Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Are you shitting me? You're going to go after a poster with personal attacks, highlightning posts they made SIX YEARS ago? And holy shit Star Citizen is STILL overrated and not released. Fucking shocker!
    It's beautiful. Mr.A is doing god's work and doesn't even realise it

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    It's beautiful. Mr.A is doing god's work and doesn't even realise it
    I know if I was a diehard SC fanatic I sure as fuck wouldn't link a post from six years ago pointing out Star Citizen as overrated. It does nothing but make SC look like more of a joke than it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    . Now I get negative feedback and snarks at the game from occasional posters but again, to keep going round and round, year after year is just mindboggling.
    Don't you actually feel there is reason for that? And you are actually acting that SC fans here want to discuss problematic development at all. Whole development breeds toxicity. Again, just go read spectrum. In moment, someone is not happy with development, it's stomped by fanboys. But you are saying "just don't discuss it and move on - oh you spent hundreds and thousand dollars on this game? Yea, just move on" ..

In moment, you are selling access to your game, it's fair game. And noone, including you, is in position to tell others what and how they should discuss development.

LOL, name a game then.
    *crickets*

All bark, no bite.

Nice try. But you cannot play the innocent. You're well aware of the revisionism
    Not really, care to elucidate us?

Really? so selling 3.5 million copies of the base game and approximately 1.75 million copies of the expansion is failing to pick up steam?
    Yes putting a product for sale for 50$, losing half of it's customers when an expansion releases and then having to lower the price for 10$ to boost game sales while and changing from a big seasonally update per year to small QOL patches is failing to pick up steam. That's why it's all time peak player dates back to 2015.

No!! A single comment from 6 years ago means I am and always will be a fanboy. For someone who said they don't hold grudges your actions seem to argue otherwise.. Keep 'em coming, I'm fucking dying here...
    There's more from where that came from, you've probably forgot what you wrote back then so you'll have a lot to catch up.

Are you shitting me? You're going to go after a poster with personal attacks, highlightning posts they made SIX YEARS ago? And holy shit Star Citizen is STILL overrated and not released. Fucking shocker!
    Personal attacks? Calling him a elite fanboy is not a personal attack. Why wouldn't I use publicly available posts from 6 years ago as evidence to showcase my point? Don't you guys love to bring back 6 year old quotes from Chris Roberts to attack it?

Star Citizen was so overrated back in 2014 that went on to become the biggest crowdfunding venture in the world, spanning game studios across the globe, hiring major Hollywood actors to star, making partnership deals with Intel, AMD, NVDIA & Amazon and becoming the space game with the most player engagement on the biggest gaming streaming platform while generating millions per year while still being only in alpha stage.

I guess that's where all that envy and bitterness comes from.

LOL, name a game then..
    Elite Dangerous, more to do in SC now in one system than the whole of what ED has, having 400 billion systems means nothing when there is little or no content in them.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Personal attacks? Calling him a elite fanboy is not a personal attack. Why wouldn't I use publicly available posts from 6 years ago as evidence to showcase my point? Don't you guys love to bring back 6 year old quotes from Chris Roberts to attack it?

Star Citizen was so overrated back in 2014 that went on to become the biggest crowdfunding venture in the world, spanning game studios across the globe, hiring major Hollywood actors to star, making partnership deals with Intel, AMD, NVDIA & Amazon and becoming the space game with the most player engagement on the biggest gaming streaming platform while generating millions per year while still being only in alpha stage.

It is still a personal attack to go digging around for a 6 year old post and use it as fuel for your attack, You are being direct in pointing out this to a poster. Guess we'll see what the mods say about it though.

and yet here we are in 2020 with SC still being overrated and not released. My point stands, you can see it a different way, that's fine.

Envy and bitterness? I dunno why you feel the need to go that direction every time. It is like people calling someone jealous when that person talks about the salary a professional athlete makes. No, they are just calling someone overpaid because of the production they are putting out, they don't really give a flying fuck about the personal life or whatever of that person. You just constantly do this stuff to try and deflect from negative attention SC gets. I get it, but it doesn't work and it just makes the game look worse when people are so quick to resort to personal attacks and insults to 'defend' a multimillion dollar enterprise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Elite Dangerous, more to do in SC now in one system than the whole of what ED has, having 400 billion systems means nothing when there is little or no content in them.
    Is that before or after the game crashes multiple times? Is that before or after the game implodes when over 50 people.

LOL. Nice try at baiting Kenn.

Come on, list off some other games.

It is still a personal attack to go digging around for a 6 year old post and use it as fuel for your attack, You are being direct in pointing out this to a poster. Guess we'll see what the mods say about it though.
    Doesn't matter if I quote a 1 day post or a 6 year old post, It's not a personal attack quoting other users you know. You guys are not used to being called out on your hypocrisy that's all but to attack Star Citizen or it's dev's anything goes right? Even making up fantasy doomsday theories or misrepresent official quotes to suit your narrative.

Is that before or after the game crashes multiple times? Is that before or after the game implodes when over 50 people.
    That's precious since you'll have way more trouble gathering all 50 people in the same instance and maintain them there in Elite than in Star Citizen.

