Thread: Changes again

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Yeah you're gonna tell me you knew about every single groups and what all of them did at any time? And I'm gonna sit here and believe you? That's not how life works, my dude.
    Well, people can glean info through process of inference. I was on an Alliance heavy server. Cross-realm BGs didn't come out yet. There was one Alliance premade that ran 16 hrs/day, and one Horde premade that did the same. These were the r14 groups. Alliance did not have instant queues. Horde, on the other hand, did have instant queues. It's not difficult to put 1+1 together how the BG scene on the server could have been given those facts. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out...

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    Well, people can glean info through process of inference. I was on an Alliance heavy server. Cross-realm BGs didn't come out yet. There was one Alliance premade that ran 16 hrs/day, and one Horde premade that did the same. These were the r14 groups. Alliance did not have instant queues. Horde, on the other hand, did have instant queues. It's not difficult to put 1+1 together how the BG scene on the server could have been given those facts. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out...
    Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that once one side does it the other side learns it and do it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Battleground scoreboards no longer list the enemy team until your entire team has clicked Enter Battleground. The scoreboard remains visible for everyone once the battleground has started.
    what the actual f***? You can even see enemy team in retail and have always seen since day one. I don't even know what to say about these changes that makes Classic WoW too far away from original vanilla anymore.

e: before someone mentions about queue leavers it's spirit of vanilla. Every premade team dodged other premades and developers didn't fix this back in the day so it's spirit of vanilla.
    Complaining about this is absolutely idiotic.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Battleground scoreboards no longer list the enemy team until your entire team has clicked Enter Battleground. The scoreboard remains visible for everyone once the battleground has started.
    what the actual f***? You can even see enemy team in retail and have always seen since day one. I don't even know what to say about these changes that makes Classic WoW too far away from original vanilla anymore.

e: before someone mentions about queue leavers it's spirit of vanilla. Every premade team dodged other premades and developers didn't fix this back in the day so it's spirit of vanilla.
    lol overreacting much? xD
    too far away from original vanilla lmao
    the true spirit of vanilla is the premades dodging queues roooofl made my day

I've played since 2005 (even played a pirated alpha before that), hate retail, only play classic and I don't give a sh*t about this #nochanges lunacy, which reminds me about Scarlet Crusade lol.
    I welcome changes that actually make the game better (and as far from retail as possible plx), not shout "No changes!" like a crazed zealot while having this broken AV games.

Great addition. Anyone who is butthurt is a premade POS

Not sure why premades are suddenly POS', even without queue dodging etc. you can still run into a premade so blame blizzard for not making the system to only match premades vs premades, i.e. RBGs.

Part of the flare of classic was this kind of stuff but stuff comes and goes anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has always facored the horde since alpha we ain ever gonna see no fun for alliance in classic pvp might as well all reroll to horde.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Aha the tears of queue dodgers. Priceless <3

Good change Bli$$.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post

Giving Paladins a taunt changes gameplay, falls under #NoChanges.
    I don't quite understand this, it is arguably a pretty retarded decision not to give a *TANK* spec a taunt.. I can only imagine it was an oversight, as with many other things in vanilla. It doesn't somehow improve on the game, just makes less spec viable. Imagine the outrage though for Blizz adding more usable tanks. Vanilla players are so funny.

@ other post I can't tell if the druid rez thing was serious or sarcastic but at least that makes sense you are sacrificing one strength for another in the form of brez, good rpg design. What does a prot pally bring to the table without a taunt.. unless you wanna stay in dungeons for the rest of your life? And how does ret sucking fat dick in pve make for a good game? I guess, if you don't play pally, then these all seem like amazing ideas to keep in classic. But I played pally and its a big sad being overshadowed every where except holy.

This is why I don't play classic, its an INCOMPLETE game with a ton of stupid arbitrary cockblocks because the devs had certain visions for certain classes or specs and only deemed very few actually worthy of working. Though I admit, with todays knowledge, it literally does not matter what you play because we are min-maxing well above the required limit for content and everything is easily facerolled regardless.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2020-02-12 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    IMO, #NoChanges was on shaky ground the moment it was first mentioned, as the proponents of the # couldnt agree on what it actually meant, and still cant. It was invalidated the moment Blizzard started rolling out numerous changes, and the #NoChanges movement showed its true colours and instead of outrage, Blizzard received support and encouragement for each additional change they made.
    As I remember, half the people use the hashtag prior to release were people who were people bashing the people who were wanting to play classic, but stated never intending to themselves. There were also plenty of people asking for multiple qol changes. The "movement" appears to have been just s vocal minority mixed with people who just wanted an excuse for Classic to "fail".

Blizzard didn't promise no changes, but instead stated wanting to keep the "spirit" of vanilla. That's a loose enough term for them to make any change they want, but other than a few things like server size, they have largely stuck to patching only exploitive behavior. That seems to be a light enough touch that most of those who didn't want changes a reason to keep playing with only some grumbling.

I wonder if we still have some of those original edgelords around who aren't actually playing, but still spouting the hashtag to get their post count and rage count up.

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    Great addition. Anyone who is butthurt is a premade POS
    Nice debating skills "I like this thing and anyone who doesn't like this thing is a bad person". Why are so many classic fans close minded bigots?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Levyan View Post
    As I remember, half the people use the hashtag prior to release were people who were people bashing the people who were wanting to play classic, but stated never intending to themselves. There were also plenty of people asking for multiple qol changes. The "movement" appears to have been just s vocal minority mixed with people who just wanted an excuse for Classic to "fail".

