Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Won't the driver for such hardware be considered the broadcasting software then?

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...sting-software

Something for the average player to celebrate.
    I'm still pissing off the average players on my 2 hunter box combo done without software.

Good to see this happen finally. How players who farm herbs and ore can actually be properly rewarded for their time.
    This is huge for players who weren’t lucky to be around during WoD and just had the gold roll in for free from Garrison missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Multiboxing still will be there for people with half a brain, there is a hardware solution for this. It will make it more inconvenient, but still possible.

It is a good start, but IMO Blizzard fell short there.
    Cos they don't wanna stop multiboxing.

They want people to be quiet about it on the forums, whilst keeping the revenue from it. You can see it in their ticket responses when people are asking for refunds, where they mention that you can still multibox, just not use broadcast software.

Ehh, I don't multi-box with software. I just run multiple instances of WoW and run shit that way. Usually doing the old style RAF with just 2 toons. Maybe did 3 toons but 1 was higher level and nuked shit in level-specific dungeons for the lower level toons.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've recently talked about this policy change with several others who know what they're talking about, and it sounds like Blizzard didn't set out on this policy change with the intention to kill multi-boxing. They don't actually care about multi-boxing one way or the other.

They want to crack down on bots harder than before. However, some of their proposed detection methods could accidentally hit multi-boxers, especially because bots have been recently disguising their software by using input control methodology that multi-boxers use in order to hide the fact that they're bots. So Blizzard decided that they would crack down harder on bots, even if multi-boxers get caught in the crossfire.

That's also the reason they aren't going after hardware-based multi-boxing; they don't actually care about stopping multi-boxing. They care about stopping bots and having to ask themselves "wait, are we sure this is a bot and isn't a legitimate multi-boxer?" is currently holding them back.

So, yes, this change is good, and it will help the WoW economy. Not because it stops multi-boxing but because bots are going to get wrecked harder than before.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Multiboxing is dead you guys

https://streamable.com/4nbuab
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post

Most people with deeper knowledge about multiboxing knew this wasnt going to change much, nice little mage-team you've got there.

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    Most people with deeper knowledge about multiboxing knew this wasnt going to change much, nice little mage-team you've got there.
    Not my team, just one of MANY clips from one of the multiboxing Discords which I'm posting for the sake of the ignorant morons insisting that this is the death of multiboxing lol.

I play a team of Warr/Rogue/Mage/Warlock/Paladin in classic so it's a little harder for me to migrate than it is for the one button / same class setups, but I'm working on it.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I've recently talked about this policy change with several others who know what they're talking about, and it sounds like Blizzard didn't set out on this policy change with the intention to kill multi-boxing. They don't actually care about multi-boxing one way or the other.

They want to crack down on bots harder than before. However, some of their proposed detection methods could accidentally hit multi-boxers, especially because bots have been recently disguising their software by using input control methodology that multi-boxers use in order to hide the fact that they're bots. So Blizzard decided that they would crack down harder on bots, even if multi-boxers get caught in the crossfire.

That's also the reason they aren't going after hardware-based multi-boxing; they don't actually care about stopping multi-boxing. They care about stopping bots and having to ask themselves "wait, are we sure this is a bot and isn't a legitimate multi-boxer?" is currently holding them back.

So, yes, this change is good, and it will help the WoW economy. Not because it stops multi-boxing but because bots are going to get wrecked harder than before.
    What I find funny about that whole thing is... if Multiboxxers are being mistaken as bots... then couldn't it be argued that Multiboxxing really isn't all that distinct from botting. It seems people like Multiboxxers about as much as they like botters.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post

lol, what a pain in the ass to do it like that. have fun haha

Its really not going to be all that bad to continue multiboxing just costs a little more and has to be done differently with hardware. The hardware is around already and we are at the point now where you can even make your own. We have multiple things to make it easier also such as VM's and PictureInPicture modes for monitors, Remote desktop etc etc. In game we have addons such as GSE also that will help that end.

