amy is flailing,
    pete is lying
    bloomberg is getting his ass reamed
    and warren is lit the fuck up go warren!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Not ignoring that is literally what identity politics is all about.
    Fine. They're pushing too far with identity politics and coming back around to misogyny and homophobia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buttigieg trying to call out Klobuchar for lack of experience is . . . so fucking clueless.

You were a mayor of a small town, fucko. That's it. He may as well be named Ben Wyatt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buttigieg trying to call out Klobuchar for lack of experience is . . . so fucking clueless.

You were a mayor of a small town, fucko. That's it.
    It's like watching a teenager try to lecture his mother on how the Declaration of Independence totally means he should have a car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Truly the only force that can unite the fractured Democratic base is shitting on a stodgy old rich dude. *claps gleefully*
    It's pretty compelling viewing, to be honest.

New reality TV show? "Bash the Bloomberg".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Fine. They're pushing too far with identity politics and coming back around to misogyny and homophobia.
    Then take issue with the misogynists and homophobes. Not the entire concept of identity politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post

New reality TV show?
    I've maintained for quite some time that due to the utter pointlessness and stupidity surrounding the mainstream debates we should just replace it with Japanese game shows.

No, Pete is not allowed to teach himself Japanese before participating. I want to see him and Klobuchar fight it out on Slippery Stairs on equal footing, pun intended:

The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Bloomberg throwing those $350+ million in the dumpster fire, glorious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post

New reality TV show? "Bash the Bloomberg".
    I'm trying to figure out who'll be next, I'm pretty sure it'll be Bloomberg>Klobuchar>Buttgeig

Though it'll be interesting to see if they turn on Biden after Klobuchar.

- - - Updated - - -

I've maintained for quite some time that due to the utter pointlessness and stupidity surrounding the mainstream debates we should just replace it with Japanese game shows.
    I mean, I'd watch it, and probably be a lot more interested than I am right now.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Then take issue with the misogynists and homophobes. Not the entire concept of identity politics.
    Women who speak out are silenced and vilified. How do they take issue with just the misogynists and homophobes when the entire political machine is working against them?

Like I mentioned, a popular lesbian YouTuber was vilified for being a lesbian and then was silenced and uninvited from a Pride event in Australia all under the guise of being accepting and inclusive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Bloomberg throwing those $350+ million in the dumpster fire, glorious.
    Not quite a big a financial hit as Yahoo's Tumblr purchase but I will take it. Another!

10+ Year Old Account
    Women who speak out are silenced and vilified. How do they take issue with just the misogynists and homophobes when the entire political machine is working against them?

Like I mentioned, a popular lesbian YouTuber was vilified for being a lesbian and then was silenced and uninvited from a Pride event in Australia all under the guise of being accepting and inclusive.
    I assume, since you're being a bit cagey, that you're talking about this; https://www.thepostmillennial.com/le...r-transphobia/

In which case, she was not "vilified for being a lesbian". She was called out for being a transphobic bigot. Which she is, given the positions exposed in the article.

She is the one gatekeeping and excluding and restricting, and the Pride community decided not to put up with it.

You're pretty blatantly misrepresenting the facts. Sure, she's contesting the allegations, but the idea that she was excluded from a Pride event for being lesbian is just . . . complete bullshit.
    Last edited by Endus; 2020-02-20 at 03:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nevada triva: How would you make one of the hottest states in the country cooler?

LOLWTF?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume, since you're being a bit cagey, that you're talking about this; https://www.thepostmillennial.com/le...r-transphobia/

In which case, she was not "vilified for being a lesbian". She was called out for being a transphobic bigot. Which she is, given the positions exposed in the article.

She is the one gatekeeping and excluding and restricting, and the Pride community decided not to put up with it.

You're pretty blatantly misrepresenting the facts. Sure, she's contesting the allegations, but the idea that she was excluded from a Pride event for being lesbian is just . . . complete bullshit.
    What are you talking about? Terfs are an oppressed minority, clearly.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you talking about? Terfs are an oppressed minority, clearly.
    If you thought any of that was defending/supporting TERFs, you weren't reading it very carefully.

Biden's answers on Climate Change are...interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you thought any of that was defending/supporting TERFs, you weren't reading it very carefully.
    I was being sarcastic because the person being exiled was a terf, and terfs like to go on about how terf is a slur.

Like I said, she's being vilified and silenced. She's very supportive of transpeople and has had transpeople on her YouTube channel numerous times. She is not transphobic.

What she's being vilified for is only being attracted to biological females AKA being a lesbian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, she's being vilified and silenced. She's very supportive of transpeople and has had transpeople on her YouTube channel numerous times. She is not transphobic.

What she's being vilified for is only being attracted to biological females AKA being a lesbian.
    And opposing transgendered people's right to self-identify as their gender of choice. She's against that, she's against them using the bathroom appropriate for their chosen gender, and so on.

Like I said; you're ignoring the facts to present a misleading framing of the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, she's being vilified and silenced. She's very supportive of transpeople and has had transpeople on her YouTube channel a number of times. She is not transphobic.
    She's had fucking Blaire White on her channel, lol.