Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    A few more weeks Latin American might look like hell.

Already reports in educador of bodies laying on the ground.
    got any links?

I keep seeing these mental bandit stories..

The Feds in NY siezed a load of PPE heading for MA. 3 million masks. In desperation the MA Gov creates a backchannel to Chinese ambassador to the UN and has the New England Patriots send a jet to pick the PPE up and finally get it to MA hospitals. fucking mad.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    At least the recoveries graph is starting to look positive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

I agree. If the virus doesn't afraid heat, India, Latin America and Africa will hit harder than US and Europe.

You wouldn't read from the newspaper because their governments don't test it.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2020-04-03 at 09:37 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    • US still boldly going where no country has gone before, at >20k new confirmed cases per day. Destined to end up the worst-affected country in the world.
    Well US has population larger than top 5 EU countries combined, it was expected for everyone with a brain. Only countries with 200m+ population have a chance to "compete" with USA.

...though I wonder what will happen in Bangladesh with 160m people packed in the river delta...

Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    At least the recoveries graph is starting to look positive...
    I don't think that's good news until it's confirmed that you can't become infected more than once.

Todays breadown:

• Germany still roughly tracking Italy

More:
    https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/sta...84639540146178
    I can weigh in on the small part, we're tracking in regards of new cases. Since the start of the crisis, Germany has stacked up the number of ICU beds from 26.000 to 40.000, of which 30.000 are currently used. Hospitals are feeling the pressure, but are still coping well, in many of them business continues as usual. While I'm assuming we will pass Italy in regards of infected, having a 33% bigger population, I'm assuming deaths will be significantly smaller.

15+ Year Old Account
    About the Russian numbers:
    https://meduza.io/en/news/2020/04/02...-days-straight

"Russian public health authority can't explain why it's published the same exact coronavirus test count for three days straight"
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

got any links?

I keep seeing these mental bandit stories..

The Feds in NY siezed a load of PPE heading for MA. 3 million masks. In desperation the MA Gov creates a backchannel to Chinese ambassador to the UN and has the New England Patriots send a jet to pick the PPE up and finally get it to MA hospitals. fucking mad.
    Here, in spanish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I can weigh in on the small part, we're tracking in regards of new cases. Since the start of the crisis, Germany has stacked up the number of ICU beds from 26.000 to 40.000, of which 30.000 are currently used. Hospitals are feeling the pressure, but are still coping well, in many of them business continues as usual. While I'm assuming we will pass Italy in regards of infected, having a 33% bigger population, I'm assuming deaths will be significantly smaller.
    Dude how are you feeling?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't think that's good news until it's confirmed that you can't become infected more than once.
    Data is (mostly) pointing at that. You cannot get re-infected from the virus if you've battled against it and emerged the victor

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    I agree. If the virus doesn't afraid heat, India, Latin America and Africa will hit harder than US and Europe.

You wouldn't read from the newspaper because their governments don't test it.
    The only country here in Latin America that has ramped up testing in a measurable way is chile.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Dude how are you feeling?
    No fever, had a mild headache that went away with a painkiller, the cough is mild but getting worse. I'll be ok, I'd say. Thanks for asking!

15+ Year Old Account
    No fever, had a mild headache that went away with a painkiller, the cough is mild but getting worse. I'll be ok, I'd say. Thanks for asking!
    How many days since your symptoms started?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    It's been said corona viruses don't mutate as much as flu viruses? So if you've survived this particular strain you're now immune to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's been said corona viruses don't mutate as much as flu viruses? So if you've survived this particular strain you're now immune to it.
    The antibodies don't stay in your body forever necessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    They stay for a few years, which is enough at this moment tho.

- - - Updated - - -

I really hope that's the case

How many days since your symptoms started?
    Started coughing on Wednesday, it's been gradually getting worse. Headache was today, but I'm attributing that to not sleeping well. Comparing my progression so far with some other case studies colleagues provided I'd say I have a mild progression, even though it's going to get worse. Still, I'm considering myself lucky.

Do you feel sore throat?

Not forever, but likely a couple of years - and then you might keep some antibodies to get partial immunity even later on (so that a new infection would be less severe).

And hopefully we will have a vaccine by then so it will not be a problem.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Long enough to outlast the entire epidemic, all I'm asking for is several years And, while I'm not an expert in medicine I've been told that some "knowledge" how to make the antibodies persists in your body so it's not from scratch when you encounter the same virus next time.

Started coughing on Wednesday, it's been gradually getting worse. Headache was today, but I'm attributing that to not sleeping well. Comparing my progression so far with some other case studies colleagues provided I'd say I have a mild progression, even though it's going to get worse. Still, I'm considering myself lucky.
    A serious case progresses rapidly? Sorry for asking, just curious

- - - Updated - - -

Long enough to outlast the entire epidemic, all I'm asking for is several years And, while I'm not an expert in medicine I've been told that some "knowledge" how to make the antibodies persists in your body so it's not from scratch when you encounter the same virus next time.
    That seems to be the case. You have several years of inmunity

That's the current assumption based on observation of other Coronavirus strains. So far there was the one case in Japan I'm aware of where a woman was confirmed infected, cleared as pathogen free, and later got brought in with a confirmed infection again. Since this is a singular case so far, I'm assuming human error, dismissed to early. It's to early to say.

Also, keep in mind that even with a 100% immunity you can still carry and infect people. Immunity is not like 'Immune to Firedamage' used to be in WoW. You can still contract the virus, it starts to infect you, your immunesystem just kills it off before it starts to be a problem. Very simplified.

Some more info:

"COVID-19: Attacks the 1-Beta Chain of Hemoglobin and Captures the Porphyrin to Inhibit Human Heme Metabolism"

The novel coronavirus pneumonia (COVID-19) is an infectious acute respiratory infection caused by the novel coronavirus. The virus is a positive-strand RNA virus with high homology to bat coronavirus. In this study, conserved domain analysis, homology modeling, and molecular docking were used to compare the biological roles of certain proteins of the novel coronavirus. The results showed the ORF8 and surface glycoprotein could bind to the porphyrin, respectively. At the same time, orf1ab, ORF10, and ORF3a proteins could coordinate attack the heme on the 1-beta chain of hemoglobin to dissociate the iron to form the porphyrin. The attack will cause less and less hemoglobin that can carry oxygen and carbon dioxide. The lung cells have extremely intense poisoning and inflammatory due to the inability to exchange carbon dioxide and oxygen frequently, which eventually results in ground-glass-like lung images. The mechanism also interfered with the normal heme anabolic pathway of the human body, is expected to result in human disease. According to the validation analysis of these finds, chloroquine could prevent orf1ab, ORF3a, and ORF10 to attack the heme to form the porphyrin, and inhibit the binding of ORF8 and surface glycoproteins to porphyrins to a certain extent, effectively relieve the symptoms of respiratory distress. Favipiravir could inhibit the envelope protein and ORF7a protein bind to porphyrin, prevent the virus from entering host cells, and catching free porphyrins. Because the novel coronavirus is dependent on porphyrins, it may originate from an ancient virus. Therefore, this research is of high value to contemporary biological experiments, disease prevention, and clinical treatment.
    https://chemrxiv.org/articles/COVID-...hyrin/11938173

This... means something right?