Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    When you are high up in Competitive you usually mained a specific role and when you play competitive your teammates will look at your stats. So if you are a Tank main you can only play tank in competitive because ppl at that rank hate to take chances. So if you actually want to play DPS it is way easier creating a smurf and playing DPS there.
    Und wenn du das Spiel verlierst, ganz unten stehst, dann stehn wir hier und sing Borussia - Borussia BVB!

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    People pay for plat carries.. ..... . ...... .. .. .. . .........?
    No idea if they do, just seen the smurfs advertising it.

Maybe everyone seems like a smurf because you just got the game and don't know what you're doing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't know if there's any level at which smurfs stop being an issue, but to be honest there's 100 trolls, throwers and fuckwits for every smurf.
    100% agreed. smurfs won't stop being smurfs just because they are doing bad... sad reality, but true.
    the only way I see it, is to try to breakdown the case, read, learn, try to understand it:
    Snip
    and all to come up with a solution, even if it's brutal at that!
    Last edited by xChurch; 2019-12-11 at 05:13 PM.

da fuk is a smurf ?

How can you tell the difference between a smurf and someone who is just on it that round. I've had games where I question if my hands are even working and games where I carry the carry.

Also I've seen a growing trend in matches of one side usually dominating the other team and I've been on both sides of it. Very rarely do I have a very evenly matched game.

Just like others are saying, play with friends, makes the game much more enjoyable even if they are better then you

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    Decided to pick up Overwatch on PC today and the number of glaringly obvious smurfs at low level is shocking to say the least.

Is there a certain level where I can expect the game to actually become enjoyable or should I just seek to get my refund now before it's too late?
    pfff hard to answer.

I would lean more towards refund. A lot of smurfs, just having fun/its a game types.
    And a lot of people playing 1 hit wonder hero's. And not changing. What has ruined the game because the balance around that .

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The game will evaluate your skill-level based on the first few games you play as a new player, this means your experience may vary drastically from game to game initially - for better or worse. Hang in there and you should start to be pitted against players at or close to your own level.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by music49 View Post
    How can you tell the difference between a smurf and someone who is just on it that round. I've had games where I question if my hands are even working and games where I carry the carry.
    Smurfs are very low level and yet they consistently play like someone of high rank - genuine low level players do not, so it's fairly obvious.

Decided to pick up Overwatch on PC today and the number of glaringly obvious smurfs at low level is shocking to say the least.

Is there a certain level where I can expect the game to actually become enjoyable or should I just seek to get my refund now before it's too late?
    Just go comp, as long as you're not in silver/bronze there are typically a much smaller proportion of smurfs knocking around.

Youtubers need to make tutorials on how to go from unranked to masters... it wont stop. It makes money.

- - - Updated - - -

Having said the above, theres no way you even know the game well enough, to know what a smurf might look like. Everyone is better than you right now, so everyones a smurf?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    Smurfs are very low level and yet they consistently play like someone of high rank - genuine low level players do not, so it's fairly obvious.
    To someone who played the game a lot, maybe, but not to someone who "pick(ed) up Overwatch on PC today"..

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    To someone who played the game a lot, maybe, but not to someone who "pick(ed) up Overwatch on PC today"..
    True, but the guy I replied to wasn't OP, and didn't sound like they just did.

Edit: Honestly though, it's not that hard for even a new player to know, if there's someone who consistently solo carries it's a pretty safe bet that's not actually another new player.
    Last edited by Twen; 2020-03-21 at 03:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Long story short OP, until Blizzard stops being retarded, and makes it a bannable offense like it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by MsJosie View Post
    da fuk is a smurf ?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Long story short OP, until Blizzard stops being retarded, and makes it a bannable offense like it should be.
    Bc its next to impossible to police, esp on console when you can make unlimited accounts. How do you even prove two accounts are the same person?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    It is bannable. It's sabotage of gameplay and many have been banned for this. There's even streamers that got banned during stream for creating smurf accounts. Everytime sameone who ruins the games of others gets banned, he/she loses 20 euros. I'm ok with this.

Just keep reporting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    It is bannable. It's sabotage of gameplay and many have been banned for this. There's even streamers that got banned during stream for creating smurf accounts. Everytime sameone who ruins the games of others gets banned, he/she loses 20 euros. I'm ok with this.

Just keep reporting them.
    What if i'm just inherently good at shooters and have a new account in OW? Your entire premise is flawed

Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    More you play, the better you get, the less smurfs matter.

Also, 99.9% of smurfs aren't smurfs, they are just better then you.
    I'd second this. It's funny how people think they can hang with top players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Smurfs are not a playable class sir. This is not hello kitty island adventure.

10+ Year Old Account
    What in the hell kind of necro is this...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.