3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Problem then is that everyone would simply camp the same rares like Bronjahm or Skadi.
    ^this, I'd like to have a day like that last day before launch though, would be hilarous seeing everything spawn everywhere
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The horde got some of the heads, shoulders and sometimes chest items from a quest or something like that. For alliance the tint was apparently never used that way because I don't have the corresponding pieces there.
    Lucky Horde, I guess. Seeing I didn't need the big pieces was enough to put me off doing dailies, so I'm just back to waiting for the expansion again... It's pretty damn close!

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Lucky Horde, I guess. Seeing I didn't need the big pieces was enough to put me off doing dailies, so I'm just back to waiting for the expansion again... It's pretty damn close!
    Well the horde tints look like ass anyway. For alliance it might be a bit more interesting, but then I already have the elite warfront sets collected for all, so there is little to no reason to collect the worse looking pieces, certainly not with my current schedule and how lame the event is in general.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Well the horde tints look like ass anyway. For alliance it might be a bit more interesting, but then I already have the elite warfront sets collected for all, so there is little to no reason to collect the worse looking pieces, certainly not with my current schedule and how lame the event is in general.
    Add to that the broom not even being a toy, just a usable item. I got the pet and don't really feel a reason to go back.

This prepatch event is really weird.

I just sit idle at the rare spawn, tabbed and playing another game or doing whatever until my screen flashes. Check back, wait two minutes for rare to activate, kill, repeat. So it's not time consuming since I spend maybe 5 minutes out of an hour on it, but at the same time it's not terribly interesting. Oh well, my freshly leveled characters I plan to play in SL get to go in at ilvl 100

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post

I just sit idle at the rare spawn, tabbed and playing another game or doing whatever until my screen flashes. Check back, wait two minutes for rare to activate, kill, repeat. So it's not time consuming since I spend maybe 5 minutes out of an hour on it, but at the same time it's not terribly interesting. Oh well, my freshly leveled characters I plan to play in SL get to go in at ilvl 100
    Yea it's pretty boring. There's such a big difference compared to BFA's and Legion's prepatch.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post

First I planned to ignore farming gear and just grab 115 weapon on all alts, but I must say this rare system is perfect for people working from home ;P. You can get 1 char in almost full 100-110 in one day with minimal effort.

By the way, anyone know if Nathanos world quest reset next week? Would be nice for chars with 2 1H weapons.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2020-11-12 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    First I planned to ignore farming gear and just grab 115 weapon on all alts, but I must say this rare system is perfect for people working from home ;P. You can get 1 char in almost full 100-110 in one day with minimal effort.

By the way, anyone know if Nathanos world quest reset next week? Would be nice for chars with 2 1H weapons.
    I believe Nathanos does yes since at the very start he was bugged and some didn't get a weapon, Blue post said they could have another go next week.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Blizz adds to the after SL time travel speculation theory hype.

It's OK guys, I was told the pre-patch would be 4 weeks and totally awesome and in no way lazy.

Just poppin' back for the bag every 6.66 repeating hours.

Before we all go heelsvsbabyface let’s remember we get some more dailies next week and it’s officially under 2 weeks until launch

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Blizz adds to the after SL time travel speculation theory hype.
    I’m still saying it’s a time travel expansion in 10.0 because of all the budding storylines

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Yea it's pretty boring. There's such a big difference compared to BFA's and Legion's prepatch.
    What was BfA prepatch?

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Before we all go heelsvsbabyface let’s remember we get some more dailies next week and it’s officially under 2 weeks until launch

- - - Updated - - -

I’m still saying it’s a time travel expansion in 10.0 because of all the budding storylines

- - - Updated - - -

What was BfA prepatch?
    War of Thorns. Was like a three or four week storyline. had some nice mog and mounts if I recall correctly.

I don't even remember what BfA was but Legion was killing demons in varies vanilla zones. It had less waiting around then this event but was more grindy.
    Certainly wouldn't call it massively different
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    BfA pre-patch had (much) more story, but this one is very easy to gear up alts. Of course no pre-patch was better than Legion.

