Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Wow classic nostalgia was a lie

I remember back in the day when I first played wow vanilla as a kid, I enjoyed every second of it, now as an adult this game feels like retail when leveling and since I am an adult this makes the game way easier than before. Never had that nostalgic feeling. Lies just lies

Quote Originally Posted by retrogame View Post
    I remember back in the day when I first played wow vanilla as a kid, I enjoyed every second of it, now as an adult this game feels like retail when leveling and since I am an adult this makes the game way easier than before. Never had that nostalgic feeling. Lies just lies
    that's just the inevitability of growing up priorities change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you can't recreate not knowing the world of the game.
    That unfamiliarity and sense of exploration made up a lot of the charm of the original.

I remember the first time I ate a Kinder Bueneo when I was about 7, I'm now 25 and they no longer spark the same amount of joy they used to That's just part of growing up. That said, doesn't mean you don't enjoy it all anymore regardless.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

i was already an adult when wow came out. launching on 1.12 changes the game on a fundamental level. its not the wow that launched in 2004, but im still having a way better time than i did on bfa.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    i was already an adult when wow came out. launching on 1.12 changes the game on a fundamental level. its not the wow that launched in 2004, but im still having a way better time than i did on bfa.
    This. I was also an adult when WoW was released so to me it does not feel much different exept for the fact it is 1.12 and the changes that came with it. Other than that it feels the same as before gameplay wise.

Tried playing pokemon blue again recently, sadly, i dindn't feel the same way i did back in the day.

seriously, some people really have questionable expectations

I am actually really excited every moment.

Managed to hit level 50 finally and saw my first epic drop, an edgemasters.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't had high expetations and I though I would go back to retail after month, but now I'm leveling second character and still enjoying it. Looking foward for phase 2 and pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    It could never be the exact same, but I sure am enjoying it a lot and for a long time to come.
    Its been way to long since wow felt like a proper MMORPG and classic provides what BFA and many modern games can't.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

You lied to yourself.

This is exactly why I will never touch Classic, screw that "omg I am back in the past when all was new and fun", no chance that will work, I ratherr keep my fond memories intact.

What I would suggest is picking up another game, like Elder Scrolls Online or something. Not using any guides or anything, just noob around in the world figuring stuff out for yourself as you go (and do mistakes while learning from them). This is probably the only way to get back to the fresh new feeling of having a full world to explore and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    This is exactly why I will never touch Classic, screw that "omg I am back in the past when all was new and fun", no chance that will work, I ratherr keep my fond memories intact.

What I would suggest is picking up another game, like Elder Scrolls Online or something. Not using any guides or anything, just noob around in the world figuring stuff out for yourself as you go (and do mistakes while learning from them). This is probably the only way to get back to the fresh new feeling of having a full world to explore and enjoy.
    elder scrolls online is a bad game tho
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    You lied to yourself.
    ^

sorry OP, nothing is ever going to be good ever again. although, when i started playing SWTOR again after i quit retail WoW, i didn't feel nostalgia. i felt like a fool for not playing it over wow for the past 5 years.

SUCH a cooler game
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Your right its all bullshit. I lived in a different house. Had a different job. Different people were all in my life. This is all Classics fault for these differences and the effects they have on my ability to play the game the way I want. Blizzard should be sued for something over this for sure.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    just noob around in the world figuring stuff out for yourself as you go (and do mistakes while learning from them). This is probably the only way to get back to the fresh new feeling of having a full world to explore and enjoy.
    this is exactly what i did while leveling through SWTOR past level 50. all of the things i hadnt done since i quit that game were a blast. i even got to the end, started playing a shit ton of pvp to try and get into the lowest level of just ok gear, only to find out i could have talked to an npc and skipped forward to the last content patch. and was given a full set of gear better than what i was wearing XD. i had a good laugh at myself.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

I don't really understand what you are saying. As an adult this game feels like retail, so there is no nostalgia for classic?

10+ Year Old Account
    Look son! This thread again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Even as a first time player I wasn't all that impressed by it. It's like retail but your class sucks and the quests suck.

I also recommend trying another MMO like ESO or SWTOR if you want that first-time experience.

I was thoroughly enjoying it but do not have the time. So unfortunately I've unsubbed.