Thread: Doom Eternal

Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Eurogamer has published specs for DOOM Eternal, though people in comment section say specs got promptly deleted from game site probably because of the outrage of potato PC owners:
    Good thing i was planning on buying a 2080 anyway...

Damn, I've got a RX 480 GPU and an i5 @ 2.8 GHZ. Managed just fine with them so far since I game at 1080p, but I get the feeling that I'll need to upgrade for this one.

Anyone has recommendations for a relatively budget GPU? I've been looking at a 1660 Super myself.

Doom (2016) was/is a very well optimized game, and even cards like the freaking 1050 could play it on medium settings and at 1080p could get 60 fps in most cases. Eternal might also be very well optimized, but those new blood decal effects, and just new graphics in general, look like they can be very taxing. With all of that said, even a regular 1660 should probably give you a mostly smooth experience at 1080p, 1660 super/TI if you want to crank some settings up higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Doom (2016) was/is a very well optimized game, and even cards like the freaking 1050 could play it on medium settings and at 1080p could get 60 fps in most cases. Eternal might also be very well optimized, but those new blood decal effects, and just new graphics in general, look like they can be very taxing. With all of that said, even a regular 1660 should probably give you a mostly smooth experience at 1080p, 1660 super/TI if you want to crank some settings up higher.
    Yeah, id are industry leaders when it comes to optimization so I'm sure I'll be able to play the game at a comfortable 60 FPS even with my current card, but I'm also looking to the future. Cyperpunk might very well be even more demanding, and the new console generation is fast approaching with its more demanding cross-platform games in tow. I'm not looking to transition to 1440p anytime soon, but I don't want to fall too far behind the curve either.

The price difference between regular 1660 and Super isn't significant for the power gain, and I've been recommended it by a few people already. I'll just have to see if my PSU can handle the card, but I don't think that's going to be a problem.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think one thing to factor is that it looks like there's going to be more enemies on average than Doom 2016 had rather than the constant having to spawn in enemies. I play at 1440p and noticed newer games tax my 4690k a bit framerate wise, but my GTX 1070 should be fine until next year.

I have a gtx960! damn missed it with a 10. though my laptop ran doom 2016 pretty well, high textures and max res, though forget shadows and anti aliasing.
    I am sure this one will run well enough for me to rip and tear.
    just 9 more days.

Eurogamer has published specs for DOOM Eternal, though people in comment section say specs got promptly deleted from game site probably because of the outrage of potato PC owners:
    Bought a new computer for Doom Eternal which thankfully looks to at least nearly meet the recommended requirements (I think the CPU is a bit lower, Ryzen 6 cores 12 threads)

My 10 year old potato that couldn't even handle Wolfenstein New Order (2014) needed to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the time the min/max specs are very conservative and for good reason.

Potato PC owners? I just replaced a computer with a 10+ year-old processor (i7 920, oldest i7 I'm aware of) and a 5 year-old graphics card (r9 380) and it would've been fine with the minimum requirements. Anyone using parts older than that or using budget graphics cards from two or more generations ago have no room to complain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Damn, I've got a RX 480 GPU and an i5 @ 2.8 GHZ. Managed just fine with them so far since I game at 1080p, but I get the feeling that I'll need to upgrade for this one.

Anyone has recommendations for a relatively budget GPU? I've been looking at a 1660 Super myself.
    Nah, I'm sure your PC will be just fine for Doom Eternal at 1080p. Might have to turn a couple settings down, but it'll still look great. Well, assuming your i5 isn't one of the older ones, like the 10+ year-old i7 I was using.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Potato PC owners? I just replaced a computer with a 10+ year-old processor (i7 920, oldest i7 I'm aware of) and a 5 year-old graphics card (r9 380) and it would've been fine with the minimum requirements. Anyone using parts older than that or using budget graphics cards from two or more generations ago have no room to complain.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, I'm sure your PC will be just fine for Doom Eternal at 1080p. Might have to turn a couple settings down, but it'll still look great. Well, assuming your i5 isn't one of the older ones, like the 10+ year-old i7 I was using.
    I ended up buying the 1660 Super anyway, not only to crank up what looks like a beautiful game, but to be somewhat future proof until I transition to 1440p in a few years. Also I found out I would get a bigger tax return than anticipated, which aided in my decision somewhat .

In other news, Bethesda released a video showcasing the game's skin options. You can chainsaw demons in a white and pink unicorn costume if so you wish, which is stupid and awesome and I love it. Albeit I'll most likely stick to either the Classic or Doom 2016 suit.

OST not coming out with the game.

My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.

Really wish I could grab this off the bat, but with ffviir and re3 coming out so close after I think doom will have to wait

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Are they selling it separately? Or is it just an oversight and they somehow didn't know people would want it?

Just wondering where I can find that sweet ass rap song in the TV spot.

Well, at worse there's always Youtube for that (a good number of tracks are already on it), but yeah it seems weird that they would omit this even from the Deluxe edition when everyone praises 2016's OST and Mick Gordon is back with a vengeance for this one.

Bethesda probably breathing down Id Software's neck after seeing those skins like

"Those are like $30 a pop in the store right? Wait what do you mean earned ingame? Like Ingame Store? Earned like money earned? Yo ID! ID?!"

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    They've redeemed themselves from the god-awful TV ad spot they made. Wonder if they went with a different creative agency for this, one that actually knows what the hell Doom is about.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've redeemed themselves from the god-awful TV ad spot they made. Wonder if they went with a different creative agency for this, one that actually knows what the hell Doom is about.
    I believe they pretty much knew the DOOM audience and TV audience barely overlap so they didn't care much making it

I believe they pretty much knew the DOOM audience and TV audience barely overlap so they didn't care much making it
    ...yeah but no. You don't blow money on a produced trailer, licenses music, and expensive ad-buys and "phone it in" because they're not "the audience".