10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Land doesn't vote!
    I had to scream at a few friends in 2018 about that.

The evangelicals will probably drop trump and move on to the next guy. they don't really care about trump. They just want their agenda, which we all know what that is, and the next guy will continue it. He'll still have a not insignificant amount of support, but it won't be a majority or any of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    The GOP already has those people. They aren't going to vote for a Democrat. And they weren't enough to get him re-elected anyway.
    He does not even have to go Democrat. He can go independent and take a mil+ of crucial voters from GOP just that.

Heck.. he can just tweet "yeah... I don't like that guy, he's dumb" at some republican hopeful 2022 and that will demolish him/her.

They won't piss him off, you can print this reply and stick it on a wall. GOP led by very shrewd, dry and calculating politicians - they are not going to be fighting their biggest asset in the last decade, definitely not openly.

It's really down to numbers he commands.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-11-06 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    This is precisely why the Electoral College has to go. And also the reason it almost certainly won't - the GOP can't win the White House without it.

Land doesn't vote!
    I agree. But good luck convincing these people of that. the george floyd thread turned and showed that these people value property more than human lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death by a thousand papercuts continues in PA as Biden now leads by 13.5K

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    He does not even have to go Democrat. He can go independent and take a mil+ of crucial voters from GOP just that. They won't piss him off, you can print this reply and stick it on a wall. GOP led by very shrewd and dry politicians - they are not going to be fighting their biggest asset in the last decade, definitely not openly.
    He does that and he just hands the Democrats the election. He doesn't want that anymore than the GOP does.

Also, never said they would fight him, openly or otherwise. They're just going to distance themselves. Just like they did with W.

It will be a thing for GOP to tangle with.

Them abandoning him? HIM? A guy who can toss some tweets and rallies and destroy their base for 2022/24? Yeah, don't think they will have the balls for it.

They will put up a candidate that is more presidential and cut a deal with Trump to hype him up with his base 2024. Same goes for 2022 midterms.
    But hes never going to do anything to help anyone else. So that tweet comes at a price. Why would you want to have that over your head?

He does that and he just hands the Democrats the election. He doesn't want that anymore than the GOP does.
    He’s an egotistical narcissist who’s delusional. In his mind he will win 100%

https://www.businessinsider.com/bols...ection-2020-11

Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro on Friday called for "humility" in the 2020 United States presidential election and began to pull away from President Donald Trump, despite being considered one of his closest allies on the global stage.

Bolsonaro said Trump is "not the most important person in the world," the Washington Post reported.
    There is no loyalty amongst populist right wing grifters.

Ha ha... nope.

With numbers he brought in this election, despite just about everything? Nope. If he'd be totally demolished - he'd be abandoned, but at these margins, with this support? Republicans will be shaking in their booties at even prospect of him turning on them, he got them in his hand and they will make sure to be very careful with him.

His influence in the coming years will be immense and he will be a big part of 2024 even if he does not decide to run himself - he will be like Bernie of Republican Party - a guy who won't be a president, but having influence that matters.
    I disagree.

He was too much of a loose cannon. Don;t get me wrong, his bullshit is the new playbook going forward, but McConnell and Co. are going to find new "Trump" that can be controlled, like Tucker Carlson for example.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by passingthrew View Post
    But hes never going to do anything to help anyone else. So that tweet comes at a price. Why would you want to have that over your head?
    I think it's a silly assumption, especially seeing how he pushed through his family and followers during his presidentship.

If it makes it easier for you to swallow - Trump would certainly want to jumpstart a huge TRUMP legacy and his children are part of that plan. He will want to create a family unlike Bush and such - a dynasty, a legacy.

It's not some coincidence how Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner suddenly were pushed through like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I disagree.

He was too much of a loose cannon. Don;t get me wrong, his bullshit is the new playbook going forward, but McConnell and Co. are going to find new "Trump" that can be controlled, like Tucker Carlson for example.
    If Dems would flip Senate and put more of a gap in House and Trump would be demolished in elections the magnitude polls predicted, then they would drop him.

But with these numbers and results and that's despite 2020 partially self-created disasters by Trump? That would be a political suicide for GOP. I bet that down the road they'd want to somehow put him aside, but that won't be happening next 2-4 years - there is simply nobody even close to Trump in GOP when it comes to voter power generation.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will be a thing for GOP to tangle with.
    They've hung themselves with it.

If Trump wins, which he still can, their party is Trump forever...and then he hits his term limit around the same time as his second heart attack. Or, gets charged by NYState and convicted. Or otherwise faces a monster problem even his unfulfilled promises can't stop. Then they have nothing. Even Ivanka doesn't have that cult appeal.