And it's so short that whining is pointless. Expansion is 10 days away, just prepare what you need to prepare and enjoy silence before the storm.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was more in the bFA prepatch but it wasn't by a massive margin. I do think they could of done more but I am not mad.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    BfA pre-patch had (much) more story, but this one is very easy to gear up alts. Of course no pre-patch was better than Legion.

And it's so short that whining is pointless. Expansion is 10 days away, just prepare what you need to prepare and enjoy silence before the storm.
    This. Also, nothing will probably be as bad as the MoP or WoD prepatches. A scenario with a toy. Yay.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Add to that the broom not even being a toy, just a usable item. I got the pet and don't really feel a reason to go back.
    Now that you mention the broom, I wonder, does it have a location restriction like too many other toys/items as well?

But in general I don't quite get why Blizzard is so inconsistent with adding things to the toys tab.

Edit: Another thing I noticed, when did they change the mobs in crossroads to no longer drop scourge marks? When I did it on the PTR I got quite a few in a matter of minutes, which made the whole event seem way more palpable.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-11-13 at 06:01 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    There was more in the bFA prepatch but it wasn't by a massive margin. I do think they could of done more but I am not mad.
    Was it really?
    In the BfA pre-patch we had the questline with the guaranteed mount, the Lordaeron siege being available early, and a whole bunch of world quests in Darkshore that only worked to gear alts and didn't give anything worth getting otherwise.

This pre-patch meanwhile gives a questline, a battle pet, (somewhat) unique transmog, the bag, and of course the dailies and rares this week and the zombie invasion next week.

I would personally say this one beats out the BfA one by quite a bit, mostly because at least it incentivizes you to log on for more than just when new quests were added, and more importantly with next week has an actual potentially fun event with the Zombie invasions taking place in the capital cities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I dont even care that it was short, I wish they made the rewards actually decent. It would have taken them a negligible amount of dev time to implement unused warfront tints that are already in the files, a new tabard could have been nice too, but by doing this prepatch there is no exclusivity. You get a geist, hoo boy, and maybe a shadow following you around.
    The transmog set is technically unique. It shares quite a few pieces with the season 1 gladiator set you can buy, but some of the pieces are exclusive.

That being said I do feel they should have at least used the unused HC warfront set tint from Stromgarde though, would have felt that tiny bit better to actually farm.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, page 3333, who would have thought we would get here before the actual launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    War of Thorns. Was like a three or four week storyline. had some nice mog and mounts if I recall correctly.
    War of Thorns was 2 sets of questlines with the Lordaeron scenario at the end. It did not give a mount.
    From what I remember of it there was a general consensus that there was nothing to do except wait for the next set of quests/launch, as opposed to now where at least there is nothing to do except wait for Bronjahm to spawn again.

Having the Haunted Memento callback to farm is a nice bonus to at least incentivize going out and doing the actual pre-pathc content as well, something the BfA pre-patch didnt have unless you counted wintrading in Warmode Darkshore for the 500 honor level mount.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

BfA objectively had the pre-patch with the most content. A massive questline spanning two entire weeks which was FULL of plot development (this new questline about the Scourge doesn't compare lol), the revamp of Darkshore (which lasted until 8.1), the Battle of Lordaeron story scenario and subsequent revamp of Tirisfal Glades, TWO NEW MOUNTS that every player got (hippogryph for the Alliance, gargoyle for the Horde), many story-intense cutscenes and even CGI in-game cinematics varying between Alliance and Horde... there is no comparison. The cherry on top was the Saurfang CGI cinematic and the two new short stories which expanded on the events of the War of Thorns.

For all the flaws of BfA, it is undeniable that its pre-patch was crammed with content, both gameplay-wise and storywise.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-11-13 at 11:14 AM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

How about having an ACTUAL Scourge invasion, no? Floating necropoli attacking zones? Zombies rampaging in major cities? It was done 12 years ago. Do they no longer have the technical capabilities to do what they did more than a decade ago? Just reskin the Legion events and replace the baddies with the Scourge.

This "invasion" does not feel like an invasion at all.