Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster0 View Post
    This appears to be your go-to for people you dislike. Randomly accuse them of lying.
    You just dont like the truth do you, but you like to make up your own truths also.

Saying a game is never going to release and there is no other gamers that would purchase the game is blatent lying,
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You just dont like the truth do you, but you like to make up your own truths also.

Saying a game is never going to release and there is no other gamers that would purchase the game is blatent lying,
    Oh I see, you're having a moment. Throwing around wild accusations to all and sundry.

Majestic12 did not say it is never going to release, nor did he say no other gamers would purchase it.

He said there is no incentive for them to release it and if they do it will be a last resort kind of thing. FTR I actually disagree with this comment.
    And he said there is no legion of gamers waiting to buy.

Oh I see, you're having a moment. Throwing around wild accusations to all and sundry.

Majestic12 did not say it is never going to release, nor did he say no other gamers would purchase it.

He said there is no incentive for them to release it and if they do it will be a last resort kind of thing. FTR I actually disagree with this comment.
    And he said there is no legion of gamers waiting to buy.
    He has said on multiple occasions SC wont get out of alpha and the players who are interested in the game have already bought it, it is obvious lying at that point.

Im not saying SC will double the playerbase just because of a full release but there will be a large number of players that will be interested in the game when its ready.

This appears to be your go-to for people you dislike. Randomly accuse them of lying.
    Or the other guy calling them 'haters' and attacking years old posts they made. I wish I could live in this dream world they have where the game they back can do no wrong and everything the company does is perfect. I'm just not wired that way, I see the good and bad in most things and there is far too much bad in this years old kickstarted 'game'. But for some of those people? Perfection, can do no wrong. Have nothing bad or critical to say about the development, the team behind it. Nothing. It is funny really.

- - - Updated - - -

He has said on multiple occasions SC wont get out of alpha and the players who are interested in the game have already bought it, it is obvious lying at that point.
    Can you prove it is a lie though? SC is in alpha. None of us know if it will ever get out of alpha.

- - - Updated - - -

Im not saying SC will double the playerbase just because of a full release but there will be a large number of players that will be interested in the game when its ready.
    Again, can you prove this? This ASSUMES a full release happens. Will there be a large number of players willing to jump into what will be a game where they start at a huge disadvantage to cash shop warriors? I dunno about that. This game is a niche, the development is a cautionary tale to some. Will there be people to play it? Perhaps. Perhaps not as many as you think. And this ASSUMES the game actually releases to a completed state, which is so far off it is laughable to assume a large number of players will flock to it.

So just ignore him!

When the game is ready. That could be five, six or more years from now. Hell, they could be bringing out the Playstation 6 and XBOX Series X2 and Star Citizen is still trundling along in its alpha/early access state with three unfinished solar systems under its belt.
    One cannot say there will be a large number of players interested when the finished product is so far away. Starfield might steal the waiting space gamers or people might just forget about it because it has taken so long to leave alpha/early access.

The forum rules are about constructive posts, what is not constructive is saying the same thing over and over again for at least the past 2 years, your just talking BS about things you have no clue about.
    So exactly what you have been doing this entire thread.

They are already using the amazon servers as it is so not anymore than it costs right now.
    So you're telling me that what they are currently paying "RIGHT NOW" for server costs will not go up at all once they get ready to launch? Please let me know their secret because a lot of gaming companies would love to have this magic deal. Before you come at me with they have a deal bullshit, even with a deal I would guarantee that their server costs will go up from "right now" when they launch, because if the server costs don't go up from right now then they are wasting a ton of money on servers they are not using.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    So exactly what you have been doing this entire thread.
    Heh he's been saying the same thing over and over for almost five years, big difference! LOL looking at his first post in the thread was funny as hell too.

What a glorious shitshow we gonna witness when this whole pyramid collapses, can't wait

Actually there is no profit in development since all the money that comes in goes straight to development costs, there is still plenty of players to still sell the game to, many players buy games on release day.

Your just blatently lying just because you dont like the company.

Without chris there is nothing for you to complain about as noone else would be making a game like SC for a long time, but i bet you will still be playing the game when it is released.
    You're just making shit up at this point. "Many players buy games on release day" - Really? At the same time you run around saying stuff like this:

If you want a space game then SC is the only true one being made and you would be waiting even longer for anyone to try especially since space MMO genre is a niche market.
    Most sci fi games are for a niche community, there are not many active space games with a high playerbase, anything over 250k players for a space game is usually considered good.
    So which is it, are spaces games made for niche communities/playerbases or are there legions of players waiting to just buy Star Citizen from out of the blue?

