0 honor when lose
    4min - 45min per match

AV
    1-2min queue time
    2k honor per lose, up to 4k honor per win
    6 - 15 min per match

Warsong solo queue = cancer
    AV solo queue = i can go afk and have all the honor

How long until the first AFK rank 14 pops up?

Edit: Yes, yes. I know that pure honor gain is not "enough". But if you know of a way how to gain more honor than via chain queuing AV, let me know.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2019-12-11 at 07:23 PM.

Seems like you overestimate the Vanilla PvP system. Only the top 0,01% or something like that will become rank 14. For the rest it will be like running on a treadmill.

When you afk for 5 mins u get kicked. Blizz detects auto mouse clicker. The entire honor system is based off of time played for the most part anyway.

If someone wants to sit at their computer queuing for AV and jumping every few mins to avoid afk, for 15 hours a day, I say let them get 14. Not really any different than a 10 man premade stomping pugs without any real threat of losing.

Quote Originally Posted by zoddzero View Post
    Seems like you overestimate the Vanilla PvP system. Only the top 0,01% or something like that will become rank 14. For the rest it will be like running on a treadmill.
    When AV is the ultimate source of honor, how will someone get "more" than others, other than by joining more AVs? Unless you think 40 man premades will be standard for Rank 14 players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    When you afk for 5 mins u get kicked. Blizz detects auto mouse clicker. The entire honor system is based off of time played for the most part anyway.

If someone wants to sit at their computer queuing for AV and jumping every few mins to avoid afk, for 15 hours a day, I say let them get 14. Not really any different than a 10 man premade stomping pugs without any real threat of losing.
    I've been doing my chores, some housework, watching Netflix etc. all while just walking around the AV a bit for the last 5 hours. I've made more than 60k honor by now.

... there are like thousands of people having the same idea... good luck with getting rank 14 without doing anything special.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    ... there are like thousands of people having the same idea... good luck with getting rank 14 without doing anything special.
    Tell me, what will that "special thing" be?

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Playing more than other people.

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    Playing more than other people.
    Which confirms what I say. Premades are dead, you can literally afk your way to rank 14. All you need it time and endurance and you can do it solo

Vanilla PvP ranks aren't something like a rep system where you just get over a certain amount and can get an equivalent to exalted, they function much more like an arena rating that's driven more by how much you play rather than how capable you are. Just like in vanilla the only people who are going to get rank 14 are the people who can afford to play 12+ hours a day and do so constantly.
    And that is why they changed the whole system and went away from BG's as a pvp ranking system to arena.

Just because you farm honor like that doesn't mean you'll get rank 14.

You're competing against everyone else on your server... they only give 1 rank 14 per week.

Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    Just because you farm honor like that doesn't mean you'll get rank 14.

You're competing against everyone else on your server... they only give 1 rank 14 per week.
    And? What will the others do? They'll just afk for longer in AV than what my rl schedule would allow for. Okay, good for them. Still they afked themselves to R14.

Which confirms what I say. Premades are dead, you can literally afk your way to rank 14. All you need it time and endurance and you can do it solo
    But that's all you've really ever needed to do. So I dont get what's different.

And? What will the others do? They'll just afk for longer in AV than what my rl schedule would allow for. Okay, good for them. Still they afked themselves to R14.
    ok then good, enjoy trying.

But that's all you've really ever needed to do. So I dont get what's different.
    Don't know about which server you played fam, but where I used to be you had half a dozen other rank 14 aspiring premade groups.

Getting higher ranks required to be part of either of those groups, and if you ever matched up against another premade group, you had to play proper PVP in WS or Arathi.

None of that is necessary anymore.

You will not get rank 14 without maximizing the honor gained like additional HKs or winning WSG premades with good grp.
    AFKing on AV will be enough probably for rank 11-12 imho.
    Hope you will have much fun with that gameplay tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    You will not get rank 14 without maximizing the honor gained like additional HKs or winning WSG premades with good grp.
    AFKing on AV will be enough probably for rank 11-12 imho.
    Hope you will have much fun with that gameplay tho.
    What are you talking about? You have instant invites in AV vs up to 15 minutes waiting time for WSG. You are out-honoring WSG premades by like double the amount of honor per hour. If not more.

I can see that you might want to hunt for extra kills within the AV, but others will benefit there as well as long as they're in range.

Don't know about which server you played fam, but where I used to be you had half a dozen other rank 14 aspiring premade groups.

Getting higher ranks required to be part of either of those groups, and if you ever matched up against another premade group, you had to play proper PVP in WS or Arathi.

None of that is necessary anymore.
    If you're playing premade vs premade you are tanking your honor per hour. Best to avoid that. You dont "play proper pvp", you just avoid it, fam.

Is this how people got to Rank 14 in 1.12 vanilla?

If you're playing premade vs premade you are tanking your honor per hour. Best to avoid that. You dont "play proper pvp", you just avoid it, fam.
    You only really avoided other R14 premades. For the rest you actually follow tactics and coordinated yourself.

But that's antics anyway. Nobody will be premade unless they nerf AV honor gain. You heard it here first.

Nothing wrong with it, more ppl that have it the better. If you want to get it early, just spam report everyone in AV so they get deserter while you afk inside.