Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I remember my guild mate not being able to progress after a legion story bugged out on them.

It wasn’t fixed for over week.
    I very, very vividly remember Garrison's not phasing and nobody being able to progress. There's always been some hiccup with launches, it happens.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    I very, very vividly remember Garrison's not phasing and nobody being able to progress. There's always been some hiccup with launches, it happens.
    Yup, there is always something. I wonder it will be for SL.

Yeah when they start handing out 5 days of game time you know it was a rough launch.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Yup, there is always something. I wonder it will be for SL.
    I'd like to hope not. BfA went actually quite smoothly, so I'm hoping with the extra time and testing nothing massive will happen.

They've certainly gotten better at launches anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Yeah when they start handing out 5 days of game time you know it was a rough launch.
    Yeah it had issues and well server blockage but that seems to be the norm for them. Even with the delay there's going to be some misstep on the servers and then rage will happen like usual.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    So? How would that mean that Arthas broke the machine of death unless it was a very slow process? While I've been personally saying it's a possibility, this is hardly the only explanation.
    Blizzard outright said it’s been broken since Sylvanas threw herself from ICC after Arthas was defeated. It was retconned this way as to how Blizzard explains her meeting the Jailer.
    Seeing as how Uther violated the rules of nature in that he didn’t allow Arthas to be judged and dropped him directly into the Maw, people now speculate that was when it was broken. As time moves differently in the Shadowlands, again stated by Blizzard (and why som people are speculating an incoming time skip for next xpac), it makes pretty decent sense that time could have moved at a pace that he was dropped into the Maw before Syl ended herself.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2020-10-12 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah it had issues and well server blockage but that seems to be the norm for them. Even with the delay there's going to be some misstep on the servers and then rage will happen like usual.
    The rage would be justified if it ended up being a bottleneck anything like WoD. We've seen what happens when you try to squeeze everyone through a single point, so if they're doing it again & it fails again then that's a big failure, & simply not good enough anymore.

The flock of sad griffons stuck in mid air as people took the flight path of DOOOM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    The rage would be justified if it ended up being a bottleneck anything like WoD. We've seen what happens when you try to squeeze everyone through a single point, so if they're doing it again & it fails again then that's a big failure, & simply not good enough anymore.
    Eh, I think the server problems at launch were a lesser problem to the times ahead(And while I enjoyed the expansion...you get the point)
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-10-12 at 04:43 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

This cartoon summed it up perfectly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sZ2a0VaOQM

Eh, I think the server problems at launch were a lesser problem to the times ahead(And while I enjoyed the expansion...you get the point)
    Neither were acceptable. Of course the content drought was worse than watching my GM finish Spires of Arak before I could even get my Garrison built, but that doesn't mean the former was a pleasant experience

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    WoD was a very unique case because of the Garrisons being on separate server that catastrophically failed.
    Simply having very crowded zones because of the linear path in SL should not be an issue. especially with shards now existing.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I was sat there at a LAN, watching almost all of the EU servers flicker on and off constantly every few seconds.
    So I used my boost on a German RP server (I think it was RP-PvP), which was perfectly stable because as if Germans would ever RP.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Towellie will have some info in two hours (10:00 PST, 19:00 CEST), I have no idea if it's connected to his stream or Blizzard/WoW. But 8.3 reveal was hinted by him similar way.
    Its just the Warcraft chair reveal..
    They look nice thoo

You mean the instance servers not being able to generate enough instances of the scenarios. While there was some phasing involved to make it look like the Garrison existed in the "real" world, the actual Garrisons have always been scenarios. The phasing worked just fine, the instances... well, take a guess what happens when the entire playerbase needs to enter individual instances all at the same time.

I guess you weren't there for launch, eh.
    things break on launch
    it wasnt in on the beta

especially as bad as SL beta right now

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    things break on launch
    it wasnt in on the beta

especially as bad as SL beta right now
    That's because Shadowlands is still in beta. I could argue and say WoD was a fully launched expansion, but was it no it wasn't.

That's because Shadowlands is still in beta. I could argue and say WoD was a fully launched expansion, but was it no it wasn't.
    ok theres been a bit of a communication break down

the guy claimed SL is no more buggy than past expansions and the delay was for "polish"

when the game breaks so much to the point that you take that chance daily i would argue its not just polish its to make the game work

- - - Updated - - -

they accidentally published the release date early on the forums and it got taken down in about 30 minutes

luckily ppl know how to screenshot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    ok theres been a bit of a communication break down

the guy claimed SL is no more buggy than past expansions and the delay was for "polish"

when the game breaks so much to the point that you take that chance daily i would argue its not just polish its to make the game work

- - - Updated - - -

they accidentally published the release date early on the forums and it got taken down in about 30 minutes

luckily ppl know how to screenshot
    I didn't see it coming so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    I hate you.
    oh just wait ive got something special planned for not this upcoming blizzcon but the next