Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    When did I own any slaves? And I always thought the whole reason everyone wanted me to oust Gallywix as Trade Prince was because I could earn everyone a profit without being an exploitive bastard to everyone.
    Literally the first quest you take as a Goblin. Taking Care of Business where you deal with your "Defiant Trolls". You control the market on Kaja Cola and you shake down people for your rep to threaten your competitors and debtors in Do it Yourself. You cheat in a local sport and use your standing to exploit access to the bank to get your "earnings" from other accounts. The people telling you that you'd make a great Trade Prince and that not to forget them when you become one are your lackeys and underlings trying to make their own way up. You're literally a worse person than Gallywix making more money and thus a better Trade Prince. How did you not realise your Goblin character isn't a good person by their own standards?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Literally the first quest you take as a Goblin. Taking Care of Business where you deal with your "Defiant Trolls". You control the market on Kaja Cola and you shake down people for your rep to threaten your competitors and debtors in Do it Yourself. You cheat in a local sport and use your standing to exploit access to the bank to get your "earnings" from other accounts. The people telling you that you'd make a great Trade Prince and that not to forget them when you become one are your lackeys and underlings trying to make their own way up. You're literally a worse person than Gallywix making more money and thus a better Trade Prince. How did you not realise your Goblin character isn't a good person by their own standards?
    I'm starting to get the feeling you're deliberately misrepresenting what I'm saying to try to prove your point. Why would any of YOUR OWN PEOPLE want to make you the Trade Prince if you were as big an asshole as Gallywix? They wanted you to take over BECAUSE you weren't as big of an ass as him. Gallywix screwed over everyone, especially his own people.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I'm starting to get the feeling you're deliberately misrepresenting what I'm saying to try to prove your point. Why would any of YOUR OWN PEOPLE want to make you the Trade Prince if you were as big an asshole as Gallywix? They wanted you to take over BECAUSE you weren't as big of an ass as him. Gallywix screwed over everyone, especially his own people.
    Because they're your goons. They would be given money and power if you succeed. They have a financial stake in Gallywix losing. They're not the oppressed proletariat awaiting salvation, they're partners in a business. Your character, and indeed no goblin, is interested in the plight of the average man. Even Christie "The Forsaken are actually all misunderstood sadsacks" Golden has her goblin character mention that virtually every goblin is a greedy fuck and that's considered high virtue in goblin society.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2020-04-08 at 07:55 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    There is a Goblin-only questline in 8.3 that details what happened to Gallywix, but the breakdown is as follows:

"Goblins exalted with the Bilgewater Cartel are sent to deliver a mysterious package to Hobart Grapplehammer only to discover that Gallywix has not only used forgery to get Hobart under contract but has managed to buy all of Crapopolis within the Motherlode. Upon discovering that Hobart has no intention of giving him the X-52 Personnel Armor Gallywix and Hired Scoundrels attack Hobart's workshop only to be driven back. Despite this minor setback Gallywix returned with greater numbers and took Hobart prisoner, with the intention of claiming the armor as his own. However, Hobart stubbornly refused to yield to Gallywix to the point of giving the X-52 Personnel Armor to Gallywix's old rival. The resulting fight between old rivals ended with Gallywix trapped his own armor and forced to renegotiate his contract with Hobart, whose shacking him down actually impressed the Trade Price.

By the time of the formation of the Horde Council, Gallywix had left the Horde and the Bilgewater Cartel which caused Thrall to turn to Gazlowe, who agreed to take over the Cartel."

So Gallywix's departure seems to be due to his conflict with Grapplehammer, and possibly remaining a prisoner in his malfunctioning armor. We might get more to the story in "Shadows Rising," but difficult to say.
    There's some RP for it:
    Ah, yes, now I remember! Thanks guys!
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

The whole idea behind Goblin starting zone was overthrowing Gallywix. He was defeated by the rebellion, and pretty much anyone who followed him freaking died.

Then Thrall approached them and said "Fuck your rebellion, as your joining the Horde your leader shall be the asshole you spent a whole zone overthrowing".

Not a fan of Gazlowe, but sort of glad the whole mistake of Gally having the reins is being corrected after like 10 years.

So what happened to Gallywix exactly? Did he just decided to leave after Sylvannas left?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewane View Post
    Zul's misfits yes, but totally approved by the king. The Waterlogged Zandalari journal found in Isle of Thunder has: "When King Rastakhan ordered me to join Zul's fleet, I thought I'd done something to offend the Council. I thought he was sacrificing me and the others just to get Zul off his back and away from Zandalar."

