Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Let me hear what your version of a not too distant future might look like after a timeskip of about 5-10 years from BFA events.
    Exactly the same as it does now With a couple quest chains thrown around for the story people. That's my belief of how it will look but if Blizz does do some timeskip stuff they have a real chance to make some big changes.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    How about a total universe reset, like in Steel Ball Run?

There'd be Alternate version of characters then
    blizzard doesnt have the balls

You look like such a sweet lad, who'd have guessed you had such god anger issues. It's always the innocent looking ones
    I don't have anger issues! lol My outlook on fiction and examining a story is separate from my own personal thoughts on religion, or lack thereof, but when it comes to story-telling, I always want to get the most out of characters and situations. =D

Night Elf:
    I'm definitely expecting a large build up of Kaldorei forces in the future, possibly supplemented by recruiting the Furbolgs and other races native to northern Kalimdor, alongside their Worgen and Cenarian allies, possibly pushing the Satyr to ally with the Horde as a alliance of convenience akin to the Forsaken back in Classic

Worgen:
    Definitely retaking Gilneas perhaps harboring Night Elven refugees within the city and the Blackweald, perhaps with some signs of industry as they appeared to act as the technological and labor backbone in the Darkshore Warfront

Void Elves:
    I'm hoping they upgrade Telogrus into a citadel, possibly even sending an expedition to the void infested planet visible from the rift, perhaps even taming the wildlife from it, along with getting more distinct sub-groups such as the Riftwardens and the Ghostblades, perhaps a Spellbreaker equivalent

Outland: perhaps a mass exodus due to outland approaching it's final hours with the Orcish and Eredar along with the Arrakoa and Nether Dragons leaving for Azeroth perhaps with some storybook style cinematics showing it from the viewpoint of the Broken and the Mag'har with Rexxar's Father and Akama providing some drama by refusing to leave and perhaps needing convincing, perhaps with some scenes showing The Fel Orcs attempting to show their pure brethren that their not pure monsters, likely with the Alliance leaning races taking refuge at Tempest Keep, while the Orcish(both Fel and Mag'har) and Ogre(Mok'nathal) peoples flee through the Dark Portal

All the SL updates that have been added to Playable Races won't be seen on any NPCs until After SL. Expect most NE to have leaves in their hair, Tauren to have feathers, Trolls and Dwarves to have tattoos and so on after SL is done and we return to Azeroth with updated NPCs, Zones, Faction hubs and hopefully some updated leveling zones
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

Let me hear what your version of a not too distant future might look like after a timeskip of about 5-10 years from BFA events.

How The World Might Look If 10.0 Had a Timeskip
    In the new Warcraft time jump, the races are far more autonomous than before. And have much improved. This is blizzards way of showing the improvements each of the races have gotten, some ofc have more than others, but that's because they've suffered a lot more.

Alliance Races
    The night elves are alliance only in name, they help EK group with nothing, and don't ask for any help - they are focused on rebuilding (Highborne focus on civilization and progress, Druids on restoring nature and balance/harmony, Priests still govern making sure everything holds together and the NElves don't go off course. However they all watch global affairs closely, making sure they are never caught off guard and are prepared.

The alliance is core humans, void/high elves, dwarves, gnomes - Worgen and Draenei are different. Worgen are largely focused in Gilneas issues, Dranei are everyone's friends but generally busy with making a new life for themselves. Dwarven culture is greatly changed, Titan discoveries and Magni's role as speaker have changed Dwarven religion, Azeroth is worshipped as well as the other Titans. Golganeth has the biggest following, though it's not as religious as you might think - (think patron deity).

The Horde Races
    The horde don't have a core. The trolls similar to the night elves are fairly autonomous, Zandalari leadership strengthens over most of the Troll tribes but the Darkspear still live and work closely with the orcs, and the Tauren are tight with them, the blood elves stick to themselves as do the Nightborne though the two work together a lot. They are small but they do well by themselves. The Farondis got restored, they are friendly with the Nightborne and with the Darnassians, but they have more interaction with the both the Fangfire Worgen (NElf worgen group from the Emerald dream allied race based in Val'Sharah) and Nightborne - faction loyalty is not a strong factor on the isles. Both the horde and alliance were not like they were in BFA - with races sworn to their side and drafted in, So the guys on the island pretty much continue life as normal without much interference from anyone. The blood elves do visit Suramar a lot though, but so do night elves some of which are friendly with the Nightborne but not aligned to the horde. The Highmountain Tauren get along very well with new Fangfire worgen. Scuffles with the Vrykul in Stormheim still continue. The Vrykul love a fight.

With the war at least 7 years in the past (possibly 10) everyone's been doing their thing. No major conflicts or escalations, no one wants to start one. New zones will have a zonal quests.

Lordaeron
    Lordaeron is back, it has living and undead humans in it. It is a neutral hub city for both alliance and horde with leadership open to both, similar to how Dalaran became, the horde and alliance are more political parties the populace tend to vote it's governing officials on. Much of the former Alterac nation, Hillsbrad,Silverpine, eastern WPL. Forsaken capital is in Northrend now, they got ICC, While the Deosolate council are horde aligned, again that doesn't mean much, the Lich King rules and he isn't aligned to any faction - the dynamic is with some complexity.

