Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Whats going to be the worgen alternative race then?

So allied races are just basically an alternative to pre existing main races

orcs - mag'har
    humans - kul tiran
    night elves - void elves
    tauren - highmountain
    draenei - lightforged
    blood elves - nightborne
    darkspear trolls - zandalari
    dwarves - dark iron

And we're getting

goblins - vulpera
    gnomes - mekkagnomes

Now I believe their going to do some dark ranger rubbish with the forsaken. (though I would have loved vrykul)

However worgen are kind of a mystery. I can't think of another race that might work as their alternatives?

Maybe Saurok, though they just seemed like really a one time thing, manufactured and without much intelligence.
    Saberon maybe, but again, same as the saurok, doesn't seem like a very advanced race, and probably already been consumed or killed off by light bound draenei.

People have speculated Saberon, but we have literally zero information from Blizzard.

Might be a bit of a model swap like Night Elf and Blood Elf.

Alliance - Lightforged Undead
    Horde - I think it will be the Troll Cat shapeshifters from ZG that will use the Saberon model. They hinted at them with a few WQs and some loa worshippers. You also have Shirvallah being hinted at in Hearthstone.

I suspect 8.3.5 will bring us a troll island off the east coast of Kalimdor that will have a bunch of troll and troll lore where we find out about Bwonsamdi's boss (Muehzala) - who whispered Vol'jin. We'll need an end game zone area like Argus / Timeless Isle / etc to keep us busy until 9.0.

Also the base form of the cat shapeshifters will probably have a lot of different skin tone options too. Like Sandfury and such.

Slides in

Just saying, Sethrak use a heavily modified female worgen skeleton.

Helmets aren't an excuse anymore with mechagnomes always unable to show arm/leg gear.

slides out

10+ Year Old Account
    Well..what about pandarens then?

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Slides in

Just saying, Sethrak use a heavily modified female worgen skeleton.

Helmets aren't an excuse anymore with mechagnomes always unable to show arm/leg gear.

slides out
    Please oh please I want my cute snekbois

I feel like at this point there's either not going to be one or it's gonna be another race they randomly make up last minute.

Sethrak are the only thing that really make any logical sense within the context of BFA, but they don't really seem like they're being prepared for player models the way Vulpera were. Saberons and Saurok aren't either, and they aren't even involved in BFA.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dragonmen like maloriak, but with a brand new model
    Saberon
    or Sethrak

Dragonmen or Saberon.

Sethrak are a lost cause: they're all hanging around Zuldazar with Sethraliss.

I can totally see them adding Saberon for the Alliance. They managed to escape to Azeroth with the Orcs and fled. They could migrate north and run into the Night Elves in Mt. Hyjal, thus leading them to the Alliance. Biggest problem though is there's currently no female model but that'll just take some work so who knows.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I feel like I am the only one who finds it RETARDED to add every single race that we came across all this long journry as "allied race". Like.... wtf?! It would be 10x more logical to have Jinyu and Hozen rather than...... hmm... vulpera and void elves. Just saying.
    And also... some "allied races" should rather be INCLUDED within "original race" just with extra customization (e.g. extra skin options for Orcs/mh orcs, dwarfs/di dwars, taurens/hm taurens....) etc, etc....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigglix View Post
    Well..what about pandarens then?
    well the same race exists on both sides, but if i had to guess I'd say furbolg and ... another bear type race?

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    So allied races are just basically an alternative to pre existing main races

orcs - mag'har
    humans - kul tiran
    night elves - void elves
    tauren - highmountain
    draenei - lightforged
    blood elves - nightborne
    darkspear trolls - zandalari
    dwarves - dark iron

And we're getting

goblins - vulpera
    gnomes - mekkagnomes

Now I believe their going to do some dark ranger rubbish with the forsaken. (though I would have loved vrykul)

However worgen are kind of a mystery. I can't think of another race that might work as their alternatives?

Maybe Saurok, though they just seemed like really a one time thing, manufactured and without much intelligence.
    Saberon maybe, but again, same as the saurok, doesn't seem like a very advanced race, and probably already been consumed or killed off by light bound draenei.
    I think for undead we’ll get Lightforged Undead things, but for Worgen alternative idk. I think we’ll get some new race in 8.3.5 or in 9.0. For 9.0 they could probably give us a horde and alliance race and another neutral race.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, Saberon and Botani did escape through the portal into Kalimdor during the Mag'har recruit scenario. Anything is possible.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    I feel like I am the only one who finds it RETARDED to add every single race that we came across all this long journry as "allied race". Like.... wtf?! It would be 10x more logical to have Jinyu and Hozen rather than...... hmm... vulpera and void elves. Just saying.
    And also... some "allied races" should rather be INCLUDED within "original race" just with extra customization (e.g. extra skin options for Orcs/mh orcs, dwarfs/di dwars, taurens/hm taurens....) etc, etc....
    I'm with you on this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I mean, Saberon and Botani did escape through the portal into Kalimdor during the Mag'har recruit scenario. Anything is possible.
    My main issue with the Saberron is that it was like... 3 of them. Unless they pull of a "not to scale" thing and actually way more came through, all the Saberon on Azeroth currently are going to be inbred. Botani at least escape that because they reproduce by growing more from corpses.

Still can’t understand anyone that says Alliance will get Sethrak. Did they have any interaction with them at all?
    The Horde actually assists a faction of them and would make much more sense to have them. I’m not saying I want them, just Horde makes more sense.

If the race is still BfA-focused, the Sethrak already use a modified Worgen skeleton and would be a very unique addition. If they’re going to be like a preview for the next xpac, could be Saberon or Dragonkin as people have mentioned. I think the Forsaken AR will be Lightforged Undead, but there are a lot of other things they could potentially add as well.

As far as Sethrak not making much sense for the Alliance, they definitely wouldn’t be the only lore-lol AR in the mix (looks at Void Elves, Nightborne, Mecha-Gnomes, etc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Still can’t understand anyone that says Alliance will get Sethrak. Did they have any interaction with them at all?
    The Horde actually assists a faction of them and would make much more sense to have them. I’m not saying I want them, just Horde makes more sense.
    really doesn't so suspect they won't. However void elves were literally pulled out a developers back end and made canon, so they might do the same with the worgen alternative.

Sethrak, Saberon, and Saurok all use the worgen frame if I remember right. Could also be some 'worgen' that aren't human as the base or maybe just non-'gilnean' human worgen is extreme levels of laziness are achieved