Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    snip
    the next patch is already been on the PTU for several days so its had at least a week to test the stability so it will be implemented on the PU on friday, and even on the current patch the game is more than playable, the only annoying bug was the one that made you walk through walls and stuff but a logout fixes that.

The whole point in the PU is to test the game and slowly get the bugs ironed out, not to have a game that has no bugs or crashes now and then, i dont really encounter any issues that often at all, very rarely get a 30k and only encounter a few annoying bugs at most. Some of the issues people get are to do with thier own computer but it still needs optimising and they do that as much as possible.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Just a cursory glance at their issue council page will give an idea of how buggy the game is.

And to be honest, it has always been a buggy, janky pile of shit. It just seems to be getting worse with time instead of better.

3.9.x has over 5.5k reports ranging from trivial stuff to downright annoying crap https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...a-3/contribute

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Yeah right... Whenever a new shiny comes out your ilk always says that...

Just change NMS/COD/MassEffect with whatever new shiny comes out.

Seems you're the ones sweating year after year for seeing Star Citizen engine do everything you said to be impossible.
    Oh the irony.
    Except release a game.

Look, you and I won't agree on anything with regards to the project and that's fine. We've been arguing in this thread for what... five years now? It all stops when the project is done one way or another.

At the end of the day, we can only look at the facts. And fact is - Chris has ran development into the ground before, underestimated how long it takes to make games, and been kicked off and replaced with competent staff in order to release the game.

So far it seems he's headed on the same road except there's nobody to stop him this time. He doesn't answer to you, me or anyone else. The difference between your camp and mine is that yours is so afraid of holding Chris' feet to the fire and expecting things of him.

The single biggest stroke of luck CIG had was when CryTek lost their employees and CIG could hire them - without them, the project was over a long, long time ago already. It simply wasn't possible.

Chris is a terrible manager and slides around trying to be the next Steve Jobs all the while wanting his revenge on Hollywood for his failed Wing Commander movie. That is what this is about, and it's headed for disaster.

You can tell a lot about a person by examining their background and noticing patterns and habits. And you know what they say, you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Star Citizen as a project is doomed. At the end of the day, I still love you Neo, we just won't get a finished Star Citizen.

Reminder: Please do not embed tons of massive images in the thread, be considerate of those browsing mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    The difference between your camp and mine is
    We like playing Star Citizen and enjoy it's development and you don't and that's frustrating because it was your dream game and now you don't get to enjoy it while others do. To cope with that frustration you feel the need to fabricate all these doomsday theories and fantasy's about Star Citizen development and Chris Roberts for years on end.

Have you tried maybe investing more energy in games that might interest you more? No Man Sky? EvE? Dual Universe? Eliteangerous?

Javelin ship is a THICK boy

It's top and bottom cannon weapons are bigger than many ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Reminder: Please do not embed tons of massive images in the thread, be considerate of those browsing mobile.
    Sorry, I tried to figure out how [Spoiler] tag's work with images with no avail.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2020-05-20 at 03:55 PM.

We like playing Star Citizen and enjoy it's development and you don't and that's frustrating because it was your dream game and now you don't get to enjoy it while others do.
    Oh give me a break. You think that buggy mess that is currently playable is 'enjoying' the game? Also, 'dream game'? Are you trying to project your feelings onto others? I can only speak for myself when there isn't a single game on this Earth that is my 'dream game'. It hasn't been released, it isn't in development and probably never will happen. Any game that gets me 'hype' to play is just another game, it isn't the Messiah coming down from on high to bless me with its presence, it's a game. Even games I've played for years such as EverQuest and WoW were great games, but I don't hold them in the same reverence you seem to do with SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Oh give me a break. You think that buggy mess that is currently playable is 'enjoying' the game? Also, 'dream game'? Are you trying to project your feelings onto others? I can only speak for myself when there isn't a single game on this Earth that is my 'dream game'. It hasn't been released, it isn't in development and probably never will happen. Any game that gets me 'hype' to play is just another game, it isn't the Messiah coming down from on high to bless me with its presence, it's a game. Even games I've played for years such as EverQuest and WoW were great games, but I don't hold them in the same reverence you seem to do with SC.
    Yes, enjoying the game, I don't think I need to post again all the streamers and viewers enjoying the game on Twitch right now do I?
    If you got a better explanation for this somewhat odd obsession with a game one doesn't like and wishing for it to fail for years on end I'm sure we're all ears as it is indeed kinda strange behaviour to say the least.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2020-05-20 at 04:14 PM.

Regarding engines again, Lumberyard is in a pretty bad state too. Watch a guy give up on the newest version:

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, enjoying the game, I don't think I need to post again all the streamers and viewers enjoying the game on Twitch right now do I?
    If you got a better explanation for this somewhat odd obsession with a game one doesn't like and wishing for it to fail for years on end I'm sure we're all ears as it is indeed kinda strange behaviour to say the least.
    Not really. Chris burned us. There's nothing good about Star Citizen for the gaming community and kickstarter projects in general.

Had Chris been a decent guy or left the project entirely it'd be something else. He has a too big of an ego to do that though.

Regarding engines again, Lumberyard is in a pretty bad state too. Watch a guy give up on the newest version:
    They're not working with stock Lumberyard, dude. And his critiques seem more focused on people starting projects on Lumberyard, something CIG isn't doing, they're deep in production and have already done a ton of work to the engine to customize it for their needs.

