Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    No, they'll be running to the Constitution(s).
    If that was the case they would have gotten laughed out of the state supreme court with the challenge to evers stay at home order. The state constitution is written pretty broadly giving the governor powers in emergencies like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    If that was the case they would have gotten laughed out of the state supreme court with the challenge to evers stay at home order.
    You mean like how Evers' last minute attempt to reschedule the recent election got laughed out of the state supreme court?

You mean like how Evers' last minute attempt to reschedule the recent election got laughed out of the state supreme court?
    Which backfired spectacularly handing control of the state supreme court to the Dems.

You might want to pick the things you gloat over more carefully.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    Are you kidding me? It was a tremendous bitch slap to the Governor and exposed his level of strategic thinking. He goes on Twitter and says that as much as he would like to postpone the election, he doesn't have the authority to do so under the state's constitution. Then, two weeks later, he tries to anyway. The state supremes said "We agree with the Governor... he does not have the authority." It was hilarious. BTW, the Dems were always going to win that election and everybody knew it. It was a primary on their side so turnout was always going to be in their favor.

Which backfired spectacularly handing control of the state supreme court to the Dems.

Um, it gave the GOP a 1 person majority instead of a 2 person majority.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you kidding me? It was a tremendous bitch slap to the Governor and exposed his level of strategic thinking. He goes on Twitter and says that as much as he would like to postpone the election, he doesn't have the authority to do so under the state's constitution. Then, two weeks later, he tries to anyway. The state supremes said "We agree with the Governor... he does not have the authority." It was hilarious. BTW, the Dems were always going to win that election and everybody knew it. It was a primary on their side so turnout was always going to be in their favor.
    I'm sorry, I can't take a flat earther serious when discussing someone elses strategic thinking.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    POsted too soon... the entire GOP is waging war on Public Health Experts.

Barr Threatens to Sic Justice Department on States That Don’t Open on Trump’s Schedule!
    It's all they have. If the GOP can't carry the conspiracy-theory-based lie that opening up now is good, they think they will lose the election. Ironically, as their Dear voters continue to vote against their own interests, the GOP leadership continues to be their own worst enemy (carrying their Dear Leader's flag *hopefully* into their proverbial political grave).

10+ Year Old Account
    If the democrats were going to win regardless, why put people in lines, during a pandemic?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, what an asshole, trying to keep people from dying AND offer an easier way to vote. Fucking dipshit governor, trying to undo all the GOP voter suppression. Glad it worked out in their favor....

You Trumpkins have got to stop thinking what you feel and want is reality. Reality is the head of the CDC giving out recommendations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Yeah, what an asshole, trying to keep people from dying AND offer an easier way to vote.
    I hate to break it too you but covid-19 isn't that deadly.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I hate to break it to you, but you literally have no idea what you're talking about. But it's adorable you believe your *feels* Trump reality....

A flat-earther trying to correct someone else on science, that's hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to break it to you, but you literally have no idea what you're talking about.
    It's commonly reported to be less deadly than a typical flu season. I had it back in November and it was figuratively nothing. 104 year olds in my area have had it and survived. In my opinion, it wasn't worth shutting anything down.

Appears I was wrong,the Supreme Court election just narrowed it to a 4-3 majority,which is still better than 5-2.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    A flat-earther trying to correct someone else on science, that's hilarious.
    OMG that's right...holy shit I forgot this guy was that kind of Trumpster. Wow, only the bestliest people eh....

- - - Updated - - -

It's commonly reported to be less deadly than a typical flu season. I had it back in November and it was figuratively nothing. 104 year olds in my area have had it and survived. In my opinion, it wasn't worth shutting anything down.
    It's NOT less deadly than the common flu. Every scientist is pointing that out. Not to mention that actual numbers tell us your factually wrong (try researching something instead of parroting what you're told to believe). Flu deaths have been surpassed, pro rata, already.

But for someone who already abandons science it was too much to hope...or is the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases someone I shouldn't believe based on your feels and rather adorable anecdotal evidence?

- - - Updated - - -

Appears I was wrong,the Supreme Court election just narrowed it to a 4-3 majority,which is still better than 5-2.
    It was my understanding that the WI Court is actually 3-4 conservative, or put a different way, actually leading left with the newest election.
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-05-11 at 11:28 PM.

OMG that's right...holy shit I forgot this guy was that kind of Trumpster. Wow, only the bestliest people eh....

- - - Updated - - -

It's NOT less deadly than the common flu. Every scientist is pointing that out. Not to mention that actual numbers tell us your factually wrong (try researching something instead of parroting what you're told to believe). Flu deaths have been surpassed, pro rata, already.

But for someone who already abandons science it was too much to hope...or is the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases someone I shouldn't believe based on your feels and rather adorable anecdotal evidence?

- - - Updated - - -

It was my understanding that the WI Court is actually 3-4 conservative, or put a different way, actually leading left with the newest election.
    I found a couple places saying currently 5-2, https://patch.com/wisconsin/milwauke...eme-court-race is one of them.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I found a couple places saying currently 5-2, https://patch.com/wisconsin/milwauke...eme-court-race is one of them.
    Ah, got it (how dare you link something to demonstrate your point!) - thanks for that.

I think I know where I was getting my misinformation - it was regarding the vote in the WI Court on a voter purge issue. The case is currently before them, at 3-3, with this judge being the tie breaker.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you didn’t... based on what, do you believe you had covid in November?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, you didn’t... based on what, do you believe you had covid in November?
    Based on the test they gave me at the VA.

10+ Year Old Account
    You took a covid test in November and tested positive at the VA? Which state are you in?

If you had it in US in November, it’s a big deal. What did they do, when they found out you had it? Did they report it to the feds? This is big...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-05-12 at 01:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what is compelling you to make up this sort of story but its pretty sick.

https://www.who.int/news-room/detail...ine---covid-19
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.