Blizzard didn't promise no changes, but instead stated wanting to keep the "spirit" of vanilla. That's a loose enough term for them to make any change they want, but other than a few things like server size, they have largely stuck to patching only exploitive behavior. That seems to be a light enough touch that most of those who didn't want changes a reason to keep playing with only some grumbling.

I wonder if we still have some of those original edgelords around who aren't actually playing, but still spouting the hashtag to get their post count and rage count up.
    You have a very specific and very convenient recollection of the situation. I remember it being 95% tryhards who were convinced mc would take 3 months to clear, after the three months of leveling, and even then, it would take some special players to down it because the difficulty is so much higher than retail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I don't quite understand this, it is arguably a pretty retarded decision not to give a *TANK* spec a taunt.. I can only imagine it was an oversight, as with many other things in vanilla. It doesn't somehow improve on the game, just makes less spec viable. Imagine the outrage though for Blizz adding more usable tanks. Vanilla players are so funny.

@ other post I can't tell if the druid rez thing was serious or sarcastic but at least that makes sense you are sacrificing one strength for another in the form of brez, good rpg design. What does a prot pally bring to the table without a taunt.. unless you wanna stay in dungeons for the rest of your life? And how does ret sucking fat dick in pve make for a good game? I guess, if you don't play pally, then these all seem like amazing ideas to keep in classic. But I played pally and its a big sad being overshadowed every where except holy.

This is why I don't play classic, its an INCOMPLETE game with a ton of stupid arbitrary cockblocks because the devs had certain visions for certain classes or specs and only deemed very few actually worthy of working. Though I admit, with todays knowledge, it literally does not matter what you play because we are min-maxing well above the required limit for content and everything is easily facerolled regardless.
    This is the #NoChanges movement in a nutshell - There is absolutely no Rhyme or reason to their criteria for what is a change, and what is a "fix" - so far, every change blizzard have made has been labeled a fix. Typically, it is "if blizzard had seen what an issue this was, they DEFF would have made this change themselves during vanilla, therefore its a fix not a change!"

ok, so they "fixed" pallies not having a taunt at their first opportunity and never looked back, so this meets the criteria for a fix, and yet there is outrage when anyone suggests it.

"we know what our players want"

I'm sure the patch file looks something like "WeKnow...Final_Final_v2_Edited_Final_Final

Nice debating skills "I like this thing and anyone who doesn't like this thing is a bad person". Why are so many classic fans close minded bigots?

- - - Updated - - -

You have a very specific and very convenient recollection of the situation. I remember it being 95% tryhards who were convinced mc would take 3 months to clear, after the three months of leveling, and even then, it would take some special players to down it because the difficulty is so much higher than retail.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the #NoChanges movement in a nutshell - There is absolutely no Rhyme or reason to their criteria for what is a change, and what is a "fix" - so far, every change blizzard have made has been labeled a fix. Typically, it is "if blizzard had seen what an issue this was, they DEFF would have made this change themselves during vanilla, therefore its a fix not a change!"

ok, so they "fixed" pallies not having a taunt at their first opportunity and never looked back, so this meets the criteria for a fix, and yet there is outrage when anyone suggests it.
    There is a big difference between a "change", and a "fix". If you can't see that, I don't think we can help you. As a Vanilla player I think the difference is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post
    "we know what our players want"

I'm sure the patch file looks something like "WeKnow...Final_Final_v2_Edited_Final_Final
    This made me smile. I deal with contracts a lot and i have a maze of iterations of contracts.

Final_complete_final_signed_signed2_initialed_resigned_countersigned_initialed_dated_final _final2.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post

Because when making gameplay or functional changes, where's the line? I'd rather just have none, because once it starts, there is no line and it becomes all about personal preference.

Vanilla wasn't created with spec equality in mind, that was never a goal. Every class was meant to be viable, but some specs were intended to be niche. That's not an incomplete game, it's a design choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Blizzard has always facored the horde since alpha ...
    Not at all. Look at Horde zones, towns, and architecture compared to Alliance. It's very obvious they built ALL of the Alliance stuff then sort of just slammed whatever they could for Horde by the deadline. There was huge (perceived, if not real) Alliance favoritism during Vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

[blizzquote]
    No not nearly as many players did this nonsense as in Vanilla. What's happening now is degenerate and makes the game worse, which is why the change happened. Get over yourself for wanting to be a bad player who can't win a game vs another premade and can only stop groups that have zero coordination.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

So you would like to see them make all the changes they "should" have made in vanilla in classic?
    Any thing that prevents people from theory crafting up a new way to Min/max Honor gain is a good change.

Just stop trying to exploit every possible corner for potentional gain and they woulden't need to "Fix" things.

Oh no,you're actually going to have to PvP if you wanna rank,instead of avoiding it at all costs.

What are you going to do now that your complete lack of ability to play the game will prevent you from reaching the top ranks

I will dedicate a sad crying rat to you

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Any thing that prevents people from theory crafting up a new way to Min/max Honor gain is a good change.

Just stop trying to exploit every possible corner for potentional gain and they woulden't need to "Fix" things.
    Hang on, im a bit confused. You want a completely even playing field for everyone?

10+ Year Old Account
    If, to you, #NoChanges includes keeping things that the developers never intended to have in the first place, then you are badly misguided.