You guys are not used to being called out on your hypocrisy that's all but to attack Star Citizen or it's dev's anything goes right? Even making up fantasy doomsday theories or misrepresent official quotes to suit your narrative.
    Big difference in calling out a game or devs vs digging around for six year old posts someone made. The fact that I even have to spell this out is fucking mind blowing.

Who needs to make a doomsday theory? The overrated Star Citizen has been in dev hell for YEARS and still has not released. Missed multiple deadlines, fails so hard at deadlines they stopped putting out deadlines because they suck at meeting goals they set. You'll then talk about how you're playing the game, and big fucking deal there, I've seen enough of the vids people linked to show how janky and unstable the current patch is, it is hilarious. That is the current reality of the game, not a doomsday theory.

Not really, care to elucidate us?
    No need is there.

Yes putting a product for sale for 50$, losing half of it's customers when an expansion releases and then having to lower the price for 10$ to boost game sales while and changing from a big seasonally update per year to small QOL patches is failing to pick up steam. That's why it's all time peak player dates back to 2015.
    In your esteened armchair economist opinon what is the normal uptake on expansions for these sort of games? 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%?
    Perhaps you forget but what you call a big seasonally update was in fact comprised of quarterly patches and in that respect nothing has changed, they still put out 3-4 major patches per year. So yeah, I don't know what else to say about that.

For someone who claims they have nothing against Elite or its fans you sure do try hard to be dismissive and look down on it Again, your actions and words are conflicting.

There's more from where that came from, you've probably forgot what you wrote back then so you'll have a lot to catch up.
    Yes I have forgotten. It was 6 years ago! Of course I have forgotten. But if digging "dirt" on posters gets you off then by all means bring them up if you feel it helps your case.

Coming from a person looking for fuel 6 years in soneone's past no less

LOL. Nice try at baiting Kenn.

Come on, list off some other games.
    SC offers gameplay equal to several games all in one, COD gameplay, space gameplay, ground gameplay, RP gameplay, full single player campaign, and much more.

most of the time crashes and stuff are rare you mostly see the issue after a patch, and many reasons you get a crash is because you have a potato running the game, but who said the alpha was meant to be smooth and bug free.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-05-27 at 04:53 PM.

SC offers gameplay equal to several games all in one, COD gameplay, space gameplay, ground gameplay, RP gameplay, full single player campaign, and much more.
    Lol sure maybe if it was a completed game, right now it is a buggy mess that looks boring as hell. To each their own of course but if this game was as groundbreakingly amazing as you seem to think it was, it'd be way more popular, you think?

Yet you still didn't list any specific games.

Compared to which games though? You claim that Star Citizen's 10% is better than other games' 100% so give examples.

Is it better than Witcher 3? World of Warcraft? Path of Exile? EVE Online? Skyrim? Red Dead Redemption 2? Dark Souls?

There's lots of games out there, it can't be too hard to come up with some examples.

Lol sure maybe if it was a completed game, right now it is a buggy mess that looks boring as hell. To each their own of course but if this game was as groundbreakingly amazing as you seem to think it was, it'd be way more popular, you think?

Yet you still didn't list any specific games.
    Space games are a niche as it is, so having 2.7 million interested in it is more than good.

You want some games ED, COD, PUBG, the list can go on easily, even what SC is now is at least equal or better than 100% released games in terms of things to do.

Compared to which games though? You claim that Star Citizen's 10% is better than other games' 100% so give examples.

Is it better than Witcher 3? World of Warcraft? Path of Exile? EVE Online? Skyrim? Red Dead Redemption 2? Dark Souls?

There's lots of games out there, it can't be too hard to come up with some examples.
    Im talking about what it offers not if whats a better game as thats subjective, but i would say WoW is a bad game as its terrible and boring offering no challenge and i played it 10 years and the gameplay is essentially the same as vanilla.

SC offers more than what RDR2, dark souls, and other games, but those games offer different things and are mostly just doing the same thing over and over.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-05-27 at 05:05 PM.

most of the time crashes and stuff are rare you mostly see the issue after a patch, and many reasons you get a crash is because you have a potato running the game, but who said the alpha was meant to be smooth and bug free.
    Dude there are SC fans in this very thread that have warned this patch was a buggy mess. I don't think they are on a potato either. @Val the Moofia Boss want to chime in here?

- - - Updated - - -

Space games are a niche as it is, so having 2.7 million interested in it is more than good.

You want some games ED, COD, PUBG, the list can go on easily, even what SC is now is at least equal or better than 100% released games.
    So you are saying SC is equal to or better than PUBG and COD? Really? You'll die on that hill defending SC?
    And if SC was as amazing as you seem to think it is the game would have more than 2.7 million interested in it. It doesn't though, it is just an ongoing cautionary tale of feature creep and failure to release.

