Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen...his_game_is_8/

This is some Kenn-level propaganda right here, haha. Showing a picture with 20 people in it from 2015 and playing it off as it is entire CIG.

Meanwhile, and for those of us who remember, CIG had 260+ devs back then.

CIG fans will do anything to try to paint the project in a good light even if it means being disingenuous and then they upvote each other.

Also, what happened to tbe SQ42 video? Haven't seen a peep about it. Did the date come and go with nothing(as usual) or what is going on?
    Did you read the comments? Almost all the top comments are calling out OP for how misleading the picture is, repeatedly linking to CIG sources confirming 250+ staffers + contractors at the time.

I mean, your post is about as silly and misleading as theirs is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    holy shit

I completely forgot that food and a water was a thing, mainly because 1. it's bugged half the time so it always stays at 100%, and 2. I died bounty hunting often enough that I respawned at 100% anyway.

I'm trying to make money. No point in bothering with trading, mining, or even deliveries, as the servers continue to 30k and make my time invested in those activities all for naught. So I've stuck to 10k and 12k Eckhart bounties and 10k ECN alerts around Hurston. Making 10k aUEC for about 5 to 10 minutes of work. Did this for a few hours. Then some guy in chat talks about how he is making 20k every 5 minutes doing the coordinated takedown missions. He said look in the personal tab for them, but I didn't see them. I then remembered that Ruto offered the "Two in the Head" mission, which was around 30k each. So I went back to Crusader and opened my personal tab to try to find Ruto's introductory mission. Didn't see it. So I then thought "we;;, I guess I need to do an illicit mission to see it?". So then I did the illicit delivery mission for the Dusters. Opened my personal tab. Still no Ruto mission.

"Well, I guess maybe I need to have crimestat to see it?". So I went back to Hurston and did the Prison Transport raid mission. While I was inside, a NPC Valkyrie jumped in and blew up my ship before I could get to it, leaving me stranded on board. By this point I had crimestat 4, so if I died I'd spend a whole day in prison. I spent the next twenty minutes PMing randos in global chat offering them 15k to come pick me up and take me to GRIM Hex.

And then my thirst alert popped up: I had 40% thirst left and dropping fast.

I eventually found a willing guy, but we had to wait five minutes for him to reclaim his ship. And then another 5 minutes for him to find his ship as he wandered around the hangers. And then another 5 minutes to leave Hurston's atmosphere and to QT to me. 28% left. Got on board the ship. QTing to Grim Hex. During this time, I try everything I can to stave off death: taking off my heavy armor, using the sleep emote. It ticks down at the same rate. We arrive at Crusader. 17% left. Arrive at Grim hex. Entered the airlock. 4% left...

I kept spamming the quick buy button but it didn't work! Waited ten seconds for it to work! I drank the water at 20 seconds to live or so. Spent five minutes drinking water, went through three waters before I capped off at 100%. Only had to eat a single MRE to get back to 95%.

Lesson learned: never go anywhere without food and water.

Now, I still need to try to get that coordinated takedown mission... does anyone know how to get it? Ruto's missions still aren't appearing in my personal tab, and when I got talk to his machine down in GRIM Hex, he doesn't have anything to say to me. @kenn9530 do you know how? I also asked in the Star Citizen discord and didn't get a reply either.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yay, my personal inventory of food and water persists through multiple logins! So I don't need to spend five minutes deteouring to buy food and water every time I log in now. Nice fix.

I see beacons haven't been fixed yet. I made my personal contract beacon 3 times and the guy who graciously transported me never saw it, so I couldn't pay him his due.
    God, that sounds awful. I hate survival elements in games and really prefer when they let you turn that stuff off like in Subnautica. This game might just be a pass for me in this case. Shame, it looked interesting if you could get past the confusing stuff.

SC is still stuck in a development swamp, years to come before it finally (maybe?) see the light of release

ED has been release a long time ago, as well as a 1st Xpac and preparing it's 2nd....

yeah, totally differents games

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Did you read the comments? Almost all the top comments are calling out OP for how misleading the picture is, repeatedly linking to CIG sources confirming 250+ staffers + contractors at the time.

I mean, your post is about as silly and misleading as theirs is.
    Bro, I am in those comments and one of those is my comment.

