Poll: Should multiboxing be allowed?

Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The only ones against it are the butthurters who think they are losing out on nodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgmore View Post
    The only ones against it are the butthurters who think they are losing out on nodes.
    Sad but true.

When one person tags a node, it despawns in 30 seconds or despawns when 10 people tag the node.

Sure, if one dude is multiboxing 10 accounts and tagging the nodes, you're screwed. But you know what? If someone is a little ahead of you on the path and tags nodes 30 seconds before you get to them, the nodes are gonna seem rare to you regardless.

The problem with the Nazjatar materials is the fact nobody goes there anymore and the place is abandoned. The only people there are, for the most part, the ones mining and herbing.

Let's take a hypothetical situation. When that was current content, let's say you have 1000 people per node. if 10 people are in there herbing, that leaves 90 people in their question. Let's also say you've got 30 shards. That means roughly 30,000 people are in there question and 300 people are in there mining. Now it is no longer current content and you've got maybe 150 of the 30,000 people in there questing for their mount or something and you've got 300 people in their gathering herbs and mines because that is the highest level of resource, then you've got a problem.

You no longer have 100 shards but you've instead got 1 or 2 shards for the 300 people gathering and the 150 people questing

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Yeah one action. Per character.

You’re not doing one action per character. You’re doing one action per multiple characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    Personally, I don't think automated multiboxing should be in the game
    What do you mean when you say automated multiboxing?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    What do you mean when you say automated multiboxing?
    He means ignorance. Calling it "automated multiboxing" is the anti-multiboxers way of trying to claim it's the same thing as botting.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    It gives an advantage, therefore it is cheating

I guess grouping up is cheating too lol

- - - Updated - - -

Have you seen how to multi-box? You need a program that inputs the same command to the other accounts. This isn't people playing with 5 keyboards or tabbing comands between each instance of the client. This is 1 command gets copied and sent to the other clients. It's really not that different from what a bot does. The bot is simply scripted in advance while the multiboxer does it in real time.
    It is not an individual controling each client. It's a program that replicates inputs. In practice it's one player and X bots of that player.
    Real time botting! :O So what's the difference between a solo player and a bot? If a bot is scripted beforehand wouldn't the solo player just be doing it in real time?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    If you go to ISBoxer discord, there are constantly at least 3000 members online which means WoW has at least 3000 multiboxers
    That's not how that works, I'm in the Python discord, ask me how to program in Python (hint, I don't fucking know)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    They aren't truly paying for multiple accounts. At least not with actual money.
    I do

My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

- - - Updated - - -

Real time botting! :O So what's the difference between a solo player and a bot? If a bot is scripted beforehand wouldn't the solo player just be doing it in real time?

- - - Updated - - -

That's not how that works, I'm in the Python discord, ask me how to program in Python (hint, I don't fucking know)

- - - Updated - - -

I do

Cheating definition: "act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage."

Blizzard does not decide what is cheating, they only decide what is allowed. Cheating is about an unfair advantage, not a fair one. I don't give a scooby what some blue told you. It doesn't change what it is. Getting five players to do a dungeon is not the same as one player copying their original inputs into other clients. In a group 5 players = 5 inputs, with a multiboxer 1 player = 5 inputs.

Did you stop reading my post mid-way or something? I had answered that. Multi-boxer is one player with X bots. A normal player does not have bots.
    Oh right and or something, cause you think you are right. Enjoy it i say. If it ends one day i won't cry for you though.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-08-11 at 05:07 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I do

And multiboxers like you should be banned. Your point?

As long as they aren't using a program to duplicate their keystrokes for them it should be fine. Once they do that, it's no different than botting in my opinion.
    I'm a thread killer.

Cheating definition: "act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage."

Blizzard does not decide what is cheating, they only decide what is allowed.

Cheating is about an unfair advantage, not a fair one. I don't give a scooby what some blue told you. It doesn't change what it is. Getting five players to do a dungeon is not the same as one player copying their original inputs into other clients. In a group 5 players = 5 inputs, with a multiboxer 1 player = 5 inputs.