You do realize I can easily go back and show what you've written, right?

You're just going to spin anything into something that looks good for Star Citizen even if it means contradicting your earlier stances.

And don't come at me with the "Star Citizen is MORE than a Space Game!" cultist stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    This theory of yours has a lot of flaws simply because you're making assumptions and stating them as facts when reality tells otherwise.
    Let's go over it point by point then:

• Feature creep is a fact, we went over that on the previous page where Odeezee got blasted to oblivion and Kenn failed to dispel any of the 3 features listed.
    • CIG has stated that they WILL stop selling ships once the game goes live., which is their main source of income.
    • Space games ARE made for a niche market in the first place, especially Star Citizen.
    • Star Citizen and/or Squadron 42 will be PC only, unlike say E.D which is available on consoles as well.
    • Backers have essentially pre-purchased the game.

Do you disagree with any of the listed above?

You could argue that CIG will go back on their word(like with LTI for example), but you have not made this argument.

Skins will never touch the amount of cash flow that selling ships, tanks, land claims etc have brought in - you know this too.

Therefore, with simple logic, it's easy to conclude that CIG don't want to leave this stage, because they won't be able to pay the bills effectively, if at all.

Sounds to me like the theory has a solid base after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pury View Post
    What a glorious shitshow we gonna witness when this whole pyramid collapses, can't wait
    Hear, hear. Save yourself while you can and stay away from the project.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    snip
    you just make up the BS as you go dont you, niche just means for a certain playerbase it doesnt mean that playerbase is small.

When the game is ready. That could be five, six or more years from now. Hell, they could be bringing out the Playstation 6 and XBOX Series X2 and Star Citizen is still trundling along in its alpha/early access state with three unfinished solar systems under its belt.
    One cannot say there will be a large number of players interested when the finished product is so far away. Starfield might steal the waiting space gamers or people might just forget about it because it has taken so long to leave alpha/early access.
    Single player space games are not an issue for SC, especially from bethesda. Creating the 100 solar systems is not any issue as they can create a basic working system of planets within an hour as is already proven. We are not going to see 100 solar systems in beta they wont give players access to the whole universe until release, evocati at most may get access since they will be under NDA, in beta at most i guess 10 star systems.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-06-10 at 05:06 PM.

Single player space games are not an issue for SC, especially from bethesda.
    It is competition for Squadron 42 though. My point is, we do not know what might arrive on the scene in the next few years.

Creating the 100 solar systems is not any issue as they can create a basic working system of planets within an hour as is already proven. We are not going to see 100 solar systems in beta they wont give players access to the whole universe until release, evocati at most may get access since they will be under NDA, in beta at most i guess 10 star systems.
    You were sold a lie son. The solar system in an hour was the bait and you took it. The only use for that tool was to plan out a system, not actually create one.
    It took three months to add three barren moons to an existing solar system. Why did it take so long if they can create a basic working system in just one hour? Why are there no other solar systems in the game if they can create them in just one hour?

Edit: I am giving you too much leeway here. You know you are lying. You know your claim of a solar system in one hour is blatantly false. It might have been a dev tool shown in a stream but it has never led to faster delivery of planets. There is no supporting evidence they can create solar systems in a short time. In fact all evidence points to the contrary.
    Last edited by masterblaster0; 2020-06-10 at 05:49 PM.

It is competition for Squadron 42 though. My point is, we do not know what might arrive on the scene in the next few years.

You were sold a lie son. The solar system in an hour was the bait and you took it. The only use for that tool was to plan out a system, not actually create one.
    It took three months to add three barren moons to an existing solar system. Why did it take so long if they can create a basic working system in just one hour? Why are there no other solar systems in the game if they can create them in just one hour?

Edit: I am giving you too much leeway here. You know you are lying. You know your claim of a solar system in one hour is blatantly false. It might have been a dev tool shown in a stream but it has never led to faster delivery of planets. There is no supporting evidence they can create solar systems in a short time. In fact all evidence points to the contrary.
    Just how dishonest can you be, there is multiple dev videos showing what they can do with the current tech, there is no other solar systems in the PU for the simple fact they have not implemented the framework so everything can run properly.

