Just watched that disaster of an interview with Nancy Pelosi and Wolf.

Wolf Blitzer is a piece of shit.

Truly what the fuck is with this "radical both sidism" that CNN is often obsessed with? "Just pass any bill Americans need something!"

Like but he doesn't know what he's talking about, because he doesn't know what's in the damn bill. Like what fucking good is passing something if what's in it is 1.8trillion more of corporate welfare?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    I've completely changed my mind about Pelosi's stimulus strategy.

This late in the game any kind of deal could literally single handedly swing the election to Trump. I'm willing to put up with a couple more months of uncertainty to make sure that doesn't happen.

Of course I have savings and will be fine for now. I don't blame anyone with no money in their account not liking the strategy here, though.

I'd be REALLY interested to see what happens if repubs call her bluff and offer the full amount she's been asking for. I'd bet alot of money she'd find a reason to not take it.
    Trump is the one who publicly torpedoed the negotiations. Makes it pretty easy for Dems to pin the blame on Trump and also say "Given how he keeps changing his mind on the stimulus, what point is there in negotiating with him right now?"
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Trump said no stimulus until after election... was that Palosi’s fault?
    Sigh, I need to type up a copy paste to put before every post I make about this.

I'm fully aware that it's the republicans' fault for why we are where we are about stimulus. The repubs are the bad guys.

In case you're not aware, Trump quickly reversed that statement, and stimulus is actively being worked on again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Trump is the one who publicly torpedoed the negotiations. Makes it pretty easy for Dems to pin the blame on Trump and also say "Given how he keeps changing his mind on the stimulus, what point is there in negotiating with him right now?"
    I'm fully aware that it's the republicans' fault for why we are where we are about stimulus. The repubs are the bad guys.

In case you're not aware, Trump quickly reversed that statement, and stimulus is actively being worked on again.

That said, do you agree with her playing politics with millions of peoples well being? I recent changed my opinion on that from no to yes, like I said in my other post.

This late in the game any kind of deal could literally single handedly swing the election to Trump. I'm willing to put up with a couple more months of uncertainty to make sure that doesn't happen.

Of course I have savings and will be fine for now. I don't blame anyone with no money in their account not liking the strategy here, though.

I'd be REALLY interested to see what happens if repubs call her bluff and offer the full amount she's been asking for. I'd bet alot of money she'd find a reason to not take it.
    DEMOCRATS PASSED THE BILL IN MAY

Trump alone called off all negotiations. McConnel won't even let anyone vote. How in the fuck is any of this Pelosi's fault.

"pelosi is fighting for what Americans deserve, just pass anything!!"

Remember when democrats wanted a few billion for food assistance and republicans cut it down to 250,000 FOR THE ENTIRE FUCKING NATION. Which she mentioned in an interview with MSNBC and some other idiot. Katie Hunt.

Yeah. That's why this two sides bullshit is just that, utter fucking bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    DEMOCRATS PASSED THE BILL IN MAY

Trump alone called off all negotiations. McConnel won't even let anyone vote. How in the fuck is any of this Pelosi's fault.

"pelosi is fighting for what Americans deserve, just pass anything!!"

Remember when democrats wanted a few billion for food assistance and republicans cut it down to 250,000 FOR THE ENTIRE FUCKING NATION.

Yeah. That's why this two sides bullshit is just that, utter fucking bullshit.

(this copy paste already gettin alot of mileage)

I'll ask you the same thing, do you think it's a good or bad thing for Pelosi to be playing politics with millions of livelihoods? I actually think it is a good thing, now. I recently changed my mind on that.

If shes not playing politics, what is her strategy here, exactly?

reversed it to "i want a bigger bill than what democrats even want!!"

The bitch of a president is high on drugs and republicans can't agree among themselves shifting any blame to democrats or pelosi is fucking bonkers. WHEN FOR FUCKING ONCE THEY ARE HOLDING GROUND TO GET WHAT IS RIGHT AND NOT COMPROMISING WITH NAZIS

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it Palosi’s fault that Trump is fickle?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

How is it Palosi’s fault that Trump is fickle?
    Didn't say it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    this copy paste already gettin alot of mileage
    How about you actually respond, instead of posting irrelevant bullshit?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

reversed it to "i want a bigger bill than what democrats even want!!"

The bitch of a president is high on drugs and republicans can't agree among themselves shifting any blame to democrats or pelosi is fucking bonkers. WHEN FOR FUCKING ONCE THEY ARE HOLDING GROUND TO GET WHAT IS RIGHT AND NOT COMPROMISING WITH NAZIS
    I'm agreeing with you that her current strategy is a good thing, but I think we disagree as to why.

It's pretty clear this is all political. If it really was only about getting stimulus out to people who need it, she would be open to small clean bills, like the one for the $1200 direct payments. Shes currently not.

Didn't say it was.
    Yet you said her strat is the problem. What the fuck is the problem with her strat?

Maybe stop trying to think republicans have morals and then you'll see it hasn't shit to do with democrats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't say it was.
    You did... how is it her fault for Trump being fickle? Do you have any justification, outside of saying Trump sucks?