Illidari
    Illidari tend to work with their respective races.. night elf ones with night elf in NElf areas, blood elf ones with blood el areas incl ones in Outland, broken ones with broken, naga with naga etc. They fulfil their duty watching amongst the races of Azeroth and do so by having camps, HQs in many major race capitals - with BElf ones in most horde areas, NElf ones in most alliance areas, although their biggest bases are in NElf lands and BElf lands. They have recruited new members from other races to train as demon hunters - the mortality rate is much higher on other races, the elven members often joined after fresh great tragedies induced by demons, which produced the hatred and motivation to destroy the demons like no other and their magical blood made them naturally good at handling. Both the magic and the resolve to push though played huge roles in their success rates, very few individuals from other races have that degree fo demon hate to make it, especially with the Legion gone, but some do.

Draenei
    Draenei have rebuilt a version of Auchindouin on Blood myst isle and a new city where the exodar (now in the air was), it looks so futuristic.

Gnomes and Goblins
    Gnomeragan is saved, and looks very Gnomish, Gnomes build biggest tunnel between Mechagon and Gnomeragan for trains. now, Kezan and Undermine (2 Goblin cities) have also been cleared and revealed, Goblins have sky scrapers and a lot of pollution.

Gilneas
    Gilneas is back in Gilnean Worgen hands, while friendly with the night elves, they don't see much of each other being on opposite sides of the world, and unlike the Fangfire worgen (Night elf worgen) who can all enter the dream (only Gilnean worgen druids trained for it can), it tends to be the Fangfire seeing night elves a lot more often - I mean they live in Val'shsarh, so obviously. Gilneans now includes part of Silverpine and Hillsbrad.

Lightforge Draenei - built an Auchindouin replica where the Dalaran Crater once was, this becomes their home

Orgrimmar & Central Kalimdor
    Orgrimmar is a thriving city, it looks big, many more buildings and much of the Durotar peninsula is now urbanised, many more from Outland now live on Azeroth, While the horde capital, Orgrimmar has become perhaps the world's first truly global city. You find all races there now, not just horde ones, it's a huge trade centre - at the heart of moving/drigving the economy are ofc goblins. While alliance races are fewer there, most of the human survivors moved there. The orcs and night elves came to an agreement. The druids, led by Hammul, developed a forestry farm program in the Fertile growth (previously Barrens) zone, harnessing wood. The night elves declared Ashenvale a nature reserve with wood cutting/harvesting without permission, etc

Crossroads is the 2nd largest city on Kalimdor - it doesn't have the elven beauty of Eldre'thalas or New Elundis on Hyjal, but it's massive, and a hodge podge of various different architectures. Orcish homes, Tauren ones, Goblin ones, Human ones

. Theramor is an undead city on Kalimdor, (they're not all in Northrend) and the Farakki signed up with the horde in Tanaris. More Tauren settlements in 1k needles and Stonetalon where they mix with night elves.

Small Human pockets still exist in places like Fort Triumph, so to are dwarves, but they are much friendlier with horde races who they depend on for trade etc.

Northern Eastern Kingdoms
    Much of EPL and WPL are restored, but high elves and void elves alongside humans dominate that region. The Thalassian picked up druidism (advanced Botany (they prefer to call it) and helped restore most of it. Large high elf populations still exist in Dalaran and Stormwind - Dalaran has been in the former EPL/WPL working on restoration.

Silvermoon is totally rebuilt, and still predominantly sin'dorei but has become an ideological warzone - more at the end.

Night Elves
    Night elves, are now crazy about regrowth (druids) and Development (Highborne led) - they harness their power fully, to protect their lands from ever being at the mercy of other races and to make sure they're race and civilization recover into a power house. It is not a drive for an empire, but rather that the places they call home will be restored and secure.

Amongst the night elves, the druids seek to regrow all the forests lost and heal lands, the Highborne lead efforts focused on restoring the ruins and as much of kaldorei civilization as possible. Highborne do not have the respect they took for granted in the pre-sundering era, so they are very focused on trying to prove they are the high calling they were once believed as. They engage with the rest of the world, and are known for having high standards almost as if "we'll teach you how to live the right way" They do this from their centre in Eldre'thalas - they rule western and northern Feralas spilling into much of desolace, but unlike Hyjal, they're far more engaged with the world, trade etc, and serve as the defacto night elf civilization on Kalimdor - while Hyjal is full of researchers, and is more considered a sacred capital - the Highborne study and utilise the Well, the druids the nature and the emerald dream through the tree, and a new Cathedral to Elune and primary HQ of the Order of Elune is built there. The Cathedral of Eternal night is the broken isle chapter, Nightborne and Val'Sharah priests that moved south operate it there - Elunites do pilgrimage to Hyjal, though it is mostly night elven. However CoEN has Nightborne, Fangfire worgen, Void elf races involved.

How the Various Night Elven Races/Groups look in 10.0

A new night elf grand Holy capital is on Mount Hyjal. It's the best location if you're going to build fully for the night elvs - but if you're not, it's the broken isles. Hyjal has the Well of Eternity, the Tree, the wild gods. Build a great city, and a temple, and there is lots of forest for miles around - it can serve as the central hub for the kaldorei moving forward.

