Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It's like a "Azeroth's greatest hits" thing. You experience certain parts of different encounters for a chance at loot and the first time you do them, you get a mount.

It's kind of fun, but also kind of frustrating. It was fun enough to do for the mount, but I don't plan on repeating it to get loot I can either get from the original raids for their appearance, or get from other content for the itemlevel.

At least it was true to its intended purpose and didn't turn out to be an atrocity like the Alterac Valley remake. What a waste that event has been. So much potential wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    Report back after you've done all three in LFR pugs lol.

Hums: "Ah we can dance if we want to, we can leave your friends behind.
    Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance,
    Well they're... no friends of mine."
    Honestly this was my favorite thing to do. Did Wrath first day and I was the ONLY person who survived the first safety dance. Half the group dropped by the second splash and I think I was the last man standing before the first half of the cycle. Then I just danced alone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    To this day I'll never understand why people had a hard time with this. It's a simple back and forth pattern over 4 evenly shaped quadrants.
    Lag and bad internet connections back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Lag and bad internet connections back in the day.
    I understand that. I meant the complaints about it being super hard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    I understand that. I meant the complaints about it being super hard.
    Today I guess we can blame it on people not managing the timing properly and lack of clearly marked areas. We are a bit spoiled nowadays I guess with telegraphs.

Bad lag and connections made the visuals and actual damage not line up back in the day. People could do it correctly and still be punished because their visuals lagged behind. Heck we suffered through the Heigan dance in Wotlk with a Blood DK in the guild with THE worst connection. He still did it correctly on his screen, it just didn't match reality. Cost us the Undying title sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Today I guess we can blame it on people not managing the timing properly and lack of clearly marked areas. We are a bit spoiled nowadays I guess with telegraphs.

Bad lag and connections made the visuals and actual damage not line up back in the day. People could do it correctly and still be punished because their visuals lagged behind. Heck we suffered through the Heigan dance in Wotlk with a Blood DK in the guild with THE worst connection. He still did it correctly on his screen, it just didn't match reality. Cost us the Undying title sadly.
    No, I get the lag and bad connections back in the day, had a dial up connection in MC routinely was in single digit FPS back then.

My last run was like the swamp castle guards scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail where the king spends 5m trying to explain to the guards to stay here and make sure the prince doesn't leave, and then as he leaves the room the guards still try to follow him out.

After like the 5th wipe, the fight starts and immediately people start spreading out across the room in front of the platform. Like WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU GOING?? WE TALKED ABOUT THIS!

Lols.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    It's just a fun little event, no biggie.

I agree that the itemlvl restriction shouldn't be necessary, they should have scaled everybody to level 85 for the Cataclysm one and given the appropriate stats.
    ilvl restriction is to boost sales from boost. You're conveniently placed at 390 ilvl.

I might've been lucky with my group, but I was under the impression that these encounters are generally designed to be quite easy. For the most part the dps was so high that we barely got to experience any of the difficult aspects of the encounters. Heigan for example only got to spawn his green shit once before we were on to Anub'arak, so we never had to do the "dance".

The only wipe we had was due to a bug on Ragnaros where the time shift (that normally happens when switching encounters) kept happening every 7 or so seconds, placing everyone right where Ragnaros was smashing his hammer. That bug has hopefully been fixed by now, so it should be even easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    While I most certainly agree on Arthas I'm quite annoyed with the "you need to do safety dance!" crowd.

No. You don't. You just need to get everyone on top of the platform and nuke him down. If you do it right he should be done right as bloodlust/hero ends and you can just move along from there.

The insistence on everyone having to do the dance causes more wipes than anything on Heigan.
    QFT. My first attempt at the event had like 5 people only who had nay idea what the safety dance was... so everyone dogpiled the platform and burned him in like 3 bursts.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    As someone else already said, november 7th:

Which was 2 days after I did him. So yes, I did ignore mechanics, and that was apparently not normal and later fixed by upping his health. Try being informed before accusing someone of lying.
    But it is still inaccurate to say you can ignroe mechanics now. YOu are dishonest to represent what you went through as what is the case now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    In all honestly - you do not want to do these fights COMPLETELY and with all mechanics in LFR. You just don't

Also..8 hrs in queue? OMG...now I know why I did it on day 1 and got it over in 1 hr.
    LFR molten core was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    But it is still inaccurate to say you can ignroe mechanics now. YOu are dishonest to represent what you went through as what is the case now.
    I didn’t say that. It was easy when I did it, turned out they changed it, ergo, it’s not the same now and not as easy anymore. How can you not understand that?

"literally only autohit for a few minutes" so YOU'RE the guy who kept wiping my raid group.

You still have to handle all their tactics for those minutes, and NO ONE remembers what they're doing. It was harder than the current raid tier to push those pug scrubs through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Culminated, as in: 90 minutes in queue, no group, try again next day. 90 minutes in queue, bo group, try again next day etc.
    why you gotta lie?

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    +15% rep and exp, as well as grinding "Classic" AV for speed-leveling, for 2 months is the real event
    FTFY. /10char
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysake View Post
    why you gotta lie?

What is so abstract about this for you? I don't get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was just a couple of more memorable/unique phases from key bosses here and there. Like Nefarian one, despite not fighting Nefarian head on, was actually the unique part there with whole lava and platforms thing.

The event was about remembering stuff we did in past, not posing genuine challenge or some such. I think that was ok, though maybe they should have tossed a little extra other than raid event for 15/25 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's always the same deal with these kind of events. Do them early so people are on their mains and know what to do. Cause you dont want to have to carry SlowAss McGee on his undergeared alt doing it in week 5.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Took me a while to get a group (spend over 8 hours in queue total, had to cancel sometimes and start again on another day) and the event is just... so strange. You get thrown into the boss fights, right in the middle, with now context, and you literally only hit them for 2-3 minutes, until you get teleported out to the next one, without any context. Just did the Cataclysm one and it literally took 7 minutes from start to finish.

Don't get me wrong, I did not expect this to be a completely new raid or anything or that those bosses have a difficulty curve that is above LFR, but why have an itemlevel restriction for an event that is literally only autohit for a few minutes?
    And why advertise it this big? I mean its kinda nice that it is there, of course, but its really not a feature that I would advertise in its delivered state.
    Simple thing. Do such events on day one. Complete it, get your mount and be done with it. It was obvious, that nobody would do it in a long term, so it would be active on first several days only.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.