Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    I have had plenty of MMORPGs Swtor, Tera, GW2, Neverwinter, Vindictus, Where i never grouped up with other players or ever even had it as a thought in my head to do it...

Honestly never gonna understand why "Other players" is the thing some see as the "Main thing".

Personally i'd like it if most games went over to the Genshin impact model of gaming.
    Because Genshin is a buzzword nobody will remember in a year, just like SWTOR, GW2 etc etc so I hate to talk about other dead projects.
    For this game to succeed in the future they must have their own way of doing things. We can argue that modern players are fed up conversation because they have Discord, Twitch w/e but the point is, WoW was created for other kind of people and likely still lives today because he took another approach in doing MMOs. I do personally appreciate the fact that we can casually play this game without interacting with people nowadays, but major activities such as raids, pvp are requiring people to communicate. Sure most of modern kids use Discord for that, but there is a whole lot of players who don't and so there is nothing to do for them in the game.

I would suggest turning of the tutorials to fix all your issues.

Isn't there a Youtuber that made his brother (Who never played WoW) play through Exile's Reach? Even with the tutorial prompts he got stuck sometimes.

Turn off the prompts if you don't like them. And do another zone if you don't like WoW mechanics being blatantly introduced..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    Isn't there a Youtuber that made his brother (Who never played WoW) play through Exile's Reach? Even with the tutorial prompts he got stuck sometimes.

Turn off the prompts if you don't like them. And do another zone if you don't like WoW mechanics being blatantly introduced..
    yeah that was Taliesin I believe. and yeah even with the new tutorial hand holding can only go so far really.

It's probably decent for starters, but frankly it's disappointing for me, which is fine because it's not aimed at someone like me.

The main issue i have with it is that it all feels... sterilised somehow. Generic ogres, quillboar, harpies and poor, defenseless murlocs. When i was done my character felt misplaced in the world; Suddenly! Durotar!
    And then the odd transition to bfa; you get on a boat with Nathanos, Zul, Talanji, etcetera and they suddenly start blabbering about how i'm a champion and helped them escape Stormwind, and i'm like "Wat.".

So yeah, contrasting that with i.e. Gilneas (which i liked) and it feels like a downgrade, even for new players, sorta like they're dropping into a years old DnD campaign with a new character because their old one died, and it doesn't have anything close to the connection to the world the old one had.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    It's probably decent for starters, but frankly it's disappointing for me, which is fine because it's not aimed at someone like me.

The main issue i have with it is that it all feels... sterilised somehow. Generic ogres, quillboar, harpies and poor, defenseless murlocs. When i was done my character felt misplaced in the world; Suddenly! Durotar!
    And then the odd transition to bfa; you get on a boat with Nathanos, Zul, Talanji, etcetera and they suddenly start blabbering about how i'm a champion and helped them escape Stormwind, and i'm like "Wat.".

So yeah, contrasting that with i.e. Gilneas (which i liked) and it feels like a downgrade, even for new players, sorta like they're dropping into a years old DnD campaign with a new character because their old one died, and it doesn't have anything close to the connection to the world the old one had.
    Isn't the BfA intro quest a mandatory part of leveling for new players?

You don't just pop on a boat at Zuldazar. Ofc you can skip it if you had done it before.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Isn't the BfA intro quest a mandatory part of leveling for new players?

You don't just pop on a boat at Zuldazar. Ofc you can skip it if you had done it before.
    Might be, i did do the bfa start on alliance side already so it might´ve been bugged by tossing me on that boat.

I tried it again on an older horde alt that went there "the long way" and on that guy i had to do the quest, no option to skip anything.

So yeah, i'm not sure what's up with it.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

5+ Year Old Account
    I kinda liked it, for the most part. Wasn't a fan of the Disney-esque baby writing in some spots, but the experience itself I enjoyed. And it's super quick to level alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    imagine writing a huge complaint about something you can untick if you take 10 seconds to check the interface options.

5+ Year Old Account
    My only complaint about ER is that it's way too easy, there is no way you can ever die, unless you literally go AFK with a couple of mobs beating you. I understand, it's a tutorial, intended for newbs yadda yadda, but still...

