Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Any Latino or immigrant for trump is a complete fool or just trash person.

There are no words for what is going in ICE immigrant internment camps.
    "Crimes against humanity" springs to mind. Literal, actual, crimes against humanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I'm going to stop you right there, there's nobody that can do worse than DJ Khaled.
    Makes me miss Hot Pepper Gaming on Youtube. Andrew WK going into a full mental lock was hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I didn't even want to get in to all of that because it's really fucking obvious he's lying, but yes: how did he "hit a deer" and then not even take a glance at it. How was "the deer" not blocking the road afterwards? How did he drive home afterwards with both front lights busted out, because they would have been had he "hit a deer".

- - - Updated - - -

*shuffles papers*
    *clears throat*
    "EXPLODING TREES!"
    *throws papers away*
    *fucks off*
    Goddamn Catachan Barking Toads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/jacob-...roduction-says

The call is coming from inside the house!

It appears that grifters and Trump supporters Jacob Wohl and Jack Burckman are up to it again. Burkman claimed his house was raided by the FBI and the DEEP STATE is out to get him.

Problem is, the FBI denies that they did anything related to him. And that this looked oddly fishy, and Wohl and Burkman were not particularly inclined to go into details.

Probably because they hired a bunch of dudes on Craigslist to pretend to be FBI agents for a TV show, and at least one of them came out after finding out he'd been duped.
    How the fuck, is this kid not in jail for the rest of his life? Along with Burkman?

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    How the fuck, is this kid not in jail for the rest of his life? Along with Burkman?
    Rich white dudes.

Because most of what they've done isn't actually illegal.

Creating fake victims for non-existent crimes? Not illegal for the most part.
    Hosting bullshit press conferences? Definitely not illegal.
    Reporting a fake FBI raid to the media? Still likely not remotely criminal, they didn't report a crime here. And impersonating FBI agents would likely not stick either as the only person the actors presented themselves as FBI agents to was in on the grift.

While it's all grossly dishonest and cynical, while it's all honestly gross, while it's all dumb as shit, it's all still legal. Plus it helps to have money from daddy and others.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a legit site. I'm as outraged and confused as you probably are right now.

This is legit "They're not concentration camps...yet." shit right here.
    Hey remember back in early '17 when the right wing posters around here were falling over themselves and getting into nitpicky semantic arguments about the definition of 'Concentration Camps' to justify the shitty conditions within them and how they thought most of us were being hyperbolic in fearing it would get this far?

Good times. Don't expect any of the cowards to show up to admit they were wrong, and I really can't say I'm 'glad' about being right so much as just increasingly frustrated and appalled at just how much evil can be casually committed within three and a half years of a single presidential administration.

Reporting a fake FBI raid to the media? Still likely not remotely criminal, they didn't report a crime here. And impersonating FBI agents would likely not stick either as the only person the actors presented themselves as FBI agents to was in on the grift.

While it's all grossly dishonest and cynical, while it's all honestly gross, while it's all dumb as shit, it's all still legal. Plus it helps to have money from daddy and others.
    Maybe, but they've also committed crimes.

Jacob Wohl Charged With Felony in California

Jacob Wohl Filed a False Police Report for Death Threats & I’m Sure His Felony Charges Are Coming Any Minute Now, Right?

Arizona’s Attorney General Is Going After Conservative Activist Jacob Wohl

It's a legit site. I'm as outraged and confused as you probably are right now.

This is legit "They're not concentration camps...yet." shit right here.
    Absolute Josef Mengele shit. Anyone who can possibly try to defend this is a monster.

CA felony is for securities trading unrelated to his "activism".

Had to track down more info, but the false report may not even exist. It appears to be a shot of them going into the police station and then a shot of them talking to the person there, with the audio of Wohl dubbed in over the footage. Whether or not they filed a police report on the "death threads" from fake accounts is up in the air, though I imagine there'd be a public record of it if so. I'd bet money they most definitely did not file the report and that's all staged.

Similar to the CA case, it's unrelated to his activism.

Both investigations/charges are state-specific so they'd have to haul his ass back to the state to press charges.

None of the bullshit he's done relating to his "activism" seems explicitly illegal.

CA felony is for securities trading unrelated to his "activism".
    I didn't mention anything about it being related to his scams. Just that it's a crime he committed that he's not being locked up for. For "reasons".

Having someone put a fake rape allegation on Robert Mueller though? I think the only reason that wasn't illegal, is because they didn't go through with the false rape allegation.

I didn't mention anything about it being related to his scams. Just that it's a crime he committed that he's not being locked up for. For "reasons".
    Well, he has a warrant out in CA but I doubt they much care about going through the hassle of hauling his ass in. AZ is investigating. But he probably benefits from being a richer white dude facing a financial crime rather than a violent one, so he's real low on the priority list.

Having someone put a fake rape allegation on Robert Mueller though? I think the only reason that wasn't illegal, is because they didn't go through with the false rape allegation.
    They'd either have to file a false police report or Mueller would have to press charges against them for libel.

