Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    If you are refering to Then yes they have the highborne tag, but here is the problem.. they are Nightborne models from suramar you know the ones we already play, if this is the model to go on for you then yea.. it's a all in one high elf issue.

Yes, I get it geez. The problem is they are alrady playable, so if we are realy talking about the model then that is just not happening.

What you on about? I also fixed it for you, that time is over.. and imo we should embrace what we do have in terms of custumization.
    I am well aware of the lore, but it's funny, because we are not talking about lore here at all.
    First of, no, those in the picture are not the models we can play. We can play a night elfyfied version of them. Which is a shame. And a disgrace if you ask me.

Second of all, you know what he means you say? But you don't. Night elves do have highbornes in their ranks now. Which is why we can play Night Elf mages after the story we got some years back when the Highborne got accepted by Tyrande and the Night Elves. You talk about it's not about the lore? Night Elf mages are both a gameplay and lore thing. What Mace wants is to have that reflect in the Night Elves we are playing. Which is something we indeed would like to see happening. Not about that spesifically, but for all races. Like Nightborne is not locked into Mages and Hunters. They can be more than that. Wouldn't it nice if that was reflected in the options when you make/change a character?
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-03-10 at 02:58 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    But you don't. Night elves do have highbornes in their ranks now. Which is why we can play Night Elf mages after the story we got some years back when the Highborne got accepted by Tyrande and the Night Elves. You talk about it's not about the lore? Night Elf mages are both a gameplay and lore thing. What Mace wants is to have that reflect in the Night Elves we are playing. Which is something we indeed would like to see happening. Not about that spesifically, but for all races.
    Very true, it's time for Night Elves to get some Highborne aesthetics to represent the Night Elf mages among their ranks. My only fear is what ercarp said, that some races will get 40+ options while others may not get as much.

Every race should get around the same options, especially since there is soooooo much they can work with for all the races.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Apart from the few Shendralar, player character Night Elf mages are young night elves only recently trained in the arcane. Why would they have Highborne aesthetics?
    Because Trolls get non dark spear customizations aswell.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Apart from the few Shendralar, player character Night Elf mages are young night elves only recently trained in the arcane. Why would they have Highborne aesthetics?
    @Hellspawn gave you the reason.

Stop putting restrictions where there aren't in terms of most likely customizations the races can get. Darkspear are about to get customizations from other troll tribes that aren't darkspear at all.

Also

1) Humans and Dwarves and Blood Elves get dark skin tones simply to offer more variety/aid visual representation of real world races. Has nothing to do with "lore of the game" and even goes against established lore for why certain races only had access to light skin tones from before (read: Dwarves/Blood Elves).

2) The new customizations previewed so far are breaking the "status quo" of a race. Darkspear aren't all relegated to blue/purple skin tones anymore. Undead aren't all going to be pale or have bones showing. These examples break the status quo of what the races follow from before.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Because Trolls get non dark spear customizations aswell.
    i hope they reconsider this.

i also hope they reconsider the wildhammer aesthetics for dwarves. this is ridiculous to say the least.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i hope they reconsider this.

i also hope they reconsider the wildhammer aesthetics for dwarves. this is ridiculous to say the least.
    Would you rather them as an AR? or do you just not like them or something?

Quote Originally Posted by the bear View Post
    Would you rather them as an AR? or do you just not like them or something?
    they should be an allied race, yes.

they're not culturally the same, sandfury aren't even the same genetically.

it completely invalidates all of the allied races that currently exist, except maybe zandalari, nightborne, and vulpera. it shows that the most of them could have just been skin options for the old races.

5+ Year Old Account

it completely invalidates all of the allied races that currently exist, except maybe zandalari, nightborne, and vulpera. it shows that the most of them could have just been skin options for the old races.
    I always hoped wildhammer dwarves would become an AR with druids. Always wanted to play a dwarf druid.

It does make mechagnomes feel even more awful. They really should've just become customization in shadowlands.

they are finally fixing the mistake of giving subraces as allied races, why would you want then to continue wasting allied race spots with recolors and not with new races?

Let then add all subraces to normal races i say, better for the game

Quote Originally Posted by Georg Von Vitzthum View Post
    they are finally fixing the mistake of giving subraces as allied races, why would you want then to continue wasting allied race spots with recolors and not with new races?

