Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not sure why anyone has an issue with long term customer commitments resulting in perks. Blizzard should be doing things like this as standard.

6 month sub - free race change
    12 month persistent sub - above + free boost or server change

etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It's their choice, but that doesn't mean when you look at the greater spectrum, you really get something for your money.
    I'm always going to advocate that people think for themselves and make their own decisions rather than listen to anyone here, on any other forum, or on Youtube about how to spend their money.

What you get is what I think is a lackluster mount--others may think it's the greatest mount ever--but the price for subscribing for six months is less than month-to-month so if someone is planning on staying anyway, they might want to think about it since it saves some money.

Some people want to try and make the rather dumb case that Blizzard is doing something sketchy by providing incentives to subscribe long-term. They can and should. It's a standard thing to do everywhere else. Only Blizzard is somehow evil by doing this. I mean if you really hate Blizzard and imagine they're only out to cheat people then by all means, delete the games, forget they and this place exist and stop thinking about them. Or start bothering that other game that charges a subscription (there is one) and has a MUCH larger cash shop.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2020-01-20 at 10:15 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post

YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.
    I was going to say "Hey, all I do is post stop motion animation on there" but then i realized what you meant by 'youtuber'.
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Looks like Az' ad revenue dropped.
    That means that even if there was no mount,he was going to find something to screech at so that he could make a new clickbait video to make some more cash

15+ Year Old Account
    Lately when I see an Az video in my feed, I just go, "man, he's still talking about this garbage?" He has an incentive to rant about this crap, for money or whatever it is. At some point his videos transitioned from like humor MMO/RPG playthrough type stuff (shortly after BFA came out, before Fallout 76) to I'm an entertainment and media and SJW critic now.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But why though? Simply saying it is bad is not a good enough answer. There is nothing wrong with options as long as those options remain optional.
    Considering said content could also go into the game without the additional price tag, that makes a difference.

I'm always going to advocate that people think for themselves and make their own decisions rather than listen to anyone here, on any other forum, or on Youtube about how to spend their money.
    Yeah, but a certain point i draw a line.
    Stuff simply shouldn't overpriced "because it sells", no one expects a business a non profit organization, but the price needs to be justified at some end.

Some people want to try and make the rather dumb case that Blizzard is doing something sketchy by providing incentives to subscribe long-term.
    Releasing it right before a content drought is most certainly sketchy.

I mean if you really hate Blizzard and imagine they're only out to cheat people then by all means, delete the games, forget they and this place exist and stop thinking about them.
    In other words, if you criticize Blizzard, you should fuck off.
    The point isn't that Blizzard is evil, but that people should look that they get the most out of their money rather than simply nod and accept that they need to pay for additional stuff.
    This is after all a business relationship, so it's only natural wanting to get the most out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but a certain point i draw a line.
    You're free to draw that line wherever you like. So is everyone else and you should have no expectation that your line will be in the same place as everyone else's line.

In other words, if you criticize Blizzard, you should fuck off.
    No, that's not what I said at all. What I said was if you truly think that Blizzard is only trying to rip you off and you hate/despise Blizzard for that you should push that right out of your life. If you think that means "in other words" that this is the same as any kind of criticism we really have nothing to discuss.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

There's plenty of good youtubers who make good content, it's incredibly unfair to label them all as bad due to bad actors. There's plenty of wow youtubers who actually make content, even though they may have something critical to say about the game from time to time. This guy on the other hand never creates any content, he just makes videos whining about wow and sometimes other stuff. I think the only thing close to original content he created was teaching his mom to play a gnome. Nothing epic about it, it's just toxic negativity. I don't think he's even too popular, it's bait threads like these that fuel that popularity more than anything else.

There's a lot of good stuff on youtube, let's not waste time on toxic trash

PS. Oh and the 6 month subscribtion bonus is perfectly fine. It's also great you can actually buy it separately if you don't want to commit to 6 month of sub. No problem there.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-01-20 at 11:30 PM.

kralljin, bless your measured patience attempting to reason with these.. people.. but your effort is being wasted.

you're not arguing against "people who love blizzard or WoW" - you're arguing against the modern casual gamer. this isn't a WoW problem you're broaching, it's a video game industry problem. games are not made for people who want quality or reciprocal value anymore - you'd be willfully ignoring the explosion of MTX and mobile games over the last 20 years if you denied that. they're made for these casual tools who will buy whatever, whenever, at whatever price point the publisher needs to make investors happy.

these mounts and every variation of garbage loot box in every game are a permanent fixture of video gaming today. blizzard wont change course on this because it's profitable as shit and personality types that wouldn't touch games 30 years ago have gotten social consent to play them without shame. there's a market for people who breathe through their noses and ALSO enjoy playing games but it's niche and small and that's where your energy should be pointed - not here.

