Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

No 2h for enhancement? It's now or never

Here's why ion said enhancement is "trickier"

In legion, every ability in game (except for casters) were tied to weapon damage to scale better. So specs like windwalker monk would still need a good weapon even tho they don't actively use it with their abilities.

These formulas are not shown to public but wowhead thinks, they look something like this

(Attack Power + Weapon DPS * 6) * AP Coefficient * Damage Multiplier

Which is a fairly easy one to work around with^^ (you can search article on wowhead "formula for calculating ability damage")

Now since we are moving away from spec design
    They HAVE TO make brewmaster abilities (2h) work for windwalker (duelwield) and visa versa. Since they are making 2 formulas for most of the class abilities, they probably thought like, "well, we might as well scale these remaining ones too, to give players a choise". Which is seriously awesome of them!

But since enhancement only has 1 kind of melee dps spec, abilities were never made to scale around for 2h during legion. This is the only reason i can think of why they are not giving us 2h.

All damage formulas for death knights, monks and hunters (most probably warriors too) are being updated to work with both 2h weapons and duel wielding for this business. They are excluding enhancement because its too much of a hassle.

It's now or never guys. We have to make them know we want it bad. This is the only expansion they decided to listen to players.

Quote Originally Posted by Oturanboa View Post

In legion, every ability in game (except for casters) were tied to weapon damage to scale better. So specs like windwalker monk would still need a good weapon even tho they don't actively use it with their abilities.

These formulas are not shown to public but wowhead thinks, they look something like this

Which is a fairly easy one to work around with^^ (you can search article on wowhead "formula for calculating ability damage")

They HAVE TO make brewmaster abilities (2h) work for windwalker (duelwield) and visa versa. Since they are making 2 formulas for most of the class abilities, they probably thought like, "well, we might as well scale these remaining ones too, to give players a choise". Which is seriously awesome of them!

But since enhancement only has 1 kind of melee dps spec, abilities were never made to scale around for 2h during legion. This is the only reason i can think of why they are not giving us 2h.

All damage formulas for death knights, monks and hunters (most probably warriors too) are being updated to work with both 2h weapons and duel wielding for this business. They are excluding enhancement because its too much of a hassle.

It's now or never guys. We have to make them know we want it bad. This is the only expansion they decided to listen to players.
    Ye... I was thinking of posting on the forums but since I am an EU player it's kinda sad knowing that it probably won't be heard.

lavalash is also an issue

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    lavalash is also an issue
    An issue as in it hits like wet paper?

I'd gladly forgo this skill if they gave 2h back and made WF matter. (It also hits for nothing and feels like nothing)

Its been 13 years and its not coming back. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavein View Post
    An issue as in it hits like wet paper?

I'd gladly forgo this skill if they gave 2h back and made WF matter. (It also hits for nothing and feels like nothing)
    lava lash is an offhand attack if i recall correctly so idk how it'd work with a 2h

It's now or never guys. We have to make them know we want it bad.
    Yeah, sure, it's not like it hasn't been mentioned AT ALL over the past.... 13 years or so? So I can only repeat what was said above:
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Last edited by Throwme; 2020-04-16 at 12:01 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    If shaman became 2H again i change my main in a heartbeat.

1 single ability; Lava Lash is NOT an issue guys. They will just make it have a lower coefficiency for 2h weapons and be done it. That's it! If that tooltip too much of an RPG downfall for the enhancement players, they could change the tooltip when you equip 2h weapons. I think a billion dolar gaming company could handle a problem like that.

Blizzard has been carving the shaman class over the decade (said it themselves on shadowlands shaman commentery blue post). Every class can do whatever shaman can, in a better way.

Now this! This choise, this freedom, this CARE is being given to 4 classes. Why doesn't enhancement deserve it? How is it possible to balance frost but not enhancement?

Blizzard has been blue balling enhancement for years! Wait for 7.0 wait for 8.0 wait for 9.0...

Now this is alpha! Everything is subject to change! Everything is on table! This is the time they can't say it's too late. This is the time guys! Let it be heard on alpha and US forums. İt's really really now or never.

The current Enh toolset for SL will not work viably with a 2h even if they could be equipped. Maelstrom Weapon rewards more AAs over harder hitting ones.
    Lava Lash is based off the OH damage,
    You can't have both Windfury and Flametongue Weapon applied to one weapon.
    It doesn't work.

I dont think that part about ww monks is true

Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    The current Enh toolset for SL will not work viably with a 2h even if they could be equipped. Maelstrom Weapon rewards more AAs over harder hitting ones.
    Lava Lash is based off the OH damage,
    You can't have both Windfury and Flametongue Weapon applied to one weapon.
    It doesn't work.

As if they couldn't adjust those things. They could change it if they want, they just prefer it as it is. I'd prefer 2H, but clearly they don't. Oh well.

Blizzard has been blue balling enhancement for years! Wait for 7.0 wait for 8.0 wait for 9.0...
    Where EXACTLY have they indicated that it might make a return for any of those patches? Official Blizzard statements, not player speculation, thanks!

Now this is alpha! Everything is subject to change! Everything is on table! This is the time they can't say it's too late. This is the time guys! Let it be heard on alpha and US forums. İt's really really now or never.
    And just like before, the answer is not "now".

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    I bet you said that about Classic too.

Mad much?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.

Couple of problems:
    Lavalash + off hand imbue.
    Wind Fury imbue would have to be reworked a little.

Fix; make LL work with 2h. Make shaman choose between WF or Fire to boost LL damage or effectively nerf it.

Lava Lash only ever existed to try to get shamans to enchant their offhand with flametongue.

And lava lash doesn't need to be an offhand only ability... they could easily make it work with a 2h.

lol after classic 2 handed was dead. with dual wield. it was not even good in classic it was just what they could use. and no "we all" don't want it back at all... just cause you see it in classic doesnt mean it should be there in live.

Out of curiosity, can someone explain to me why 2h enhancement has been such a difficulty for Blizz? It's something I don't understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I can tell you from now, this is not going to happen. You can just tell from Ion's tone from that interview, he didnt outright say "its not going to happen" but its pretty obvious it won't. In their minds, 2H enh was just a meme build and was never iconic to be worth bringing back.

5+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard its discussing to bring back dual one handed warriors first. After they have decided the conversation for 2 handed shamans will start.

I think they dont wanted the poor interactions of the "OLD" version of enha with 2 handed weapons, remember, enha on SL right now its just like a TBC -Lich + new spells.