Poll: Should they extend DH's to other races?

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    There is no "right background", as none of the other races have any prior experience as demon hunters.

we can only speculate. all the races that i have suggested have prior experience with fel and demons.

Orcs were once part of the Illidari, have drank demon blood and, mostly, don't like demons.

Broken Draenei are also from the Illidari. even though we are talking about the ones from Outland, their outdated model (which is based on the Tauren skeleton) doesn't put them in a likely place to be playable. Argus Broken, on the other hand, are based on the Draenei Skeleton, live on a fel-saturated world (to the point that their eyes are now fel-green), and had to survive among demons for millennia. if that doesn't make you a demon expert, then what does?

Nightborne are, basically, Highborne. if people claim that Illidan is a Xenophobe, and only allows other elves to practice in the way of the demon hunter, then Nightborne are a perfect fit. Illidan himself was once a sorcerer, and he appreciates anyone with a Highborne lineage. That is why Blood elves and Naga are a accepted as members (and, apparently, anyone with a magic addiction - as Illidan identifies with that struggle). Nightborne also had their fair share of demonic influence, as it is the second time they make a pact with the demons.

as for the Void elves, not much can be said, except for the fact that they were once Blood elves (who, can be demon hunters) and, therefore, there is no reason why they wouldn't be, either.
    Most elves are Xenophobes aswell, so they wouldnt train other races as demon hunters. BUT since the broken have lived for millenia in argus infested fel, they could be a different demon fighting class force.

Quote Originally Posted by Talrath View Post
    Most elves are Xenophobes aswell, so they wouldnt train other races as demon hunters.
    Didn't High elves train 100 Humans in the arts of Arcane magic?

BUT since the broken have lived for millenia in argus infested fel, they could be a different demon fighting class force.
    Like what?

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    You said that there was not a single hint that the pandaren could be DK and I gave it to you. If they had added DK pandas right away, it wouldn't be considered a hint, right?
    Yes and I just clarified what I meant.

And no its not a hint considering there are plenty of one-off unique character combos that exist that aren't indications of class combos happening, like that one Pandaren who wants to be a demon hunter. Sure its possible but that isn't a hint it will happen.

The Pandaren DK lore for new players is already different from the lore of that one NPC who was explained as a one-off world traveller. That isn't the origin of our Pandaren DK anyways, which are all raised by Bolvar like the rest of the Allied races. I said we had nothing to suggest we would _get_ Pandaren DKs (as playable), not that the combo was impossible.

Sane if I said we have no indication we will get Blood Elf Druids. There is a BE druid who uses tree form in Botanica but that is not a hint at us getting BE Druids either.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2020-11-09 at 12:53 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Didn't High elves train 100 Humans in the arts of Arcane magic?
    they're the minority elves who aren't xenophobes, or just did it begrudgingly

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I would rather have Man'ari in the Horde. They would fit nicely between blood elves, naga and Forsaken.
    perhaps if not Man'ari for Draenei, then the Alliance Demon Hunter won't be Draenei but rather in the Broken Allied Race. I can take that
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Well current races which can be DHs are blood elves and night elves. So elves.

Obviously if you want more races for DH you can add Void Elves and Nightborne since they are both elves

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wadrak View Post
    Well current races which can be DHs are blood elves and night elves. So elves.

Obviously if you want more races for DH you can add Void Elves and Nightborne since they are both elves
    I don't think Void Elves, aren't they pretty much an antithesis for anything demonic (other than Light) ?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    they're the minority elves who aren't xenophobes, or just did it begrudgingly.
    Oh, so now they're the minority? and they did that begrudgingly?

First of all, they weren't a minority. since it happened before Arthas ravaged their lands and killed 90% of their population, which caused them to split into 9% Blood elves and 1% High elves, they constituted, together, the entire 100% Blood elven and High elven population. That's not a minority, that's an entire elven race.

Second of all, they didn't do it begrudgingly. They taught the Humans the secrets of Arcane arts in exchange for help against the Trolls.

Elves being Xenophobes might have been true in the past, when they lived in seclusion from the other races. Now, that they are part of the factions it doesn't make much sense for them to be Xenophobic. Night elves are, after all, allied with "lesser" races like Humans, Dwarves and Gnomes. and Blood elves are allied with Orcs, Trolls, Tauren and others, whom they never thought highly of. the Xenophobic part of elves is a remnant from the Highbornes, a higher social class within the old Night elven society, that considered themselves above others. Now, that they no longer rule and are not so common anymore, it's not as relevant as it was in, let's say, War of the Ancients.

Take Nightborne for example. They still lived their Highborne lives up until Legion. after sobering, and realizing that they can't keep living in their own little bubble, they joined the Horde, with its "misfit and monster" races.

I don't think Void Elves, aren't they pretty much an antithesis for anything demonic (other than Light) ?
    No, they aren't. otherwise, they wouldn't be able to be Warlocks.
    Last edited by username993720; 2020-11-09 at 07:56 AM.

The Burning Legion has used the Void countless times. There's also the Void being that used Fel in the WoD raid.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

They can do anything and anyone versed in lore can write it up in few sentences.

There is nothing elven that determined only they can biologically be Demon Hunters.

At best you can argue that Lightforged, for example, being empowered by the Light are incompatible with Fel and would just die. But we also said that about them being DKs.