Everything you say is just complete guesswork with nothing backing you up at all, the current PU is not a complete representation of everything the game has completed.

Just how dishonest can you be, there is multiple dev videos showing what they can do with the current tech, there is no other solar systems in the PU for the simple fact they have not implemented the framework so everything can run properly.

Everything you say is just complete guesswork with nothing backing you up at all, the current PU is not a complete representation of everything the game has completed.
    The one putting out complete guesswork is you. If there is no framework in place because things cannot run properly (what a shock) then how can they put all of these 'instant' solar systems in? What if this framework they are working on cannot handle all of these 'instant' solar systems? That means they'd not be able to do it. All we KNOW is what is in the game right now, not what you GUESS will be in the game at some point.

Let's go over it point by point then:

Do you disagree with any of the listed above?
    Yes, all of them.

[*]Feature creep is a fact, we went over that on the previous page where Odeezee got blasted to oblivion and Kenn failed to dispel any of the 3 features listed.
    Every game changes and adds features during development. Critics and mostly haters like to use different angles to attack Star Citizen / Chris Roberts. Be it for feature creep for adding features or at the same time attack them for changing features (coop-mode, VR, modded servers).

The fact is changing features (adding or removing) is part of the game development process. Some can have more implications than others in the gameplay others less but as long as they enhance the experience they will be welcomed. Example Diablo morphing from a turn-base rpg to a real-time combat one. RedDeadDedemption2 modelling all actions with animations and slowing the gameplay experience for the sake of immersion (something Star Citizen does too).

[*]CIG has stated that they WILL stop selling ships once the game goes live., which is their main source of income.
    They never said they would stop selling ships once the game goes live, they left the door open to selling starter packages and even future concept ships. They also talked about having special ships/skins which only can be acquired playing the game. Again they will generate money like every other AAA GaaS tittle.

[*]Space games ARE made for a niche market in the first place, especially Star Citizen.
    See my precious post, Star Citizen has more in common with GTA than the standard space sim niche game (Elite: Dangerous, X:Rebirth) due to the social aspect. Star Citizen also pushes features that cater to roleplayers like facetracking which is getting more and more popular.

[*]Star Citizen and/or Squadron 42 will be PC only, unlike say E.D which is available on consoles as well.
    Not true. The stance is that Star Citizen / Squadron 42 will be games developed without thinking of hardware constraints aka console hardware. Doesn't mean they are banned from consoles by default. The effort in controllers parity (keyboard, controller, joystick) and the fact the UI is based on radial menus hints for a console adaptation. Squadron 42 as a single player game will most likely be ported to the new generation of consoles due the potential of it's Hollywood cast mainstream appeal alone.

[*]Backers have essentially pre-purchased the game.
    Kickstarting/Crowdfunding includes (most of the times) into having access to the product when it's ready. Pre-purchasing or pre-ordering is made to guarantee you have a copy as soon as possible and usually a defined release date.

You could argue that CIG will go back on their word(like with LTI for example), but you have not made this argument.
    Skins will never touch the amount of cash flow that selling ships, tanks, land claims etc have brought in - you know this too.
    LTI was asked by early backers for a sense of security and was never planned by CIG, that's why it was made irrelevant. Skins have all the potential to generate more cash than ships.Getting hundreds of thousands paying for small amounts in cosmetics (5-10$) will net you the same money or even more money than what the hundreds of whales spend.

The most flown ship in Star Citizen is a starter ship for a reason.

Sounds to me like the theory has a solid base after all.
    As solid as the 90 days top theory!

It is a space sim MMO
    It's not an MMO in the sense that WoW is. There is no progression system, no win condition. Just larp about and collect money, which you can also buy in unlimited quantity for real life cash.

I came in looking for a progressive mmo experience in space. That's not at all what Star Citizen is.

Just how dishonest can you be, there is multiple dev videos showing what they can do with the current tech
    And you are reported for trolling.

There are no videos showing a solar system or even a single planet being produced in game within a single hour apart from the one dev stream many years ago.

there is no other solar systems in the PU for the simple fact they have not implemented the framework so everything can run properly.
    It does not even have to be in game. They could be preparing a solar system or multiple solar systems for when the framework is in place. But that is not the case. If it was they would be showing off their progress.

No. Everything YOU say is guesswork and falsehoods, never a single source provided for support. One only has to glance over the last three pages to see what I mean.

