Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Arcwine still a thing? [spoilers, Vulerpa quest]

I hear that in the Vulpera unlock quests, you help the Nightborne with their arcwine production.

But isn't Arcwine a product of the nightwell? And hasn't that been shut down?

Quote Originally Posted by allawyn View Post
    I hear that in the Vulpera unlock quests, you help the Nightborne with their arcwine production.

Arcwine seems to be just booze now, apparently they make it for the entire horde, which is why they asked for additional help making it

7+ Year Old Account
    Nightborne are alcoholics
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Coca-cola used to contain cocaine. It doesn't anymore, but it's still very popular

Baine shouldn't even consider funding the Arcwine production with his limited budget. People can totally live without extra wine not to mention some folks don't even drink alcohol in the first place. Baine should focus purely on rebuilding the military, extra defenses etc with the budget he has.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

7+ Year Old Account
    They just don't infuse it with the nightwells essence anymore.

Formerly known as Arafal

Arcwine was always made with other things - we stomp fruit in Suramar, adding more berries, flowers, and water to it in a quest/WQ. There were also different types of it, like Mana Juice (which children drank), among other flavors. The essence of the Nightwell was simply added afterward. The name simply stuck, even though now it's just wine, and has no arcane in it.

Considering they made it taste nice through fruits and flowers, it's obviously just a part of the culture. They've also been doing this for 10,000 years, and they haven't needed to rely on it for a year and a half. It just doesn't have magic infused into it anymore. We see the vintners in the Nighthold when we make a new Nightborne, so it wasn't a surprise that they continued this tradition. We also saw them recently at Brewfest, selling Arcwine.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorned View Post
    Coca-cola used to contain cocaine. It doesn't anymore, but it's still very popular
    /thread post, right here. ^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    Baine shouldn't even consider funding the Arcwine production with his limited budget. People can totally live without extra wine not to mention some folks don't even drink alcohol in the first place. Baine should focus purely on rebuilding the military, extra defenses etc with the budget he has.
    And the award for Most Boring Reply™, November 2019 goes to you.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by allawyn View Post

They can use normal arcane magic. Production would be slower but will still go on.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    Alcohol makes water safe to drink. The military has limited use when soldiers shit their pants constantly.

suramar is the only city in the game with a brothel in it.

nightborne are hedonist nobles, even the women claim to be ready for "variety" now that they're out in the world. of course their wine production is still going.

Arcwine is mostly arcane wine. Why shouldn't it be there?
    We have void wine after all.
    Last edited by MatthiasVonTzeskagrad; 2019-11-13 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    suramar is the only city in the game with a brothel in it.

nightborne are hedonist nobles, even the women claim to be ready for "variety" now that they're out in the world. of course their wine production is still going.
    This is my new favorite reply in this forum.

Kinda weird that Suramar is the only city with a brothel, you'd think that atleast humans and blood elves would have it in Stormwind and Silvermoon.
    Also, Nightborne society is basically Kaldorei society 10 000 years ago. I wonder when the Night Elves got rid of their alcohol addiction and whorehouses.
    Last edited by Moonrage; 2019-11-13 at 07:11 PM.

It's hilarious that arcwine is so instrumental in Vulpera getting into The Horde. Baine must like the sauce.

"You couldn't get in before, but since you got us booze, you're in!"

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Nightborne are alcoholics
    You would be too when you gotta talk to an incompetent Bovine and the looming fear Blizzard will villain bat your leaders again in 2 years.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    You would be too when you gotta talk to an incompetent Bovine and the looming fear Blizzard will villain bat your leaders again in 2 years.
    The hate boners are real
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    The hate boners are real
    Comes with the writing, though. Ain't untrue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Arcwine seems to be just booze now, apparently they make it for the entire horde, which is why they asked for additional help making it
    Confirmed since last brewfest and the nightborne tent selling the stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    This is my new favorite reply in this forum.

Kinda weird that Suramar is the only city with a brothel, you'd think that atleast humans and blood elves would have it in Stormwind and Silvermoon.
    Also, Nightborne society is basically Kaldorei society 10 000 years ago. I wonder when the Night Elves got rid of their alcohol addiction and whorehouses.
    I guess when priests claimed the leadership. The better question is why didn't blood elves return to whorehouses.

Also, is it public brothel or we are talking about Elisande's room?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasVonTzeskagrad View Post
    Arcwine is mostly arcane wine. Why shouldn't it be there?
    We have void wine after all.
    The question is why does arcwine still exist if the arcway laylines used to enchant the shadefruit used the power of the Nightwell, when the Nighwell has been dismantled, as Thalyssria claimed. The answer being either the shadefruit is now enchanted by traditional moonwells or by the Mana tree itself growing in Shal'aran (Arcan'dor, a Mana Tree is a smaller, but more efficient version of a world tree)