10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Wouldn't that be like a 5-7 phase boss though? You'd do the carapace and then enter N'Zoth and do all of that and so on. I feel like if you scrapped any of the phases it'd just be similarly boring.
    My thought would be last phase of Carapace is completely replaced by N'zoth, and N'zoth would only have one upstairs/downstairs cycle, then it goes right to the end. So it would go Carapace P1 -> Carapace P2 - > N'zoth P1 (upstairs/downstairs) -> N'zoth last phase. Mythic only stuff would add at least one more phase I guess. I mean, a lot of mechanics would need a re-work but I think it could work on paper and last bosses should feel more 'epic' in scope and take longer.

Oooor there may be a reason I'm not a game designer.

25.5 seems to be push to final phase Limit just stopped at 25.5 and rp started. Likely have to go back through the gate.

Limit another 25.5% pull, but then boss went immune to all damages

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    My thought would be last phase of Carapace is completely replaced by N'zoth, and N'zoth would only have one upstairs/downstairs cycle, then it goes right to the end. So it would go Carapace P1 -> Carapace P2 - > N'zoth P1 (upstairs/downstairs) -> N'zoth last phase. Mythic only stuff would add at least one more phase I guess. I mean, a lot of mechanics would need a re-work but I think it could work on paper and last bosses should feel more 'epic' in scope and take longer.

Oooor there may be a reason I'm not a game designer.
    Honestly the two fights feel like halves of a whole but that would be a 20 minute fight which is insane.

Yeah the boss goes immune at 25% and then you have to re-enter the chamber, after which Magni probably clears out the platform and you enter the last phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Honestly the two fights feel like halves of a whole but that would be a 20 minute fight which is insane.
    I mean, Sha of Fear was like 22 minutes or so, so wouldn't have been the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by zyZ View Post
    hard to watch the method main stream this tier, all the casters do is talk about themselves
    I just mute the sound and surf elsewhere if they put the casters on the main screen..

Quote Originally Posted by Jin84 View Post
    I just mute the sound and surf elsewhere if they put the casters on the main screen..
    Rich makes me want to puncture my eardrums

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair on the casters, it must be hard to keep things entertaining literally all day when nothing exciting is going on. I know that there is a method to Method's madness, but it's boring when there are no comms and large breaks between pulls.

To be fair on the casters, it must be hard to keep things entertaining literally all day when nothing exciting is going on. I know that there is a method to Method's madness, but it's boring when there are no comms and large breaks between pulls.
    It's hard to make WoW streaming entertaining period. That's why Methods streams are largely boring because it's just music and no comms. There needs to be changes to the commentary from all sides. The most interesting thing would be more interviews and insight from actual raiders fans their perspectives of fights rather than casters.

Was kinda hoping the last phase was N'Zoth trying to corrupt a Baby Azeroth, and the last phase was us purifying her VIA beating her down a bit and then kamehameha'ing N'Zoth as a full counter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharena View Post
    I mean, Sha of Fear was like 22 minutes or so, so wouldn't have been the first time.
    Well they did pinky swear a fight that long would never happen again.

And then they did Mar'gok who was what... 15 minutes?

Watching Limit's stream, it looks like at 25% the boss becomes immune and they need to go back to the chamber ?

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    It's hard to make WoW streaming entertaining period. That's why Methods streams are largely boring because it's just music and no comms. There needs to be changes to the commentary from all sides. The most interesting thing would be more interviews and insight from actual raiders fans their perspectives of fights rather than casters.
    That's like interviewing football players.
    I mean, what can they tell you? "Yeah, we tried the boss 100 times today and got 5% further. So we are making progress..." They won't explain interna that would compromise the race and it's unnecessary that they explain the bossfight as everyone has seen that already. And for their perspective you can watch their respective streams. Most of them just follow orders and do their best to fulfill their role.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunyuns View Post
    Watching Limit's stream, it looks like at 25% the boss becomes immune and they need to go back to the chamber ?
    yes, looks that way. No idea what is inside the heart chamber the 2nd time tho. They havent managed to get inside yet.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Something happens at 25%. Limit just reached it, and the portal to the Heart was there, but they died on the way to it.

Something happens at 25%. Limit just reached it, and the portal to the Heart was there, but they died on the way to it.
    Wouldn't it be great if one player got to it, clicked, watched some RP then defeated the encounter? Topkek.

Well Limit does look quite better and listening to their comms is also very interesting, they seem confident.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    The most interesting thing would be more interviews and insight from actual raiders fans their perspectives of fights rather than casters.
    The "raiders fans" perspectives would be "have you tried bringing the bosses hp to zero". The problem right now is the fact when it comes to the end boss it's 4-5 days of the same thing repeated for 16 hours a day.

The first few days of RTWF were good because bosses died within hours from multiple guilds and the streams at least from Method switching between guilds on different bosses.

This is where the race becomes stale now we have ~7-8 top guilds on the final one.

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if one player got to it, clicked, watched some RP then defeated the encounter? Topkek.
    Would honestly be better than having to kill another thing in there while using necks to diffuse bombs, then coming out to repeat the same crap for another 25%
    Last edited by swisscheese; 2020-02-05 at 07:06 PM.