Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

There Should Be Portals To/ From Ironforge/ Thunderbluff

Now, you may be saying "but there is the Deep Run Tram/ the Zephyr". Yes, but note that Boralus/ Dazar'alor ALSO have physical transports to them, but they still have portals. The Tram/ Airship should be there for those who want to use them, but not a requirement.

Note I mean to/ from Stormwind/ Orgrimmar.
    Last edited by Wylyth1992; 2020-06-23 at 08:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Portals are needed when cities are on different physical servers; each continent is a separate server.

Thus, a portal is needed from Org to UC, but not Org to TB. And yes, SMC and UC is on same continent, but SMC is actually on the TBC server, seen by the load screen when you go north from EPL.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Portals are needed when cities are on different physical servers; each continent is a separate server.

Thus, a portal is needed from Org to UC, but not Org to TB. And yes, SMC and UC is on same continent, but SMC is actually on the TBC server, seen by the load screen when you go north from EPL.
    Yeah, so what? New Dwarf+Gnome/ Tauren players having to wait for a tram/ airship (the latter taking much longer since unlike the tram there is only one of them) to get to the main faction capital for the first time is very annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    Yeah, so what? New Dwarf+Gnome/ Tauren players having to wait for a tram/ airship (the latter taking much longer since unlike the tram there is only one of them) to get to the main faction capital for the first time is very annoying.
    New alts can get guildies to summon you.
    New players can...oh wait, they don't exist.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

3+ Year Old Account
    New alts can get guildies to summon you.
    New players can...oh wait, they don't exist.
    My point is that there really is no reason for their not to be portals since there is both a Boat to Boralus/ Dazar'alor as well as a Portal to Boralus/ Dazar'alor.

In general I think every capital should have a Super Portal that can take you to any other major capital in the series. We already have portals like the Engineer Wormholes that can take you to different destinations, I think that should be expanded upon.

It's part of the RPG. It doesn't need to be changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It's part of the RPG. It doesn't need to be changed.
    I am not saying get rid of the tram/ airship, I am saying we should also have a portal option. Or at the very least have the flight path from Stormwind To Ironforge/ Orgrimmar to Thunder Bluff learnt automatically. Especially the latter since if you want to move on to another zone for Tauren you have to go to Orgrimmar, since Southern Barrens is a much higher level.

I am not saying get rid of the tram/ airship, I am saying we should also have a portal option. Or at the very least have the flight path from Stormwind To Ironforge/ Orgrimmar to Thunder Bluff learnt automatically. Especially the latter since if you want to move on to another zone for Tauren you have to go to Orgrimmar, since Southern Barrens is a much higher level.
    Taurens in classic does not have zepplin or portal and they manage just fine.
    Last edited by SkagenRora; 2020-06-24 at 06:29 AM.

Now, you may be saying "but there is the Deep Run Tram/ the Zephyr". Yes, but note that Boralus/ Dazar'alor ALSO have physical transports to them, but they still have portals. The Tram/ Airship should be there for those who want to use them, but not a requirement.

Note I mean to/ from Stormwind/ Orgrimmar.
    There is a portal to Thunder Bluff, it's in Dazar'alor. You used to be able to go from the Pools to Blasted Lands/Hellfire/back to Orgrimmar, but that's gone now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Taurens in classic doesnor have zepplin or portal and they manage just fine.
    Ahh man. You just reminded me of my tauren character's migrations through the southern Barrens in the low teens. Running from level 30+ storm lizards and raptors.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Taurens in classic does not have zepplin or portal and they manage just fine.
    Yeah, but back then the Barrens was one zone and was a comparatively low level zone, while now the Southern Barrens has a minimum level of 25, as opposed to the Northern Barren's minimum level of 10.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    There is a portal to Thunder Bluff, it's in Dazar'alor. You used to be able to go from the Pools to Blasted Lands/Hellfire/back to Orgrimmar, but that's gone now.
    You don't have access to Dazar'alor until level 110.

