Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The limiter is the mementos more so then the gear. Remember they are tuned for pretty low gear because of the end rewards. A full clear gets you 445 item level gear. One objective is 420. 3 gets you 430. So it is tuned a little high for casual players but still easily with in the gear level of world quests and other "casual" sources.

But the corrupted mementos is what is really a limiting factor. There is no real way to farm them other then doing the visions. Those talents really do make a big difference. They likely haven't buffed the drop rate because you also use mementos for sockets. It would have been currency overload but it should have been its own currency or experience for the talents.
    agree so much with this,using one currency for both was just odd,even the mount feels weird,who is actualy getting that mount in this expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's not whatever it's calling out your blatantly false information. Shit ain't tuned anywhere close to raid gear just for getting cloak upgrades. Nor does it require much skill at all. I would wager you never even played the patch and just tried to act like you did, either that or you probably shouldn't play the game anyways if getting the cloak upgrades is posing much of a challenge to you.
    I have three alts near 430 in quest gear. My hunter can probably clear the 2nd orb, but I haven't tried on him. My Ele Shaman has no shot at it, and I struggle with my DH to do get the 2nd orb.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Whatever man. You got that big epeen, so grats. Anyway, players who aren't as awesome as you can't beat the 2nd zone with low 400's gear. And based on the people I randomly party with as I'm world questing, that's most of them.
    It is extremely easy to get 415 gear. The visions dropping 420 gear as a base completion is clear that 415 is a good enough item level to clear it. You are just making excuses that are not based in the facts of the mechanics.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    I actually just sub using gold. I only want to use my barely 120 character to grind for Kul Tiran, and then level one to 120. i have no intention of figuring out all those systems.
    get the cloak atleast,its a big boost and you will like it if you get some rank 3 coruption item and find you cant use it,a friend was so stupidly lucky,he got 3 rank 3's from wworld quests in one day lol,i swear the rates must be higher on low ilvl

I have three alts near 430 in quest gear. My hunter can probably clear the 2nd orb, but I haven't tried on him. My Ele Shaman has no shot at it, and I struggle with my DH to do get the 2nd orb.
    What the hell is "clear the 2nd orb"?

I don't think you know what visions are or how they work. You took someone crying about them serious and copy pasted their opinion I guess?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    agree so much with this,using one currency for both was just odd,even the mount feels weird,who is actualy getting that mount in this expansion?
    A full 5 mask clear gets you around 6,000 or so if the wowhead guide math is right. That is only about 16 clears that ignores sockets that people doing full clears will be interested in. But still you would have enough for the mount before you finish the 25 (+15 intial)weeks to fully upgrade the cloaks corruption resistance (it caps at +125 unless changed since I last saw that info)
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

A full 5 mask clear gets you around 6,000 or so if the wowhead guide math is right. That is only about 16 clears that ignores sockets that people doing full clears will be interested in. But still you would have enough for the mount before you finish the 25 (+15 intial)weeks to fully upgrade the cloaks corruption resistance (it caps at +125 unless changed since I last saw that info)
    no,i mean who will get the mount as long as you need those sockets in every slot?

10+ Year Old Account
    I will not spit on an 50 item level upgrade to get to 470, but the scenarios and quest lines are long. Did it on 3 characters of the 4 I play regularly.

What the hell is "clear the 2nd orb"?

I don't think you know what visions are or how they work. You took someone crying about them serious and copy pasted their opinion I guess?
    I haven't played in a few weeks so I'm forgetting what everything is called. What I'm trying to say is I cleared the first area to get the first few cloak upgrades. Then when I needed to clear an additional zone in addition to the city boss, that's where I started failing. My Ele shaman can't do it currently. I'm sure with more practice it I could build a routine and it would be fairly easy once I get used to it...but the problem is all the questing you have to do to even get a chance to do it, and then you only have one shot at it and if you fail you get nothing, so now it's do all the questing again to practice again, and it just doesn't feel worth it.