•Highborne will have their all capital in Eldre'thalas [Alliance]
    •Nightborne in Suramar [Horde]
    •nazdorei in New Zin'Azshari - Nazjatar [TBD - but likely alliance, could be both]
    •Fangfire Worgen (NElf one) - Shal'anir Val'Sharah [Alliance]

•Darnassian Capital - Hyjal

Hyjal capital would actually involve druid culture too amongst priest and Highborne. Yes Highborne will have a huge presence due to the well, druids because of the wild gods and trees, and Priests will have a temple built. And no, no tree city, Nordrassil and the surrounding forest is the tree portion, architecture is pre-sundering but full of nature and life as all aspects meet.

The capital on Hyjal, New Elundis, is not your typical city, sure, trade happens etc, but access is mostly through portal and with permission. There are very strict rules of behaviour and contect, and many no-go areas for visitors. The well of Eternity sacred to the night elves is there and is the frontier of arcane research and development, while the nature wild gods so revered by the night elven druids also reside there as a land deeply connected with nature. the restord forests are huge wild lands, but you can often see wild gods visiting the city, and the massive tree in the centre hosts many unique life forms as a gateway between the dream and the present.

To Spice Things Up - Shadowlands restored many a genocide
    For population booms - you can credit Shadowlands for reversing many a genocide. Biggest beneficiaries are Night elves, Gnomes, High elves, Humans. Farondis and Ravencrest find themselves lucky beneficiaries by intervention of Elune. The orc and draenei booms come from Outland folk moving into Azeroth,

Thalassians
    Silvermoon and Quel'thalas become a hotzone mess. The return of many of the fallen high elves as created a war of ideals, with half agreeing with the sin'dorei philosophy of going forward and half agreeing with the original Quel'dorei mandate. One thing they agree on is they're not killing each other. Eversong woods and Silvermoon tend to be blood elf dominated, while Ghostlands and former EPL tend to be high elf dominated. Ghostlands is healed, the Thalassians have a second city in the now restored EPL - but it is far from simple, there are disagreements all the time

- - - Updated - - -

Your Input and Your Prediction of the Future
    Population increase from Shadowlands is the most effective and realistic way of replenishing the nations, explaining and giving the boosts you need to many of these areas, it also creates many interesting situations and ofc some former heroes returned. I haven't done all zones ofc. e.g. Dark Irons and Black Rock orcs? What would that look like?

So, which ever group or race interests you, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the potential future in a time skip if it happened. Where do you think
    really? the night elves have all their territory and the forsaken are expelled to northrend?

The illidari in the quest to recruit akama said that after defeating the legion they would retake black temple

I would like to see quel'lithien rebuilt, it would be a good first line of defense at the entrance to quelthalas

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    You're right, my bad, Nighthaven being specificaly described as capital of night elves is from warcraft RPG, thus non-canon. According to the canon materials, it was for millenia used mostly by elven druids, tauren and other kind of druids were allowed to be here after Third War, if I'm not mistaken, so it is not that big stretch to remove Horde from the area. It is not exactly the same case as Dalaran, which was actually founded as a multicultural city state centered around magic, housing human and elves from the very beginning.

Well, not in warcraft. Races are shown to rebuild in a matter of few years, population numbers does not really matter too.

Blood elves:
    - they rebuilded Quel'thalas and great part of Silvermoon in 6 years after they were genocided, majority of their survivors exoded to Outland, considerable part of their nation exiled and at the same time, whole populace suffered severe magical addiction

Goblin:
    - they build their settlements and big harbor in Azshara in a matter of weeks?
    - they are shown to have this "instant building" technology

Orcs:
    - constructed Orgrimmar also in a pretty short time
    - established presence in Barrens and surrounding regions pretty quickly
    - even after SoO, they managed to have strong presence in Draenor campaign too
    the blood elves used magic to rebuild

Surprising amount of conjecture for a question with a pretty concrete answer.

If we go into 10.0 with a timeskip, the only races on Azeroth will be Aqir, Mantid, and C'thraxxi.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

You're right, my bad, Nighthaven being specificaly described as capital of night elves is from warcraft RPG, thus non-canon. According to the canon materials, it was for millenia used mostly by elven druids, tauren and other kind of druids were allowed to be here after Third War, if I'm not mistaken, so it is not that big stretch to remove Horde from the area. It is not exactly the same case as Dalaran, which was actually founded as a multicultural city state centered around magic, housing human and elves from the very beginning.

Well, not in warcraft. Races are shown to rebuild in a matter of few years, population numbers does not really matter too.

