Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Joe makes Trump seem lucid but yeah great play Republicans have a president with brain rot so Dems wanted one of their own. For the lulz maybe?
    You'll take your chances as everyone will.
    After all, we've seen what idiocy Trump is doing...and now he has to exert himself tonight to talk about something he has downplayed something that everyone else takes seriously. And the fact that Pence had airtime over him was unthinkable to that fucked up ego..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    You'll take your chances as everyone will.
    After all, we've seen what idiocy Trump is doing...and now he has to exert himself tonight to talk about something he has downplayed something that everyone else takes seriously. And the fact that Pence had airtime over him was unthinkable to that fucked up ego..
    I think that's the only hope for Biden. Trump is monumentally stupid and his handling of this virus while the economy continues to nosedive will do a number on his polling. So yeah we'll see what happens I just hope if Biden wins he gets good handlers

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    I like how your response to being called out for endorsing an authoritarian tactic includes "kiss the ring and fall in line". Wow, that's a painful lack of self awareness.
    I'm not responsible for BernieBros mangling the word "authoritarian" when they're reminded of the fact they have no leverage.

When I was banned I hopped by the thread a few times to see the conversation. Bernie Brothers were coddled after Super Tuesday.

I'm not going to coddle them and tell them they matter. Unless they live in 6 states they don't. And even then, if they do they are little more than a cherry on top. And Sanders... by staying in Sanders again woefully misreads the political climate. He won't get concessions from Biden. Not after he gets creamed in Florida and Arizona, gets creamed in Georgia and Louisiana, and gets creamed in Pennsylvania. Wisconsin aside, which may be a close race or may not be, that'll be Bernie Sanders losing big in every one of the 6 swing states that mean something.

So no. No concessions. Bernie and his supporters have zero leverage and I'm not going to sit here and pretend that you do. They gambled big, lost bad. And now they own it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    No. The country is a democracy. But political parties are private organizations. They elect to conduct their affairs a certain way.

The biggest mistake Republicans made after 2008 was indulging the far right, starting with the Tea Party. Rather than keeping a lid on them, like they did their predecessors for fifty years, they created an opening that allowed the crazies, the true ideologues and the grifters to infect the wider party, and then eventually dominate it. And now it's all but destroyed the Republican Party and replaced with with a malformed Trump-racist un-American creature.

Democrats have managed their own populist infection far, far better. But with Bernie Sanders at his weakest, now is the time to rip out the root and restore order to the party. There will not be a third act to this populist nonsense. America requires two fully functional political parties that play towards the political center/center-right/center-left, and Democrats are extraordinarily close to completing half the repair job. The Republican reconstruction/replacement effort, whatever that may be, will be harder.

That is why you don't indulge sanders anymore. Biden beat him. Now he must destroy him.

- - - Updated - - -

See above. And it's not authoritarianism. It's management. The time for debate and dissent is over. Now is the time to fall in line, so that we can win the General Election optimally.

Or Bernie people can stay home. Who cares.
    And this is what people like you don't get Trump supporters won't vanish anymore than Bernie supporters will. Joe Biden is at best a stop gap measure for fundamental problems in this country. When Trump 2.0 gets elected you can look fondly on the rest stop to madness.

I'm not responsible for BernieBros mangling the word "authoritarian" when they're reminded of the fact they have no leverage.

When I was banned I hopped by the thread a few times to see the conversation. Bernie Brothers were coddled after Super Tuesday.

I'm not going to coddle them and tell them they matter. Unless they live in 6 states they don't. And even then, if they do they are little more than a cherry on top. And Sanders... by staying in Sanders again woefully misreads the political climate. He won't get concessions from Biden. Not after he gets creamed in Florida and Arizona, gets creamed in Georgia and Louisiana, and gets creamed in Pennsylvania. Wisconsin aside, which may be a close race or may not be, that'll be Bernie Sanders losing big in every one of the 6 swing states that mean something.

So no. No concessions. Bernie and his supporters have zero leverage and I'm not going to sit here and pretend that you do. They gambled big, lost bad. And now they own it.
    Cool story bro. Basically a non sequitur, but cool.