- - - Updated - - -

You want some games ED, COD, PUBG, the list can go on easily, even what SC is now is at least equal or better than 100% released games in terms of things to do.
    I just had to quote this twice because it slays me.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster0 View Post
    Red Dead comparisons are irrelevant as R* used their own funding and/or were privately funded.
    They are also utterly wrong because kenn9530's genius claim about how RDR2 cost more in salaries alone is based on the premise that the game took six years to develop and that 1600 people all Rockstar studios worked on it, which supposedly amounts to 100 million a year for just salaries. Which doesn't take into account things like how all studios did not work on RDR2 throughout the entirety of the six years of its development (it's almost as if between the start of RDR2's development and its release Rockstar also released GTAV and GTA Online, which until its own release was the primary focus of the company with only Rockstar San Diego working on RDR2 at that point) or the fact that quite a lot of these 1600 people were hired contractors that were in on a project only to do a specific job and then were gone instead of being on the company's payroll for the six years of development straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Dude there are SC fans in this very thread that have warned this patch was a buggy mess. I don't think they are on a potato either. @Val the Moofia Boss want to chime in here?

- - - Updated - - -

So you are saying SC is equal to or better than PUBG and COD? Really? You'll die on that hill defending SC?
    And if SC was as amazing as you seem to think it is the game would have more than 2.7 million interested in it. It doesn't though, it is just an ongoing cautionary tale of feature creep and failure to release.

- - - Updated - - -

I just had to quote this twice because it slays me.
    Im talking about what the game offers the players to do, the almost 2.7 million is players who have purchased at least the starter package, free to play accounts dont add up in the score.

I have very few issues bar the initial few days a new patch is launched, can play several hours straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    They are also utterly wrong because kenn9530's genius claim about how RDR2 cost more in salaries alone is based on the premise that the game took six years to develop and that 1600 people all Rockstar studios worked on it, which supposedly amounts to 100 million a year for just salaries. Which doesn't take into account things like how all studios did not work on RDR2 throughout the entirety of the six years of its development (it's almost as if between the start of RDR2's development and its release Rockstar also released GTAV and GTA Online, which until its own release was the primary focus of the company with only Rockstar San Diego working on RDR2 at that point) or the fact that quite a lot of these 1600 people were hired contractors that were in on a project only to do a specific job and then were gone instead of being on the company's payroll for the six years of development straight.
    Since where did it state they just hired contractors of which would cost them even more than using current staff they already have, they made a large team of 1600 and the company have well over 2k staff so it doesnt make much sense to hire more than a small amount of contractors since they are not cost effective.

Even if only half the 1600 were full time on RDR2 that would be at least 240 million in salary at a low 50k salary average. Thgen add 100 million marketing since they spent that much on GTA5 at least.

Any studios over 500 staff are going to spend a ton developing a game regardless.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-05-27 at 05:22 PM.

Im talking about what the game offers the players to do, the almost 2.7 million is players who have purchased at least the starter package, free to play accounts dont add up in the score.

I have very few issues bar the initial few days a new patch is launched, can play several hours straight.
    I see you edited your quote, a bit after the fact of course but it doesn't matter. You were asked to compare SC to other games that you view as SC being equal to or better than and you rattled off some titles. NOW you try and walk that back and say it is about 'what the game offers the players to do'. Yeah no. That isn't what you were asked and it is fucking wrong anyways.

You are trying to say something like "CoD is just about running around a small map shooting people" or something like that right? So little gameplay! Yet how many millions of people play that game? Want to compare twitch numbers? That'll be a fun one. SC is not in the same league of PubG or CoD and for you to try and make the claim it was is fucking laughable.

In your esteened armchair economist opinon what is the normal uptake on expansions for these sort of games? 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%?
    In any business recently launched losing half of it's costumers in the first year is a sign of failing to pick up steam. It's not rocket science. The launch made lacklustre numbers and was aggravated by the desperate plan of launching the planetary landings DLC with the same price of the base game which backfired and sold poorly. After that lacklustre update after update and change of focus went to consoles to recoup some of the losses culminating with the cancellation of an official PVP competition and maintenance mode by a skeleton crew while they focused on other IP's. Oh and ofc selling 9% of the company to the Chinese Tencent to get some capital injection.

Perhaps you forget but what you call a big seasonally update was in fact comprised of quarterly patches and in that respect nothing has changed, they still put out 3-4 major patches per year. So yeah, I don't know what else to say about that.
    Their original plan, as you might be recalled, was to have a big paid seasonal update every year which was abandoned after the Horizons (2015) fiasco mentioned above. The last seasonal update called Beyond only came in 2018 and free of charge to try to get back some sympathy from the community.

Yes I have forgotten. It was 6 years ago! Of course I have forgotten. But if digging "dirt" on posters gets you off then by all means bring them up if you feel it helps your case.
    Why would you think your opinions are "dirt"? It's public information and I'm sure if you wrote it on a public forum is because you don't mind other people reading it.

You prefer Elite to Star Citizen and that's your opinion and a valid one just like me preferring Star Citizen is also valid. Nothing to be ashamed of but it's also pertinent to the discussion since it shows a bit of where all that negative bias against Star Citizen comes from.

Coming from a person looking for fuel 6 years in soneone's past no less
    How many times you went back looking for 6 year old quotes from Chris Roberts or dev's talking about him to attack his persona or the project of Star Citizen?