Blood elves:
    - they rebuilded Quel'thalas and great part of Silvermoon in 6 years after they were genocided, majority of their survivors exoded to Outland, considerable part of their nation exiled and at the same time, whole populace suffered severe magical addiction

Goblin:
    - they build their settlements and big harbor in Azshara in a matter of weeks?
    - they are shown to have this "instant building" technology

Orcs:
    - constructed Orgrimmar also in a pretty short time
    - established presence in Barrens and surrounding regions pretty quickly
    - even after SoO, they managed to have strong presence in Draenor campaign too
    And yet some Alliance fanatics see nothing wrong with the Purge of Dalaran. I even point out there wouldn't even BE any human mages and thus no Dalaran if the high elves hadn't taught them magic, but I usually just get ridiculed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Actually it was the racial capital and the Priesthood of Elune administered from there, the druids fully take it over after WC3 when the long vigil ends and the Night elves move out of isolation building their first city in 10k years

- - - Updated - - -

I'll do mine shortly
    Source? /10chars?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    the blood elves used magic to rebuild
    Indeed they did. Sin'dorei are known for liberal use of magic, they use it in their everyday's lives. It is natural for them to use magic to rebuild their homeland. I never denied it.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    And yet some Alliance fanatics see nothing wrong with the Purge of Dalaran. I even point out there wouldn't even BE any human mages and thus no Dalaran if the high elves hadn't taught them magic, but I usually just get ridiculed.
    Well, that is controversial for me. I can understand that some people see it as justified action. Dalaran was actually founded as multicultural, but Alliance alligned city state. Back then, it was not an issue, since both humans and elves were part of the Alliance, or in the case of elves, they were at least on friendly to neutral terms with the Alliance for most of their existence. With elves joining the Horde, they changed it. At first Dalaran adapted and allowed Horde to enter and supported them in their campaign in Northrend in same way they supported the Alliance, even though Horde attacked Kirin Tor forces who were in Silverpine and Hillsbrad in the past.

The problem is that until that point, Dalaran's neutrality was never abused by any side. There were no opportunities for that before. A part of the Horde use Dalaran's portal network to their own needs and thus they damaged Dalaran's reputation. It was right decision to punish them for doing so. Jaina, as the leader of Kirin Tor at the moment, was responsible for the response for that. she decided to remove Horde from Dalaran. The Purge itself went pretty unexpected and extreme. I believe Jaina did not intent to kill Sunreavers at first, but as Silver Covenant went on killing spree, she did not stopped them, so as a leader of the faction, she is indeed responsible for deaths of those elves. She was blinded by her anger towards the Horde.

To sum up: She was right to take action against those who abused Dalaran's neutrality. She was wrong in that she targeted all Sunreavers, before she even did some investigation who is actually responsible for that action. She was wrong that she allowed those citizens of Dalaran be killed by others.

really? the night elves have all their territory and the forsaken are expelled to northrend?
    It is their territory and they are a huge race. Remember Orcs have most of outland and Draenor, draenei too, gnomes have 2 cities tops, humans have most of EK

Every race is different, there are major races, minor ones, sub races - factions within races exist and as you know, not all factions of a race are friends to or part of the same faction

. Besides the night elves in this future are multiple factions, you have the priesthood, then the druids who arent all night elves, the highborne they are all different factions, just like you have Stormwind, Kul'tiras, Arathi, Lordaeron being human but different factions. Pandas and elves (both major groups I.e. Night and Thalasssian are across both, while undead humans usually align horde)

The undead belong in the shadowlands, not with the living, but Northrend is the place they dominate - the landmass is huge. In this future, they are in Northrend, Tirisfal, former WPL west half, Alterac, large portion of hillsbrad - apart from Northrend, humans and undead alike live together in this place. Forsaken have Theramore and dustswallowmarsh all their own, but Icecrown is their centre, and they dominate most Northrend zones apart from Stormpeak and Sholozaar. They mainly fight vrykul, but have some factions loyal in a complex situation. Kvaldir are involved with them as is Ahn'karet, the vast underground kingdom.

They have much more than they should, still..if it werent for wow, theyd be gone by now.

The illidari in the quest to recruit akama said that after defeating the legion they would retake black temple
    They have Mardum now, their world, and a Legion ship, I dont think they would fight those who want to restore Karabor.

I would like to see quel'lithien rebuilt, it would be a good first line of defense at the entrance to quelthalas
    The Thalassians in my future now dominate all of former EPL and most of WPL spilling down to northern hinterlands. High elves mainly dominate that section, there is a new High elf city, in that unreleased zone, Dalaran is also in this area now between Alterac and WPL in the air
    HUMANS, high elves and undead meet at WPL, but lots of human and high elf interaction.

Blood elves are also there but mostly prefer north in Quel'thalas, that is reopen to all Thalassians and is now a political ideological hot bed,, this is how they war, they dont kill each other.

Void elves guard Quel'thalas from the void realm around Quel'danis, when the Ethereals attacked again, the blood elves couldnt repel the attack, and sent for help, the Sunwell would have been altered into a void well if not for the void elves, since then they monitor it from within the void zone.

Faction identity still exists, but being in the horde or alliance here means ideology to the Thalassians not segregation, while it is political in Lordaeron. For broken isle folk it's just a matter of who your friends are, it doesnt command loyalty.

It's much more a thing amongst humans, dwarves, Silver Covenamt High elves, Orcs, Darkspear trolls and Tauren and character creation still separates what you can roll by faction, it just doesnt mean the same thing as it did in BFA and prior.

