Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Server population: Auction House total listed items

Simple question. Some of my mates had me trying Dreadmist EU PvP

I got to the AH and only saw 28k items listed total.

Whats on your AH? I know from retail a decent sized realm has at least 50k total listed items. To check this just open the AH window up, hit search and scroll to the bottom.

For me this method has always been good way to see if a realm is dead or alive...For instance Ravencrest EU has like 100k items posted. Mind you through not that much economy players in classic wow ofc.

edit: Jesus, so many replies and nobody answered my question?

Just want to know what your AH is like on your classic realm. A lot of items listed = High pop or at least not dead realm

Please answer now <3
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2019-10-16 at 10:16 AM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

My calculations show that total Classic population now sits at under 100K. Started around 250K. Be down to 25K-50K by Christmas.

Nope. Start peak globally was probably close to 2 million. I doubt that is has fallen below 1.2 million by now.

comparing items for sale from retail to classic is a flawed idea s there are simply more items to sell in retail.

But it’s a clever idea from classic to classic.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

My hardcore classic friends have taken a break from the game since there's no content, you do MC/Ony each week and log off until next reset.

Retail includes items from classic and 6 expansions later.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedtongue View Post
    My calculations show that total Classic population now sits at under 100K. Started around 250K. Be down to 25K-50K by Christmas.
    This is what I got from my data too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Nope. Start peak globally was probably close to 2 million. I doubt that is has fallen below 1.2 million by now.
    You probably go to heaven when you die too. Just because you say something doesn't mean it happens. Wickedtounges' data sounds right. I believe it's close to 50k now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

First of all you have items from several expansions available.
    Then retail Auction house is common on merged realms
    Finally Auction houses are cross faction and not Alliance or horde only.
    I can continue on why you can't compare apples to oranges but I know it would be futile, some ppl just wanna say their piece.

Nowhere in his post did the OP suggest he was comparing classic vs. retail auction houses to determine which game had more players.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not exactly news that classic is bleeding players. That always happens when there's no new content (in retail as well) - and of course a lot of players got burned out when they realized the nostalgia is better left as just that.
    Hi

can only compare classic server pop but not with bfa because of ah fee alone.
    lot of trading in classic is not through ah

Quote Originally Posted by jiih View Post
    can only compare classic server pop but not with bfa because of ah fee alone.
    lot of trading in classic is not through ah
    As someone who actually plays classic instead of making things up, I can tell you the ah has magnitudes more trade done than trade chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Some of the "facts" in this thread XD

Jesus, so many replies and nobody answered my question?

Just want to know what your AH is like on your classic realm. A lot of items listed = High pop or at least not dead realm

Please answer now <3
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    This is what I got from my data too.

You probably go to heaven when you die too. Just because you say something doesn't mean it happens. Wickedtounges' data sounds right. I believe it's close to 50k now.
    From which data? You post random numbers, while complaining about others doing exactly that - posting random numbers.
    A weird guy on the internet once said, "Just because you say something doesn't mean it happens.".

You disapprove of his point just because he does not say "according to his calculations"? That is ridiculous beyond belief, holy crap.

It would be cool if people listed some kind of source. Otherwise it does not make any sence to post like this

Considering there was 250 K people in the queues alone just in Europe by the first week, I'd say your calculations are terribly shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    It's not exactly news that classic is bleeding players. That always happens when there's no new content (in retail as well) - and of course a lot of players got burned out when they realized the nostalgia is better left as just that.
    I'd wish it were bleeding them faster, because one month and a half later the main problem is still overpopulation everywhere and nearly all servers are still layered and unable to drop to one layers (and still overpopulated on each layer).

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    edit: Jesus, so many replies and nobody answered my question?

Please answer now <3
    just make some lvl 1 chars and run them to the AH?

10+ Year Old Account
    lol

/10char

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenwonderboy View Post
    It would be cool if people listed some kind of source. Otherwise it does not make any sence to post like this
    If he posted a photo of his ass, they would ban him.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.