Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Use the tax for what exactly? In some MMOs like EvE it makes sense (and it has an in-game way of taking income tax), but is the guild really struggling to provide raid necessities?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by wladimir89 View Post
    Is this even necessary, with all the boe's and crafting mats, this should be enough to supply consumables and enchants to the raiding members?
    They plan this for future raids like aq,naxx for some resistance gear and on top of that i don't think we get anything,i still have to bring my own elixirs and buy my own mats for enchanting.

Edit:

Forgot to add, its 25g per week.
    If they are asking for it, it's not a tax.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Like, Blizzard changed the whole looting system in BFA because some poor souls were trapped in some weird abusive loot council guilds and because sometimes trials don't get any items for a month!
    Uuh, that was pretty much common practice back in TBC. Trials only got loot no one else needed until they were full members.
    Never saw anything wrong with that approach.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah...I'd be finding myself a new guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Uuh, that was pretty much common practice back in TBC. Trials only got loot no one else needed until they were full members.
    Never saw anything wrong with that approach.
    Yep. This was what my guild did in BC and Wrath. Trials didn't even get DKP. They did get to /roll on stuff that nobody wanted (as a slightly higher priority than sharding it), but yeah, that was it until they got promoted to raiders.

Ditch that guild. 90% of the time this turns into some1 ninjaing all that gold.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most guilds on private servers used to loot boss gold from MC and BWL, to pay for stuff like tank flasks, Naxx progress flasks, TF and whatnot, or paying people to help farm silithus fragments for their guildies all day, to get the mount on as much ppl as possible, stuff like that. In the end most of our gold was spent 'speedrunning' and providing hunters with multiple flasks of pertifications for trash skips, with a black lotus price of ~100g+ a guildtax like that would be spent well. But this was a super organized guild with a leader that everyone trusted for years, I feel just random lesser guilds the chance is pretty big that it will be stolen or not used properly.

You can't do this on classic since you cannot leave the grp and loot gold, as gold will get distributed anyway, and even running out of range isn't possible as it's unlimited (not how it was back then btw) range it seems. Hence I guess they are imposing this guildtax.

For us it was never a problem as the leadership was sound, but I can see this being used by some dodgy people too, so depends on how high you rate your leadership I guess, otherwise just leave now. Tbh you can usually tell if they are trustworthy, easy giveaways will be never see them farming but they do have annihilator etc already, and are always flasked up, if they really plan to misuse the gbank gold, they'll do it now already.

5+ Year Old Account
    Fuck that shit, time to find a new guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    My vanilla guild used to ninja the gold from bosses for tax. Do bosses even drop gold now? Onyxia used to drop 100 to 200 gold IIR.

On top of that they used to ninja every single Zul'Gurub Bijou (rep marks) for the "Guild Bank" lol.

Is this even necessary, with all the boe's and crafting mats, this should be enough to supply consumables and enchants to the raiding members?
    They plan this for future raids like aq,naxx for some resistance gear and on top of that i don't think we get anything,i still have to bring my own elixirs and buy my own mats for enchanting.

Edit:

Many guilds will ask for it's members to contribute towards consumables and crafting mats. But if it's a required thing, unless said guild is gunning for 5x 30 minute MC + Ony clears every night to gear everyone up I'd just find a new guild. Considering you aren't getting anything in return I'd say that guild prob doesn't have a long shelf life either.
    "Do fish have dreams?" - Nick Cage
    The Cage!! In his most primal form!!

Lmao. Massive red flag. I have NEVER heard of a 'guild tax'. Especially for a raid that ISN'T EVEN RELEASED YET! Are you that dumb?

Leave this guild immediately.

how many posts we're getting from people asking if they should stay with such a guild.
    one post...?

There's guilds in Modern WoW that charge a tax to stay with them. It's better to just tell them to fuck off and find a guild not run by greedy douche canoes.

I've been in some pretty hardcore vanilla guilds and I'm in one of the most hardcore right now and I've never experienced anything like that. Seems like they're literally ripping everyone off.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    find another guild man i'm guessing they use loot council as well?

- - - Updated - - -

naxx may not be released for 2 years and classic could be dead by then
    Most competent guilds will use loot council.

