Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    What I’m saying is you can still multibox just fine with a low number of characters.
    No, any form of multiboxing (as in automated control of multiple accounts) is gone.

We are left now with just playing the game (as often as you want) manually.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    This shit is so far overdue.
    Will help the overall economy as well.

Multiboxing isnt dead, just the software portion.
    Im guessing someone will come up with a hardware version, if there is a need there will be a solution.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Reading their wording it is oddly specific with talking as if it’s the software that will be the bannable offense, though. But yeah it could be an oversight with the statement whereas manual review will warn/ban hardware multiboxers as well.

It would be interesting to read a forum thread with actual multiboxers thoughts and interpretations on this.
    They also said detection which you can’t really ever detect hardware anything really. Hardware cheats etc. I’m sure they will ban these too sooner or later, but again, hardware multiboxing is EXTREMELY expensive. I could be wrong but I think you need 1 pc per account so this would be absolutely bananas if people continued this. It’s one thing to pay a couple hundred a month on subs, it’s another to pay a couple thousand plus power plus subs to run a hardware multibox

Quote Originally Posted by xblubbx View Post
    I leveled 2 chars by multiboxing like ~7 years ago. Not cared anymore since then. Whining about multiboxers is somewhere between funny and facepalm.
    This looks sounds like you have no idea what's going on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzix View Post
    If the multiboxers were really 'ruining' the economy, you'll now pay more for your consumables and crafted items. For resource farmers, you probably still gain a bit more than you lose, for a majority you end up losing gold.
    But Blizzard could easily "fix" the economy if they felt it was an issue. Up resources, lower material costs, etc. They can easily tweak a system if it is broken. And a system that requires Multi-boxing in order to be good is a broken system.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    How often do you guys ACTUALLY see multiboxers? I see maybe one once per year and i played on a high pop server for years and now a medium one for a few years.
    I just never saw them myself often enough to think they're a "problem"
    Multiple basically everytime I am logging in to do Open World content and sometimes even when I go raiding and one of them is camping the raid entrance, but that happens rarely.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    No, any form of multiboxing (as in automated control of multiple accounts) is gone.

That’s literally exactly what I just said so idk why you just said no lol.

Except it's not. Wow will run on a potato. It's no exactly costly beyond power usage to find some old potato laptops running at lowest graphics setting and hooking them up to a single keyboard mouse. No software needed. Only the primary account that's being viewed really needs any graphical detail. And that's not even the cheapest option really

Botting and using broadcast software for multiboxing is "gone" for the few that care about their accounts but controlling multiple wow on different hardware with a single keyboard is still completely doable. Sure might get reported but with out proof of software ban is unlikely or would be over tuened
    Last edited by shadofall; 2020-11-04 at 12:19 AM.

Whilst I'm against multi boxing, you think they could have at least differentiated between someone doing 2 or 3 toons for fun vs someone doing 40 for farming/profit.
    At what point does it stop being fun? What is the point where you can say "this is fine" and "this is not fine"?

I have always said I dont feel any impact from multiboxers, I dont use the AH much, i try to be completely self sufficient, however i accept they certainly impacted the economy. For me, it was a funny little gimmick that i came across very frequently, but usually it was just entertaining. I would do my best to fuck with them and kill them, and that was amusing. Few minutes in i would get bored, and move on.

That said, i think its time to be done with it, i know it does annoy others quite a bit, and im easy either way, so ultimately, probably a net positive change.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    The hardware solution is to have one keyboard send a keystroke to multiple computers.

But it's still much less likely to happen, as you need multiple computers capable of running WoW all at once. At that point, you might as well just pay other people to play the account for you, you'd probably spend less money that way.
    Ive seen so crazy shit over the years before ISboxer was a thing. We havent seen the last of Multi-Boxing, it might slow down for a bit but they are like Cockroaches, fcuking things are resilient.
    @KrimzinOG

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    How often do you guys ACTUALLY see multiboxers? I see maybe one once per year and i played on a high pop server for years and now a medium one for a few years.
    I just never saw them myself often enough to think they're a "problem"
    I was leveling a new character 2 days ago and saw 15+ druids (2 different times, one group alliance, one group horde) all the same name with the last letter different, all flagged for pvp, just farming mobs in Gorgrond.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I have always said I dont feel any impact from multiboxers, I dont use the AH much, i try to be completely self sufficient, however i accept they certainly impacted the economy. For me, it was a funny little gimmick that i came across very frequently, but usually it was just entertaining. I would do my best to fuck with them and kill them, and that was amusing. Few minutes in i would get bored, and move on.

That said, i think its time to be done with it, i know it does annoy others quite a bit, and im easy either way, so ultimately, probably a net positive change.
    Without multi-boxers the biggest impact you will see immediately is the cost of herbs go through the roof.
    @KrimzinOG

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    At what point does it stop being fun? What is the point where you can say "this is fine" and "this is not fine"?
    Fine: clicking on anything for all of your 2-20 characters separately and manually.
    Not fine: one click on anything for all of your 2-20 characters automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    If both multiboxing and botting are banned (and they often go together,) multiboxing is way more conspicuous than botting. Two birds with one stone, really.
    So we're depending on people to report conspicuous violations instead of software to detect it?

Also, a botter could set up bot A in zone 1, bot B in zone 2, bot c in zone 3, etc

The point of botting is you don't need to give it any input so you don't need them all in a group doing the same actions in the same place.
    SorryNotSorry

Finally! No more facing full multiboxer team at Ashran.

holy crap. either blizzard is just trying to get some good will back or there is still some spine at blizzard willing to do what isn't in the monetary interest of the executives at acti.

And it only took them 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    That’s literally exactly what I just said so
    Well, no, you said "What I’m saying is you can still multibox" - you cannot.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    So i scoured the internets and found that hardware multiboxers read that statement and feel safe for now. Again it’s oddly specific with saying that they’re after software input methods (personally I think that’s an oversight). It might sound expensive for some of you but wow isn’t a very demanding game and you don’t need to multibox on ultra settings so afaik hw multiboxing has been a thing for as long as multiboxing in wow has.

It might be less cost-effective than the modern multiboxer that starts 5+ clients on their single PC and upfront only pays for activating each wow account once. But I bet that for some it will still be worth it. I have the impression that HW multiboxing didn’t sprout from people who purely want to win the Gold game but rather like to tinker. Most multiboxing that has sprouted recently seem to be all about gathering materials, though.

I bet the remaining multiboxers will get reported in-game though, and that blizzard might revisit the statement and ban hardware multiboxers as well just to make it consistent.