Did you stop reading my post mid-way or something? I had answered that. Multi-boxer is one player with X bots. A normal player does not have bots.
    Oh right and or something, cause you think you are right. Enjoy it i say. If it ends one day i won't cry for you though.
    How is multiboxing unfair? Don't like it? Do it too ggez.
    What difference does that make? Single players are performing the actions of bots in real time so they must be botting too
    And why can't I because I want to
    If it ends one day oh fucking well

And multiboxers like you should be banned. Your point?
    You said we don't, but some of us do
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-08-11 at 05:52 AM.
    My Collection

it's botting as far as i'm concerned, blizzard doesn't care because they make a lot of money from it. simple as that
    Last edited by gd8; 2020-08-11 at 05:56 AM.

How is multiboxing unfair? Don't like it? Do it too ggez.
    What difference does that make? Single players are performing the actions of bots in real time so they must be botting too
    And why can't I because I want to

You said we don't, but some of us do
    Multiboxing is basically botting within the rules. That's literally all it is. Thankfully, most people are willing to kick multiboxers from dungeons.

Multiboxing is basically botting within the rules. That's literally all it is. Thankfully, most people are willing to kick multiboxers from dungeons.
    It's not botting at all since I'm performing every action that takes place. I've personally never seen a multiboxer in a dungeon unless they were amazing and I just didn't notice but I'm sure it happens, I've had a couple guys say all they do to level is dungeons.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-08-11 at 06:27 AM.
    My Collection

Personally I didn't really care about multi-boxers because other than open world and even in those cases it can be overcome with AoE cc. Its a cute gimmick at best. My opinion changed once they allowed multiple "people" to tap the same node to collect resources. While that was a nice quality of life change for the playerbase in general it became an absurd advantage for multiboxers. I've lost count of the times now where when I used to farm herbs I'd see said flocks (multiples of them so not just one) of druids all with their follow tap up a node and get to rolling.

Or when I played alts and used LFG Quest tool for raid world bosses and had flocks of druids all simultaneously join just to ignore the quest mob and use it to phase hop to swarm said nodes for a 5-10 tap or even more.

If multiboxer uses third party software to control extra accounts then i see it as same as WH or aimbot in fps games.

I feel that multiboxing should be allowed as long as you control each character separately. When you have 20+ charters that all follow/mount/mine/kill/loot automatically while you control a single character it's no better than botting.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkke View Post
    When you have 20+ charters that all follow/mount/mine/kill/loot automatically while you control a single character it's no better than botting.
    This isn't how it works broski, if someone is multiboxing and the characters are performing actions without any input from the player then they are botting. I don't know of any way to make my characters perform actions automatically. If I want everyone to loot I have to make them all loot, if I want them to mine I have to make them all do that. Multiboxxed characters aren't simply copying what the controlled character is doing. Every action they perform comes from direct input from the player.
    My Collection

It's not botting at all since I'm performing every action that takes place. I've personally never seen a multiboxer in a dungeon unless they were amazing and I just didn't notice but I'm sure it happens, I've had a couple guys say all they do to level is dungeons.
    I encounter multiboxers in dungeons all the time. You know they're a mulitboxer because one of them doesn't do anything and just puts the main account on follow. I take pleasure in booting them asap so they get the deserter debuff.

how to multibox? buy accs, buy a decent pc to run multiple accs at the same time. All of these cost money = p2w.
    Is it cheating? ofc, you gaining time for money.
    Should be allowed? absolutely not. Especially the lazy soyboys who /follow their main. Those "people" are annoying as hell. If you want to play that "hardcore" to have 200 characters God knows why, take your time and play with them normally.
    Is it fine? Well, you give Blizz money for the accs so its totally ok from their perspective.

Those threads are getting more annoying than weekly "remove lfr" whine threads.

You have to understand one thing. It's blizzard game and their rules.
    They can say botting is ok and noone will be able to do anything about it.

And since blizz never really changed their stance on multiboxing those threads are whiny "wuaaah wuaaah my nodes QQ" threads.

Blizz can slap perma debuff on your entire account named "Annoying Customer" which gives -40% dps -40% hps +40% dmg taken and done.
    You don't own the character, you don't set the rules, you don't say what is fine and what is not.

I never cared about multiboxing, but i think it's starting to get out of hand and they should do something about it. I've seen more multiboxers in the past month than i had seen in all the years i've been playing, sure, it's still a very low number, but because of how it works and why it works, it has the potential to become a bigger issue if left unchecked.

So i don't think that any past Blizzard stance about multiboxing can be applied, because we are on a different scenario.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."