Well, he has a warrant out in CA but I doubt they much care about going through the hassle of hauling his ass in. AZ is investigating. But he probably benefits from being a richer white dude facing a financial crime rather than a violent one, so he's real low on the priority list.
    Well, I mean, that's exactly what I said...

Rich white dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    what the fuck is this :

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...ention-center/

(anyone know anything about this site it just popped up via mutuals)
    Starting to think other countries may need to invade the US to shut down these disgusting concentration camps. This is inhuman and everyone involved needs to go to trial for crimes against humanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Starting to think other countries may need to invade the US to shut down these disgusting concentration camps. This is inhuman and everyone involved needs to go to trial for crimes against humanity.
    Now, I heard a rumor. There is Oil is the US. Maybe they should go invade and liberate it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-scientists-of

Michael Caputo, who you may remember from earlier today for reports that he went on an unhinged rant about "sedition" and encouraged Trump to consider violence in the near future and who also has literally zero healthcare background for being the Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs within HHS, has deleted his Twitter account.

"But wasn't that unhinged rant on...Facebook Live?

Yes it was.

"...why delete his Twitter?"

Why are you asking why.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Absolutely incorrect. They passed concentration camps already and are now entering death camps/eugenics territory. Fuck these fascists and anyone who supports them.
    aye seperating the kids, not treating illness, holding them with covid in unsanitary prisions. Everyone that works there all the way to miller at the top needs a fucking wall.

what the fuck is this :

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...ention-center/

(anyone know anything about this site it just popped up via mutuals)
    Literally genocide...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Absolutely incorrect. They passed concentration camps already and are now entering death camps/eugenics territory. Fuck these fascists and anyone who supports them.
    Yeah, this is getting very dark very fast. And faster than back in the 30s in Germany.

aye seperating the kids, not treating illness, holding them with covid in unsanitary prisions. Everyone that works there all the way to miller at the top needs a fucking wall.

ill never get over the fact that the media, and even progressives portrayed the electtion as one of "EcOnOmIc AnXiEtY" When literally the only policy trump cares about has nothing to do with economics

It's been a hell of a busy Monday in terms of fucked up news--
    Exploding trees?...
    --but I figure I'll get my usual report back on track anyway. I'm probably going to need the structure to calm me in the coming days.

38,072 new cases, about the same as two weeks ago before the holiday. Not terribly encouraging.

Texas: 4,465 new cases; 65 deaths
    California: 3,764 new cases; 77 deaths
    Tennessee: 2,450 new cases; 19 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Missouri: 1,690 new cases; 11 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 1,410 new cases; 23 deaths
    Illinois: 1,373 new cases; 5 deaths
    Kansas: 1,230 new cases; 9 deaths
    Michigan: 1,229 new cases; 10 deaths
    Ohio: 1,049 new cases; 3 deaths
    Georgia: 1,023 new cases; 20 deaths

The Pennsylvania number is a bit misleading since they did not report yesterday and this seems to be a combination of both days, however a federal judge ruled that Governor Wolf's COVID-19 mandates were unconstitutional, so expect numbers to go up there. This is the highest Tennessee has gotten since the end of July. We'll know later in the week if this is a one-off correction or the start of something.

As we've been expecting from the numbers we've seen the past couple weeks, the Midwest is surging. And why is that, exactly?:

The majority of the record-breaking total came from the University of Wisconsin. Young people aren’t responding to contact tracers or won’t share details about their contacts, he added, which makes it difficult to track the spread of the coronavirus.

Several spikes in other Midwest states have been linked to universities and colleges. In Grand Forks, N.D., about 1 in every 24 cases have been linked to the University of North Dakota.

“We knew this was coming,” Brandon Bochenski, mayor of Grand Forks, told the newspaper. “We did the best we could.”

On Saturday, Michigan State University “strongly” recommended that all local students self-quarantine for two weeks to slow the spread of the virus. About a third of campus-related cases were linked with parties and social gatherings off campus, according to a statement. The quarantine will last through Sept. 26.
    @Breccia is, again, all too familiar with this but it's pretty fucking bonkers out there in the schools and this is just the beginning.

480 deaths isn't much of a change from two weeks ago and puts the total at exactly 199,000 according to worldometers.
    The total now stands at 193,250 I do expect that to drop overall in the coming week or so to mirror the drop in cases over the course of the past month but we're still on pace to pass 200k within 7-10 days.
    I said that 7 days ago and it looks like we'll be hitting that tomorrow. Wednesday at the latest. I've seen some criticism from pedantic assholes in the face of the "Trump lied; 200k died" thing saying "the US hasn't had 200k deaths from COVID" even though the REAL total probably is higher than that so I guess the only positive to take from this is that they'll be choking on their words soon enough. I posted before that experts reckon the US needs to be conducting 200 million tests a month in order for us to safely come through this. Through the entire pandemic up to this point the US has conducted just over 93 million tests. In 7 months.

Stay safe, folks.