Let then add all subraces to normal races i say, better for the game
    because they're not the same damn people.

orcs, you could make an argument for being the same people, fine. but the troll tribes are completely and totally culturally distinct. the dwarves, all culturally distinct. the lightforged shouldn't have been a race in the first place, they were light-infused super soldiers with 1 being worth 10 regular soldiers.

vulpera, nightborne, and zandalari are so genetically removed from their peers, they should absolutely never be just a skin option.

void elves... just shouldn't exist.

mechagnomes, you got me there, that should have been a small cosmetic questline for regular gnomes. getting "upgraded" permanently.

The main option I've always wanted was straight-back undead. Especially after they've been teasing us about it with the Forsaken guards in Daz'alor the entire expansion. After that, everything else will just feel like a bonus to me.

because they're not the same damn people.
    thats besides the point, subraces are different yes but we don't need a different allied race all together just to emphasize they have different culture, you can do this yourself in your RP

doing that we can get more different allied races, not just recolors

voice options
    tattoos
    posture
    jewelry
    height / weight sliders (within reason)
    eye color
    ears

7+ Year Old Account
    thats besides the point, subraces are different yes but we don't need a different allied race all together just to emphasize they have different culture, you can do this yourself in your RP

doing that we can get more different allied races, not just recolors
    I'd say the worse bit is you lose out on unique racials, mount, tabard, and starting zone spawn.

Allied Races aren't simply palette differences. It's a shame to shoehorn different cultures into the same one.

Unless, they eventually (which I highly doubt) work on restructuring the entire character selection interface to one day you don't have different Dwarf boxes but you pick Dwarf and it takes you to a selection of different Dwarf types each with their own unique racials.

RPGs like Pillars of Eternity do this already, where you can pick different human/dwarf/elf/hobbit ethnicities and each of them get a few unique set of passives along with different looks.

So it is definitely possible, just unsure Blizzard would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    I'd say the worse bit is you lose out on unique racials, mount, tabard, and starting zone spawn.
    What a shame, except those are not important enough, we will get those with new races, subraces should be just a option in the same race

Unless, they eventually (which I highly doubt) work on restructuring the entire character selection interface to one day you don't have different Dwarf boxes but you pick Dwarf and it takes you to a selection of different Dwarf types each with their own unique racials.

RPGs like Pillars of Eternity do this already, where you can pick different human/dwarf/elf/hobbit ethnicities and each of them get a few unique set of passives along with different looks.

So it is definitely possible, just unsure Blizzard would do it.
    this game is more mmo than rpg anyway, i will not lose the sleep knowing we will not get 2 different racials just because the subrace have a different color

Part of me thinks that this is a "feature" because there's a backlog of options because there are one or two guys in the art department who're related to someone important but aren't very good and they've been given many bullshit assignments like, "Go draw some Dwarf mustaches" and "Draw me 400 different Gnome noses" in order to get them to leave the important artists alone.

7+ Year Old Account
    What a shame, except those are not important enough, we will get those with new races, subraces should be just a option in the same race
    I mean everyone's "important" is different. Like I don't care particularly for pet battles but there's people who play solely for them.

this game is more mmo than rpg anyway, i will not lose the sleep knowing we will not get 2 different racials just because the subrace have a different color
    Nobody talked about losing sleep, fail hyperbole. It's more like "this would be cool if they did it" not "I can't play the game and go to sleep at night knowing what could've been".

I mean everyone's "important" is different. Like I don't care particularly for pet battles but there's people who play solely for them.
    i said a different color is not important enough to do that, when we could get with new races entirely

its not the perfect world, so sacrifices are made, we either waste the spot of allied races with new races or recolors, and i rather get new races that recolors just because they could get different racials while robbing the opportunity and the racial ideas from different races

7+ Year Old Account
    i rather get new races that recolors just because they could get different racials while robbing the opportunity and the racial ideas from different races
    I think that's what most prefer too. People are just upset because certain races (LFD, Dark Iron, Mag'har, HMT, Void Elves, Mechagnomes - notice 4/6 are Alliance side) are recolors with unique racials yet it appears they will be stopping that going forward.

But the annoyance is that they're not going to fix up what they did to the existing Allied Races options. Just hamfist any new recolors into an existing one and call it a day.

I think that's what most prefer too. People are just upset because certain races (LFD, Dark Iron, Mag'har, HMT, Void Elves, Mechagnomes - notice 4/6 are Alliance side) are recolors with unique racials yet it appears they will be stopping that going forward.

But the annoyance is that they're not going to fix up what they did to the existing Allied Races options. Just hamfist any new recolors into an existing one and call it a day.
    i understand that, but im saying is better they fix the mistake stooping doing that, at least, and not keeping doing it just because they did before