Yeah, but back then the Barrens was one zone and was a comparatively low level zone, while now the Southern Barrens has a minimum level of 25, as opposed to the Northern Barren's minimum level of 10.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't have access to Dazar'alor until level 110.
    Get summoned and set your hearth there? We've been doing it like that since BC and Shattrath. It was particularly amusing in MoP when the aggressive birds in Kun-Lai could fly through the walls and kill lowbies in the Shrine.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Get summoned and set your hearth there? We've been doing it like that since BC and Shattrath. It was particularly amusing in MoP when the aggressive birds in Kun-Lai could fly through the walls and kill lowbies in the Shrine.
    What about people who haven't purchased BFA? Seriously, don't get why people are arguing against this.

Get from Stormwind/ Orgrimmar to Exodar/ Silvermoon and vice versa? Portal

Get from Stormwind/ Orgrimmar to Darnassus/ Undercity and vice versa? Portal

Get from Stormwind/ Orgrimmar to Ironforge/ Thunder Bluff and vice versa? If it's your first time, you better hope the Tram/ Zeppelin is there.
    Last edited by Wylyth1992; 2020-06-24 at 06:50 AM.

What about people who haven't purchased BFA? Seriously, don't get why people are arguing against this.

Get from Stormwind/ Orgrimmar to Exodar/ Silvermoon and vice versa? Portal

Get from Stormwind/ Orgrimmar to Darnassus/ Undercity and vice versa? Portal

Get from Stormwind/ Orgrimmar to Ironforge/ Thunder Bluff and vice versa? If it's your first time, you better hope the Tram/ Zeppelin is there.
    As has been said before, all those other examples are on different servers where it is literally impossible to get to them without a loading screen. Thunder Bluff is not. If you can't wait for the zeppelin I'm pretty sure the TB/Org flight path is known from creation now.

10+ Year Old Account
    My point is that there really is no reason for their not to be portals since there is both a Boat to Boralus/ Dazar'alor as well as a Portal to Boralus/ Dazar'alor.
    My point is, there is only a portal, when you need to transfer your toon from one server to another.

Every city needs the same portals as SW and OG. Maybe that would revive some of them. Right now they are just useless. No reason to go there after level 10

So this thread is about the fact that the FIRST time you have to go from OG to TB you have to go through Zep and wait maybe 5 minutes total?

Really?

10+ Year Old Account
    All i know about portal's...

During classic, there was none, you had to go there by yourself, often, walking because you still didn't had a ridding skill. No one ever complained about that. People did complained being ressurected on diferent continents however.

In the TBC they introduced the Portal's in Shatrah city, but there was none from SW or Orgrimar to Shatrah. In Wrath the systhem was identical.

Then came Cata, and suddently you can teleport everywhere in a blink of eyes... And surprise, unlike previous expantions people did complained about the portal systhem implemented.

I think that going to the area without any portal is far much more interesting gameplay then just take a portal.

To the OP, it takes less then 2m in a flying mount to go to Ironforge from SW.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    So this thread is about the fact that the FIRST time you have to go from OG to TB you have to go through Zep and wait maybe 5 minutes total?

Really?
    Yeah, how dare someone want to have the same convenience other cities have (sarcastic)

- - - Updated - - -

My point is, there is only a portal, when you need to transfer your toon from one server to another.
    The boats work the same way as the portals, a transitional device.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you ask me they should just remove all of the static portals... and make Player mages... give them away fro gold just like in classic... it is amazing to interact with people and make that something happening on its own... we are way to spoiled and its so sad to see people wanting static portals all over the place... if you dont have time to travel... then you are playing the wrong game... or you should start to organize your life into giving your self more Gaming time...

In an MMORPG... traving the world should be part of the game...

so, no thanks to more portals... there are way to many static portals... and it makes the world so empty and sad....

PS: just look at classic... how many people are all over the palce... with no flying and static portals... I have a mage at level 60 in classic... and I ahve go to known so many people... and I have given away so many free portals to new plaers... and they really apprecaite it...

PPS: so.... no.. to more portals... they just ruing the game...
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!