Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Kronos was also quite evil.
    The God of time being cruel is quite fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kohtra View Post
    God of time is Chronos.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

God of time is Chronos.
    They're the same. It's just a different spelling.

They're the same. It's just a different spelling.
    No, this is just common mistake due to similar spelling.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

God of time is Chronos.
    They're not even from the same mythology, although both are greek. But people got them confused even back in antiquity, so that's not really surprising.

No, this is just common mistake due to similar spelling.
    Ehh, it's more complicated than that. Some separate them, while others said they were essentially the same. Cicero says that they were synonymous since one is time and the other is about seasons, which is just a cycle of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Outside of the survey that I still haven't seen anyone corroborate, any sources?

https://youtu.be/RQzlcmD-1ZM?t=2038

They basically confirmed a level squish in some kind of form at some point in time. But this can also mean its coming with 11.0 or not at all.

I also remember some interview when they mentioned they want to create a permanent solution and not just squish stats every two expansions, trying to find them.

https://youtu.be/HPaPsBAXdzs?t=2011
    https://youtu.be/8MMn544Jsmo?t=746

Found the other ones, but they are basically all saying the same.
    But it goes from " it is so much work, we rather spend the time making new stuff" to "we are discussing how players would feel about it"
    Last edited by Foolicious; 2019-10-05 at 06:45 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    They are not.

Kronos or Cronus or Cronos however you want to spell it is the leader of the descendants of Uranus.
    aka the first generation of titans.
    He is the father of Zeus.

Chronos however, is the personification of time.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They are not.

Kronos or Cronus or Cronos however you want to spell it is the leader of the descendants of Uranus.
    aka the first generation of titans.
    He is the father of Zeus.

Chronos however, is the personification of time.
    Kronos is also the deity of the harvest, seasons, (all heavily associated as the passage of time) and the Romans even conflated the two of them as Saturn.

"By Saturn they seek to represent that power which maintains the cyclic course of times and seasons. This is the sense that the Greek name of that god bears, for he is called Kronos, which is the same as Chronos or Time. Saturn for his part got his name because he was "sated" with years; the story that he regularly devoured his own children is explained by the fact that time devours the courses of the seasons, and gorges itself "insatiably" on the years that are past. Saturn was enchained by Jupiter to ensure that his circuits did not get out of control, and to constrain him with the bonds of the stars.

Quintus Lucilius Balbus as recorded by Marcus Tullius Cicero and translated by P.G. Walsh, De Natura Deorum (On the Nature of the Gods), Book II, Part ii, Section c[6]"

7+ Year Old Account
    you guys remember when everyone though it would be southern seas expansion, because we had a lot of hints about it and we were getting kul'tirans and zandalari

and we end up getting then

I would not discard shadowlands so soon, blizzard lately seems to do the obvious

If the chinese "leak" is true, then it getting more strong, i mean,a shadowlands with greek theme would be cool, and would be a great selling point

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would. The leak was roundly busted the moment that Sylvanas /gquit on the Horde.

The difference is with the South Seas we had datamining from the horse's mouth confirming it. We just didn't know what form it was coming in.

In this case we're supposed to believe a busted leak because suddenly other leaks are rushing to shore up the busted parts.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I would. The leak was roundly busted the moment that Sylvanas /gquit on the Horde.

The difference is with the South Seas we had datamining from the horse's mouth confirming it. We just didn't know what form it was coming in.

In this case we're supposed to believe a busted leak because suddenly other leaks are rushing to shore up the busted parts.
    You are equating everything shadowlands related to the leak.
    We could very damn well get the shadowlands without that leak being true.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    you guys remember when everyone though it would be southern seas expansion, because we had a lot of hints about it and we were getting kul'tirans and zandalari

and we end up getting then

I would not discard shadowlands so soon, blizzard lately seems to do the obvious

If the chinese "leak" is true, then it getting more strong, i mean,a shadowlands with greek theme would be cool, and would be a great selling point
    Lets not forget that for the past decade the most popular speculation WAS the south seas expac, I think it was bound to happen sooner or later and the "leak" threads had nothing to do with it (and even then, they were basing everything off of the datamined cloth set with KulTiras in its name).
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Lets not forget that for the past decade the most popular speculation WAS the south seas expac, I think it was bound to happen sooner or later and the "leak" threads had nothing to do with it (and even then, they were basing everything off of the datamined cloth set with KulTiras in its name).
    sure, not the leaks, but ingame, in Legion, we had LOTS of hints about zandalari and kul'tiras, making then quite possible if not obvious

now, we are getting lots of hints about either a dragon isles or "shadowlands" expansion

and to be honest, if they didn't pull something entirely new unique not related to the current lore at all like MOP was, think we have some safe bets with the "possible" ones.