If Trump loses, I don't wish death upon anyone, but the best shot for GOP 2024 is if Trump dies. Anything else, and he either runs as a loser, or a party splitter, or sulks in a corner and takes the rabid fanbase with him. Especially if that report about attacking FOX News and making an alt-alt-right party comes true.

Trump might be a product of the broken system, but he's the best product the GOP has got. Who else could mobilize like this? Cruz?

15+ Year Old Account
    The GOP already has those people. They aren't going to vote for a Democrat. And they weren't enough to get him re-elected anyway.
    You'd be surprised by how many Bernie supporters became Trump supporters because Clinton/Biden won the nominations. Trump supporters aren't quite a monolith, and they aren't necessarily invested in the Republican party the way they are invested in Trump personally. Many of his supporters are newly politically activated and voted for the first time in this election. That's why his turnout was so much higher this year.

I wouldn't doubt his ongoing influence on the party even after leaving office, but I wouldn't expect all his supporters to keep voting in the same numbers for career Republicans they don't give a fuck about, even if Trump is endorsing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Death by a thousand papercuts continues in PA as Biden now leads by 13.5K
    Any updates on AZ/NV/GA? I’m hoping Biden’s lead is holding if not actively growing there as well.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

If Dems would flip Senate and put more of a gap in House and Trump would be demolished in elections the magnitude polls predicted, then they would drop him.

But with these numbers and results and that's despite 2020 partially self-created disasters by Trump? That would be a political suicide for GOP. I bet that down the road they'd want to somehow put him aside, but that won't be happening next 2-4 years - there is simply nobody even close to Trump in GOP when it comes to voter power generation.
    Listen to what McConnell says because he is the actual GOP power and always was. He's ready to be done the headache that is Trump and play defense for awhile. He can obstruct and play victim for a few years, since he's already got the judges, and groom the next idiot.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Any updates on AZ/NV/GA? I’m hoping Biden’s lead is holding if not actively growing there as well.
    AZ narrowed to about 41K while NV is now up to 20K in favor of Biden.

GA is flat until next week IIRC?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I'm glad I voted for Biden even though he would raise taxes on my parents significantly, because Trump is acting like a fucking clown. I just hope republicans hold the senate so we don't have a full on democrat government with no checks.
    You must be lucky to have parents that are millionaires then.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    You'd be surprised by how many Bernie supporters became Trump supporters because Clinton/Biden won the nominations. Trump supporters aren't quite a monolith, and they aren't necessarily invested in the Republican party the way they are invested in Trump personally. Many of his supporters are newly politically activated and voted for the first time in this election. That's why his turnout was so much higher this year.

I wouldn't doubt his ongoing influence on the party even after leaving office, but I wouldn't expect all his supporters to keep voting in the same numbers for career Republicans they don't give a fuck about, even if Trump is endorsing them.
    Pretty much. People really underestimate Trump's insanely immense influence on millions of voters.

You have this talk about how Biden brought the most votes in the history, but guess who's the second guy in the line there. That's not something anyone can ignore in GOP, no matter how much disgusted or disturbed they may be with his toxic and unpredictable personality.

Looks like AP and Fox were right. Trump isn't making the margins he needs in Maricopa to win the state. Biden will ultimately win AZ. So, if NV stays biden, looks like it'll be 306-232 ec vote if trump keeps NC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    They've hung themselves with it.

If Trump wins, which he still can, their party is Trump forever...and then he hits his term limit around the same time as his second heart attack. Or, gets charged by NYState and convicted. Or otherwise faces a monster problem even his unfulfilled promises can't stop. Then they have nothing. Even Ivanka doesn't have that cult appeal.

If Trump loses, I don't wish death upon anyone, but the best shot for GOP 2024 is if Trump dies. Anything else, and he either runs as a loser, or a party splitter, or sulks in a corner and takes the rabid fanbase with him. Especially if that report about attacking FOX News and making an alt-alt-right party comes true.

Trump might be a product of the broken system, but he's the best product the GOP has got. Who else could mobilize like this? Cruz?
    We’re assuming a lot here. Who says they don’t groom some new, (comparatively) younger republican?

Kind of like with Obama. He wasn’t some big-name politician who had basked in the political limelight for decades prior to running. He was simply an established politician.

Then they can really “avoid the trump in the room.” If this guy had no real dealings with Trump, then he neither puts off the republicans that disliked Trump nor enrages the trumpkins for having stood against him.

You know, a spineless yes-man that talks a big game about god, guns and America who only ever really lowers taxes for the wealthy. Exactly What the republicans want.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-11-06 at 07:48 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.