Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tyrande in Shadowlands (possible spoilers)

So we all know that Tyrande will be playing a big role in Shadowlands. Apperantly, she's gonna end up in the Maw and we (the players) will have to save her. After that she'll play a role in Ardenweald.

Now my question is, what about Horde players? It would make very little sense for Horde players to even interact with her, considering what happened during the events of BFA. So will the quest be Alliance only? Will the Horde get a similar quest? Will another NPC replace her in Ardenweald for Horde players?

Or will Blizzard shit on their own lore (again) and let Horde members interact with Tyrande? If it's the latter, I won't be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    So we all know that Tyrande will be playing a big role in Shadowlands. Apperantly, she's gonna end up in the Maw and we (the players) will have to save her. After that she'll play a role in Ardenweald.

Now my question is, what about Horde players? It would make very little sense for Horde players to even interact with her, considering what happened during the events of BFA. So will the quest be Alliance only? Will the Horde get a similar quest? Will another NPC replace her in Ardenweald for Horde players?

Or will Blizzard shit on their own lore (again) and let Horde members interact with Tyrande? If it's the latter, I won't be surprised.
    I think Hordelings get to do the Vol'jin questline instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sure as shit hope they don’t make horde deal with her. She hates horde and we don’t like her much. Would be dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I think Hordelings get to do the Vol'jin questline instead.
    Makes sense, let's hope so.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    I sure as shit hope they don’t make horde deal with her. She hates horde and we don’t like her much. Would be dumb.
    Well, us Hordies already had to protect her angry, cringey ass in Val'sharah, in what must be one of the most eyerolling moments in all of WoW's history. MALFURIOOOOON MUH LUUUUUUV anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Much as I like Tyrande I sincerely hope her quest isn't open to the Horde. The last thing we need is for her to learn the error of her ways because Xxpoonslayer the blood elf death knight helped free her people. It should be an Alliance exclusive story while we do the Vol'jin story that Alliance can't even understand without playing both factions and has 0 resonance with them.

Of course, that'd be against the themes of forgiveness and love so I wouldn't discount both being open to both factions.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Much as I like Tyrande I sincerely hope her quest isn't open to the Horde. The last thing we need is for her to learn the error of her ways because Xxpoonslayer the blood elf death knight helped free her people.
    And yet, you just prophesied it. Great work.

It should be an Alliance exclusive story
    A what? I don't understand this phrase. I mean, the individual words make sense...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    A what? I don't understand this phrase. I mean, the individual words make sense...
    It's hard to explain - it's like that quest where you help Anduin work out his daddy issues on the Broken Shore. Or the one where you name a ship to give to Anduin. But without Anduin. With another character who's also green to Alliance players.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

It's hard to explain - it's like that quest where you help Anduin work out his daddy issues on the Broken Shore. Or the one where you name a ship to give to Anduin. But without Anduin. With another character who's also green to Alliance players.
    Oh, you mean the vomit inducers! I thought you meant the idea of Alliance getting actual stories for a second there.
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Tyrande got Jaina syndrome so probably horde will go with Vol'Jin.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Oh, you mean the vomit inducers! I thought you meant the idea of Alliance getting actual stories for a second there.
    I'm sure they'll let you guys bust Sadfang out of the Maw to thank him for services rendered.

Failing faction exclusive content which should be the main approach, this might be a good time to bring in that Battle for Dazar'alor mechanic and let players do both versions. One as themselves and one as some dickhead telling you what went on in the Tyrande/Vol'jin storyline with the other faction where you're given a race change status effect. Now everyone gets to experience both stories if they really must and resources aren't wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Well, us Hordies already had to protect her angry, cringey ass in Val'sharah, in what must be one of the most eyerolling moments in all of WoW's history. MALFURIOOOOON MUH LUUUUUUV anyone?
    She only does it 3 times. I've heard this complaint before, it's a bunch of bs.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Much as I like Tyrande I sincerely hope her quest isn't open to the Horde. The last thing we need is for her to learn the error of her ways because Xxpoonslayer the blood elf death knight helped free her people. It should be an Alliance exclusive story while we do the Vol'jin story that Alliance can't even understand without playing both factions and has 0 resonance with them.

Of course, that'd be against the themes of forgiveness and love so I wouldn't discount both being open to both factions.
    Also on the Horde, I'm also hoping that I don't have access to Tyrande's questline. Her accepting help from me feels like a violation of her character arc for story purposes. I'm hoping that what the other person in this thread says is true, and while the Alliance quests with Tyrande the Horde quests with Vol'jin.

I'm sure they'll let you guys bust Sadfang out of the Maw to thank him for services rendered.
    Well yeah, didn't you see how sad Anduin was for missing his chance to bend over for him? He clearly was pushing for another strong Orc warchief daddy after he lost his dear Garrosh.

Failing faction exclusive content which should be the main approach, this might be a good time to bring in that Battle for Dazar'alor mechanic and let players do both versions. One as themselves and one as some dickhead telling you what went on in the Tyrande/Vol'jin storyline with the other faction where you're given a race change status effect. Now everyone gets to experience both stories if they really must and resources aren't wasted.
    I fully expect that to be reused for cost savings, story be damned.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    She only does it 3 times. I've heart his complaint before, it's a bunch of bs.
    The worse line, by far, is definitely...

TYRANNNNNDEEEEEEEEE! I NEEEEEEEEEEED YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

But Malfurion's voice lines in general aren't delivered well. Unless the Blizz developers wants him to sound like a nerd who tries too hard and can't control the volume of his voice. If so, he's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhozul View Post

But Malfurion's voice lines in general aren't delivered well. Unless the Blizz developers wants him to sound like a nerd who tries too hard and can't control the volume of his voice. If so, he's perfect.
    They've been cucking Malfurion since Cataclysm. The Darkshore Warfront is a good first step to redeem their absolute uselesness but it has to continue for a long time.

I believe that Talanji is going to be Tyrande's mirror in the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhozul View Post

That's also not Malfurion - it's Xavius parroting him, probably enjoying mocking him to boot. The Malfurion who speaks inside Darkheart Thicket isn't whining for Tyrande, he's basically ranking Xavius out and telling him that his end is nigh.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Val'sharah 2.0? Let's hope Tyrande doesn't use mean words again, she might offend the Horde players!
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post

There's a questline revolving around Vol'jin, Bwonsamdi and Mueh'zala in Ardenweald.

Eh, the Vol'jin questline builds on the BfA one about him and that was Horde only (I think).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.