Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I mean, at this point I think a considerable portion of the playerbase would say 2020 ended up being a great year if all these systems were removed.
    They might as well be. People who think there wont be one "right" way of doing it are deluding themselves.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Daily reminder that Shadowlands abilities work in arenas and BGs, 95% of which located in the reals zones outside Shadowlands. So stop bringing retarded arguement that Covenant abilities supposed to only work inside Shadowlands. Thats already not the case.

Blizzard made retarded move and there are no excuses for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Testasterown View Post
    This is absurd and shows that they are so delusionsal in terms of what players want.

Maybe stop make fucking shop mounts so you can balance Venthyr signature ability outside shadowlands.

Holy shit, I was hyped the last few days but this is demotivating.

Please tell me I ain‘t the only one..
    You realize that the people working on shop mounts aren't the same people working on balance issues, right?

Right?

... No, I guess you don't.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

This is absolutely stupid.

It's not working from an RP aspect, since neither arenas, nor bgs are in the Shadowlands and it also isn't working from a gameplay wise aspect. How stupid is it to get an ability that just doesn't work when I wanna go to farm e.g. old content. We will get used to our abilities in Shadowlands. Will we get that stupid placeholder Icon the moment we leave it?

I still hope Blizzard keep it like this. RPG elements are important after all Really though, it's amazing how fast people can change their opinion as soon as something suddenly affects them.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I still hope Blizzard keep it like this. RPG elements are important after all Really though, it's amazing how fast people can change their opinion as soon as something suddenly affects them.
    I wished you couldn't switch covenants on a daily basis just because the < 0.5% of 'meta players' are throwing a tantrum. But since they cry the loudest, killing RP it is..

Would have been better if Blizzard had implemented some Kind of 'Gladiator System'..
    So you could play Venthyr outdoor and in pve.. and the moment you enter a arena/bg/activate warmode, you become the 'Champion of the Kyrian' and come play as one of them.
    They could have combined it with some new glory system where you kill enemies for your covenant.

This would solve the problems that you need different covenants for PvE und PvP without making any thought on 'what to pick' worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    /facepalm

im mean, sure i dont mind not being able to use covenant abilities outside of the shadowlands. but this obviously isnt the reason... blizzard is known for removing shit like that with pre-patches...
    well actually its a questline where you open a portal to org with bolvar and the ebon blade, so i think they backtracked on the whole wod style suicide mission and then you have people like taelia and calia that come in

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    i dont think you realize how a lot of people play this game

some take enjoyment in going into old content and using new abilities
    I am sure some do. Maybe you. But what I do realize is I do not see many max level players in old zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Zillbert View Post
    It's dumb. Imagine that the Heart of Azeroth and Azerite Armor/Essences weren't usable unless you were doing BFA content. It's extremely pointless.
    This^

The decision to limit SL abilities to SL zones is beyond dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    I am sure some do. Maybe you. But what I do realize is I do not see many max level players in old zones.
    Problem is that there really isn’t anything positive about this change. Best case people are indifferent towards it. Worst case people absolutely hate it. This is a bad change, no matter how you spin it.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Dude, you are wrong.

We are in the realm of Death, we get those powers granted there. It makes perfect sense that you can not empower them outside of that realm.

This is a good move.
    By the same logic, you should not be able to leave SL zones for 2~ years until SL is over. You can't just die and go to the afterlife, and then go back and forth like it's some kind of vacation resort. That makes no sense out of a lore perspective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    This is completely nonsensical. If the lore mattered that much, then raids would be disabled after the first full clear. If I can take my Heart of Azeroth back in time to fuckin' Draenor to re-defeat Blackhand for the 20th time while farming him for a mount, why the hell would 'tHe LoRe' suddenly matter now? This is a stupid gameplay decision, nothing more.

I don't even know what proponents of this change get from this. Some weird sense of immersion? We're not even supposed to be leaving the Shadowlands, let alone to fuck off back to go kill Ragnaros. They still work in SL Raids/dungeons/PVP instances, most WPVP will be done in Shadowlands areas so it's not a matter of balance. One literally gains nothing from this, it's a net negative, but I've still seen some people praising it. Baffling.
    At least a vast majority for once is against this retarded decision. Very few confused people defend or praise this decision based on weird non-arguments about "something something lore-wise"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    Yes, how dare people voice their opinions on something on a discussion forum! Its outrageous!
    Furthermore, why bother visiting and posting on a forum if you dont care, I wonder.

The reason people are discussing this is because A. People are upset, because they are passionate about a hobby they've invested years in, and B. It's a fucking discussions forum.

Definitely sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    You realize that the people working on shop mounts aren't the same people working on balance issues, right?

Right?

... No, I guess you don't.
    This again. Yawn. The people working on shop mounts could perhaps work on something else. Any and all shop mounts are wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

This is not an "RPG element" - this is just a stupid decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope they have everything we need in shadowlands. Unless they plan on locking us there :P

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    This again. Yawn. The people working on shop mounts could perhaps work on something else. Any and all shop mounts are wrong.
    More like, they'd just get laid off and have less positions if Blizzard didn't have a way to make extra income off of the shop mounts. Besides, the shop mounts have become rolled into basically being 6 month sub rewards, so honestly complaining about them still to date is strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I think it's dumb, these abilities define your character in this expansion and to have them only function within those zones means you're playing quite literally a different class in old zones. There is no reason other than irrelevant lore explanations for it to work this way, there is no benefit to it and really it should be changed.

I'm suspecting anyone will have a hard time arguing why it should be the way it currently works.

It's interesting you mention that, last I checked the BFA stuff still works on Azeroth but is disabled in Shadowlands zones. I agree with you though, it's utterly pointless to limit the SL stuff to SL zones.
    I remember reading that as we go deeper into the Shadowlands our connection with Azeroth will grow weaker until it is severed, resulting in us losing the power of the Heart and the azerite pieces. So they're at least trying to explain why the powers will go away.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Great! Now all i have to do is to wait till i get the same option for content in shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    This is not an "RPG element" - this is just a stupid decision.
    Shadowlands abilities not working outside the Shadowlands makes sense to me.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2020-10-08 at 07:52 PM.

Shadowlands abilities not working outside the Shadowlands makes sense to me.
    Applying the same logic then BFA content shouldnt work outside of BFA content, because you know reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    Applying the same logic then BFA content shouldnt work outside of BFA content, because you know reasons.
    I'm trying to find the source of it, but I'm 99% sure that's exactly how it's going to work. I remember them posting that Azerite essences will only work in BfA related zones going forward.