7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    It would have to be against them, like say, he kills a family member of theirs, like their mother, then they might give a little bit of shit, but then go right back to cupping the balls.
    That wouldn't work. There was one guy that said he would still support Trump, even if Trump personally showed up, beat him up, and burned his house down right in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    okay boomer
    lmao imagine getting that offended over getting called a boomer

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    So, the only proof they'd accept would have to be personally affecting them?
    Think of Trumpers as antivaxxers that dont care if their kid dies (America) as long as it also takes out the evil left wing.

There is no proof that will change their minds.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I keep asking this of people on your side, none of you, as of yet, have had the stones to answer it....If he was guilty, what proof would you accept?
    This is a very solid point that continually goes unanswered by the Trumpkins. And the impeachment proceedings have just brought that further to the forefront.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Welp, this is pretty big, given the source. A bit hard to ignore, too, though I've no doubt many will do their damnedest.

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct...om-office.html

TL;DR: The biggest publication in Evangelical Christianity is coming out in support of Trump's removal.
    Looking at the tone of the article, it more reads like they're wanting to wash their hands of him and his administration now that he's no longer giving them what they wanted, and his status as 'Useful Idiot' has evolved into 'Harmful Idiot'.

I mean, they were okay with soooooo much more abhorrent behavior up until this point, so it rings a bit hollow.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Trump literally said on TV he wants Ukraine, and China, to investigate a political rival. They still think it’s all bullshit. Hopefully some will start to change their minds as outlets like Christianity Today call for his removal. I won’t be holding my breath though.
    The rabid and relatively insane fanbase that blindly follows him knows almost no bounds in abandoning decency. Trump told a sitting member of the U.S. House of Representatives that her husband was in hell, just last night, as he was being impeached.

Hillary certainly had her faults, but calling Drumpf and his fan base a basket of deplorables was spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Looking at the tone of the article, it more reads like they're wanting to wash their hands of him and his administration now that he's no longer giving them what they wanted, and his status as 'Useful Idiot' has evolved into 'Harmful Idiot'.

I mean, they were okay with soooooo much more abhorrent behavior up until this point, so it rings a bit hollow.
    Still, if Trump loses the support of evangelicals then he's done, that's easily half or more of his base.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Still, if Trump loses the support of evangelicals then he's done, that's easily half or more of his base.
    But that article won't do it. It would have to be a major thought shift about what Trump represents. And with everything we know he's done, adultery, prostitution, and theft, the evangelicals still blindly follow him.

The Impeachment has proven that - not a single GOP voted for impeachment. And just as a friendly reminder for those reading this that might need it, impeachment isn't removal, it's merely an indictment.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    No, for sure I agree with you. Even if the reasons are entirely disingenuous, the article is giving a open window to their readers who don't actually want to deal with this asshole but did so because of the shiny (R) next to his name.

And then they can smugly pretend they still have some type of moral high ground and act like they always hated him.

They should have called Trump an atheist.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, for sure I agree with you. Even if the reasons are entirely disingenuous, the article is giving a open window to their readers who don't actually want to deal with this asshole but did so because of the shiny (R) next to his name.

And then they can smugly pretend they still have some type of moral high ground and act like they always hated him.
    Interesting. That's the only way I see a mass exodus from the Trump cult. Some *reason* that is now "too much" to put up with, and then a casual flick of the past wherein the rest of us pretend they weren't insane for backing him in the first place.

Really, at this point, anything to get him out office. He is literally the worst person to sit in that office in the history of the United States. The Impeachment is just bringing this all to the forefront. Pelosi truly is a Grand Master.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    They should have called Trump an atheist.
    "Nobody loves god more than me, I'm probably the most christian person there is. I'm so holy... nobody is holier than me!"

~approximated Trump tweet
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    "Nobody loves god more than me, I'm probably the most christian person there is. I'm so holy... nobody is holier than me!"

~approximated Trump tweet
    Yet, he can't cite a single fucking passage in the fucking bible. It is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I keep asking this of people on your side, none of you, as of yet, have had the stones to answer it....If he was guilty, what proof would you accept?
    When Dump supports spout that shit about "So now everyone is guilty until proven innocent" - ask them politely if they ever chanted/agreed with "Lock Her Up!" in regards to Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    But that article won't do it. It would have to be a major thought shift about what Trump represents. And with everything we know he's done, adultery, prostitution, and theft, the evangelicals still blindly follow him.

The Impeachment has proven that - not a single GOP voted for impeachment. And just as a friendly reminder for those reading this that might need it, impeachment isn't removal, it's merely an indictment.
    And that's the critical point; it wasn't a vote to convict. They voted against the possibility of Trump facing a trial in the Senate.

Which means either they know he's guilty, and don't want him to face a trial. Or they are posturing for the sake of it. Neither of those is a good look.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Interesting. That's the only way I see a mass exodus from the Trump cult. Some *reason* that is now "too much" to put up with, and then a casual flick of the past wherein the rest of us pretend they weren't insane for backing him in the first place.

Really, at this point, anything to get him out office. He is literally the worst person to sit in that office in the history of the United States. The Impeachment is just bringing this all to the forefront. Pelosi truly is a Grand Master.
    Pathetic it will be when they finally say it's been too much then pounce on the next Democrat that buttons his suit wrong accidentally. They are spineless and have zero credibility at this point. Even Bitch McTurtle crying about precedent at the same time bragging about breaking with it over Obama's SCOTUS nomination.

- - - Updated - - -

Much like everyone in the GOP and those that support this trumpeter fire, evangelicals have no credibility.

Indeed. The Trumphadis are already going after the publication.

It's the same pattern. It's a Cold War-era Eastern European-style Cult of Personality brought to America.

10+ Year Old Account
    The rabid and relatively insane fanbase that blindly follows him knows almost no bounds in abandoning decency. Trump told a sitting member of the U.S. House of Representatives that her husband was in hell, just last night, as he was being impeached.

Hillary certainly had her faults, but calling Drumpf and his fan base a basket of deplorables was spot on.
    "cAlLiNg Us DePlOrAbLe Is WhY wE vOtEd fOr TrUmP!" Their fee fees were hurt so they voted for the biggest bully they saw.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    "cAlLiNg Us DePlOrAbLe Is WhY wE vOtEd fOr TrUmP!" Their fee fees were hurt so they voted for the biggest bully they saw.
    Which is funny because she never called them all deplorable. She said there were 2 baskets, the deplorable basket was referring to the sexists/racists/etc. and the other basket she called friends who the government had let down and were desperate for change.

But it's really telling which of the 2 "baskets" that Trump supporters identified with.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Honestly in a way yea sort of. I voted for him and support him for 2 main reasons. My moral compass points more towards the less political correctness side. I was happy to see someone so willing to speak their mind vs the say the political correct thing. Im tired of everyone complaining their feelings are hurt over everything. The other reason is well how can i word this, oh yea fuck the poor who contribute minimal to society yet take all they can.

Also honestly being a evangelical the reason they are pushing this is because they want Pence as soon as possible. No other reason to be honest.