...so even if the king just sent them awy to get rid of Zul and his prophesies of doom, it was totally approved by him to the point of ordering some trolls to go with Z.
    That sounds like he just tossed them away like the convicts shipped to Australia without any regard of their future actions. But I guess that's close enough given he allowed it to happen
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could just read the quest text to understand that I'm not misrepresenting anything. As I pointed out before and as Dickmann elaborated those people wanting you to be the New Trade Prince have investment in you becoming one and you're becoming the new one by being a bigger asshole than Gallywix and screwing over even more people. It's actually quite telling that Gallywix didn't even stoop to slavery until all the Goblins were in mortal peril and used it as a means to secure and safely evacuate the populace of Kezan without the risk of the Goblins cut-throating each other mid-voyage and also making a massive profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    So what happened to Gallywix exactly? Did he just decided to leave after Sylvannas left?
    Pretty much. He considered the only one who was "truly loyal" to Sylvanas and the Alliance had already tried to have him assassinated this expansion so sticking around was clearly a bad idea.
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2020-04-08 at 03:26 PM.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

I got to kick his ass in the heritage armor questline though, so that was fun.

I mostly just hope he doesn't die just yet. His rivalry with the player is at the heart of the goblin story.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much. He considered the only one who was "truly loyal" to Sylvanas and the Alliance had already tried to have him assassinated this expansion so sticking around was clearly a bad idea.
    I don't know what you're talking about. All the paperwork proving that vanished in a mysterious fire. He's clearly just on vacation. On a private island.
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Meh. I never digested Gallywix, even though I'm not going to say he was a bad character. He was just...a caricature, it felt exaggerated and most importantly, it never made a lick of sense how Thrall fucking let the guy remain in charge at the end of the Goblin starting zone in Cataclysm.

Gazlowe was made a bit too soft in BfA but it has been kind of established all the way back to The Shattering novel that the guy had quite the tender heart (for a goblin at least). He's a nicely tolerable character, even though he's also not much of a character to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

15+ Year Old Account
    It never made any sense to have Gallywix as a leader for anything. Beyond being a better version of Trump, he's never had anyone's best interests other than his own, and even his own people disliked him. It was almost as if some vague, godly-ghostlike being whispered in Thrall's ear and said to make him a leader.

You don't have to be a goody-two shoes to have character, but don't do shit that doesn't make any sense, logically. Like, originally, Sylvanas made sense as the forsaken leader, and back when WoW first released, it made sense to have the forsaken join the horde (and the Blood Elves, in TBC).

But shit like Gallywix and Garrosh jumping off the deep-end in Pandaria felt like asspulls.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't imagine anyone ever caring for Gallywix, he has no character traits outside of sheer stupidity and limitless greed.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Was Gallywix anything but ''Hehe money'' though? Y'all know something I don't?
    He went "Hehe Azerite" in BfA. Where have you been?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, he packed his stuff and burned all evidence against him, also... he obviously took a huge chunk of money with him.

He expected the other members of the resistance to go after him now that Sylvanas was gone, and he was right on that one

Speaking of, Gallywix should've sold Sylvanas out. Out of all characters to go "muh loyalty" or "muh honor" he wasn't even last on the list because he wasn't on the list at all. As soon as she'd flown off he'd have immediately gone to the rebels and told them what a fan he was of honor while putting all evidence through the woodchipper. There's no precedent not to let him get away with it after all.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

So what did exactly Gallywix burn from the evidence?

So what did exactly Gallywix burn from the evidence?
    Fuck knows. I don't know why he needs to burn anything. He did less wrong than Saurfang and dude got eulogized. I guess he made azerite weapons, but so did everyone else.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    This.

Definitely all in your head @Indres

And Gallywix was anything but interesting, his entire personality is: "Hello, I like money". He was basically a legit less interesting and evil Mr. Krabs.
    have you seen his millionth dollar?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Fuck knows. I don't know why he needs to burn anything. He did less wrong than Saurfang and dude got eulogized. I guess he made azerite weapons, but so did everyone else.
    If I had to guess, selling azerite weapons to everyone. Horde, Alliance. Hey, you hozens got money right? Yeah I'll take that golden banana statue, have fun and don't aim em at yer face! Or if you do, film it!
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is.. Gawzlow is a boring goblin, Gallywix was an actual trade prince all about the deals and having the actual title trade prince is something great in the goblin world(mostly earned in robbing or being the biggest thief, but that's cool). There are like 3 or 4 in azeroth and we know 1 or 2.. I was hoping for a huge trade prince confrontation down the line and here is where gallywix would shine, most likely on Kezan. But once again Kezan is only a instanced area, with the leader being killed off in the Motherlode. Wasn't the guy a warcraft 3 character?

Same thing.. Rastakahn was cool Talanji not. The ones we get.. saves the day.. make sure everyone gets payed and have a nice ice latte afther the digging to azerite is over. Like I get the goodie 2 shoo comments .. A LOT.

Why can't we have a leader with flaw.. Rastakahn was set in the old ways.. he turned around only a second to late and gets killed. Talanji is seen as the savior and herald of the Zandalari and can't do anything bad or wrong.. dude this is boring or what?

Gazlowe got the trade prince title by thrall at the end of that herritage scenario.. which is lame as fuck tbh. Some orc giving a a goblin that title, felt bad. Gazlowe needs something, niche, something that makes you spark interest and wanna read about him. He is currently missing everything. Meaning: No cool model, no interesting goals etc.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-04-12 at 09:32 PM.