Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Golden is now pretty much the novelist with the most sway on the game
    This is factually untrue. She literally tweeted TODAY about how this was untrue. She constantly talks about it. Why? Because nutjob incels lose their shit when she writes anything they don't like and constantly harass her.

The second the excerpt from this new novel got released, you saw a backlash of incel nutjob Sylvanas and Night Elf fanboys going fucking bananas on Twitter toward her.

But you baselessly and without evidence scream and spit into the void. No one cares what you think.
    You apparently do because you're still here

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    This is factually untrue. She literally tweeted TODAY about how this was untrue. She constantly talks about it. Why? Because nutjob incels lose their shit when she writes anything they don't like.
    Considering she's the only person at Blizzard who is writing novels and is also actively designing the game's fucking story, I'm going to go ahead and say it is not 'factually untrue'.

Holy shit.

...actively designing the game's fucking story
    This is, again, factually untrue.

This is, again, factually untrue.
    Cool. Explain how it's 'factually untrue', then.

Cool. Explain how it's 'factually untrue', then.
    She doesn't develop the fucking story dude. How many more times does she need to come out and say it. She takes what the story team has decided and tidies it up.

She literally JUST SAID THIS TODAY.

You just completely ignored me pointing this out.

Thanks for trying. Nobody cares what you think

She doesn't develop the fucking story dude. How many more times does she need to come out and say it. She takes what the story team has decided and tidies it up.

She literally JUST SAID THIS TODAY.

You just completely ignored me pointing this out.

Thanks for trying.
    I'm aware at what Golden does at Blizzard. She primarily writes cinematics. As in, she develops the story. Do you have anything other than factually incorrect ranting to dispute this at all, or?

Considering she's the only person at Blizzard who is writing novels and is also actively designing the game's fucking story, I'm going to go ahead and say it is not 'factually untrue'.

Holy shit.
    I don't really care about that whole conversation but the part he's referring to is this one :

https://twitter.com/ChristieGolden/s...33648817442817

Quote Originally Posted by Christie Golden
    *me having to clarify yet again that not only did I not “write BFA”, no one person writes WoW, and I’m not even on the game team. I write cinematics based on what game team wants to focus on. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.*
    Anyway, I'm not sure she can be taken seriously, as when you read the list of her top/preferred books, the reason is always "because love story". Lolz

As in, she develops the story.
    I mean you can keep lying but that doesn't make it true. Kudos for driving the thread completely off topic because you were triggered by a totally accurate description of the incel outrage at her.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2020-03-05 at 08:16 AM.

I mean you can keep lying but that doesn't make it true.
    Do you ever get tired of yourself?

Do you ever get tired of yourself?
    Nope, not at all.

Do you? Because for as much as you say nobody cares what I think, you're still here half an hour later repeating a lie
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2020-03-05 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I don't really care about that whole conversation but the part he's referring to is this one :
    Oh no, I know what he was referring to. KrazyK is just kind of infamous on these forums for being someone impossible to have any kind of conversation with because he'll immediately resort to just saying everything he doesn't like is a lie/"factually wrong" or whatever. I was just entertaining the local mental illness, I guess.

Anyway, I'm not sure she can be taken seriously, as when you read the list of her top/preferred books, the reason is always "because love story". Lolz
    Golden's massive pitfall as a writer is romance. She can not write romance, and it's obvious that sappy, feel-good romances with fake emotional stakes are her favorite thing to write.

Oh no, I know what he was referring to. KrazyK is just kind of infamous on these forums for being someone impossible to have any kind of conversation with because he'll immediately resort to just saying everything he doesn't like is a lie/"factually wrong" or whatever.
    Oh I thought the strawman was that I hated the Horde? I didn't know it mutated in my absence. Good to know

@therealstegblob, just stop feeding the troll. It is obvious now that he is trolling us with all this bullshit. Just ignore him as I do and he will starve natural way.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-03-05 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Oh my this is going to be such a nice consistent novel ........

So, Anduin is no longer the leader of the Alliance

Turalyon would never know Alleria is his wife and mother of his son, had to add Windrunner

I mean it takes like what two minutes to look up that it is an Island, not a continent.

