Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

What Blizzard thinks about all your "grind-time"...

From another site:
    "Corruption Will be Removed in the Shadowlands Prepatch!
    Game Director Ion Hazzikostas confirmed that Corruptions will completely removed in the 9.0 Shadowlands Prepatch, while Essences and Azerite Powers will only stop working in Shadowlands content."

Now I ask you:
    Is it weird that I have this huge sense of wasted time every time an expansion ends and another starts?
    Do you remember your legendary BIS from Legion that you spent hours, days, weeks or months to drop ?? What are they for now?
    And all the essences and azerite power that I've grind like crazy in the last few months ?? They just stop working ??
    Okay ... a new expansion will arrive and we have to "disconnect" from the old theme of the last expansion .. but they simply tell us to throw our wasted time in the trash. I don't think it's fair.
    There should be a way for our legendary items from other expansions, essences, azerite power, corruption and everything we spent a lot of time to get exchanged for something precious to use in the next expansion. Just my (maybe unpopular) opinion...!

(p.s: sorry about some mystake. English os not my first lenguage)
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2020-07-11 at 08:13 PM.

Gear from previous expansion is useless in new expansion. More news at 11 where we show how the sky is blue, the earth isn't flat and man did land on the moon

Yeah, I miss my Dragonspine Trophy from The Burning Crusade. Man, no expansion goes by without thinking about how silly all this is.

Nah, I think that would be cool for some of the stuff we have had, but not much of it. There are some legendary powers from Legion that was very cool, but some of them come back now in Shadowlands, and old set bonuses as well. Though I guess that's the closest we will be to what you are asking here.

I mean, here's the reasoning:

but it's a mix of moving the story line forward and frankly the game is pretty broken right now - we know the game is pretty broken right now - part of why that's been ok is that we know it's for a short period of time; there's no way to really deal with someone who has, you know, 100% crit rate and all of that stuff going into new content. Enjoy the silly season, but post squish we're going to get back to a normalized space and we'll retune all the content so that people can do everything that they're accustomed to doing.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=316854/...lands-prepatch

Quite frankly, i don't care, expansion outdating previous gear is fine to me and it seemingly took the corruption system to crash and burn in such fashion that Blizzard finally relented with the additional systems atop regular gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I mean, here's the reasoning:

https://www.wowhead.com/news=316854/...lands-prepatch

Quite frankly, i don't care, expansion outdating previous gear is fine to me and it seemingly took the corruption system to crash and burn in such fashion that Blizzard finally relented with the additional systems atop regular gear.
    wait, he actually admitted the game the game was broken, that corruptions broke the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Major selling point of patch is so bad it’s being completely removed one patch later. Hip hip HOORAY!

If this isn’t enough evidence to convince people that the game has turned to absolute and utter shit idk what will

15+ Year Old Account
    Wonder how many BILLIONS of gold has been spent on corruption BoEs for just 1 patch, im sure it was worth it. /s
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    wait, he actually admitted the game the game was broken, that corruptions broke the game?
    Are you saying that a system that wasn't tested at all or and very little thought put into it broke the game?

I don't think the quote leaves much room for doubt.

But we can go back 5 months and find Ion saying:

Overall the team is happy with how corruption turned out, but there are still tuning issues. They like the choices and trade-offs that it brings to fights.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...on-Hazzikostas

Personally i find the fact that he calls it a "short period of time" rather hilarious, considering that a ~November Release means 8.3 (and by that, Corruption) was actually for about 10 months in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Wonder how many BILLIONS of gold has been spent on corruption BoEs for just 1 patch, im sure it was worth it. /s
    It'll be funny to see if Limit and Method can pay off their debt.

why would this matter? all systems and gear from previous expansions become useless in new expansion any way

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I don't think the quote leaves much room for doubt.

But we can go back 5 months and find Ion saying:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...on-Hazzikostas

Personally i find the fact that he calls it a "short period of time" rather hilarious, considering that a ~November Release means 8.3 (and by that, Corruption) was actually for about 10 months in the game.
    Well, when they are trying to tout the patch as great of course they're going to say they're happy with it! But I'm just surprised he said that it screwed up the game lol, usually they would never admit that.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    It'll be funny to see if Limit and Method can pay off their debt.
    Limit probably already has. Method though, going to be a bit hard for a dead guild to pay back theirs though lol, guess that was a bad go for the people who loaned it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Eventually there has to be a fresh start. It's inevitable.

It has been like that for 15 years, you just have accept that everything you've done will be worthless once <insert expansion here> launches.

I felt the same way when my naxx gear got replaced by non raid gear all the way back in TBC but after a few years ago it didn't bother me anymore.

Well, when they are trying to tout the patch as great of course they're going to say they're happy with it! But I'm just surprised he said that it screwed up the game lol, usually they would never admit that.
    Difficult to do that while people are oneshotting their way to 2,5k and 20 tanks solo Mythic N'zoth.

Like, Corruption is a top contender for the "most broken System in WoW", the sole reason while it isn't causing that much of an uproar anymore is because both players and devs have mentally checked out of BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Is it weird that I have this huge sense of wasted time every time an expansion ends and another starts?
    Every expansion is like this isn't it?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    With N'Zoth canonically dead at that point, it would make sense that all the stuff he corrupted gets fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the gameplay note, yeah, this happens every expansion. Every RAID TIER. The whole gameplay loop involves getting better gear than you had before, what's the complaint here?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta hurry and get my infinite stars before they gone then. I wanna know the feeling of ones hitting people