Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Time to end complete cancer M+ weeks?

As the title suggests. There is nothing fun about the combination of this weeks' affixes. It isn't fun, it's just painful and annoying. Unless you have a solid team (and even then a lot of groups don't bother on weeks like this), you just don't bother past a 21 generally. The week is technically null and void, there might as well be a big banner that just says "lolz, come back next week."

The difficulty should come primarily from the level of the dungon as well as the seasonal affix, with the main weekly modifer of tyrannical or fortifying being the main things. Most of the affixes are "okay", but please. Take Bolstering and shove it in the trash. Take that trash bag, and throw it into a hole that has been bored down to the Earth's core, then send a few nuclear missiles down just to make sure the affix stays dead.

Ok?

Good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    As the title suggests. There is nothing fun about the combination of this weeks' affixes. It isn't fun, it's just painful and annoying. Unless you have a solid team (and even then a lot of groups don't bother on weeks like this), you just don't bother past a 21 generally. The week is technically null and void, there might as well be a big banner that just says "lolz, come back next week."

The difficulty should come primarily from the level of the dungon as well as the seasonal affix, with the main weekly modifer of tyrannical or fortifying being the main things. Most of the affixes are "okay", but please. Take Bolstering and shove it in the trash. Take that trash bag, and throw it into a hole that has been bored down to the Earth's core, then send a few nuclear missiles down just to make sure the affix stays dead.

Ok?

Good.
    Or, instead of having a meltdown, you could just skip this week and take a break.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Just checked the affixes - there is nothing bad about this combination, there are at least 3 other ones far worse.

No explosive, no volcanic ... no teaming.

This week is fine OP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Or, instead of having a meltdown, you could just skip this week and take a break.
    That's what I do when teaming/explosive comes up

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

Smart call.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I'm betting 10 gold OP is a DPS

One that has an emotional meltdown everytime he's asked to do something other than smashing his head against his AOE button

7+ Year Old Account
    LOL it is most definitely a pretty rough week. I think the raider.io weekly walk through starts off by saying something along the lines of "most people will do one +10(or higher) run this week".

- casual resto druid

./r woosh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Just checked the affixes - there is nothing bad about this combination, there are at least 3 other ones far worse.

No explosive, no volcanic ... no teaming.

This week is fine OP.

- - - Updated - - -

Calls this week fine.

Compains about Volc and Explosive

Calls this week fine.
    Compains about Volc and Explosive
    Yep - different people, classes, specs have different difficulties.

Explosive is by far the worst for me ...

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Definitely a terrible set of affixes. Blizzard really need to balance affixes better. Some weeks are complete gimmes, usually volcanic/explosive weeks, especially when compared to weeks with grievous and bolstering.

Oh and Blizz need to just delete Tol Dagor. There's no joy in pulling completely unplanned mobs through walls and floors

I fully agree with your point. Bfa has too many combinations, that make playing mythic+ feel like drinking poison. It just isn't fun most of the time. In Legion it was mostly good weeks and a couple of bad ones. Hell, we've even gone so far, that there is only 1 or 2 weeks in the entire season when you are able to do top rank clears. Then it becomes impossible again. This seasons trashy seasonal affix is one part of it, because every 3rd week is a freaking void week. But anyway I personally hope they'll bring the fun back someday.

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryIndex View Post
    Definitely a terrible set of affixes. Blizzard really need to balance affixes better. Some weeks are complete gimmes, usually volcanic/explosive weeks, especially when compared to weeks with grievous and bolstering.

Oh and Blizz need to just delete Tol Dagor. There's no joy in pulling completely unplanned mobs through walls and floors
    My point exactly. Hardly anyone wants to play this week. None of my regular team mates want too. So we do low level alt stuff, which is fine. But the fact that this week is a complete "no no", just shows horrible design. Next week for example is fine, Raging isn't a huge deal and Explosives is a free affix.

Quote Originally Posted by CcB View Post
    I don't think M+ can receive a cancer diagnosis. That wording seems a bit of a stretch, don't you think? Would 'terrible' instead of 'cancer' not suffice?
    I'll use "cancer" as a descriptive if I want. Be gone left-wing language controller.

Quote Originally Posted by CcB View Post
    You would get more serious responses if you used non-edgy descriptors.
    Couldn't give a damn if the responses were serious or not.

Run along boomer.

Run along boomer.
    Blizzard wants you to stay subbed until a good week. Can't have you setting personal records too fast.

10+ Year Old Account

Run along boomer.
    How old are you?

Serious question. Reflect upon what you write and how you present yourself.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account

Run along boomer.
    If you had wanted an echo chamber you probably should have told us that in your OP, then folks would have known better than to bother responding to you in a reasonable and civilized manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    How old are you?

Serious question. Reflect upon what you write and how you present yourself.
    Older than you if you think that being edgy on the internet is a big deal

Run along boomer.
    Aren’t “lefty” and “boomer” kind of contradictory terms, at least in the common “I want to insult someone but can’t think of anything original” usages?
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    This is the dumbest thread today, no potential for discussion no depth just "REE Im 12 years old and I am angry and I want to rant".

Grow up kiddo!
    Okay boomer
    Infracted;
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2019-12-29 at 01:17 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Ok?

Good.
    you're mad at Bolstering? really? if your dps are efficient you can aoe shit down so that even if stuff does get bolstered it is when they are at sub 5% and it won't matter. if you have a decent tank who can move stuff away from any cc'd trash so that it doesn't get bolstered when the main pack dies then bolstering is easy as fuck.