Liar liar, pants on fire

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyranis View Post
    It's not an MMO in the sense that WoW is. There is no progression system, no win condition. Just larp about and collect money, which you can also buy in unlimited quantity for real life cash.

I came in looking for a progressive mmo experience in space. That's not at all what Star Citizen is.
    Seems like they are not going to get there for awhile. Unfortunately
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Its going to be an MMORPG where you choose what you want to do, you choose what your goal in the game is, the progression is what you want it to be and is dependant on your actual skills, in WoW you can choose what you want to do there is no win condition either, you win when you accomplish what you set out to do.

WoW you can buy currency, but in SC its not really worth buying currency unless you are that rich money means nothing, 1 million UEC is nothing in SC and that would cost 1200 bucks, 1 million UEC doesnt take that long to earn ingame. Once the game goes live subs will probably increase a large amount as they offer cosmetics you cant aquire otherwise and ship skins and such should be more than enough revenue.

snip
    They have shown multiple times on what the planet tech has done in the past, from editing different biomes to creating solar systems so stop with the nonsense.

There are already multiple solar systems in production you wont see them until SQ42 releases. They have already stated they dont want to show anything to spoil SQ42.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-06-10 at 07:10 PM.

Its going to be an MMORPG where you choose what you want to do, you choose what your goal in the game is, the progression is what you want it to be and is dependant on your actual skills, in WoW you can choose what you want to do there is no win condition either, you win when you accomplish what you set out to do.
    There are no actual skills in the game, so I'm assuming you are referring to the skill of the player.
    As to the second part. In wow, there is a gear progression system, which has three avenues of progression. Raids, M+ and PVP.

Star Citizen has no systems whatsoever, unless you count it's monetary system, and then what I said is completely accurate. Currently you can buy both in game cash and ships with real life cash.

That's why I came to the conclusion that the point is to larp around and play space man. It really doesn't have any system in place to mark progression.

WoW you can buy currency, but in SC its not really worth buying currency unless you are that rich money means nothing, 1 million UEC is nothing in SC and that would cost 1200 bucks, 1 million UEC doesnt take that long to earn ingame. Once the game goes live subs will probably increase a large amount as they offer cosmetics you cant aquire otherwise and ship skins and such should be more than enough revenue.
    Yeah don't even put SC in the same breath as WoW. It will never be an MMORPG that has progression like WoW does. Nothing close. Remember there is no 'winning' in SC. In WoW there are raids that you complete, you know, winning the raid. Beating a dungeon, winning a pvp match. Yup no 'winning' in WoW! I get it, you hate WoW. You came into this thread 5ish years ago bashing on WoW and haven't stopped even today. It isn't pretty to be so jealous of Blizz you know. And stop trying to compare SC to games that have launched, SC is in a patchwork shitty alpha state.

I love how you talk about currency in SC and WoW. In WoW buying currency doesn't do you a whole lot either. You get around 100k gold now for the money which can't buy any item of power, doesn't buy you a dungeon run or raid run.

Then you go on to GUESS what will happen when this game ever launches. Hell you don't even know how long it will take to get this 1 million UEC. It might be totally different in launch when you go against other players, well if they ever get past that '50 players and the server melts' problem. Stop trying to interject what MIGHT happen versus what is in the game RIGHT NOW. This is where you keep making the same mistakes trying to push your agenda as 'fact'.

- - - Updated - - -

They have shown multiple times on what the planet tech has done in the past, from editing different biomes to creating solar systems so stop with the nonsense.

There are already multiple solar systems in production you wont see them until SQ42 releases. They have already stated they dont want to show anything to spoil SQ42.
    Could also mean they don't have much to show and need to keep kicking the can down the road to make more money. Does not mean that being in 'production' means they suddenly materialize either. You call someone else out for 'nonsense' then put guesswork down as facts. In production doesn't mean a damn thing. What is in the game now. Not tons of solar systems, that's for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

There are no actual skills in the game, so I'm assuming you are referring to the skill of the player.
    As to the second part. In wow, there is a gear progression system, which has three avenues of progression. Raids, M+ and PVP.

Star Citizen has no systems whatsoever, unless you count it's monetary system, and then what I said is completely accurate. Currently you can buy both in game cash and ships with real life cash.

That's why I came to the conclusion that the point is to larp around and play space man. It really doesn't have any system in place to mark progression.
    What riveting player vs player combat that'll make huh? No gear, no abilities. Woo. Sounds like the perfect MMO! /s