At some point, you guys who vote moderate, need to start accepting responsibility for Trump. Sure the government should run better with a moderate take, but that only happens when each side is equally yoked in their respective directions....the mid point between two is moderate. The problem is the right is far right and the left is already moderate to center right. The mid point, between that and far right is still pretty far right of center.

The further the right goes, the more the left goes right. That’s how Trump happens.
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2020-03-11 at 10:30 PM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    At some point, you guys who vote moderate, need to start accepting responsibility for Trump. Sure the government should run better with a moderate take, but that only happens when each side is equally yoked in their respective directions....the mid point between two is moderate. The problem is the right is far right and the left is already moderate to center right. The mid point, between that and far right is still pretty far right of center.

The further the right goes, the more the left goes. That’s how Trump happens.
    republicans went so far right because they are bleeding moderates. the data shows that biden is picking up votes the repubs drove away with their extremism.

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    republicans went so far right because they are bleeding moderates. the data shows that biden is picking up votes the repubs drove away with their extremism.
    You just blamed a symptom of the problem for the problem.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

You just blamed a symptom of the problem for the problem.
    no, if you knew the history of it you would know that repubs were in bad shape till they began courting the Christian Right.

no, if you knew the history of it you would know that repubs were in bad shape till they began courting the Christian Right.
    I know the history of it. You still essentially said, the reason Johnny has a cold is because Johnny sneezed.

so how hurt is Bernie and bernibro's going to be relative to 2016?
    Seems he wants a vicious debate as payback. Proving nothing and just giving a huge chance to hurt Biden even more?

will they all sit grumbling on election day again instead of voting?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Seems he wants a vicious debate as payback. Proving nothing and just giving a huge chance to hurt Biden even more?

There’s considerably more spite and viciousness aimed at Bernie supporters than vice versa.

You guys are getting the candidate you wanted, why keep being grumpy and petty.

You just better fucking win this time, cause allowing the Repubs to pull the dems more and more right is on you.

I know the history of it. You still essentially said, the reason Johnny has a cold is because Johnny sneezed.
    i'm just going off the data- biden wouldn't be picking up demographics that went for bernie & trump if "moderate" was the issue. in fact moderate turnout increased.
    repubs drove away moderates/independents with their terrible history on race relations & obsession with ayn rand.
    bernie fans keep saying, "drive away this vital voting demographic because i don't like them!".
    well, didn't work out so well for bernie.

i'm just going off the data- biden wouldn't be picking up demographics that went for bernie & trump if "moderate" was the issue. in fact moderate turnout increased.
    repubs drove away moderates/independents with their terrible history on race relations & obsession with ayn rand.
    bernie fans keep saying, "drive away this vital voting demographic because i don't like them!".
    well, didn't work out so well for bernie.
    You really don’t understand what I’m arguing.

The economy plus Trump being Trump should still get Biden a win it will be another lesser of two evils choice. Of course Trump seems to have a rabbit foot up his ass so the whole thing could also turn around stock market goes back up then all bets are off.

There’s considerably more spite and viciousness aimed at Bernie supporters than vice versa.

You guys are getting the candidate you wanted, why keep being grumpy and petty.

You just better fucking win this time, cause allowing the Repubs to pull the dems more and more right is on you.
    "you guys" lol.

see that is what I am worried about

"he's your candidate I am not voting for him..... Bernie 2024!!!"
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

You really don’t understand what I’m arguing.
    repubs would and have argued that the country has gone too far left with things like ACA, gay marriage, etc.
    saying that "moderates are the problem" is revisionist history.

"you guys" lol.

see that is what I am worried about

"he's your candidate I am not voting for him..... Bernie 2024!!!"
    I am voting for Biden in the election. You’re irrationality is proving my point, though.

- - - Updated - - -

repubs would and have argued that the country has gone too far left with things like ACA, gay marriage, etc.
    saying that "moderates are the problem" is revisionist history.

You are literally all over the place and somehow still not understanding the pint, even a little bit.

You are literally all over the place and somehow still not understanding the pint, even a little bit.
    i guess i don't, explain again how trump was a reaction to moderate policies?

I am voting for Biden in the election. You’re irrationality is proving my point, though.
    It would be awesome if people could manage to not immediately interpret criticism of Biden or moderate dems or establishment dems as "I'm not going to vote for the dem candidate unless it's Bernie".

But I think I'm expecting too much.