Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Any democrat who won’t turn out in the fall To vote against trump isn’t a democrat at all. This is a remarkably simple election.

It’s a referendum on Trump, not a policy election. Anyone affected by some fucking narrative just isn’t sharing the same priorities.

The 2018 election is a promising bellwether for Democrats in this regard. Negative Partisanship rules the day. Democrats must make voting against trump and not necessarily for policies an absolute imperative.

This is why Sanders is the worst choice for a nominee. He makes this a choice election for polices. That’s a fatal error this time around.
    Everything is black and white for you, you are dealing with absolutes, that's a weird way to view life. Just because others don't think in the same way you do or believe the same way you do does not make them bad evil or non democrats. If anyone agrees with their party 100% of the time I would view them as sheeple

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Not to mention the whole "Ted Kaczynski, domestic terrorist and violent murderer of innocents, had the right idea" bit.
    there are a lot of academics that say that, while his actions weren't great, his ideas have a lot of merits. one said that there's 0 indication in any of his writings that he's insane.

go read about the situation, it's rather interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    That and the "fuck the economy as long as I can say what I want and have my boomsticks" certainly make for.... interesting reading.
    what good is a good economy if you can't enjoy yourself in it?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    if i'd been born into one of those regions, i'd probably be happier than i currently am
    I, for one, long to live in a remote Pakistani tribal village where women have the freedom to be gang raped and then burned to death for it.

everything is relative. those people in the tribes throughout the world seem savage to us, but they're happy with their existence. we have the enlightenment to know that our way of life is, objectively, safer and better.

but to them? they're happy, they feel fulfilled with their roles in their society. they don't experience the rampant scourge of depression that we do here, because they live full lives at their level of society. they have enough struggle to feel happy for dull days.

had greater, stable civilization never formed, we'd all feel better than we do currently. the human mind is meant to live in the struggle of the hunter-gatherer tribe.
    There is a phrase for what you’re describing... it’s name escapes me for a moment. But thinking that less developed societies are better off is some extraordinarily uninformed and racist shit.

Case in point What’s the child mortality rate in the Pakistan tribal regions? Can they care for newborns with special needs?

Monstrous.

- - - Updated - - -

there are a lot of academics that say that, while his actions weren't great, his ideas have a lot of merits. one said that there's 0 indication in any of his writings that he's insane.

go read about the situation, it's rather interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

what good is a good economy if you can't enjoy yourself in it?
    There are no academics that say that. The things you’re saying are crazy.

Seriously stick to gaming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    I, for one, long to live in a remote Pakistani tribal village where women have the freedom to be gang raped and then burned to death for it.
    But hey my guns and freedom.

Yeah, I bet the millions of people dying from dysentery, malaria and respiratory infections in Africa are really happy about not having to deal with modern society induced depression.

If the only way you can enjoy yourself in the world is to be able to shoot things, you've got bigger issues, imo.
    you're not american(at least, i don't think you are. you're one of the finnish people here, right?), so you likely don't know what it's like to shoot targets just for the hell of it. it's pretty fun. i don't hunt, because i don't like killing things(i've told this before, but my neighbor's pitbull tried to attack our old chihuahua once, and in the moment i had the gun aimed, but couldn't pull the trigger, even though my pet's life was in danger), i feel pretty bad just from killing spiders. but it's fun to shoot at old computer parts we don't need anymore.

i also know the peace of mind that should i want to say something like "trump/schumer/whoever is an idiot", i can do that without getting arrested. i can do that without getting arrested because of the fact that dumbasses can say racist shit, because that hasn't been banned and snowballed into other tighter controls on freedom of speech. just look at germany's speech laws right now, it's turning nightmarish.

- - - Updated - - -

There are no academics that say that. The things you’re saying are crazy.

Seriously stick to gaming.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kaczynski

you can read it right here.

as for the other part of the post, things like child mortality were sad, but it was just a part of life. you moved on, you had other kids. this was the way of the world, and everyone knew their place and their roles. everyone died having lived life doing what humans were supposed to do.

you're not american(at least, i don't think you are. you're one of the finnish people here, right?), so you likely don't know what it's like to shoot targets just for the hell of it. it's pretty fun. i don't hunt, because i don't like killing things(i've told this before, but my neighbor's pitbull tried to attack our old chihuahua once, and in the moment i had the gun aimed, but couldn't pull the trigger, even though my pet's life was in danger), i feel pretty bad just from killing spiders. but it's fun to shoot at old computer parts we don't need anymore.

i also know the peace of mind that should i want to say something like "trump/schumer/whoever is an idiot", i can do that without getting arrested. i can do that without getting arrested because of the fact that dumbasses can say racist shit, because that hasn't been banned and snowballed into other tighter controls on freedom of speech. just look at germany's speech laws right now, it's turning nightmarish.

- - - Updated - - -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kaczynski

you can read it right here.

as for the other part of the post, things like child mortality were sad, but it was just a part of life. you moved on, you had other kids. this was the way of the world, and everyone knew their place and their roles. everyone died having lived life doing what humans were supposed to do.
    “Just move on” from a child’s death......

I hope to god your life is burned to the fucking ground and you lose everything important to you for such a callous, comment, you manic depressive bottom feeding parasite.

I’m writing right now, trying to take my mind off matters, in the Neonetal ICU where my premie nephew is. I’ve been posting from here since Friday.

I dare you to say something so foul surrounded by suffering babies and seeing mothers you motherfucking goul.