Maybe that's not why people aren't getting the cloak, but that's why I stopped playing because it doesn't feel worth it to do all the questing just to fail at the horrific vision at the end of that.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    no,i mean who will get the mount as long as you need those sockets in every slot?
    Yeah that would be 54 runs assuming everything but weapon and neck can have sockets. Lower of course for gear that naturally rolls a socket. Sure some will feel the need to get full sockets but I am going to guess by the time they get close to that point they won't even need that power increase. The bigger question is how will they treat the Visions come Shadowlands. Because if you can still get the rewards it won't really be a big deal to farm it later with the inevitable power increase of gear/talents from 9.0+

I haven't played in a few weeks so I'm forgetting what everything is called. What I'm trying to say is I cleared the first area to get the first few cloak upgrades. Then when I needed to clear an additional zone in addition to the city boss, that's where I started failing. My Ele shaman can't do it currently. I'm sure with more practice it I could build a routine and it would be fairly easy once I get used to it...but the problem is all the questing you have to do to even get a chance to do it, and then you only have one shot at it and if you fail you get nothing, so now it's do all the questing again to practice again, and it just doesn't feel worth it.

Maybe that's not why people aren't getting the cloak, but that's why I stopped playing because it doesn't feel worth it to do all the questing just to fail at the horrific vision at the end of that.
    Literally no upgrade requires city boss and an extra zone clear. First 5 come from just doing final boss. Every other one just comes from completing an objective zone and you don't have to kill Thrall or Alleria at all.

So what exactly can't your ele shaman do? Something you don't even need to do to upgrade it? lol.

Yeah that would be 54 runs assuming everything but weapon and neck can have sockets. Lower of course for gear that naturally rolls a socket. Sure some will feel the need to get full sockets but I am going to guess by the time they get close to that point they won't even need that power increase. The bigger question is how will they treat the Visions come Shadowlands. Because if you can still get the rewards it won't really be a big deal to farm it later with the inevitable power increase of gear/talents from 9.0+
    dont forget the upgrades you get(for future sockts),it just feels like unless you make an effort and sacrifice for the mount,you eint seeing it naturaly anytime soon

Literally no upgrade requires city boss and an extra zone clear. First 5 come from just doing final boss. Every other one just comes from completing an objective zone and you don't have to kill Thrall or Alleria at all.

So what exactly can't your ele shaman do? Something you don't even need to do to upgrade it? lol.
    Probably. I thought I needed to kill the city boss after I did the objective zone.

~ Daryl Davis

Probably. I thought I needed to kill the city boss after I did the objective zone.
    they made it pretty easy to get the cloak upgrades,the only reason to push is the mementos and higher ilvl drops

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    The mass majority of people are going to drop this expansion very quickly after N'zoth comes out on LFR, to the point that even game articles asking "What went wrong?" will start going out. Better to tell casuals how to get their cloak in the meantime.

No point in pretending 8.3 will last till Q4 2020, they know it won't.
    It must be wonderful to believe that articles asking "what went wrong" weren't written on the first day 8.3 went to ptr. There are no journalists working for gaming sites, just click bait engineers.

Tbh, who even cares if the people who don't know how to get a cloak don't get a cloak. If they're that clueless I doubt they know what the LFG system is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    It won't matter to a surprising number of people, especially those who'd rather just try to push mythic keys.

8.3 would have been better served w/ an 8 or 9 boss raid, the rest of the bosses wind up in a new 5-man, and maybe some other element of Nyalotha to WQ in rather than what's been provided.

In its current form, the patch serves as an indicator to skip Shadowlands entirely if this is the direction the game is going to go.
    Yeah no with the insane stat proc on the upgraded cloak there is no chance people pushing mythic keys is choosing not to get the cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    This link was just put up yesterday on the battle.net launcher. I wonder how many people are just blowing off this part of 8.3.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...egendary-cloak
    Or it could be that you can get rank 12, with its powerful proc, and upgraded appearance today. You know, not every decision and action by Blizzard is an "omg the game is dying we need to save it" panic attack, no matter how much you seem to want it to be.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It must be wonderful to believe that articles asking "what went wrong" weren't written on the first day 8.3 went to ptr. There are no journalists working for gaming sites, just click bait engineers.

Tbh, who even cares if the people who don't know how to get a cloak don't get a cloak. If they're that clueless I doubt they know what the LFG system is.
    people often dont fully understand every aspect of some systems,im a 474 mythic raider and i only recently found out you didnt even need to kill thrall/aleria for cloak upgrades past lvl 5 lol,or that you could skip cloak scenario for alt(rly ashamed of this one lol)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Yeah no with the insane stat proc on the upgraded cloak there is no chance people pushing mythic keys is choosing not to get the cloak.
    forget the proc,who is pushing keys with no coruption gear?some classes can do over 50% of their dmg with 2 good ranks 2-3,and its only going to get stronger and stronger down the line

I'm a casual. I didn't do it on a single toon.

I've seen a bunch of people in lfr without cloaks, it's kinda sad, next week is going to be rough