3+ Year Old Account
    Oh, so now they're the minority? and they did that begrudgingly?

First of all, they weren't a minority. since it happened before Arthas ravaged their lands and killed 90% of their population, which caused them to split into 9% Blood elves and 1% High elves, they constituted, together, the entire 100% Blood elven and High elven population. That's not a minority, that's an entire elven race.

Second of all, they didn't do it begrudgingly. They taught the Humans the secrets of Arcane arts in exchange for help against the Trolls.

Elves being Xenophobes might have been true in the past, when they lived in seclusion from the other races. Now, that they are part of the factions it doesn't make much sense for them to be Xenophobic. Night elves are, after all, allied with "lesser" races like Humans, Dwarves and Gnomes. and Blood elves are allied with Orcs, Trolls, Tauren and others, whom they never thought highly of. the Xenophobic part of elves is a remnant from the Highbornes, a higher social class within the old Night elven society, that considered themselves above others. Now, that they no longer rule and are not so common anymore, it's not as relevant as it was in, let's say, War of the Ancients.

Take Nightborne for example. They still lived their Highborne lives up until Legion. after sobering, and realizing that they can't keep living in their own little bubble, they joined the Horde, with its "misfit and monster" races.
    I thought you're talking about those who weren't the xenophobic "most people"

Lore and common sense has little bearing on what Blizzard does.

Lore restrictions are stupid and ultimately, simplify the world they've put all this effort into building.

Why bother exploring, writing and developing so many races if their ideas are so basic that its impossible for an individual Orc to ever think, "I wanna be a druid". The genre of storytelling of fantasy was basically started to address racism in the real world and here we are perfectly fine saying X race CANNOT be Y class. It's reductive.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Lore restrictions are stupid and ultimately, simplify the world they've put all this effort into building.

Why bother exploring, writing and developing so many races if their ideas are so basic that its impossible for an individual Orc to ever think, "I wanna be a druid". The genre of storytelling of fantasy was basically started to address racism in the real world and here we are perfectly fine saying X race CANNOT be Y class. It's reductive.
    "All classes are available to every race" isn't reductive?
    Pfft...I still prefer the racial restrictions that were in place prior TBC. I was typically NE for druid...but became curious about playing a shaman. So...rolled Tauren and became intrigued by the horde. I was encouraged to play other races because of restrictions....keeping me interested in the game for years.

Lore restrictions are not stupid at all, and are prevalent in almost all forms of fantasy and even some forms of reality as well.

As long as the story makes sense, then you can for sure limit a class to a certain race and it gives the game more flavor imo. Think of samurai. Basically only the Japanese race were samurai specifically unless they were trained from a samurai themselves. You didn’t see any ancient African samurai or Ancient Greek samurai etc.

This can for sure stick through with fantasy as well and have it make sense and be flavorful. If everyone can be everything it takes away from your races inherent pros and cons. ESPECIALLY in terms of gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Lore and common sense has little bearing on what Blizzard does.
    That part. It's not like they haven't butchered it before to make something happen so they could do whatever the hell they wanted as long as it either makes them money or a popular choice for the players.

Anyone can become demonhunter, if they have enough willpower.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Anyone can become demonhunter, if they have enough willpower.
    If you're going to go there...my human paladin was doing a fine job wiping out demons long before Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    "All classes are available to every race" isn't reductive?
    Pfft...I still prefer the racial restrictions that were in place prior TBC. I was typically NE for druid...but became curious about playing a shaman. So...rolled Tauren and became intrigued by the horde. I was encouraged to play other races because of restrictions....keeping me interested in the game for years.
    Your anecdotal evidence isn't anything more than, get this now....anecdotal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Lore restrictions are not stupid at all, and are prevalent in almost all forms of fantasy and even some forms of reality as well.

As long as the story makes sense, then you can for sure limit a class to a certain race and it gives the game more flavor imo. Think of samurai. Basically only the Japanese race were samurai specifically unless they were trained from a samurai themselves. You didn’t see any ancient African samurai or Ancient Greek samurai etc.

This can for sure stick through with fantasy as well and have it make sense and be flavorful. If everyone can be everything it takes away from your races inherent pros and cons. ESPECIALLY in terms of gameplay.
    But it doesn't make sense.

Are you really telling me that in a fully realized world that should be inhabited by individuals, no orc would strive to be a druid, for example?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Nightborne and Void Elf Demon Hunters should have been in since the races were added. I also agree that Orc would be cool, but that would require new animation work. But I would definitely be in favor of adding a couple races and the 3rd spec that should have been there from the beginning also (ranged DW crossbow spec) :P

Your anecdotal evidence isn't anything more than, get this now....anecdotal.

- - - Updated - - -

But it doesn't make sense.

Are you really telling me that in a fully realized world that should be inhabited by individuals, no orc would strive to be a druid, for example?
    What are you talking about of course it makes sense, it’s fantasy. What is so hard to understand that in a fantasy game that someone can’t write a story going “and then there is this blood knight class, a class specifically limited to only blood elves”.

They could have wrote in lore that orcs can only be warriors because that is their culture and none of them would ever even want to be a different class.

It’s a fantasy game dude, writing that it makes sense, instantly means that it makes sense.