Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flevor View Post
    i bloody hell hope they make it a "start at 58" experience
    thats never gonna happen, people want to keep their characters i imagine

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I hope it's a "start from level 1" for everyone.
    People wanting to play shaman on Alliance/paladin on Horde shouldn't get left in the dust by everyone else. And that would make less of a clusterfuck in Hellfire Peninsula.

But the most important point is which patch they will use for content. Hope they don't wreck TBC by using 2.4 nerfed one.
    no changes

3+ Year Old Account
    Got it, and it looks like the decision has already been made. However, they want feedback about how to do it (copy toons, lvl 1 everyone, instant 58 options, initial layering, etc)

Now that the cat is out of the bag, I wan't my Mist of Pandaria. Thank you very much.

There is no stopping, you can do it, Blizzard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Now that the cat is out of the bag, I wan't my Mist of Pandaria. Thank you very much.

There is no stopping, you can do it, Blizzard!
    Keep dreaming, that'll never happen. The furthest I see blizzard going with their classic train is Wotlk.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the server should have all 3 options tbh: vanilla character copy, start at 58, and start at 1.

Just duplicate the servers, give them a new name and open them 1 week before tbc release, that's it.

Nobody lose their guild, character names, etc.

You get 3 games for 1 sub. Best deal in the gaming world.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Keep dreaming, that'll never happen. The furthest I see blizzard going with their classic train is Wotlk.
    It might not even have to go this far. The further they go into these expansions, the more scattered community will become.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Received an Email (legit), questions were about the transition to a new server or a server transitioning to TBC model as well as keeping or transferring guilds. Nothing on content (changes) more like binary logistic changes/decisions so to speak.
    I'm still not inclined to believe this, This smells like a trap.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2020-03-27 at 09:41 PM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Forgive my hesitation, do you think you can share that email with us... I'd like to see it.
    No, it's under NDA that all thse mongoloids gladly brushed away

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I don't see why it is out of the realm of possibility of having several, if not all, expansions running concurrently for the same sub fee. Why disregard the potential? Especially since remakes are extremely popular, and players are playing their game of choice for over a decade. I have friends who I have known over half my life I still play age of empires 2 with on occasion.

I am hoping Blizzard releases TBC classic in the downtime between expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I don't see how it is a non-disclosure agreement when the receiver hasn't agreed to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    I think the server should have all 3 options tbh: vanilla character copy, start at 58, and start at 1.
    i think both copy and start at 1 but not 58

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enz0 View Post
    I don't see why it is out of the realm of possibility of having several, if not all, expansions running concurrently for the same sub fee. Why disregard the potential? Especially since remakes are extremely popular, and players are playing their game of choice for over a decade. I have friends who I have known over half my life I still play age of empires 2 with on occasion.

I am hoping Blizzard releases TBC classic in the downtime between expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I don't see how it is a non-disclosure agreement when the receiver hasn't agreed to anything.
    i think an arguement can be made against cata onwardss, and also it would be probably spread the player way tooo thin than it would already by with vanilla tbc and wotlk

Quote Originally Posted by Reman View Post
    Just duplicate the servers, give them a new name and open them 1 week before tbc release, that's it.

Nobody lose their guild, character names, etc.

You get 3 games for 1 sub. Best deal in the gaming world.
    To me this is the most logical and best solution.

You get to progress into TBC with your vanilla main exactly like it happened AND you keep your character on vanilla forever.

The copy should start with the prepatch event and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    they ask u not to gotta folow the ruleS

BUt it is legit i got it too

crap did i break the rule by posting this?
    Good luck with anyone following "Please keep this confidential rule". Did that with the level squish survey and that got thrown onto the internet within a matter of minutes.

Wake me up when WotLK one is sent.

TBH I'd like them to have some sort of "pre-patch" where I can level a Draenei Shaman before the Dark Portal opens, so I can be closer to on par with other players in regards to end game.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I'm still not inclined to believe this, This smells like a trap.
    Its posted on Wowhead aswell, to my knowledge Wowhead isn't known for dropping news without verifying it first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    i think both copy and start at 1 but not 58
    I think there will be a significant amount of people (such as myself) who want to play the same class but switch to Draenei/Blood Elf, and TBC didn't have race change. Leveling from 1 again would be a pain especially since we're there to play TBC content and not Vanilla again. Maybe only let people who have a 58+ on classic create level 58 characters.

The real issue I see with TBC is that informed players are going to mass flock to Horde. The imbalance is going to be insane.
    Last edited by Boricha; 2020-03-27 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    I think there will be a significant amount of people (such as myself) who want to play the same class but switch to Draenei/Blood Elf, and TBC didn't have race change. Leveling from 1 again would be a pain especially since we're there to play TBC content and not Vanilla again.

The real issue I see with TBC is that informed players are going to mass flock to Horde. The imbalance is going to be insane.
    yea i understand, but i prefer no changes and release it as it was. It makes the lvling world alive again and doesnt disrupt the balance from the start

Some merit in starting fresh to be honest.

People have already accumulated a lot of gold in Classic, them totally dominating the economy once TBC hits is a legit concern, it would also make a lot of people a bit more stingy with their classic gold once TBC is announced, after all, who doesn't want to have 5k Gold right off bat, rather than spend weeks / months with the 60% flying mount?

On top of that, Naxx gear allows you bypass some of the initial progression from TBC, Naxx is basically on par with dungeon blues, some items even last easily into raiding.

100% transfer chars, I aint starting over. Fuck the economy, it will stabilize it self overtime, let us enjoy our chars through thick and thin!
    The weak fear the shadows... fear controls them!