Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by reploid View Post
    Ok, so some content creator (s) have recently come across a leak that shows the Jailer’s real appearance. I wont mention who it was or show the picture, but it came straight from the Blizzard HQ.
    But his appearance makes it abundantly clear he is a Titan. And that has HUGE lore implications, like:

Sylvanas is actually working with a Titan, that does not belong to the Pantheon, and that was hidden from us in such a forceful, extreme way…A Veil, that was supposed to never be broken. Even Odin, a titan keeper, had to give up an eye to peer into the shadowlands. What are the titans so afraid we will find out?
    I’ve long believed that the Pantheon is corrupt and evil, that Azeroth (the Titan) is kept asleep to be controlled and in a prison, and that we’re also sharing that prison. That now ties in nicely with sylvanas flat out stating that the world was a prison.
    Then if the Pantheon is corrupt, and the Jailer is not, as in he wants to set us free, then…Sargeras is also not really evil. Maybe he thrust his sword to break azeroth’s prison and not to kill her?
    In the cinematic, sylvanas shares a scene with the Jailer and a few black winged valkyr. what was her deal with helya, and is helya the Jailer’s titan keeper?
    If we assume that blizzard is going for greek mythology here, the gods (titans in this case) killed their parents and stole their power to rule. What if Azeroth and the Jailer are the original parents of the titans of the pantheon? What if sargeras found out about that and revolted against his brothers?
    How will all of this tie in with Calia Menethil being the child of light and darkness? a lightforged undead (the light struck a bargain with the enemy of all)
    If the Jailer is good, why are the souls not following their normal cycle? Is it the work of the other titans and beyond his control? or is he doing it deliberately to stage an insurrection?
    If he’s doing it deliberately to stage an insurrection because the Pantheon is corrupt, then maybe the titanforged get new souls from sentient beings and that’s what he’s trying to free us from? Being reborn as mindless constructs?
    You think blizz will create a deep story about a corrupt pantheon and a good sargeras/jailer, when all that blizz ever did with the lore, was to keep it straight and simple?

Think again.

Interesting that does indeed looks extremely like the titans we saw in the in-game cinematics.

I wonder if it's because Blizzard just wants to re-use those models to save time and all or if there is an actual relation there.

I doubt he's a titan. Blizz is trying to expand the lore so that they have more material for expansions. This would just bring it back to another dead end.

Looks like a generic mythological old God figure. I'm going to need a compelling backstory to actually be invested in the character or this expansion is dead in the water.

Wrong thread. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, so some content creator (s) have recently come across a leak that shows the Jailer’s real appearance. I wont mention who it was or show the picture, but it came straight from the Blizzard HQ.
    But his appearance makes it abundantly clear he is a Titan. And that has HUGE lore implications, like:

Sylvanas is actually working with a Titan, that does not belong to the Pantheon, and that was hidden from us in such a forceful, extreme way…A Veil, that was supposed to never be broken. Even Odin, a titan keeper, had to give up an eye to peer into the shadowlands. What are the titans so afraid we will find out?
    I’ve long believed that the Pantheon is corrupt and evil, that Azeroth (the Titan) is kept asleep to be controlled and in a prison, and that we’re also sharing that prison. That now ties in nicely with sylvanas flat out stating that the world was a prison.
    Then if the Pantheon is corrupt, and the Jailer is not, as in he wants to set us free, then…Sargeras is also not really evil. Maybe he thrust his sword to break azeroth’s prison and not to kill her?
    In the cinematic, sylvanas shares a scene with the Jailer and a few black winged valkyr. what was her deal with helya, and is helya the Jailer’s titan keeper?
    If we assume that blizzard is going for greek mythology here, the gods (titans in this case) killed their parents and stole their power to rule. What if Azeroth and the Jailer are the original parents of the titans of the pantheon? What if sargeras found out about that and revolted against his brothers?
    How will all of this tie in with Calia Menethil being the child of light and darkness? a lightforged undead (the light struck a bargain with the enemy of all)
    If the Jailer is good, why are the souls not following their normal cycle? Is it the work of the other titans and beyond his control? or is he doing it deliberately to stage an insurrection?
    If he’s doing it deliberately to stage an insurrection because the Pantheon is corrupt, then maybe the titanforged get new souls from sentient beings and that’s what he’s trying to free us from? Being reborn as mindless constructs?
    Isn't it already established lore that Azeroth is the final and youngest world soul?
    Last edited by corruptdevil; 2019-11-28 at 02:48 AM. Reason: mistaken