on the top of my head i can think of:

1- Dragon isles
    2- Shadowlands/black empire
    3- Return of draenor(with yrel and the light in general as antagonists)
    4- Return to northrend and the Lich king 2.0,or something related with the nerubian kingdom, or all of then in one
    5- An underground expansion, with the blingtron threat, apparently they are fighting a war that we know shit about it, this is the most plausible expansion for a tinker class
    6- Maaaaaybe the emerald dream/emerald nightmare expansion, even if very unlikely.
    7- We going to the moon/another world for some reason.

i can't think about any other possible option for 9.0 if not those above, and the first 2 seems more likely with the current events in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    As someone who has been here that long I can confirm the South Seas/Azshara speculation started the moment Blizz admitted they scrapped their planned Abyssal Maw raid in Cataclysm. MoP? We speculated it was one island of a larger South Seas expansion (sound familiar?), after MoP we said "We're already in the South Seas and just fought the Zandalari what better time to finally deal with Azshara?" After WoD we said "We'll come back to Azeroth and Azshara will have attacked it, there's no way the Legion is recovering from Hellfire Citadel that fast."

Guess what. Blizz juked us every time with something we didn't think was possible. Pandas? As an entire expansion? Time Traveling Orcs? The Legion AGAIN?

I suspect we'll get another juke this time. And I think that juke is "Shadowlands is just a grey reflection of our world so why set an entire expansion there when it can be a raid like Emerald Nightmare?"

What do you boys think is the most likely choice if we consider Blizzards amount of effort and their general expansion and feature idea?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuliwyfZRage View Post
    What do you boys think is the most likely choice if we consider Blizzards amount of effort and their general expansion and feature idea?
    Honestly I'm torn on most likely direction here.

I think if we look at the history with WoD-Legion-BFA we'll get some kind of nostalgia grab theme, probably "Lich King 2," about 5 zero-effort zones and one high-effort zone, a level cap of 130, a new artifact with new rental abilities, and a new group feature that nobody likes and that'll be it.

But that contrasts with the actual chatter we're hearing out of and leaked from Blizzard that talks about stuff like "undoing the prune" and "level squish" and the new Quest Sync feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Besides the fact that even Blizzard stated they are planning a level squish...
    why are you lying? blizzard NEVER stated they gonna do a level squish because the now that would lead to the biggest player lose in the history of wow, and lead to a bigger shit storm then getting rid of flying.

- - - Updated - - -

Really mobs don't actually need a level anymore.
    Well when thats the case the player doesnt either and voila another part of the rp killed in this mmorpg...

Then they will just remain green forever.
    but it shouldnt stay green forever it should turn grey aka they dont attack you at all.

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    why are you lying? blizzard NEVER stated they gonna do a level squish because the now that would lead to the biggest player lose in the history of wow, and lead to a bigger shit storm then getting rid of flying.
    I dont know... I can see them the same reasoning for ability pruning: "Too much."

130 levels isnt a fun number to look at for a new player.

Heck, it isnt really fun at to look for me and I am a TBC Veteran, although I know that this number essentialy means nothing in the end with all the number squishing.

I dont know how they want to make leveling more interesting, though.
    The easiest way to do this is to indeed squish levels down, otherwise you cannot give your character rewards.

We will have a huge issue one day if we get to level 150 or even 200, they simply cannot fill the gap between the levels, which in return makes those levels pretty much pointless.

That is like the only decent thing about Classic: The number 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    They basically confirmed a level squish in some kind of form at some point in time.
    please stop spreading the lie! they NEVER CONFIRMED a level squish *fact*

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    I also remember some interview when they mentioned they want to create a permanent solution and not just squish stats every two expansions, trying to find them.
    Stats growth has ZERO to do with your level number....
    Last edited by tmamass; 2019-10-05 at 08:56 PM.