Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    instead we got 'Corruptions', a system funnily enough hailed as 'better' by the pundits,
    Now that is just misinformation, corruption was mostly shit upon since its reveal as a worse titanforging.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Yes? I don't understand how this question comes up every single time a topic like this gets created. Of fucking course i'd rather have nothing to do and quit. I want to be able to ""complete"" the game, at least temporarily, to free up time for other things, other hobbies. No game should keep you on the hook the entire fucking time. Why would you not want that? Do you want to be addicted? To play the same game every single day?
    Play a solo game or a coop one if you prefer to play with ppl.

Because right now gear drops way more than before, it's quite common to see at least 6-7 pieces of gear each boss. They need a way to make people keep playing. If they go back to 'gear just being gear', then they would have to revert the drop rate to 2-3 pieces of gear per boss.

Quote Originally Posted by paragraphgorilla View Post
    Or play a second character.. shocking, I know.
    No thanks replaying same content on different class is just not fun enough compared to proper progression on 1 siungle character.

Yes, the devs are completely out of touch.

They have for a long time now seen the community as the "enemy". Cause they want to make this game they feel like doing to please the higher ups (aka have a milking cow formula they can keep repeating every xpac) but we are inconveniencing them by not liking it. So, they choose to ignore us instead.

So, at this point only one thing will bring the message across. Unsub, don't buy the next xpac, etc. Even then i am not sure it will work. But at the end of the day we are consumers, and if we are not happy with the product we can find better things to do with our time and money. If they refuse to improve the product, then it deserves to die.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-02-29 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Are you completely oblivious to the concept of a "business" and "money"? Did you just move into our capitalist world from an undocumented tribe in the Amazon or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Good for you. Now stop trying to take the possibilty to grind indefinitely from those who prefer it
    So you think that doing mind-numbing, monotonous, repetitive content for infinitesimally small rewards (50 rep for a daily lmao) is game design that should be encouraged? Ok, I guess we deserve the state of MMOs then, if we encourage companies to make such shitty content and then defend them for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Play a solo game or a coop one if you prefer to play with ppl.
    Alternatively, the game could be like it used to be. You know, back when it was actually good, and had 12 million subscribers, despite some of them running out of content to do.

Alternatively, the game could be like it used to be. You know, back when it was actually good, and had 12 million subscribers, despite some of them running out of content to do.
    When was that? Vanilla? Woltk? MMos was at its prime back then. But today, it is no longer the mainstream game genre. Stop pretending, if we go back now to Vanilla or Wotlk, we would have a huge increase of subs. See Classic, huge increase at start, then ghost town.

Yes? I don't understand how this question comes up every single time a topic like this gets created. Of fucking course i'd rather have nothing to do and quit. I want to be able to ""complete"" the game, at least temporarily, to free up time for other things, other hobbies. No game should keep you on the hook the entire fucking time. Why would you not want that? Do you want to be addicted? To play the same game every single day?
    Then at some point where it’s not fun anymore, or at a certain gear level, *quit already!*

What you’re saying is “Take away stuff from other people so i can wrench myself away from WoW”, that’s both selfish and pretty silly, Blizzard aren’t holding a gun to your head, forcing you to play, if you want to play something other than WoW, go do it.

Because it's way more interesting if it's more complicated than "just gear".

"Just gear" also favors the highest difficulty content heavily, because the only thing to go for in such system is going for your BiS item, which most people can't do. This renders all sub-maxilvl gear completely uninteresting pointless trash.

When gear is more interesting you are incentivized to continue doing the content even when you already have the item, on all difficulties.

Then why in the world are you playing an MMORPG? These games are literally designed to never end, that's the entire point, you log in every day and further progress your character in some way.

I think what you're looking for is a single player story game, maybe The Witcher or Persona 5 or something like that would be better for you?

Personally I quite like having a game I can play at any time of any day and have things in it that I can do either alone or with friends, and it's been that way for almost 15 straight years. Oh, and I still have plenty of time for other games and hobbies, time management isn't that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    There is content, you do that content, you get gear. The more difficult the content the better the gear with better stats. A good formula, it worked for ages.

Now, I'm not one to stifle progress. You want to add new systems to freshen things up, fine. But it's already been many, many years of systems after systems that have been very poorly received. Criticized ceaselessly by both casuals and hardcore players.

And yet they haven't learned at all. Instead they seem to be doubling down, creating even shittier systems. It's like when they say they'll get rid of a certain annoying part of the game, they somehow make it worse. Like with removing titanforging which was supposed to make the game less RNG, to adding corruption which is more RNG. Is this company just completely out of touch? So they hire a lawyer as a game director to use his lawyer-speak and constantly put out fires that he started with his own lies.
    Yawn, another post about gear.
    we all know the issue. what does another topic do?