How about you actually respond, instead of posting irrelevant bullshit?
    "How is it Palosi’s fault that Trump is fickle?"

I already responded to this, what are you wanting me to respond to?

- - - Updated - - -

You did... how is it her fault for Trump being fickle? Do you have any justification, outside of saying Trump sucks?
    Quote where I said it. I hate the republicans too, but lets keep our brains about us so we can actually discuss something.

I'm agreeing with you that her current strategy is a good thing, but I think we disagree as to why.

It's pretty clear this is all political. If it really was only about getting stimulus out to people who need it, she would be open to small clean bills, like the one for the $1200 direct payments. Shes currently not.
    And she said why she didn't want to ... because then republicans would do what they're doing now which is we passed something already we don't need to again. So passing any one small portion immediately makes it seem as though republicans fulfilled the bare minimum and now they can fuck off about giving a care about anything.

I mean is this not obvious? She literally said this and cited the reason. Fuck the Republicans gave excuses before that was passed on why if they passed that they'd be done altogether

And she said why she didn't want to ... because then republicans would do what they're doing now which is we passed something already we don't need to again. So passing any one small portion immediately makes it seem as though republicans fulfilled the bare minimum and now they can fuck off about giving a care about anything.

I mean is this not obvious? She literally said this and cited the reason. Fuck the Republicans gave excuses before that was passed on why if they passed that they'd be done altogether
    Well, this strategy has been failing so far, and there is no reason outside of dems winning the election for it to work. Republicans aren't going to offer a good, whole stimulus bill.

10+ Year Old Account

That said, do you agree with her playing politics with millions of peoples well being? I recent changed my opinion on that from no to yes, like I said in my other post.
    From a purely political standpoint, Trump and the GOP are the ones who direly need a stimulus bill to pass. They need it to try and stop the almost fatal bleeding they are suffering thanks to Trump. Democrats would be stupid to not leverage the GOPs desperation to get a better deal for America.

As it is, all Dems have to say is to point out that if the GOP is so desperate for stimulus, the House passed a stimulus bill follow up in like May and it's been sitting on Moscow Mitches desk for months and he refuses to even bring it up for a vote.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Well, this strategy has been failing so far, and there is no reason outside of dems winning the election for it to work. Republicans aren't going to offer a good, whole stimulus bill.
    So... there you have it. What the fuck should Americans do? How about instead of bitching at democrats they bitch to the people holding things up how about instead of Biden voting democrats bitching at Pelosi to take anything they rally even harder against the other side that's actually hindering

From a purely political standpoint, Trump and the GOP are the ones who direly need a stimulus bill to pass. They need it to try and stop the almost fatal bleeding they are suffering thanks to Trump. Democrats would be stupid to not leverage the GOPs desperation to get a better deal for America.

As it is, all Dems have to say is to point out that if the GOP is so desperate for stimulus, the House passed a stimulus bill follow up in like May and it's been sitting on Moscow Mitches desk for months and he refuses to even bring it up for a vote.
    Indeed, it's a great political strategy, at this point. And it's why I changed my mind on what shes doing.

This bitching at Pelosi is like blaming the victim of a crime for the crime, while ignoring the criminal who perpetrated the crime.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed, it's a great political strategy, at this point. And it's why I changed my mind on what shes doing.
    But she can't really "do" anything else anyway as the republicans plans calls for things like CUTTING TAX CREDITS FOR MIDDLE AND LOW INCOME or not allowing cases for malpractice or not allowing any liability for covid deaths due to guidelines not being followed by corporations.

So the only thing she can do is what she is doing which is holding her ground, and holding her ground and being tough to get what Americans want and need is the one thing I have always wanted from the democrats

We have this shitty ACA for instance because democrats capitulated. Even when they could pass everything they wanted. They passed the ACA in the hopes republicans would work with them to expand it in the future. It was fucking stupid.

So... there you have it. What the fuck should Americans do? How about instead of bitching at democrats they bitch to the people holding things up how about instead of Biden voting democrats bitching at Pelosi to take anything they rally even harder against the other side that's actually hindering
    Fully agree. I mean, you can look at my post history, I shit on the right constantly. It's ok to point out when something your side is doing might be questionable too, though.

- - - Updated - - -

This bitching at Pelosi is like blaming the victim of a crime for the crime, while ignoring the criminal who perpetrated the crime.

- - - Updated - - -

But she can't really "do" anything else anyway as the republicans plans calls for things like CUTTING TAX CREDITS FOR MIDDLE AND LOW INCOME or not allowing cases for malpractice or not allowing any liability for covid deaths due to guidelines not being followed by corporations.

So the only thing she can do is what she is doing which is holding her ground, and holding her ground and being tough to get what Americans want and need is the one thing I have always wanted from the democrats

We have this shitty ACA for instance because democrats capitulated. Even when they could pass everything they wanted. They passed the ACA in the hopes republicans would work with them to expand it in the future. It was fucking stupid.
    I mean, you're right. Shes in a no win scenario here, caused by the republicans. Nothing more I can say to that.

I just hope her standing up to them actually means something. We won't know that for a while yet.