For context, I saw it when it had relatively no criticism and only upvotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Okay so the limit to become a MMO in your dictionary is between 32 and 50. If you ask me that's still low for a SPACE MMO. Like, there are 50 persons on the same planet as you ? Yeah huge-ass realistic planet
    I didnt say star citizen fulfilled the requirements to be an MMO currently but is working to implement the universe as one, but currently its still more MMO like than ED is.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    And yet, getting 40 people to raid is a nightmare...
    In star citizen there are many that want to be just part of a crew and would jump at the chance to crew a large ship, my org has over 20k members so when the game is complete there will no shortage of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    *In theory

Their servers can't handle more then 50 remember?
    Its not a theory they wouldnt be working on the tech if it cant be done, the current server can handle the whole stanton system with the hundreds of AI and massive cities along with players.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I have both installed, I played a lot of hours in ED. Recently I started up SC again to see in what state it is currently - there's no game inside. Just a couple of separate modes for you to be thrust into with no goal and a sense of progression. It's in alpha state. Horrible UX/UI and no introduction, ok, I'm in the game - where do I go, what do I do, why am I here? I have no reason to play it at all (not to mention with other players) and no reason to google the answers. Great character creator though..
    and to me ED has no game, there is nothing interesting to do in it, and there are plenty videos you can watch for beginners and SQ42 will be a way to learn the game also, there is no need for a game to tell you what to do.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-06-04 at 10:33 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    God, that sounds awful. I hate survival elements in games and really prefer when they let you turn that stuff off like in Subnautica. This game might just be a pass for me in this case. Shame, it looked interesting if you could get past the confusing stuff.
    Survival mechanics...

Ugh... I hate them.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    I didnt say star citizen fulfilled the requirements to be an MMO currently but is working to implement the universe as one, but currently its still more MMO like than ED is.

In star citizen there are many that want to be just part of a crew and would jump at the chance to crew a large ship, my org has over 20k members so when the game is complete there will no shortage of players.

Its not a theory they wouldnt be working on the tech if it cant be done, the current server can handle the whole stanton system with the hundreds of AI and massive cities along with players.

and to me ED has no game, there is nothing interesting to do in it, and there are plenty videos you can watch for beginners and SQ42 will be a way to learn the game also, there is no need for a game to tell you what to do.
    Because tech has never failed to be implemented into a game, never ever. Why I regularly move my WoW garrison around Draenor before stopping into the dance studio.

Because tech has never failed to be implemented into a game, never ever. Why I regularly move my WoW garrison around Draenor before stopping into the dance studio.
    They are working on the tech that would give the best results, its not the only option to create a single shard universe.

They are working on the tech that would give the best results, its not the only option to create a single shard universe.
    And I'm working on the tech that will safely remove the CiG control chip that keeps you defending them. I'll let you know when it's done.

And I'm working on the tech that will safely remove the CiG control chip that keeps you defending them. I'll let you know when it's done.
    They are making the game that most of us want, if your not interested in playing it why waste your time complaining when it serves no purpose.

They are making the game that most of us want, if your not interested in playing it why waste your time complaining when it serves no purpose.
    Oh I'm not complaining. I just want to make sure your information is correct. You think such a staunch defender of Star Citizen wouldn't want to give incorrect information or put the game in a false light. If the game turns out great I'd be happy to play it when it releases in 20XX.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A game must tell you what you CAN do. I didn't need youtube videos to start playing ED, I didn't need a tutorial. "Here's a ship, here's a galaxy: explore, trade, kill, progress", pretty simple, like the original - if you are not into games like that - that's fine - it's not the game's problem. But it is a complete game.

SC was also based on the original idea of Wing Commander (SQ42) and Privateer but in a persistent online galaxy (like ED). That was the original pitch. That's what Chris Roberts was there for. They started just fine - they made ships and hangar and you could fly in a ship from a hangar. But then it all went south, SQ42 got delayed, they added shooter gameplay, on foot MMO, etc. and the game has never left the alpha state. For 7 years now.

So if you are not into MP skirmishes with randoms be it on foot or in space (this is not the game they promised btw) - there's nothing to do. You login into the MMO hub with your character and what? What are you supposed to do? You don't know where you are, what you can do, what you are supposed to do, and most importantly why you want to do it. Where do you go? YouTube? Great "game".
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Darn

Really wish that when you disconnected from a server while in a party, you got a five minute grace period to log back in with your spot in the server still reserved for you.

I was showing a new player around, how to use a star map, how to do missions, guiding him to a station so we could heal him up and get him food, how to restock, etc, when I got stuck and had to relog to try to fix the problem. Then, when I tried logging back in, the server was already full (50 people, when I left it became 49/50, apparently it filled right back up right before I could log back in to it), so I couldn't join him on that server. I can't even PM him from the main menu screen either, so for all he knows I said "brb relogging" and then I just stiffed him.