Az did for WoW more than anyone bitching here, it used to be a guide channel with hundreds of pure entertainment videos. Criticizing the current WoW/Blizzard is actually passion, sucking Blizzard dick is just sucking Blizzard dick. Even Bellular, who used to suck Blizzard dick like a champ has completely turned against the soulless money machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Az did for WoW more than anyone bitching here, it used to be a guide channel with hundreds of pure entertainment videos. Criticizing the current WoW/Blizzard is actually passion, sucking Blizzard dick is just sucking Blizzard dick. Even Bellular, who used to suck Blizzard dick like a champ has completely turned against the soulless money machine.
    see my above comment. average joe on this forum is basically "from my point of view the Jedi are evil!!" levels of just fucking lost.

Quote Originally Posted by getrealplease View Post
    kralljin, bless your measured patience attempting to reason with these.. people.. but your effort is being wasted.

you're not arguing against "people who love blizzard or WoW" - you're arguing against the modern casual gamer. this isn't a WoW problem you're broaching, it's a video game industry problem. games are not made for people who want quality or reciprocal value anymore - you'd be willfully ignoring the explosion of MTX and mobile games over the last 20 years if you denied that. they're made for these casual tools who will buy whatever, whenever, at whatever price point the publisher needs to make investors happy.

these mounts and every variation of garbage loot box in every game are a permanent fixture of video gaming today. blizzard wont change course on this because it's profitable as shit and personality types that wouldn't touch games 30 years ago have gotten social consent to play them without shame. there's a market for people who breathe through their noses and ALSO enjoy playing games but it's niche and small and that's where your energy should be pointed - not here.
    Oh shit, we have a hardcore gamer here with us. Thanks for gracing this forum with your presence.

In all seriousness though, I had probably been playing games before you were even born, and I still see no issue with a couple of completely harmless optional cosmetics for additional cash in the game. You' re blabbering about mtx in mobile games, but it doesn't seem you have ever seen a mobile game with your eyes, because if you did you would never have made a comparison of those mtx fests to a game like wow, which has like 10 items you can buy that are purely visual/cosmetic, and otherwise has like 5000 hours of gameplay.

Keep racing with your mates who hates mtx more and who is a more elite gamer though, good luck

Az did for WoW more than anyone bitching here, it used to be a guide channel with hundreds of pure entertainment videos.
    Keyword: used to.

I followed his channel for like 3 months last year, and ever since then all he ever uploaded were whining/outrage videos. Never seen any constructive content from him ever. If that ever happened, it was probably years back.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-01-20 at 11:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Considering said content could also go into the game without the additional price tag, that makes a difference.
    So the only reason why it is bad to offer optional content is because it might have gone into the game for no additional charge? That isn't a good enough reason. There is no indication that the stuff added to the game for base cost are suffering in quality because of the store. This is also no indication that the store stuff would be in the game if the store did not exist.

What ifs are not a good reason to deny something.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Doesn't anyone find it suspicious that he quit during Legion, but during BfA he started making WoW videos again?

You're free to draw that line wherever you like. So is everyone else and you should have no expectation that your line will be in the same place as everyone else's line.
    Yeah and in a few years we'll be discussing whether lootboxes are okay.
    Because that's where the road is going unless people make it clear that they don't want more MTX in their game.

No, that's not what I said at all.
    And i didn't say that i hate Blizzard, yet you suggest to me that i should delete anything related to Blizzard from my pc "if i hate them so much".
    Like, don't complain that i put words in your mouth if you do the same.

i disapprove of these business practices, but that doesn't mean i must relinquish anything related to Blizzard from me.

There is no indication that the stuff added to the game for base cost are suffering in quality because of the store.
    Unless they specifically hired people to create these mounts, they used existing resources that previously went into the base game.
    And considering Blizzard belongs to a public traded company, they most likely chose the avenue that benefits their bottomline the most.

So the only reason why it is bad to offer optional content is because it might have gone into the game for no additional charge? That isn't a good enough reason. There is no indication that the stuff added to the game for base cost are suffering in quality because of the store. This is also no indication that the store stuff would be in the game if the store did not exist.

What ifs are not a good reason to deny something.
    okay, enjoy your lack of individual class sets, and evil reskins of stormwind and orgrimmar(again) because the art team's mid-expansion development pipeline basically consists of pumping out store mounts and allied races that totally don't exist so that people will level boost and race change to them. muuuuuch better than, i don't know, trying to produce a quality product.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Why do people even keep watching this pathetic manchild.. honestly I really don't get it...
    He's entertaining

You should watch his videos where he's ranting about batwoman or the Crisis on infinite earths cross over

Criticizing the current WoW/Blizzard is actually passion
    You're deluding yourself if you think it's anything more than cynical clickbait.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    I don't understand why people act so mad and surprised about that mount. Blizzard already put out 2 mounts for chinese new year establishing a pattern. It was very obvious that we will get another mount like that.
    They are doing the entire zodiac

15+ Year Old Account
    Unless they specifically hired people to create these mounts, they used existing resources that previously went into the base game.
    And considering Blizzard belongs to a public traded company, they most likely chose the avenue that benefits their bottomline the most.
    But how do you know that those same artists would have created a mount to add to the game versus doing nothing? What if they create things in their down time between projects? You still can't say that anything was taken away from the game. You are basing everything on "What if".

Blizzard belonging to a publicly traded company has no bearing on doing things that benefit their bottom line. They have always been in the business of making money and their parent companies have been in the business of making money.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."