Personally if i was going to do it i would just buy a usb broadcaster (or build own) that will share my keyboard with multiple devices (all hardware nothings done in software here). Then setup a server running a bunch of VM's with the input device set to my usb broadcaster. You can remote in to see the WoW instances if needed or use picture in picture (I would probably just broadcast/stream whats on the VM, have all those picked up by something like CCTV software you use to connect multiple ONVIF cams to display on same screen and then have this screen that shows multiple VM's in the picture in picture overlay on main monitor. Probably software that can do this also if monitor wont support.)

I'm sure there will be way more efficient ways than this, and reading up for more than 5 mins would show me a better way. But the above was just off the top of head using nothing but an old server or a few machines and 1 item of new hardware.

I'm interested in how they will detect the software though (old school way). If you were to run WoW on linux via wine and then the software on linux none emulated could it even be detected if WoW were running in own little sandbox? It would not be injecting into memory and be outside of what Warden can see right? Maybe they have thought of something because if that method works botters will still be rife also very easily.

Anyways i do hope to still see people around doing it. I tend to just follow them and pick alongside and never have an issues. I don't PVP but have warmode on and can't say i have ever experienced any issues with multiboxers killing me. I really don't get the hate to "nicking spawns" just follow them... its simple they probably have a solid route anyway so be more efficient.
    Last edited by Stacie; 2020-11-10 at 04:09 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Been multi-boxing everyday since the announcement that IBS is now against the rules. Still waiting on an email from Blizz saying I'm doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    lol, what a pain in the ass to do it like that. have fun haha
    Yeah I honestly have no issues with this type of multiboxing really. If someone really wants to play it like this, go for it. The pvping side of multiboxing playing like this will never work tbh. Also, the operation of controlling10 accounts or higher will be basically impossible (using this method specifically).

Lagging a whole zone. Picking whole zones clean. Yeah adios. I will be happy to report anyone I see still doing it
    And shepherds we shall be...

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    This will have huge ripple effects in Classic specifically. Never saw Multiboxing that bad in retail, in Classic it was downright systemic.
    That bad? I used to WPvP with 4 raid groups and a 30 person multiboxer. We'd lag out the world so much we used to crash it. It was an experience, but it just ruined it for everyone not on our side or participating. I'm very happy with this change.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatel View Post
    Lagging a whole zone. Picking whole zones clean. Yeah adios. I will be happy to report anyone I see still doing it
    I have never experienced a whole zone lagging because of multiboxing, I have seen them pick herbs in Nazjatar with success though.

I dont believe I ever cared about if someone multiboxed, I just carry on playing the game my way since it doesnt affect me.

I am grateful for the cheap materials they've supplied the auction house with though, saved plenty of raidnights for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfr528 View Post
    What I find funny about that whole thing is... if Multiboxxers are being mistaken as bots... then couldn't it be argued that Multiboxxing really isn't all that distinct from botting. It seems people like Multiboxxers about as much as they like botters.
    Especially considering that the heaviest botting farmers are most liking combining multi-boxing and bots.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfr528 View Post
    No it couldn't. Bots are absolutely different in a way it all happens automatically while you are doing something else. With normal multiboxing you need to perform actions yourself which isn't really different from making a X man party and gathering herbs/farming in a group.

Its not "multiboxers are mistaken as bots", that is also wrong. Its bots that are disguising themselves as multiboxers.

Nice little video for every clown who is celebrating "the end of multiboxing":

Why is it necessary for all of you to be so clueless? Couldn't you make a basic effort to do some research and have an informed opinion rather than spewing inaccurate drivel?

This entire thread is basically 22 pages of 95% uninformed garbage. Be smarter. Do your homework. Stop spreading ignorance to other people.
    Last edited by shoegazing; 2020-11-11 at 06:10 PM.

― Douglas Adams