In e.g. PoE, the starting area has a boss, who teaches you the basics of an ARPG: switching between autoattacks and special moves, kiting, flask usage. ER, and as a matter of fact, the entire levelling experience, has nothing of that sort. Which in turn, leaves your average newb woefully unprepared for endgame PvE.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

15+ Year Old Account
    ER seems cool for people brand new, but it was putting me to sleep for sure. Nothing is wrong with it, other than the island and boat crash is terribly over done by now... It's just boring. There needs to be some funny crap happening or something. In Durotar you whacked peons over the head and they made silly emotes, compare the tone of that to ER where it's super cereal hostage rescue mission and cooking meat... wow..... you might as well just have a quest that is "take a nap" and nothing funny happens, because nothing funny happens there.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    It didn't care at all what slot it was on as long as I put the ability on a slot, no idea what you're talking about.

Only issue I had was even after joining the instance it continued to pester me to join, blocking a chunk of my screen through the entire dungeon.
    When I did it, I found it didn't care which slot I used, but it did care which bar I used - so if I wanted to put something on the upperbars (where I commonly put defensives) then it would complain.
    BreweRyge: Adds a resource meter for Brewmaster brews, as if they were on a rage- or energy-type system.
    Hidden Artifact Tracker: Adds your progress on unlocking the extra tints for your hidden artifact appearance to the item tooltip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slightly off-topic but anyone know if there are any pop culture references or easter eggs on Exiles Reach?
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

As someone who hates questing and does everything to avoid it where possible, I thought I'd try tutorial island on a new character. I was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed the flow of the quests and how engaging it was. I didn't like the newbie prompts, but once I turned them off they went away never to be seen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    My only complaint about ER is that it's way too easy, there is no way you can ever die, unless you literally go AFK with a couple of mobs beating you. I understand, it's a tutorial, intended for newbs yadda yadda, but still...
    There was a lot of rage on the official forums about Killclaw and being unable to kill him. I didn't have any problems but I suppose if you don't know how to avoid his charge...

The NPCs in the dungeon scenario were woefully useless too, and the healer refused to heal me. I came close to death many times (I didn't actually die, but if I didn't flee I would have).

7+ Year Old Account
    The only annoying thing is that you can't use a mailbox there so you have to run around like a clown 'till level 10. Besides that, it's awesome and quick

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    The only annoying thing is that you can't use a mailbox there so you have to run around like a clown 'till level 10. Besides that, it's awesome and quick
    How would a mailbox change that?
    You can just create new Heirlooms on that character...I don't think gold would help anything.
    Bag space isn't really a problem.

I didn't even notice there weren't mailboxes, because I never felt like I needed one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed ER personally, and actually ended up really enjoying playing the character I created to go through it.

If the tutorials bother you, turn them off. It isn't difficult, and we don't need a blog about every 'easily disabled/ignored' thing in the game that makes someone sad.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by jedijesse View Post
    How would a mailbox change that?
    You can just create new Heirlooms on that character...I don't think gold would help anything.
    Bag space isn't really a problem.

I didn't even notice there weren't mailboxes, because I never felt like I needed one.
    You would be able to mail over the item that lets you transmog your gear

Quote Originally Posted by Inevitable Doom View Post
    Exile's Reach barely has any quests, both sides of the story focus heavily on female characters, one even has the mother rescue her own son (imagine the humiliation), and the "dungeon" at the end is just a reused portion of highmaul.
    I'm the first one who gets angry at SJW-Stuff, but really, i don't see anything here: A female Captain that has her son under her commando (who is pretty much a newbie) that gets caught by an Ogre Necromancer (and also the endboss) gets rescued by her. After the crashed ship, getting probably stranded on the shore and getting unluckily caught by the ogres instead of her, that's pretty much the story: that he survived the torture and couldn't even escaped if he wanted because of the undead army surrounding him should be shameful?

This is simply some dumb slurs because she is female, and yes, in wow this is dumb. Because in a game where 99% of stats comes from the equipment, gender really doesn't matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yes, there is really ONE thing that is annoying:

No resting zone: why is the camp after the ogre-boss not a resting zone?

The orc warlord's daughter's voice is the worst part of the whole island XD
    I give bad feedback all the time, I just dont rage or give them shit. Paying for content does not gives you the license to be an asshole.