View Poll Results: What's your opinion on Blizzard inflating queues artificially?

Voters
33. This poll is closed
  • Great development, few minutes here and there

14 42.42%
  • It's good to get rid of premades but this isn't the way

2 6.06%
  • Mixed feelings about selectively changing content that was supposed to be left untouched

4 12.12%
  • Game development should never go like this, only making things function worse

11 33.33%
  • I've never cared to play in BGs so my opinion doesn't count

2 6.06%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Exclamation Artificial Queue for Alliance BGs is Active

This has been proven to be effective on US servers now and on EU tomorrow. Blizzard have added an artificial queue for Battlegrounds on Alliance side, meaning multiple guilds / premade-pools queuing simultaneously still had to wait for several minutes to find their first BG. The algorithm also seems to not put players chronologically into games but instead randomizes the order after queuing.

What do you personally think about game development of this sort? They're intentionally disrupting and handicapping players trying to work as a community and punishing Alliance even more by inflating queues artificially.

a sleazeball slippery slope like when people were saying Hearthstone algorithms were fucking up the match-making race decks
    even Athene brought this up once
    An Karanir Thanagor,
    Mor Ok Angalor..

Quote Originally Posted by Gouca View Post
    They're intentionally disrupting and handicapping players trying to work as a community and punishing Alliance even more by inflating queues artificially.
    You mean like, Blizzard is preventing some players from exploiting the queues?

Otherwise this just sounds like a mimimi thread tbh. I mean sure you could make an argument about how it would be better if we could fully premade AV, but then Blizzard should change the queues to support that officially and not just keep an exploit, unless all you care about is Alliance having easier games vs Horde (which tbh this thread and similar ones sound like that's what they're all about).

More changes. Blizzard lies again
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Blizzard should change the queues to support that officially and not just keep an exploit
    How exactly is it exploiting to communicate in a pool and choose a BG to enter together? That's precisely clever use of mechanics to increase efficiency. Do you ever listen to yourself and the amount of crap you're spewing without thinking further?

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    More changes. Blizzard lies again
    I think this is why the #NoChanges 'movement' was such a laughing stock to begin with - change was inevitable. Well, that and constantly attacking each other over what #NoChanges actually means.

A strange community that takes positives like a strong 200k playerbase and turns it into a negative, and takes obvious changes and re-brands them as "fixed" to ensure their personal narrative of #NoChanges remains intact.

Blizzard removes the ability to queue as a raid for AV, almost 15 years ago, community finds ways to bypass this and do it anyways, Blizzard implements new systems to keep players from circumventing intended original vanilla design.
    What are we supposed to be upset about here again? Blizz actually doing something about a system that's being exploited?

How about the fact that with this change, random alliance players wont get AVs with 15-20 people in them anymore, because premades are no longer creating swarms of instances that they abandon while trying to get queued into the same BG.
    How about the fact that this will re-distribute the honer farmers among the more casual playerbase again, so that we have equal representation on both sides again.
    Or how about the fact that they are now letting you queue in 5 man groups, so you can actually play with your friends properly again, and not have to spam join/leave the queue over and over until you all get in together.

Really all this does is move the meta back to WSG, where it was in early vanilla and enables friends to play together in the "casual and fun" BG.

#NoChangesExceptTheChangesILike

If they wanted you to queue as a raid don't you think they'd have put that option in?

It's not like you actually lose ground in the pvp rank race as a result since everyone has the same restriction.

How exactly is it exploiting to communicate in a pool and choose a BG to enter together? That's precisely clever use of mechanics to increase efficiency. Do you ever listen to yourself and the amount of crap you're spewing without thinking further?
    So you really just are triggered that you cannot exploit anymore and have easier wins this way against Horde xD

I think this thread is done

This 'clever use of mechanics' is usually the definition of a exploit. It's pretty clear blizzard doesn't want you to join AV as a premade, so each way to guarantee this will be an exploit. With intentionally handicapping you mean creating equal conditions for horde and alliance?

You just sound like a whiney alliance baby. Cmon you had your fun the past 7 weeks with instant queues and 7 min games. Now its time to face the bitter truth what classic honor system really looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Holian View Post
    Blizzard removes the ability to queue as a raid for AV, almost 15 years ago, community finds ways to bypass this and do it anyways, Blizzard implements new systems to keep players from circumventing intended original vanilla design.
    What are we supposed to be upset about here again? Blizz actually doing something about a system that's being exploited?

How about the fact that with this change, random alliance players wont get AVs with 15-20 people in them anymore, because premades are no longer creating swarms of instances that they abandon while trying to get queued into the same BG.
    How about the fact that this will re-distribute the honer farmers among the more casual playerbase again, so that we have equal representation on both sides again.
    Or how about the fact that they are now letting you queue in 5 man groups, so you can actually play with your friends properly again, and not have to spam join/leave the queue over and over until you all get in together.

Really all this does is move the meta back to WSG, where it was in early vanilla and enables friends to play together in the "casual and fun" BG.
    It doesnt redistribute the honor farmers among the casuals tho. The honor farmers are moving to WSG for the ally, while the horde honor farmers are staying in AV. Ally AV will be a loss almost every time.

You think you wanted vanilla but it shows day by day no you didn’t. It’s so laughable to think anyone thought you’d get the vanilla experience now a days..

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    You think you wanted vanilla but it shows day by day no you didn’t. It’s so laughable to think anyone thought you’d get the vanilla experience now a days..
    Actually i never had more "vanilla experience" ever since launch of BC . And you know what? - I fully enjoy it!

Back to topic:
    Whatever, i don't see any problem. It was not indended to do premade AV. Blizzard is not changing gameplay, it's just queueing of AV. My "vanilla experience" wont be different due to this change.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been proven to be effective on US servers now and on EU tomorrow. Blizzard have added an artificial queue for Battlegrounds on Alliance side, meaning multiple guilds / premade-pools queuing simultaneously still had to wait for several minutes to find their first BG. The algorithm also seems to not put players chronologically into games but instead randomizes the order after queuing.

What do you personally think about game development of this sort? They're intentionally disrupting and handicapping players trying to work as a community and punishing Alliance even more by inflating queues artificially.
    I think it's great idea to kill premades on AV off.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Oh no the AV matchmaking isn't fair lul

GET REKT BUMS RIP UR TIMELINES LOLLLLLL

Quote Originally Posted by Allseye View Post
    Actually i never had more "vanilla experience" ever since launch of BC . And you know what? - I fully enjoy it!

Back to topic:
    Whatever, i don't see any problem. It was not indended to do premade AV. Blizzard is not changing gameplay, it's just queueing of AV. My "vanilla experience" wont be different due to this change.
    That's the whole thing those, it isn't a vanilla experience now. It's some almost there but changed cause it's 2020 and people cried.

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    #TooDumbToRealizeFixesArentChanges
    corrected your spelling errors

- - - Updated - - -

punishing Alliance.
    The only people punishing Alliance are the other gutless cowards on your faction.

The factions are even across the service (actually sources give Alliance a slight edge but given the chances for errors to creep in, i'd call a 2.5% differential margin-of-error, or close enough to just call it even), and all servers share the same "Battlegroup".

Therefore, the pool of potential players on each faction is identical.

It is NOT the Horde players' fault that a ton of allies dont want to queue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't you just link a discord in the AV chat and everyone join. Even if only 10 people join, that is an advantage.

Oh they did this? Then maybe I can finally try a proper BG. Dropped BGs after exclusively getting paired against premades with 4 mages just synchronizing their shit with 3 healers.....