Dark Rangers are Rangers that use shadow magic, but they are still Rangers, it makes no sense for their archery skill to increase in undeath, especially since according to new lore the senses are dulled and their bodies break down.
    alliance leader role was always a messed up, we pretty much had 2 leaders, one political with terenas and one militar with turalyon

they are prob going for this route again, with anduin taking the role of terenas. But, i was hopping for then to drop this shit of high king for good

its not from his point of view, so it make sense to say windrunner, since its to the reader to know

zandalar is a vast continent, not just small island, ingame obviously looks smaller.

i agree with the dark ranger thing being bullshit, but they "have" to add the extra drama/danger sense into the plot, always have

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Maybe make him High Commander before the super important world war and not right after it's over? Sometimes I wonder if Anduin is a troll.
    its just blizzard shit writers, now maybe they saw the shit they did and are trying to cover after the community talk for so long how anyone would be better, but they have to make it look like it was their own idea

So I guess Alleria is more of a sidekick than an actual protagonist, cause Turalyon seems to be the main character for the Alliance. He's the one in charge of the operation to find Sylvanas and he is the High Commander of the Alliance forces.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    Just posting this after reading the excerpt--I'm really looking forward to this book. The other part that they released with Zekhan was good, too.

It looks like Sylvie is trying to make it look like the Zandalari are breaking the armistice. Kind of sloppy though, but still not as careless as "The Horde is Nothing".

I don’t think that is her plan as far as I can tell she still has some agents but her true goal probably has to deal with everybody’s favorite death God

For all we know she is trying to find a way into the Shadowlands and has gone to talk to him and what better way to get his attention then killing it his queen the source of all of his power since we are led to believe that his kind gain more strength the more they are worshipped.

She will go there get information and then head off to ice crown after getting what she needs

Because she might not know that the only way for a non-entity from the Shadowlands to enter into the real world is by destroying the veil

She might even try to figure out the secret of everybody’s favorite which people gorak tul

Nothing to really gleam from this. The two main takeaways is that we're reminded of Arathi, so there's a high chance of the Calia bullet being swallowed in this one. The other thing is on a purely technical level the character work is a lot better than BTS. A bit down on the melodrama and Anduin in general is a bit better as a perspective character. Genn, though bound to be proven wrong on distrusting the Horde, is still good to actually be expressing it, ditto things like Anduin himself mulling it over in his head or how they see through what I assume at this point is a false flag by Sylvanas to isolate the Zandalari and give her a shot at Bwon.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2020-03-05 at 11:13 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Something i don't rly know, why those young guards were killed? Did Sylvanus send her dark rangers just to shot some random dudes in Stormwind to put the blame of Zandalari? but i dunno, she would knew Anduin and the other would knew it was her doing all along?is this another 2746D chess she is playing with us?

and why in the ass someone woul write "his stoically handsome face pinched" in this book, Jesus, thats was awful and cringe

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Something i don't rly know, why those young guards were killed? Did Sylvanus send her dark rangers just to shot some random dudes in Stormwind to put the blame of Zandalari? but i dunno, she would knew Anduin and the other would knew it was her doing all along?is this another 2746D chess she is playing with us?

and why in the ass someone woul write "his stoically handsome face pinched" in this book, Jesus, thats was awful and cringe
    They were not guards, but spies sent to Zandalar or after the Banshee Queen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    Anyone else think the arrows are purposely misleading, especially since Talanji's attempted assassination? I'm willing to bet it's Tyrande and her elves. If not her, it's some other group trying to either frame the horde, or just trying to cover their own tracks.
    I think misdirection is the main implication, yes. But more likely it's down to Sylvanas and her loyal Dark Rangers (apparently) trying to drive a wedge between the Horde and the Zandalari, probably dovetailing with Sylvanas' goal of eliminating Bwonsamdi - if the Zandalari lose the support of the Horde they become isolated once more, thus making Bwonsamdi and Talanji much softer targets.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-03-05 at 02:23 PM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead