Poll: Illidan vs Sylvanas

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Illidan vs. Sylvanas

So, in the War of the Thorns, we saw how Sylvanas could fight Malfurion and since then she has become much stronger (a huge number of souls have gone to the Maw since then) and was easily able to defeat the Lich King Bolvar. Will the current Sylvanas be able to defeat Illidan 1x1?

With the way she has progressed I'd have to say Sylvanas has the edge. While Illidan is powerful and all, she is being powered by a "titan plus plus" level being so I'd be surprised if he could beat her.

Haven't really seen any proof that Illidan has become stronger since we beat him in TBC, but Sylvanas was pretty sure she could be Malfurion and later revealed that she has been holding back a whole lot. One shots Saurfang and toys with the Lich King+ small undead army.

Can only imagine that after shattering the Helm and going to the Maw, she's grown incredibly more powerful. But I bet you the next time we see Illidan, he's gained some kind of power, it's just not a thing as of yet.

Sylvanas though, may even be powerful enough to take on Lich King Arthas now... maybe.

I think that it's pretty obvious at this point that they've beefed Sylvanas up to super duper levels. Odds are she can beat any mortal(ish) NPC in a 1 on 1 you can name.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Haven't really seen any proof that Illidan has become stronger since we beat him in TBC, but Sylvanas was pretty sure she could be Malfurion and later revealed that she has been holding back a whole lot. One shots Saurfang and toys with the Lich King+ small undead army.

Can only imagine that after shattering the Helm and going to the Maw, she's grown incredibly more powerful. But I bet you the next time we see Illidan, he's gained some kind of power, it's just not a thing as of yet.

Sylvanas though, may even be powerful enough to take on Lich King Arthas now... maybe.
    Depends on who is writing Malfurion at the time as well. There were times where Malfurion was god like in powers and then you have Xavius capturing him so easily. The only quote we can really go by is Lorth saying that capturing Jaina without a full on battle proves she's become powerful. I think the biggest feat we've seen from Illidan was shattering Xera. I mean Illidan was never really even known for raw power. He was basically either making a strategy or groveling to his Legion masters for pity and then plotting about how to save his own skin and claim it was for Azeroth.

Before SL i wouldve said Illidan roflstomps
    He was incredibly powerful. When we fought him in BC he was literally already half-dead, and in Legion when he was at full power, he one-shotted Xe'ra (who was a Prime Naaru, and therefore perhaps the most powerful one weve seen so far). In comparsion, Alleria got most of her current void power from consuming a "normal" void corrupted Naaru.

However, after the SL cinematic its clearly Sylvanas. Altho the power is not rlly her own, the Jailer buff takes her to a different level, simply bc the Jailer is at least comparable to a titan.
    So basically:
    Jailer-Sylvanas > Illidan >> Sylvanas
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Illidan simply because it's not really Sylvanas' power, but The Jailer's being funneled through her.

With Slyvanas's Duex Ex chain maxima, she beats him quite easily. Prior to Jailer empowerment, id say Illidan wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Jindujun View Post
    With the way she has progressed I'd have to say Sylvanas has the edge. While Illidan is powerful and all, she is being powered by a "titan plus plus" level being so I'd be surprised if he could beat her.
    We don't know the Jailer's strength level. Wowhead said Titan ++ and Windows Central said Titan's level threat. Not to mention, we have no idea if this is related to his personal strength or the fact that he can kill the soul world of Azeroth. In an interview, Blizzard also said that the Winter Queen is weaker than the Titans, so we still don't know the level of the Death Pantheon's power.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    He was incredibly powerful. When we fought him in BC he was literally already half-dead, and in Legion when he was at full power, he one-shotted Xe'ra (who was a Prime Naaru, and therefore perhaps the most powerful one weve seen so far). In comparsion, Alleria got most of her current void power from consuming a "normal" void corrupted Naaru.
    Technically Xe'ra was resurrected (recreated?) like 30 seconds before that, so it's questionable whether she was at full power at that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post

We didn't fight Illidan at full strength in the TBC. He was terribly weakened after a failed ritual and assumed that even if he defeated the heroes, he himself would die in a few days. It was only in the Legion that we saw his true power.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Technically Xe'ra was resurrected (recreated?) like 30 seconds before that, so it's questionable whether she was at full power at that time.
    Well, it's hard to say. When Malfurion resurrected Malorne, he immediately defeated Rhyolith. I think it's more likely that Xe'ra simply didn't expect her beloved Illidan to attack her and didn't take any defensive measures.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Illidan simply because it's not really Sylvanas' power, but The Jailer's being funneled through her.
    This is a strange argument. By your logic, we cannot judge the power of Tyrande because of Elune, or the power of Illidan, because he absorbed the power of Gul'dan's skull.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post

However, after the SL cinematic its clearly Sylvanas. Altho the power is not rlly her own, the Jailer buff takes her to a different level, simply bc the Jailer is at least comparable to a titan.
    So basically:
    Jailer-Sylvanas > Illidan >> Sylvanas
    When I speak of the Naaru, I look at them like glass cannons. They are extremely powerful (A'dal could destroy mountains and cities, according to Maiev) and are essentially walking batteries (as they can power their spaceships), but they are very vulnerable. In theory, Xe'ra is much stronger than Illidan and can cause much more destruction, but she is very fragile.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Depends on who is writing Malfurion at the time as well. There were times where Malfurion was god like in powers and then you have Xavius capturing him so easily. The only quote we can really go by is Lorth saying that capturing Jaina without a full on battle proves she's become powerful. I think the biggest feat we've seen from Illidan was shattering Xera. I mean Illidan was never really even known for raw power. He was basically either making a strategy or groveling to his Legion masters for pity and then plotting about how to save his own skin and claim it was for Azeroth.
    Xavius's forces are the anti-forces of Malfurion's forces. Even in the books of Knaak, Xavius was more powerful. But the fact that Malfurion did not cause a huge storm or simply did not kill Sylvanas with lightning is strange. Malfurion is indeed much weaker in the game.

I want them to work together

Sylvanas can probably one-shot Sargeras at this point with her "titan plus plus" power-up. The power-up being comic book tier writers.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    My gut says Sylvanas because her jailor powerup right now is simply "More powerful than her opponent." But despite that I keep thinking Illidan 1 shotting a prime Naru is just a little more impressive on a power scale perspective. So falling back to classic Blizz logic I stand with edgelord > powergoth

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    So, in the War of the Thorns, we saw how Sylvanas could fight Malfurion and since then she has become much stronger (a huge number of souls have gone to the Maw since then) and was easily able to defeat the Lich King Bolvar. Will the current Sylvanas be able to defeat Illidan 1x1?
    Sylvanas ofc, because she's so CoOoL and uber stronk Mary Sue. She could probably solo the whole Pantheon, Sargeras included, without even breaking a sweat
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Prior to Sylvanas being beefed up by the Jailer, I'd say Illidan edges her out pretty handily. With Sylvanas' power-up, I'd say Sylvanas probably has an advantage over Illidan, although I still think it would be a hell of a fight and Sylvanas wouldn't prevail without additional scars.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    You have literally no proof that the power is temporary. That's like saying Illidan's power isn't his but the skull's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Sylvanas ofc, because she's so CoOoL and uber stronk Mary Sue. She could probably solo the whole Pantheon, Sargeras included, without even breaking a sweat
    Is it a Mary Sue if they're a villainesque person? A lot of it applies, but typically they don't write a Mary Sue to be hated for their actions rather than poor writing.

Sylvanas beat the Lich King, and he was stronger than Illidan even before the two separate merging events. It seems pretty obvious she'd win.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Is it a Mary Sue if they're a villainesque person? A lot of it applies, but typically they don't write a Mary Sue to be hated for their actions rather than poor writing.
    Of course there can be evil Mary Sue's.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Given that Sylvanas is presently pumped full of Betauser's the jailer's power and he's the expansions ancient evil I very much doubt any 'mortal' lore character could go toe to toe with her at present.

When she was just a banshee? Illidan would slam jam her.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?