- - - Updated - - -

It's fucking ridiculous what guilds in Classic get away with.

Like, Blizzard changed the whole looting system in BFA because some poor souls were trapped in some weird abusive loot council guilds and because sometimes trials don't get any items for a month!

Meanwhile in Classic about every single fucking guild is going completely mental. No loot if you failed once, no loot if you don't use like 5 pots for every boss, guild tax, fucking DKP systems in 2019 and god knows what else. Because after seeing how piss easy MC truly is, it's absolutely necessary to punish single mistakes on bosses that would still die with 500 mistakes and 10 players. Because the place would be unbeatable without everyone using 5 pots and all DM buffs. Because you need a guild tax to prepare for raids that are still like 2 years away and which are going to be 100% as piss easy as MC. And because managing a DKP system for 50 people for 3 hours of raiding every week is totally reasonable and doesn't mean that every new person will pretty much not get anything they want for about 6 months.

It's ridiculous how guilds in Classic act like fucking Method when they're dealing with LFR content. If your Classic guilds asks for anything more than you having somewhat proper pre-raid gear and being there when raids are planned... then they're either fucking clowns or trying to fuck with you.

In all my time playing this game, I have never once raided in a guild that didn't use loot council (pretty much every decent guild does) and I've never in my life seen "loot council abuse."

Not once. The entire concept of loot council abuse makes no sense because all it would do is hurt prog. In fact, every single time I've ever seen someone claim loot council abuse it's been a bad player, mad they aren't first in line for items considered valuable to progression.

And just an FYI: most guilds still use loot council, even with the change. And we'll never stop using loot council because it's important to control the flow of loot during progression.

Nobody has ever been "trapped" in a loot council system, they're free to leave and find a different guild. Changing loot was one of the dumbest things blizzard has ever done.

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    In all my time playing this game, I have never once raided in a guild that didn't use loot council (pretty much every decent guild does) and I've never in my life seen "loot council abuse."
    Me neither. But it was seemingly big enough of a problem in the lfr community for Blizzard to impose PL onto everyone.

There is no reason to ever be in a guild that wants you to pay "taxes".

Are they hard core l33t guys?

It's fucking ridiculous what guilds in Classic get away with.

Meanwhile in Classic about every single fucking guild is going completely mental. No loot if you failed once, no loot if you don't use like 5 pots for every boss, guild tax, fucking DKP systems in 2019 and god knows what else. Because after seeing how piss easy MC truly is, it's absolutely necessary to punish single mistakes on bosses that would still die with 500 mistakes and 10 players. Because the place would be unbeatable without everyone using 5 pots and all DM buffs. Because you need a guild tax to prepare for raids that are still like 2 years away and which are going to be 100% as piss easy as MC. And because managing a DKP system for 50 people for 3 hours of raiding every week is totally reasonable and doesn't mean that every new person will pretty much not get anything they want for about 6 months.

It's ridiculous how guilds in Classic act like fucking Method when they're dealing with LFR content. If your Classic guilds asks for anything more than you having somewhat proper pre-raid gear and being there when raids are planned... then they're either fucking clowns or trying to fuck with you.
    nice rant post xD
    not one single guild who clears mc on noggenfogger has something stupid like this so please dont make things up

Edit:

if you have to question it, no its not worth it.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by jiih View Post
    nice rant post xD
    not one single guild who clears mc on noggenfogger has something stupid like this so please dont make things up
    Not a single MC guild on your server uses DKP? (X) Doubt
    Yesterday we had a post here from a guy asking if he should stay in a guild that didn't give out loot to people who failed and/or weren't fully flasked/pot'ed.
    Here we have a guy asking if he should stay in a guild that raises a motherfucking weekly 25g guild tax.

This isn't made up. Those retard guilds exist, and you'll find quite a lot of them if you just look at random shit guilds who are currently progressing on Gehennas or whatever thrashness. It's like those ominous retail guilds with abusive loot councils that conspired against trials and refused to give anyone loot... which were seemingly so numerous that Blizzard just had to act and impose PL onto every single player. Guilds consisting of either 12 y/os or 80 y/os who've never seen an internet before and are too gullible to think for themselves.
    Last edited by Gasparde; 2019-10-19 at 06:20 AM.