It is their territory and they are a huge race. Remember Orcs have most of outland and Draenor, draenei too, gnomes have 2 cities tops, humans have most of EK

Every race is different, there are major races, minor ones, sub races - factions within races exist and as you know, not all factions of a race are friends to or part of the same faction

. Besides the night elves in this future are multiple factions, you have the priesthood, then the druids who arent all night elves, the highborne they are all different factions, just like you have Stormwind, Kul'tiras, Arathi, Lordaeron being human but different factions. Pandas and elves (both major groups I.e. Night and Thalasssian are across both, while undead humans usually align horde)

The undead belong in the shadowlands, not with the living, but Northrend is the place they dominate - the landmass is huge. In this future, they are in Northrend, Tirisfal, former WPL west half, Alterac, large portion of hillsbrad - apart from Northrend, humans and undead alike live together in this place. Forsaken have Theramore and dustswallowmarsh all their own, but Icecrown is their centre, and they dominate most Northrend zones apart from Stormpeak and Sholozaar. They mainly fight vrykul, but have some factions loyal in a complex situation. Kvaldir are involved with them as is Ahn'karet, the vast underground kingdom.

They have much more than they should, still..if it werent for wow, theyd be gone by now.

They have Mardum now, their world, and a Legion ship, I dont think they would fight those who want to restore Karabor.

The Thalassians in my future now dominate all of former EPL and most of WPL spilling down to northern hinterlands. High elves mainly dominate that section, there is a new High elf city, in that unreleased zone, Dalaran is also in this area now between Alterac and WPL in the air
    HUMANS, high elves and undead meet at WPL, but lots of human and high elf interaction.

Blood elves are also there but mostly prefer north in Quel'thalas, that is reopen to all Thalassians and is now a political ideological hot bed,, this is how they war, they dont kill each other.

Void elves guard Quel'thalas from the void realm around Quel'danis, when the Ethereals attacked again, the blood elves couldnt repel the attack, and sent for help, the Sunwell would have been altered into a void well if not for the void elves, since then they monitor it from within the void zone.

Faction identity still exists, but being in the horde or alliance here means ideology to the Thalassians not segregation, while it is political in Lordaeron. For broken isle folk it's just a matter of who your friends are, it doesnt command loyalty.

It's much more a thing amongst humans, dwarves, Silver Covenamt High elves, Orcs, Darkspear trolls and Tauren and character creation still separates what you can roll by faction, it just doesnt mean the same thing as it did in BFA and prior.
    You understand that forsaken players have a great connection to lordaeron because they are the original citizens of lordaeron right? the tirisfal glades. silverpine, half of Hillsbrad and western plaguelands is still dominated by the forsaken.
    What would happen to the forsaken who live in Andorhal, which is a huge city in the middle of western plaguelands, if now that territory is supposedly occupied mainly by humans? What is going to happen are humans going to come to tell them they have to leave their city where they are living and go to Northrend? do you really think the forsaken would accept something like that?

You have to see it from the point of view of the illidari, for the illidari illidan was always right, for the illidari the betrayals are not forgiven and for them the black temple was their capital. and as I say it is part of the dialogue of the quest they will retake the temple.

Corin's Crossing can be a good restored city

Here is my prediction for all the time skip changes that they'll eventually implement.

1. Anduin now has a beard and a slightly gruffer voice actor.

You understand that forsaken players have a great connection to lordaeron because they are the original citizens of lordaeron right? the tirisfal glades. silverpine, half of Hillsbrad and western plaguelands is still dominated by the forsaken.
    What would happen to the forsaken who live in Andorhal, which is a huge city in the middle of western plaguelands, if now that territory is supposedly occupied mainly by humans? What is going to happen are humans going to come to tell them they have to leave their city where they are living and go to Northrend? do you really think the forsaken would accept something like that?

You have to see it from the point of view of the illidari, for the illidari illidan was always right, for the illidari the betrayals are not forgiven and for them the black temple was their capital. and as I say it is part of the dialogue of the quest they will retake the temple.

Corin's Crossing can be a good restored city
    Well in my timeskip, Sahdowlands restores many genocided populations ( my recommendation is up to WC3), in Lordaeron some come back as humans, some as undead, so Lordaeron is mixed with humans and undead - many of the humans were undead for a while, so they don't hate the undead, nor are afraid, they also like the horde, so it becomes a political thing in Lordaeron, the alliance and horde are political parties with people - Horde candidates have the backing of the horde, and they're the party of inclusion, alliance ones are after the precepts of the alliance, and that's how power goes back and forth - I thought it would be an interesting twist.

Also I included all those areas apart form Silverpine. The Gilneans now have most of Silverpine

Well in my timeskip, Sahdowlands restores many genocided populations ( my recommendation is up to WC3), in Lordaeron some come back as humans, some as undead, so Lordaeron is mixed with humans and undead - many of the humans were undead for a while, so they don't hate the undead, nor are afraid, they also like the horde, so it becomes a political thing in Lordaeron, the alliance and horde are political parties with people - Horde candidates have the backing of the horde, and they're the party of inclusion, alliance ones are after the precepts of the alliance, and that's how power goes back and forth - I thought it would be an interesting twist.

Also I included all those areas apart form Silverpine. The Gilneans now have most of Silverpine
    i can accept that a part to the south of silverpine is from gilneas but the parts to the north were always from lordaeron.
    calia has to be the queen of lordaeron, i can accept that ALL the citizens of lordaeron live together, the forsaken are citizens of lordaeron and lordaeron will always be their home.