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Chronicle isn't "untrue." It's a painting that over time is filled in with color and details that don't make the original work any less true, just a piece of a whole that we'll probably never fully complete.

That said, the Jailer reveal adds absolutely nothing without more context.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer Morningstar View Post
    Can we get the name so we can check it out?
    The Jailer.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    The Chronicle isn't "untrue." It's a painting that over time is filled in with color and details that don't make the original work any less true, just a piece of a whole that we'll probably never fully complete.

That said, the Jailer reveal adds absolutely nothing without more context.
    We've all tried different ways of saying this... the dude don't get it unfortunately, or don't care. Whatever it is, it's not for him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Blizz can't keep their stories straight from patch to patch sometimes, the whole narrative is pointless, it is just amusing to watch the trainwreck of a "story". It is garbage most of the time, plain and simple and I have the morbid fascination to see how they can screw this dumpster fire up even more.
    You oviously have some sort of emotional connection to this so all i 'll say is that it varies.

Whatever it takes for Sylvanas to be right, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

I find it weird one person took this photo and shared it specifically with him and not anyone else.

but if pyro wanted this to get out with him being the sole person leaking it, he could of made a fake anon 4 chan account and said " i am a disgrunted blizzard dev" and then its not his fault

I'm just glad he's not some stupid troll.

If you have to specify it's not fake, it's actually fake.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Looks like a generic mythological old God figure. I'm going to need a compelling backstory to actually be invested in the character or this expansion is dead in the water.
    I'm so excited that the entire expansion's success depends on your approval.

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    I'm so excited that the entire expansion's success depends on your approval.
    As excited as when blowing up the Earth with an Illudium Q-36 explosive space modulator?

You know it's real when they put in "not fake" not once, but TWICE. At least I think that's how double negatives don't not work.

If real wouldn't this confirm that the skeletal LK looking thing with wings from the trailers is not the Jailer? That might just be a powerful Targhast creature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    You know it's real when they put in "not fake" not once, but TWICE. At least I think that's how double negatives don't not work.

If real wouldn't this confirm that the skeletal LK looking thing with wings from the trailers is not the Jailer? That might just be a powerful Targhast creature.
    It could just be the jailer drained of power. Hence the reason for stealing all the souls.

Chronicles was written by blizzard, what are people on about? Titans? Lol, fictional figures.

I think that Jailor looks cool, but from the Shadowlands Annoncement trailer he was so much, eh, fatter than this. If the Shadows in Shadowlands isn't just bigger that is. Makes sense I guess.

About the Arbiter, she predates the titans. How is that even possible? Was Shadowlands there before the panteon? The first living in the Great Dark Beyond? Why did they need Shadowlands for when there was no life to die? If this is true, and people think that the Jailor is Aman'thuls father, then surely she must be his mother? And if none of the panteons, the Jailor and the Arbiter is Elune, she must be the most powerful entity that exists.

He looks pretty baller. Gives me a Dark Souls vibe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sneakies what happened with Argus being the one at the top of death?

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Sneakies what happened with Argus being the one at the top of death?
    i would like to know how argues relates to this guy.

the pantheon in general, really. i mean, the similarities between titan architecture and design is so incredibly similar to oribos and bastion that it's either lack of creativity from the devs, or a very intentional design.