A game must tell you what you CAN do. I didn't need youtube videos to start playing ED, I didn't need a tutorial. "Here's a ship, here's a galaxy: explore, trade, kill, progress", pretty simple, like the original - if you are not into games like that - that's fine - it's not the game's problem. But it is a complete game.

SC was also based on the original idea of Wing Commander (SQ42) and Privateer but in a persistent online galaxy (like ED). That was the original pitch. That's what Chris Roberts was there for. They started just fine - they made ships and hangar and you could fly in a ship from a hangar. But then it all went south, SQ42 got delayed, they added shooter gameplay, on foot MMO, etc. and the game has never left the alpha state. For 7 years now.

So if you are not into MP skirmishes with randoms be it on foot or in space (this is not the game they promised btw) - there's nothing to do. You login into the MMO hub with your character and what? What are you supposed to do? You don't know where you are, what you can do, what you are supposed to do, and most importantly why you want to do it. Where do you go? YouTube? Great "game".
    There is a fair amount of variety of things to do in SC currently, just find something to earn money then you can upgrade your ship or even buy a different one, everyone has at least the free freelancer so you can choose what you want to do. In SC you choose what you want to do.

The origional game was more like freelancer 2.0, would of been limited planet zones but full ship and station interiors, but the game would be limited multiplayer. It probably would of been as good or better than origional freelancer but it would have limited replay value, I would rather wait longer for the MMO version that could potentionally keep you playing for years instead of getting bored after 100 plus hours.

Oh I'm not complaining. I just want to make sure your information is correct. You think such a staunch defender of Star Citizen wouldn't want to give incorrect information or put the game in a false light. If the game turns out great I'd be happy to play it when it releases in 20XX.
    Server meshing basically means your in your own bubble and that server just needs to load whats around you, if someone gets close to you they join the same bubble and if they are a certain distance away they have thier own bubble but you can see and interact with them.

A stepping stop towards server meshing will have servers in fixed locations so you just leave one and join the next while travelling to another planet, this step is similar to what Duel Universe does in its game. Since they are with AWS they have as many servers as they want access too.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-06-05 at 08:27 AM.

Server meshing basically means your in your own bubble and that server just needs to load whats around you, if someone gets close to you they join the same bubble and if they are a certain distance away they have thier own bubble but you can see and interact with them.

A stepping stop towards server meshing will have servers in fixed locations so you just leave one and join the next while travelling to another planet, this step is similar to what Duel Universe does in its game. Since they are with AWS they have as many servers as they want access too.
    Cool. Doesn't mean anything when the servers can't handle an ship that requires 80 people. Let alone two of them.

Cool. Doesn't mean anything when the servers can't handle an ship that requires 80 people. Let alone two of them.
    Currently the PU is one server per instance, but that server has to load everything that all the players can see from hundreds of AI to the massive cities, the servers will be more than fine when its only dealing with its own areas.

A game must tell you what you CAN do. I didn't need youtube videos to start playing ED
    A alpha game in development doesn't because it's pointless to make a tutorial before all the pieces are in place. If you do it will become outdated in the next patch and be a waste of time.

ED got a tutorial overhaul 5 years after release because many players never played past the initial stage. For a lot of time most it's players had never bought a new ship.

SC was also based on the original idea of Wing Commander (SQ42) and Privateer but in a persistent online galaxy (like ED). That was the original pitch.
    It wasn't. Chris Roberts explicitly said he didin't want to "make any old game". (2:10s)

You login into the MMO hub with your character and what? What are you supposed to do?
    You do what's expected In a alpha enviroment. You test features and report bugs. If you want to treat an alpha as a released game but aren't willing to learn how it works that's on you alone.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    A alpha game in development doesn't because it's pointless to make a tutorial before all the pieces are in place. If you do it will become outdated in the next patch and be a waste of time.

ED got a tutorial overhaul 5 years after release because many players never played past the initial stage. For a lot of time most it's players had never bought a new ship.

It wasn't. Chris Roberts explicitly said he didin't want to "make any old game". (2:10s)

You do what's expected In a alpha enviroment. You test features and report bugs. If you want to treat an alpha as a released game but aren't willing to learn how it works that's on you alone.
    Like the buggy event... my god that was frustrating at times.

Currently the PU is one server per instance, but that server has to load everything that all the players can see from hundreds of AI to the massive cities, the servers will be more than fine when its only dealing with its own areas.
    You hope. You have no idea if they will or not. I'm sure the massive team building the biggest and bestest game evar! will be able to figure it out. We should see a release date sometime this decade right?

So, the date came and went for the SQ42 video and CIG is quiet as usual.

The video was "done" in May.

When will CIG stop lying?