Indeed they did. Sin'dorei are known for liberal use of magic, they use it in their everyday's lives. It is natural for them to use magic to rebuild their homeland. I never denied it.

Well, that is controversial for me. I can understand that some people see it as justified action. Dalaran was actually founded as multicultural, but Alliance alligned city state. Back then, it was not an issue, since both humans and elves were part of the Alliance, or in the case of elves, they were at least on friendly to neutral terms with the Alliance for most of their existence. With elves joining the Horde, they changed it. At first Dalaran adapted and allowed Horde to enter and supported them in their campaign in Northrend in same way they supported the Alliance, even though Horde attacked Kirin Tor forces who were in Silverpine and Hillsbrad in the past.

The problem is that until that point, Dalaran's neutrality was never abused by any side. There were no opportunities for that before. A part of the Horde use Dalaran's portal network to their own needs and thus they damaged Dalaran's reputation. It was right decision to punish them for doing so. Jaina, as the leader of Kirin Tor at the moment, was responsible for the response for that. she decided to remove Horde from Dalaran. The Purge itself went pretty unexpected and extreme. I believe Jaina did not intent to kill Sunreavers at first, but as Silver Covenant went on killing spree, she did not stopped them, so as a leader of the faction, she is indeed responsible for deaths of those elves. She was blinded by her anger towards the Horde.

To sum up: She was right to take action against those who abused Dalaran's neutrality. She was wrong in that she targeted all Sunreavers, before she even did some investigation who is actually responsible for that action. She was wrong that she allowed those citizens of Dalaran be killed by others.
    Dalaran predated the Alliance by 2,700 years. Elves live for millenia. How'd you feel if you were a centuries old elf who'd lived in Dalaran your whole life, whose ancestors helped found it, being told by this infant by your standards that you have to leave YOUR city? Agree with you on the rest.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

One of the few threads on the subsection where it's great to just go through all the ideas people got. Hopefully Blizzard will be as inventive and logically creative in the future too.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2020-06-25 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Dalaran predated the Alliance by 2,700 years. Elves live for millenia. How'd you feel if you were a centuries old elf who'd lived in Dalaran your whole life, whose ancestors helped found it, being told by this infant by your standards that you have to leave YOUR city? Agree with you on the rest.
    I'm not sure about it. Elves who never abandoned Dalaran remained high elves, thus they were not targeted by the Purge. Blood elves are those who renamed themselves in honor of the fallen and largely went to Quel'thalas or to Outland in seeking new future. I won't deny there could not be blood elf in Dalaran who resided here before, but since he took the name and the identity of sin'dorei, he most likely left Dalaran at some point, so leaving it after Horde's abuse of neutral kirin tor network should not be an issue anyway.

The Purge was targeted at first on Sunreavers, who were distinct members of the Horde, and then to merchants and vendors who had ties to Sunreavers. Horde allegience was the factor here. Still, there were better solution of the situation, that is clear.

How The World Might Look If 10.0 Had a Timeskip
    In the new Warcraft time jump, the races are far more autonomous than before. And have much improved. This is blizzards way of showing the improvements each of the races have gotten, some ofc have more than others, but that's because they've suffered a lot more.

Alliance Races
    The night elves are alliance only in name, they help EK group with nothing, and don't ask for any help - they are focused on rebuilding (Highborne focus on civilization and progress, Druids on restoring nature and balance/harmony, Priests still govern making sure everything holds together and the NElves don't go off course. However they all watch global affairs closely, making sure they are never caught off guard and are prepared.

The alliance is core humans, void/high elves, dwarves, gnomes - Worgen and Draenei are different. Worgen are largely focused in Gilneas issues, Dranei are everyone's friends but generally busy with making a new life for themselves. Dwarven culture is greatly changed, Titan discoveries and Magni's role as speaker have changed Dwarven religion, Azeroth is worshipped as well as the other Titans. Golganeth has the biggest following, though it's not as religious as you might think - (think patron deity).

The Horde Races
    The horde don't have a core. The trolls similar to the night elves are fairly autonomous, Zandalari leadership strengthens over most of the Troll tribes but the Darkspear still live and work closely with the orcs, and the Tauren are tight with them, the blood elves stick to themselves as do the Nightborne though the two work together a lot. They are small but they do well by themselves. The Farondis got restored, they are friendly with the Nightborne and with the Darnassians, but they have more interaction with the both the Fangfire Worgen (NElf worgen group from the Emerald dream allied race based in Val'Sharah) and Nightborne - faction loyalty is not a strong factor on the isles. Both the horde and alliance were not like they were in BFA - with races sworn to their side and drafted in, So the guys on the island pretty much continue life as normal without much interference from anyone. The blood elves do visit Suramar a lot though, but so do night elves some of which are friendly with the Nightborne but not aligned to the horde. The Highmountain Tauren get along very well with new Fangfire worgen. Scuffles with the Vrykul in Stormheim still continue. The Vrykul love a fight.

With the war at least 7 years in the past (possibly 10) everyone's been doing their thing. No major conflicts or escalations, no one wants to start one. New zones will have a zonal quests.