I’ll take my 5 pointer now.

Serious derpkitteh. Fuck you and that rotten fruit in your goddamn head.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2020-02-10 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Flaming

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone thinking they'd be better off in tribal Pakistan, as opposed to a well developed first world country, is a good example of why the opinions of NEETs suffering from depression shouldn't be taken seriously in politics.

“Just move on” from a child’s death......

I hope to god your life is burned to the fucking ground and you lose everything important to you for such a callous, comment, you manic depressive bottom feeding parasite.

I’m writing right now, trying to take my mind off matters, in the Neonetal ICU where my premie nephew is. I’ve been posting from here since Friday.

I dare you to say something so foul surrounded by suffering babies and seeing mothers you motherfucking goul.

I’ll take my 5 pointer now.

Serious derpkitteh. Fuck you and that rotten fruit in your goddamn head.
    you're supposed to ultimately move on though, even today, it's the grieving process. moving on doesn't mean not grieving and not remembering. idk why you pick that specific thing to be angry over, it's part of not grieving yourself literally to death(which people have done).

this wasn't the conversation to write a five-page pouring of the emotional effects of it, we were talking the facts of the times and situations. it's understandable you'd have heavier feelings on it, since you're currently experiencing something awful. but that's not what this conversation was.

you're supposed to ultimately move on though, even today, it's the grieving process. moving on doesn't mean not grieving and not remembering. idk why you pick that specific thing to be angry over, it's part of not grieving yourself literally to death(which people have done).

this wasn't the conversation to write a five-page pouring of the emotional effects of it, we were talking the facts of the times and situations. it's understandable you'd have heavier feelings on it, since you're currently experiencing something awful. but that's not what this conversation was.
    Shut the fuck up and delete your account.

Fucker.

I'm British, so neither.

I've been to gun ranges before, one in Vegas (Battlefield Vegas). Sure, it was fun. As something highly controlled and done in a place specifically set up for it, as a rare treat. Not at all something someone should be doing just for shits and giggles whenever they want, in any circumstance. I have zero interest in owning a gun that would never be used, let alone deciding it'd be fun to shoot up some old PC parts for some odd reason.

The vast majority of people in the US have no need for a gun, and many shouldn't even be near them. Your constitution and some of its amendments are incredibly dated, imo. It could do with an update. Its not like it is some sacred document that has never been changed before. Make/rewrite some shit.
    it is a sacred document, and no part of it should be changed to increase control over people, because tighter government control is dangerous. it always snowballs. slippery slope isn't a fallacy, it always proves to be true.

there should be no greater need for a gun than "i want to have one". because it's ultimately no different than any other dangerous every day item a person can own. a sling shot, a screw driver, metal wire, all of these things can kill someone. yes, you can argue about the effectiveness of those things, but they ultimately can kill. even one life lost is a tragedy, the scale that a gun can achieve doesn't make that much worse just because it's more.

there should be no greater need for a gun than "i want to have one". because it's ultimately no different than any other dangerous every day item a person can own. a sling shot, a screw driver, metal wire, all of these things can kill someone. yes, you can argue about the effectiveness of those things, but they ultimately can kill. even one life lost is a tragedy, the scale that a gun can achieve doesn't make that much worse just because it's more.
    Literally all publicly available data on gun ownership and gun violence disagrees with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    it is a sacred document, and no part of it should be changed to increase control over people, because tighter government control is dangerous. it always snowballs. slippery slope isn't a fallacy, it always proves to be true.

Why can't I own a tank? One with a working turret.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Why can't I own a tank? One with a working turret.
    Or a rocket launcher? Or nukes? I mean, I want to have one and they're apparently no different than a sling shot or a knife, they're just way better at killing more people more quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    And NEETs who rely on the government for all of their needs should really take a long hard think before saying that people should just die if they have to rely on assistance.
    i didn't say that, just that i think it'd be nice if society went backwards a bit, to a more primitive time. our mental health is suffering from modern technology.

but this gun talk and other stuff has gone off topic, i'm sorry. i just get carried away talking.

i didn't say that, just that i think it'd be nice if society went backwards a bit, to a more primitive time. our mental health is suffering from modern technology.
    Certain aspects of it, yes, but that's the way of all technology. It changes society with every new innovation that impacts our daily lives. Why is why "returning to the past" is pointless and accomplishes nothing.

That's the Republican line on the state of things, and it's inherently regressive.

I really think you should stay home Election Day in the fall. I don’t think the Democratic nominee should win with your vote.

If you won’t vote against trump regardless of the nominee, you’re basically not a serious person.
    That's kinda my stance right now. I don't take people who make that claim too seriously anymore. If you haven't learned by now the importance of voting, than you won't learn - or they're just trolling.

Only exception I'll give is towards those who were 14 durring the 2016 election... they just didn't have the experience to understand what the power of voting actually means at that point. To those, I will gladly explain why voting is important... even when it's perceived as the "lesser of 2 evils".

There should be no greater need for a religion, than "I want to have one."

And yet, you want to forcefully extinguish religion.

10+ Year Old Account

The "sacred" part is the most absurd part of this entirely absurd post and the most regressive, my mind boggles at how people think things are perfect because they are old.

The second most absurd part would be your implication that anything that might kill someone once is "ultimately no different" from something that has killed millions.
    /s

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where this poll is coming from (Trump State Media) and what it's saying is all you need to know about who the Trump campaign is fearful of facing.