They're not working with stock Lumberyard, dude. And his critiques seem more focused on people starting projects on Lumberyard, something CIG isn't doing, they're deep in production and have already done a ton of work to the engine to customize it for their needs.
    When you spent so many years invested believing something is doomed (when in fact it keeps thriving) you'll fall into the rabbit hole of abandoning all reason and rational thinking for twisting something, anything that'll make sense to justify that obsession. Ironic from someone complaining about big egos.

The only reason your here is hoping the game will fail, you offer no discussion about anything within the game and bring up the same pointless arguments over and over. There is more than enough enjoying playing SC currently and the true space game fans see the game as it is, where you choose to ignore everything about the game, but in the end you will just be a hypocrite and will play the game once it is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The only reason your here is hoping the game will fail, you offer no discussion about anything within the game and bring up the same pointless arguments over and over. There is more than enough enjoying playing SC currently and the true space game fans see the game as it is, where you choose to ignore everything about the game, but in the end you will just be a hypocrite and will play the game once it is complete.
    Ah resorting to attacking me now, that's cool. Think what you will, I've stated my reasons a few times about why this game isn't for me but I've followed many kickstarter games to see the end results. I spent plenty of time in the legendary Trials of Ascension thread and I view this game in a different light but at the same time, the same light as ToA.

I love the appeal to 'true space game fans' as if you speak for anyone but yourself. If this game was as well loved as you seem to think it is it would be far more popular, have far more of a following and even more money tossed at it. Just because some whales have backed this project does not mean it'll get the mainstream appeal you desire. This game has been in dev hell for years and shows no sign of coming out any time soon.

Do I hope the game fails? Actually, yes. I do. Why? Because they went past the scope of their KS project, turned it into a mess and a money pit. They had to bring on other investors outside of KS backers and so the project is tainted now to me as well. I don't feel they are deserving of the money they have gotten, they aren't apologetic for missing so many deadlines and breaking promises. No. Instead they just keep on filling up the cash shop and shilling for MORE money. Fuck them.

Ah resorting to attacking me now, that's cool. Think what you will, I've stated my reasons a few times about why this game isn't for me but I've followed many kickstarter games to see the end results. I spent plenty of time in the legendary Trials of Ascension thread and I view this game in a different light but at the same time, the same light as ToA.

I love the appeal to 'true space game fans' as if you speak for anyone but yourself. If this game was as well loved as you seem to think it is it would be far more popular, have far more of a following and even more money tossed at it. Just because some whales have backed this project does not mean it'll get the mainstream appeal you desire. This game has been in dev hell for years and shows no sign of coming out any time soon.

Do I hope the game fails? Actually, yes. I do. Why? Because they went past the scope of their KS project, turned it into a mess and a money pit. They had to bring on other investors outside of KS backers and so the project is tainted now to me as well. I don't feel they are deserving of the money they have gotten, they aren't apologetic for missing so many deadlines and breaking promises. No. Instead they just keep on filling up the cash shop and shilling for MORE money. Fuck them.
    Most sci fi games are for a niche community, there are not many active space games with a high playerbase, anything over 250k players for a space game is usually considered good. There is possibly a few million just waiting until its more complete but over 2.5 million are interested in it.

If your only interest is seeing the game fail then your never going to provide anything contructive and just bumping up your post count for the sake of it.

Space games are in limited supply and none offer or will ever offer what star citizen currently offers and will offer in the future, not many companies open up at all about development so you dont know if other companies are better and with recent games that have been released they are infact not any better, it doesnt matter at all how much it costs as long as its made.

I did not state that CIG specifically worked with stock Lumberyard. I'm pointing out that the engine is difficult to work with and it isn't precisely top quality today.

We all know why CIG went CryEngine and then to Lumberyard - it's for the pretty graphics, the immersion and the imagination of all the backers so they throw money at the screen. Meanwhile, they can't piece together any properly working game.

Chris had access to evaluation versions of upcoming game engines too. He sacrificed everything for graphics and now he can't finish the project.

- - - Updated - - -

When you spent so many years invested believing something is doomed (when in fact it keeps thriving) you'll fall into the rabbit hole of abandoning all reason and rational thinking for twisting something, anything that'll make sense to justify that obsession. Ironic from someone complaining about big egos.
    What's your definition of "thriving" there? The roadmap is in the worst state it's been for months, staggered development being a massive failure and even Spectrum being full of rage and memes every week to the point where you'd suspect everyone was a Derek Smart alt.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/s...-may-15th-2020
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/s...p-may-8th-2020
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/s...pril-24th-2020
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/s...ry-28th-2020-1

That's not precisely what I call a thriving project. I read the updates religiously every week though and I LOVE it!

snip
    The updates are only a small portion of whats actually being done, they are not giving much information on SQ42 on purpose so noone knows how much is completed. There is already a working version of the game atm, it may not be perfect but it works, your obvious hate clouds any reasonable judgement you have on the game, if all companies had some level of open development then they would not be that much better, and to have to build up a company from the ground up and develop a game is many times more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The updates are only a small portion of whats actually being done, they are not giving much information on SQ42 on purpose so noone knows how much is completed. There is already a working version of the game atm, it may not be perfect but it works, your obvious hate clouds any reasonable judgement you have on the game, if all companies had some level of open development then they would not be that much better, and to have to build up a company from the ground up and develop a game is many times more difficult.
    We're getting a SQ42 video soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing at CIG that is "thriving" are your bosses Chris and Sandys bank account.

Let me know when this 8 years into development "MMO" can handle more than 50 people before it shits itself. And can you ask your boss when were getting more systems? 1 is a lot lower than "thousands".

Throwing money at a project does not make it successful. If anything, Star Citizen is an indication of that.

develop vigorously
    ROFL.