Lordaeron
    Lordaeron is back, it has living and undead humans in it. It is a neutral hub city for both alliance and horde with leadership open to both, similar to how Dalaran became, the horde and alliance are more political parties the populace tend to vote it's governing officials on. Much of the former Alterac nation, Hillsbrad,Silverpine, eastern WPL. Forsaken capital is in Northrend now, they got ICC, While the Deosolate council are horde aligned, again that doesn't mean much, the Lich King rules and he isn't aligned to any faction - the dynamic is with some complexity.

Illidari
    Illidari tend to work with their respective races.. night elf ones with night elf in NElf areas, blood elf ones with blood el areas incl ones in Outland, broken ones with broken, naga with naga etc. They fulfil their duty watching amongst the races of Azeroth and do so by having camps, HQs in many major race capitals - with BElf ones in most horde areas, NElf ones in most alliance areas, although their biggest bases are in NElf lands and BElf lands. They have recruited new members from other races to train as demon hunters - the mortality rate is much higher on other races, the elven members often joined after fresh great tragedies induced by demons, which produced the hatred and motivation to destroy the demons like no other and their magical blood made them naturally good at handling. Both the magic and the resolve to push though played huge roles in their success rates, very few individuals from other races have that degree fo demon hate to make it, especially with the Legion gone, but some do.

Draenei
    Draenei have rebuilt a version of Auchindouin on Blood myst isle and a new city where the exodar (now in the air was), it looks so futuristic.

Gnomes and Goblins
    Gnomeragan is saved, and looks very Gnomish, Gnomes build biggest tunnel between Mechagon and Gnomeragan for trains. now, Kezan and Undermine (2 Goblin cities) have also been cleared and revealed, Goblins have sky scrapers and a lot of pollution.

Gilneas
    Gilneas is back in Gilnean Worgen hands, while friendly with the night elves, they don't see much of each other being on opposite sides of the world, and unlike the Fangfire worgen (Night elf worgen) who can all enter the dream (only Gilnean worgen druids trained for it can), it tends to be the Fangfire seeing night elves a lot more often - I mean they live in Val'shsarh, so obviously. Gilneans now includes part of Silverpine and Hillsbrad.

Lightforge Draenei - built an Auchindouin replica where the Dalaran Crater once was, this becomes their home

Orgrimmar & Central Kalimdor
    Orgrimmar is a thriving city, it looks big, many more buildings and much of the Durotar peninsula is now urbanised, many more from Outland now live on Azeroth, While the horde capital, Orgrimmar has become perhaps the world's first truly global city. You find all races there now, not just horde ones, it's a huge trade centre - at the heart of moving/drigving the economy are ofc goblins. While alliance races are fewer there, most of the human survivors moved there. The orcs and night elves came to an agreement. The druids, led by Hammul, developed a forestry farm program in the Fertile growth (previously Barrens) zone, harnessing wood. The night elves declared Ashenvale a nature reserve with wood cutting/harvesting without permission, etc

Crossroads is the 2nd largest city on Kalimdor - it doesn't have the elven beauty of Eldre'thalas or New Elundis on Hyjal, but it's massive, and a hodge podge of various different architectures. Orcish homes, Tauren ones, Goblin ones, Human ones

. Theramor is an undead city on Kalimdor, (they're not all in Northrend) and the Farakki signed up with the horde in Tanaris. More Tauren settlements in 1k needles and Stonetalon where they mix with night elves.

Small Human pockets still exist in places like Fort Triumph, so to are dwarves, but they are much friendlier with horde races who they depend on for trade etc.

Northern Eastern Kingdoms
    Much of EPL and WPL are restored, but high elves and void elves alongside humans dominate that region. The Thalassian picked up druidism (advanced Botany (they prefer to call it) and helped restore most of it. Large high elf populations still exist in Dalaran and Stormwind - Dalaran has been in the former EPL/WPL working on restoration.

Silvermoon is totally rebuilt, and still predominantly sin'dorei but has become an ideological warzone - more at the end.

Night Elves
    Night elves, are now crazy about regrowth (druids) and Development (Highborne led) - they harness their power fully, to protect their lands from ever being at the mercy of other races and to make sure they're race and civilization recover into a power house. It is not a drive for an empire, but rather that the places they call home will be restored and secure.

Amongst the night elves, the druids seek to regrow all the forests lost and heal lands, the Highborne lead efforts focused on restoring the ruins and as much of kaldorei civilization as possible. Highborne do not have the respect they took for granted in the pre-sundering era, so they are very focused on trying to prove they are the high calling they were once believed as. They engage with the rest of the world, and are known for having high standards almost as if "we'll teach you how to live the right way" They do this from their centre in Eldre'thalas - they rule western and northern Feralas spilling into much of desolace, but unlike Hyjal, they're far more engaged with the world, trade etc, and serve as the defacto night elf civilization on Kalimdor - while Hyjal is full of researchers, and is more considered a sacred capital - the Highborne study and utilise the Well, the druids the nature and the emerald dream through the tree, and a new Cathedral to Elune and primary HQ of the Order of Elune is built there. The Cathedral of Eternal night is the broken isle chapter, Nightborne and Val'Sharah priests that moved south operate it there - Elunites do pilgrimage to Hyjal, though it is mostly night elven. However CoEN has Nightborne, Fangfire worgen, Void elf races involved.