WoW has been around so long that we now have WoW-brand boomers, like our dear OP here.

You sound addicted if you can't stop playing until you are "done"... If you wanna free up time for other things and hobbies, just put the game down and do something else... Works for most people, why not for you?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Then why in the world are you playing an MMORPG? These games are literally designed to never end, that's the entire point, you log in every day and further progress your character in some way.

I think what you're looking for is a single player story game, maybe The Witcher or Persona 5 or something like that would be better for you?

Personally I quite like having a game I can play at any time of any day and have things in it that I can do either alone or with friends, and it's been that way for almost 15 straight years. Oh, and I still have plenty of time for other games and hobbies, time management isn't that hard.
    Why are people trying to strawman me with single player games. For the vast majority of this games lifecycle, you could be "done" with a patches content. Don't act like it's always been like it is now.

Why are people trying to strawman me with single player games. For the vast majority of this games lifecycle, you could be "done" with a patches content. Don't act like it's always been like it is now.
    You can still be done with it exactly the same way you always could be. What exactly are you referring to?

In BC I full cleared Sunwell, farmed it for a few months and got full BiS gear, I still wasn't done. There was still other things to do, I could grind some reps I was missing, I could do arenas to raise my rating, I could focus on making gold to ensure I have consumables, etc.

That's the entire point of the game. It never ends, and it isn't supposed to. Even if you have all the gear you could ever need there are still things you could be doing to progress your character. Single player games are the only games that truly end, which is why everyone is bringing them up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    "Worked for ages". Of course you don't remember growing "nothing to do" and "AFKing in capital" problem that reach it's peak during WoD. Now you don't even have to remember this, just watch what 60s usually do in Classic.
    WoD had a severe lack of endgame.

You don't get around a severe lack of endgame by making loot way more frustrating. That's just pseudo-gameplay rather than meaningful gameplay.

For example TBC had fixed gear and yet people seemed to feel engaged with plenty to do. That's because, instead of generating re-playability through shitty RNG-fest systems, they instead chose the far superior option of "let's keep adding meaningful content", which is why TBC had so many dungeons and raids of a high calibre.

On top of that, they had other ways to engage players. Much more useful professions. Grindier PvP. Slower leveling.

In essence, both examples are ways to keep players on the treadmill, but the former is cheap, shitty and unengaging, whereas the latter is actually fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    So you think that doing mind-numbing, monotonous, repetitive content for infinitesimally small rewards (50 rep for a daily lmao) is game design that should be encouraged? Ok, I guess we deserve the state of MMOs then, if we encourage companies to make such shitty content and then defend them for it.
    Look I don't give a shit how the game is or what should be "encouraged" or whatnot - hell I'm skipping this tier and I'm not subbed even - and least of all defending Blizzard, but when you grow up someday and have to work for your money you'll see that money is awesome and everyone wants it. If I was the CEO of a multibillion company, and if I could make a lot of money by stepping on few pathetic addicts I'd go for it. Yes, I'm no saint and I'm not running for Jesus.

What shouldn't be encouraged is that people slinging mud at eachother, calling some white knights and others shills and whatever when the problem lies in all of you: Addiction. So instead of making 1000 threads a day to pointlessly bicker, cancel your sub - vote with your wallet, and if you can't: Either see a headshrinker or embrace your addiction and shut the hell up.

Really, there are tens of threads like this made every day. Can anyone even remember the last weeks' hot-button thread? No? That's how useless this is. Peace out.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Agreed.

People in this thread are the reason why WoW is so unfriendly to alts nowadays. You can never just be done and enjoy another class without feeling like you're gimping your main and your alts, because your main stops progressing and your alts need a ridiculous time investment to perform well, e.g. essences and shit.

It's the main reason why I've mostly moved on to FFXIV. Weekly Valor cap so you can actually move the fuck on for the week at least, devs that encourage you to quit between patches if you want to. The only thing I truly miss from WoW is the seamless open world.

Gear always had a meaning. Not just higher ilvl ok ill equip that one. You had to hit caps - hit/haste/crit etc. Now it's all gone and we need a system that replaces that. I want to think about my gear and not just ok ill take this one because it says ilvl 450 and my old one says 445.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rappy28 View Post
    Agreed.

People in this thread are the reason why WoW is so unfriendly to alts nowadays. You can never just be done and enjoy another class without feeling like you're gimping your main and your alts, because your main stops progressing and your alts need a ridiculous time investment to perform well, e.g. essences and shit.

It's the main reason why I've mostly moved on to FFXIV. Weekly Valor cap so you can actually move the fuck on for the week at least, devs that encourage you to quit between patches if you want to. The only thing I truly miss from WoW is the seamless open world.
    You dont enjoy character progression? I guess you should stop playing wow or mmos in general. LOL.