Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

When should TBC to be released, if it will be released?

As the title says, my opinion is somewhere in august 2021.

I think Naxxramas should be out for atleast a year before they release tbc to give people enough time to clear it.

~1 year after Naxx release.

Quote Originally Posted by Blupparen View Post
    I think Naxxramas should be out for atleast a year before they release tbc to give people enough time to clear it.
    To give people enough time to clear Naxx I would say 2 weeks after Naxx is released. Taking Blizzards estimates for vanilla, approx 1500 guilds cleared Naxx. Given that 1500 guilds will clear Naxx after one day then 2 weeks definetly be long enough. If you can't clear Naxx after 2 weeks in this day and age are you really deserving enough to do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

#nochanges

naxx released late june 2006, tbc launched in the middle of january 2007. Ergo 6 Month after the release of Naxx.

Like on many private servers most players are going to quit after KT is down. Absolutely nothing left to do.

15+ Year Old Account
    yesterday
    seriously, I want BC

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    #nochanges

naxx released late june 2006, tbc launched in the middle of january 2007. Ergo 6 Month after the release of Naxx.
    And that was exactly the biggest mistake. TBC released too quickly after Naxxramas. Because of that not a lot of players got to see Naxx and it's the reason it was brought back in Wrath.

Classic is the perfect time to fix this mistake and let more people have fun in Naxx.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    And that was exactly the biggest mistake. TBC released too quickly after Naxxramas. Because of that not a lot of players got to see Naxx and it's the reason it was brought back in Wrath.

Classic is the perfect time to fix this mistake and let more people have fun in Naxx.
    People also clear content at much faster pace these days with all the minmaxing and knowledge.

Naxx Jan 2021
    TBC July 2021

I hope

Late 2021 or early 2022, depending on how the patch cycle is on retail.

I can see it being released on schedule around 1 year after naxx or taking a bit longer. If it takes longer they will lose a lot of subs tho

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Late 2021 or early 2022, depending on how the patch cycle is on retail.
    if retail effects classic it will kill it so no.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    ~1 year after Naxx release.
    People will burn out. Not enough content for a year.

A year after Shadowlands is out pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    People will burn out. Not enough content for a year.
    Huh? Isn't that the point of classic? To play old content forever?

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Huh? Isn't that the point of classic? To play old content forever?
    if that were the case, why even bother release tbc after classic is "finished"? classic players wont play tbc anyway since the will play classic forever ...

on a serious note: i hope they dont wait too long. playing and leveling in classic was fun for a while, but i got bored very quickly. im really excited for TBC and i hope they dont wait for 1 year after naxx release like some here hope. give them max. 3 months of naxx. dont most people just raidlogg anyway in classic?

Quote Originally Posted by Blupparen View Post
    I'm guessing you mean "day" by that logic.

they will probboly stick to the original pace and release tbc about 6months after naxx. So somewhere around august 2021 seems like a resonable estimation.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    if that were the case, why even bother release tbc after classic is "finished"? classic players wont play tbc anyway since the will play classic forever ...

on a serious note: i hope they dont wait too long. playing and leveling in classic was fun for a while, but i got bored very quickly. im really excited for TBC and i hope they dont wait for 1 year after naxx release like some here hope. give them max. 3 months of naxx. dont most people just raidlogg anyway in classic?
    I mean, isn't that literally the point of classic? Either they just restart classic over again or keep it that way forever. Let's take it to the logical finish: What happens at the end of BC? Wrath? Do they just keep going until they hit shadowlands again?

At some point the content is going to be finished.

Sidenote: Has BC even been officially confirmed anywhere, or is everyone just making the assumption it's going to come out?