How the Various Night Elven Races/Groups look in 10.0

A new night elf grand Holy capital is on Mount Hyjal. It's the best location if you're going to build fully for the night elvs - but if you're not, it's the broken isles. Hyjal has the Well of Eternity, the Tree, the wild gods. Build a great city, and a temple, and there is lots of forest for miles around - it can serve as the central hub for the kaldorei moving forward.

•Highborne will have their all capital in Eldre'thalas [Alliance]
    •Nightborne in Suramar [Horde]
    •nazdorei in New Zin'Azshari - Nazjatar [TBD - but likely alliance, could be both]
    •Fangfire Worgen (NElf one) - Shal'anir Val'Sharah [Alliance]

•Darnassian Capital - Hyjal

Hyjal capital would actually involve druid culture too amongst priest and Highborne. Yes Highborne will have a huge presence due to the well, druids because of the wild gods and trees, and Priests will have a temple built. And no, no tree city, Nordrassil and the surrounding forest is the tree portion, architecture is pre-sundering but full of nature and life as all aspects meet.

The capital on Hyjal, New Elundis, is not your typical city, sure, trade happens etc, but access is mostly through portal and with permission. There are very strict rules of behaviour and contect, and many no-go areas for visitors. The well of Eternity sacred to the night elves is there and is the frontier of arcane research and development, while the nature wild gods so revered by the night elven druids also reside there as a land deeply connected with nature. the restord forests are huge wild lands, but you can often see wild gods visiting the city, and the massive tree in the centre hosts many unique life forms as a gateway between the dream and the present.

To Spice Things Up - Shadowlands restored many a genocide
    For population booms - you can credit Shadowlands for reversing many a genocide. Biggest beneficiaries are Night elves, Gnomes, High elves, Humans. Farondis and Ravencrest find themselves lucky beneficiaries by intervention of Elune. The orc and draenei booms come from Outland folk moving into Azeroth,

Thalassians
    Silvermoon and Quel'thalas become a hotzone mess. The return of many of the fallen high elves as created a war of ideals, with half agreeing with the sin'dorei philosophy of going forward and half agreeing with the original Quel'dorei mandate. One thing they agree on is they're not killing each other. Eversong woods and Silvermoon tend to be blood elf dominated, while Ghostlands and former EPL tend to be high elf dominated. Ghostlands is healed, the Thalassians have a second city in the now restored EPL - but it is far from simple, there are disagreements all the time

- - - Updated - - -

Your Input and Your Prediction of the Future
    Population increase from Shadowlands is the most effective and realistic way of replenishing the nations, explaining and giving the boosts you need to many of these areas, it also creates many interesting situations and ofc some former heroes returned. I haven't done all zones ofc. e.g. Dark Irons and Black Rock orcs? What would that look like?

So, which ever group or race interests you, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the potential future in a time skip if it happened. Where do you think
    If we can get a version of Azeroth that is elf free or at the very least NE and void elf free they can do whatever they want.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I'm not sure about it. Elves who never abandoned Dalaran remained high elves, thus they were not targeted by the Purge. Blood elves are those who renamed themselves in honor of the fallen and largely went to Quel'thalas or to Outland in seeking new future. I won't deny there could not be blood elf in Dalaran who resided here before, but since he took the name and the identity of sin'dorei, he most likely left Dalaran at some point, so leaving it after Horde's abuse of neutral kirin tor network should not be an issue anyway.

The Purge was targeted at first on Sunreavers, who were distinct members of the Horde, and then to merchants and vendors who had ties to Sunreavers. Horde allegience was the factor here. Still, there were better solution of the situation, that is clear.
    The high/blood split was a matter of politics. If you used Illidan's mana draining methods you were a blood elf, if you refused you were a high elf. For some high elves they never considered themselves having left the Alliance anyway, but that's not the Sunreavers. Also I don't think abandoned is the right word. Remember that Kael and his blood elves came to help Dalaran in WC3 just as his people had for millenia, only to be forced to flee because of Garithos. Does being forced to flee a place in fear of your life mean that it's no longer your home and you no longer have a right to be there?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I've made no qualms openly admitting to thinking Elune and Tyrande are a creative bolder chained around the neck of Night Elves. If the argument is "well... it's that distinguishes them from the other elves!" at the expense of intriguing, and coherent story-telling, I'm sorry, it's trite. Tyrande is replaceable and the Elune story has run its course. If art imitates life, no deity is worshipped forever. Every God becomes a myth and in Warcraft, it should be no different to pave a new road for Night Elf culture. I'd introduce Elune as an arrogant God that looks down her nose at even Azshara and Malfurion. It's a very interesting threat to overcome for Night Elves, having to kill their own God. Person vs. Fate/God(s) is one of the more interesting types of conflict in literature.
    Could not disagree more.

Blizz's problem is that they don't know how to write. Switching Tyrande out for someone else won't work any better.

Elune has FASCINATING potential if they'd just... stop trying to put on some kind of a twist like "Oooh she's a naaru" instead of actually adding DEPTH.

Making her 'arrogant' would be hugely out of character for a goddess that's supposed to be all about peace... but then has an aspect like the Night Warrior for when they need to cut loose.
    Twas brillig